PDA

View Full Version : Were you ever betrayed by a good friend or family member?

blind_fury
10-29-2006, 03:01 PM
My half-sister owes me 4,000 bucks. She hasn't called me in over 9 months. :csad:

Darthphere
10-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Thats not a betrayal, thats smart business.

blind_fury
10-29-2006, 03:05 PM
No. It's stealing from a family member. :huh:

Darthphere
10-29-2006, 03:06 PM
No, not really. Im guessing you never set a timetable for paying you back. Your fault.

Darthphere
10-29-2006, 03:09 PM
This reminds me of a policy I have "Never lend people money, and expect them to pay you back."

blind_fury
10-29-2006, 03:12 PM
No, not really. Im guessing you never set a timetable for paying you back. Your fault.

I don't think a timetable matters if the person never plans on paying you back.

My mistake was not going through a bank to make the loan formal. I didn't realize when you lend someone a large some of money, no matter who it is, you go through a bank. That way they're legally obligated to pay you back.

tzarinna
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM
To the thread title.

Um,yeah,it's why I spend way too much time here.

hippy fascist
10-29-2006, 04:54 PM
"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; / For loan oft loseth both itself and friend. / And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry."--Shakespeare

http://www.shakespeare-w.com/gallery/s1.gif

Revolver_Ocelot
10-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Nah, my friends and family are pretty good.

But I did let some dip**** borrow Age of Empires 2 in 8th grade and he never gave it back

Sofa
10-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't think a timetable matters if the person never plans on paying you back.

My mistake was not going through a bank to make the loan formal. I didn't realize when you lend someone a large some of money, no matter who it is, you go through a bank. That way they're legally obligated to pay you back.
You understand it now. :up:

Took you the hard way though.

Dorian Gray
10-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Family members? No...well My Half-Brother hates me immensely, not exaclty sure why(but I don't think that counts as betrayal)

I had a g/f(It was partialy my fault because I made a bad decsion by dating her) who cheated on me. Yet, I never took it to heart because it was only a week relationship.

As for friends, none of them betrayd me.........yet.

blind_fury
10-29-2006, 05:11 PM
"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; / For loan oft loseth both itself and friend. / And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry."--Shakespeare

"And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry"?

What the hell does that mean?

Sofa
10-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Means burrowing a man on the side for a quickie is bad bad bad..
I dont freakin know. :down:

GoldenAgeHero
10-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Means burrowing a man on the side for a quickie is bad bad bad..
I dont freakin know. :down:

you should tho.

Sofa
10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
I frankly dont care. ;)

hippy fascist
10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
"And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry"?

What the hell does that mean?

It means women don't want a debt ridden loser.

No I do'nt want no scrub scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me. :o

AndThePickles
10-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh, I've definitely been betrayed by friends before.....one of the more memorable instances occurred my freshman year of college. I thought this one girl was my best friend, but when I broke up with my bf at the time it turned out she'd just been using me to go to parties and sleep with my ex's friend who lived in his apartment. She basically just stopped talking to me, and when I finally got her to say something, her excuse was that "I tried to act black" so she stopped being friends with me. I like to dance and my boyfriend is black, sorry you racist betch :cmad:

Arkady Rossovich
10-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Thank god i dont have any siblings or cousins.No,nothing like betrayal has ever happened to me.But i have heard stories..

Batty for Bats!
10-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I went through a "growing apart" with some friends. I wanted some stuff back, they said I could have. I said no such thing. So while they were out. I busted in their pad, got my **** back. They came over (thinking that I stole it - rightfully so) and they saw the tv I just yanked. Then I told them that I bought a new one because they never returned my old one. I'm a stinker.

Kipobe
10-30-2006, 12:18 AM
My half-sister owes me 4,000 bucks. She hasn't called me in over 9 months. :csad:
Your sister is my hero. Haha. :o

Harlekin
10-30-2006, 01:46 AM
You know what you do? You call her. Seriously, she's family. Lest we also forget, it takes quite a bit of time to be able to cough up 4,000 bucks. 9 months is semi-reasonable. Betrayal would be if she called and said: "You ain't never getting this back."

