PDA

View Full Version : Smartest Characters in the Marvel Universe

Quimby2999
11-27-2006, 07:33 PM
1. Reed Richards
2. Bruce Banner
3. Tony Stark
4. Charles Xavier (he's a mutant, so this one's sketchy)
5. Phineas Mason (Tinkerer)
6. Hank Pym
7. Otto Octavius
8. Peter Parker

This is a list of the smartest characters in the Marvel Universe in order.

I compiled this list based on what knowledge I have. It's probably incomplete and you'll likely disagree, so I'm hoping people (more knowledgable than I) will make their own and start an interesting debate.

The Question
11-27-2006, 07:35 PM
The Contemplator. He's spent his entire life studying the nature of the universe and existence, and he's almost as old as the universe itself.

BrolyKnight
11-27-2006, 07:39 PM
forge.. he can build anything hes like the mac guyver of marvel give him a paper clip and he'll build u a teleportation device to another galaxy

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Intellects Beyond Comprehension
The Contemplator
The Celestials
Eternity
The Living Tribunal
(Virtually any abstract being)
The OAA
The Beyonder (pre-retcon)
Galactus
Uatu the Watcher
Supreme Intelligence

Super human intellects (Or seemingly so): Intellects beyond measure
Reed Richards
Dr Doom
Silver Surfer
Adam Warlock
Tony Stark
Mr Sinister
Thanos
Dr Strange
the Ancient One
High Evolutionary

Super Genius: Between 165-200+
Amadeus Cho (Computer Hacking....unknown intelligence levels)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Bruce Banner
Madison Jefferies
Hank McCoy
Charles Francis Xavier
Phineas T. Horton.
Black Panther (T'Challa)
Master of the World
Forge (aid by powers)
Hank Pym
Dr Otto Otavius
Roger Bochs

Genius (140-160)
Sage
Shadowcat (Katherine Pryde)
Namor
Stane
Magneto (alias Erik Lenshirr)
Dr. Curt Conners
Nick Fury
Arnim Zola

Gifted in specific areas (requiring high degrees of intelligence)
Captain America (battle tactics)
Punisher (weaponry, ballistics and battle tact)
Cyclops (Battle tact, strategy and geometry)
White Queen (Psychology and the human mind)
Dr Erskin (Chemistry...not enough data on other achievements)
the Professor (Human engineering...not enough data available)
Stryfe (Genetics)
Kingpin (Economics)
Red Skull (Politics and Manipulation)
Matt Murdock (Law)
Foggy Nelson (Law)
Wanda Maximof (Magic)
Shang Chi (Martial Arts)
Paste