HellOnEarth
10-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Haha, dumbass lol! :)

Sloth7d
10-30-2006, 03:43 AM
My sister literally tried to kill me several times before. But I don't consider it a betrayal. For it to be a betrayal, I would have to expect her not to kill me.

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 03:53 AM
Your sister is my hero. Haha. :o
Let me guess. You have picture of Hitler over your bed.

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 04:00 AM
Haha, dumbass lol! :)
Yeah I'm a dumbass. I had compassion for my sister when she told me she was close to being evicted and losing all her stuff. Yeah, I should be ashamed of myself. :whatever:

Sloth7d
10-30-2006, 04:16 AM
Don't feel bad though, fury. I've given my sister money plenty of times. And times I've been paid back......the dots should give hint of that answer.
Worst thing is everytime she ask me for money she uses the"its not for me, its for your neice" excuse. And I fall for it everytime.

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 04:24 AM
I would feel better if she had a daughter. I don't mind helping children.

Anyways I look at it this way. It's better she backstab me sooner than later. That way I don't waste anymore time and money on a treacherous snake.

Sloth7d
10-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Most of the time, I'm not sure the money is intended for my neice though.

The Fonz
10-30-2006, 08:35 AM
So are you gonna go get your $4000 back or be a pussy about it or whine on the internet about your loss. Hurry up and get your money back man!:cmad:

By the way, can I borrow $4000?:yay:

SuperFerret
10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
If she was close to being evicted then she's obviously strapped for cash, and most likely isn't able to get an extra $4,000 saved up (for you) in less than 9 months. Depending on how much money she makes and the expenses she has (rent, bills, food, etc.), that could take a while. It's not like she's gallavanting about town in a limo on your buck (is she?).

My advice: Don't loan people money, as you're obviously short-sighted, only seeing the money, and not the financial situation of the person you're lending the money to.

November Rain
10-30-2006, 09:56 AM
half bros and sisters technically aren't family:)

betrayed? no

dissapointed? It comes with the territory.

I learned at an early age not to trust people, especially with money and matters of the heart.

Wilhelm-Scream
10-30-2006, 10:38 AM
My half-sister owes me 4,000 bucks. She hasn't called me in over 9 months. :csad:Oh blind_fury, can you do anything right? :csad:

Erzengel
10-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Now how will he pay for his women? :csad:

Darren Daring
10-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Back to the life of the Gigolo:(

Duende Verde
10-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Now how will he pay for his women? :csad:

He could ask his half-sister to "compensate for damages suffered".:ninja:

Dangerous
10-30-2006, 11:01 AM
yes.

Lurk
10-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Betrayed? Um, yeah, I think so.

My uncle faked his death. We believed he'd drowned while fishing and we never found the body, presumably (at the time) due to the fast current and ocean outlet. He was adored by the community and his memorial was standing-room only. Eleven years later he wrote to my mom (his sister) to tell her he was alive - and that being dead was hard and he wanted a social security number so he could get a fishing license and rent movies. It may have been a half-assed attempt for reconciliation, but he should have known better and stayed dead. My family had to tell his second son the news; I don't think I'll ever forget that moment. My aunt was forced to remarry her second husband since that marriage was invalidated by my uncle's reappearance, even though her first husband had a death certificate. The only person who knew what he'd done, his little mistress, went to his memorial and told his widow she'd be fine and would carry on. The statute of limitations for fraud expired several years before he reappeared and he's dirt-poor, so the coast guard (who testified he could not have survived the water's temperature and current without a lifevest) had no course of action. He got away with it.

Does that count?

Wilhelm-Scream
10-30-2006, 11:20 AM
No Way!

Darren Daring
10-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Lurk should get out of the Bitter Barn and give the Peppiness Pig a good chase.

Wilhelm-Scream
10-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Life without a fishing license or video rental? inconceivable. No wonder he cracked.

Holly Goodhead
10-30-2006, 11:32 AM
When someone betrays me they are erased from my life. There is no reconciling, if they did it once theyll do it again. I'm usually pretty good at reading people though so I don;t hang out with a lot of betrayable people in the first place.

HellOnEarth
10-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Get a shotgun and go to her house.

She will gladly pay back.

Darren Daring
10-30-2006, 11:34 AM
When someone betrays me they are erased from my life. There is no reconciling, if they did it once theyll do it again. I'm usually pretty good at reading people though so I don;t hang out with a lot of betrayable people in the first place.

It's true, I'm completely dead to her:up:

She won't even listen to stories abotu my shoes:down

Wilhelm-Scream
10-30-2006, 11:40 AM
It's true, I'm completely dead to her:up:

She won't even listen to stories abotu my shoes:downNow you should go to a gnarled tree and hang yourself from it and let your bowels spill out onto the sour ground.

Darren Daring
10-30-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm really broken up about it all. Who will hear about my shoes?

Dangerous
10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
it was not good.

November Rain
10-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Betrayed? Um, yeah, I think so.

My uncle faked his death. We believed he'd drowned while fishing and we never found the body, presumably (at the time) due to the fast current and ocean outlet. He was adored by the community and his memorial was standing-room only. Eleven years later he wrote to my mom (his sister) to tell her he was alive - and that being dead was hard and he wanted a social security number so he could get a fishing license and rent movies. It may have been a half-assed attempt for reconciliation, but he should have known better and stayed dead. My family had to tell his second son the news; I don't think I'll ever forget that moment. My aunt was forced to remarry her second husband since that marriage was invalidated by my uncle's reappearance, even though her first husband had a death certificate. The only person who knew what he'd done, his little mistress, went to his memorial and told his widow she'd be fine and would carry on. The statute of limitations for fraud expired several years before he reappeared and he's dirt-poor, so the coast guard (who testified he could not have survived the water's temperature and current without a lifevest) had no course of action. He got away with it.

Does that count?best story ever

Lurk
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
^If it weren't so ****ing depressing, maybe. There's a lot more to it (like my grandfather with severe alzheimers being abused by his other son, who also happened to supply his brother with cocaine before he disappeared and then failed to tell anyone that the uncle who "died" was doing drugs), but that's the gist of it.

November Rain
10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
you have one helluva family heritage to live up to

:(

Ronny Shade
10-30-2006, 02:34 PM
My parents promised me a loft if I took the smallest bedroom when we moved into our new house.

10 years later...still no loft.

Bastards.

Wilhelm-Scream
10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
you should've placed a dead turtle for every year of that betrayal in their bed. :cmad:

Ronny Shade
10-30-2006, 02:38 PM
I really shouldve

but it's hard to find dead turtles in michigan.

Wilhelm-Scream
10-30-2006, 02:39 PM
What kind of corpses do you have to work with there?
Cows?

Ronny Shade
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Squirrels mostly. The occasional skunk.

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
If she was close to being evicted then she's obviously strapped for cash, and most likely isn't able to get an extra $4,000 saved up (for you) in less than 9 months. Depending on how much money she makes and the expenses she has (rent, bills, food, etc.), that could take a while. It's not like she's gallavanting about town in a limo on your buck (is she?).

My advice: Don't loan people money, as you're obviously short-sighted, only seeing the money, and not the financial situation of the person you're lending the money to.
If she doesn't have the money then fine. But she could at least call me and tell me.

It's not really the money I care about. It's the betrayal and disregard for my well-being.

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Get a shotgun and go to her house.

She will gladly pay back.
I'm a lover, not a fighter. :meow:

and I'm pretty sure that's a felony. :oldrazz:

Ronny Shade
10-30-2006, 03:04 PM
so is stealing that much money and fleeing the state

Erzengel
10-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Maybe paying you back is not at the forefront of her mind. Have you tried calling her up and say, "Hey remember that money I gave you....?".

Darthphere
10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
so is stealing that much money and fleeing the state

Well legally speaking, its not stealing.

Darthphere
10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Maybe paying you back is not at the forefront of her mind. Have you tried calling her up and say, "Hey remember that money I gave you....?".

Far too logical.

droogiedroogie2
10-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Nah, my friends and family are pretty good.

But I did let some dip**** borrow Age of Empires 2 in 8th grade and he never gave it backOh I know! I HATE that ****, man! Somebody's still got my Tiberian Sun, my Hitman Codename 47, my Duke Nukem Manhappenin' Project, and my ****in' Warcraft (The First Game)! Had to download the ****s, and you know how it is finding cracks that don't give your computer bend-me-over-and-pound-me-in-the-ass viruses.

But yeah, also, this ***** cheated on me once.

Holly Goodhead
10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
oh my god

Darthphere
10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes?

Shuley
10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Never lend out money...if they ask, just say "I don't have it" I've had a few friends in the past that have stabbed me in the back. It's like they just didn't wanna be bothered with me anymore had one friend in HS who told my other friend I stole some valuable comics off of him which of course never happened and proved false. My brother has owed me a few hundred bucks before but I get on him about it otherwise he'll say "I forgot about it" cause believe it or not, he actually forgets he borrowed money from someone.

Wilhelm-Scream
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
You people need to get some good friends. :(
My friends and I have lent eachother money, sometimes a lot, countless times...and we're all happy to pay it back promptly and to get paid back promptly.
Weird

Gotendbz-2
10-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah.....some of my family has been betrayed by some of the family, and they're friends......my family is messed up.

Erzengel
10-30-2006, 05:43 PM
My friends and I have lent eachother money, sometimes a lot, countless times...and we're all happy to pay it back promptly and to get paid back promptly.
Weird

Exactly. I remember lending Muscles some money for a Hamburger and he promptly paid me back on Tuesday.

Darthphere
10-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Weird

I dont lend people money, I give it to them. Funny enough, they usually pay me back anyway.:huh:

The Apatow Crew
10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
The hype has. plenty of times.

Erzengel
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
The Hype has been betrayed by a good friend or family member? :huh:

Darthphere
10-30-2006, 05:48 PM
The hype has. plenty of times.

It doesnt count if you had it coming.

The Apatow Crew
10-30-2006, 05:57 PM
The Hype has been betrayed by a good friend or family member? :huh:why do you always gotta be a smartass with your comments?

Holly Goodhead
10-30-2006, 06:11 PM
why do you always gotta be a smartass with your comments?

it's only because you're a dumbass with your comments. he likes balance

Darren Daring
10-30-2006, 08:16 PM
It's threads like these that make me happy JAL is here.

Erzengel
10-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Moi a smartass? :huh:

I was trying to translate your JALesse. :o

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 08:40 PM
It's threads like these that make me happy JAL is here.

What's wrong with this thread? :huh:

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Weird
Yeah, I paid for my 5 friends' trip to Amsterdam with my credit card. They all paid me back within 3 months.

I am a good judge of character and choose my friends wisely. You can't "choose" your family members however.

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 08:53 PM
I really shouldn't have to call her to remind her. The fact that she hasn't called me in 9 months after I gave her that large sum of money shows an absence of thoughtfulness and gratitutde. Actually I don't think I could listen to her treacherous voice without throwing up.

Erzengel
10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah that's even better, bottle it up and never mention it again. :up:

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Maybe this is God punishing me for steadily whoring for the past 10 years. :huh:

Erzengel
10-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Maybe you should get off your ass and call her instead of letting more time go by? :huh:

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I think I'm afraid she will ignore my phone calls. That's going to take my disappointment and resentment to a whole other level..

Kmack
10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah, a couple of years ago my "best friend" pressured me into admitting something (I'll never tell) over the phone. Little did I know the kunt had me on three-wayhttp://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Kmackintrush/evil.gif My reputation has been somewhat tarnished every since:(

blind_fury
10-30-2006, 09:13 PM
How long were you friends?

Kmack
10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
How long were you friends?
About four years, but it felt like forever:heart:

Warhammer
10-30-2006, 09:36 PM
I had a friend that considered me one of her best friends and likewise.
I leave for the summer and I get slim to no communication from her. I come back and I am treated as a nobody. I come to the conclusion that we never had any substance in our friendship and that "best friends" was only a label. We only hung out twice in two years and we just about only communicate via AIM, Myspace, etc. Take away a computer and there is no friendship at all. We don't talk anymore. She remains completely oblivious to this. :down

F*** that b****. :cool: :o

Sloth7d
10-30-2006, 09:40 PM
it's only because you're a dumbass with your comments. he likes balance
Ouch! That was so harsh even my feelings were hurt. I might have to sig this as the biggest burn of all time.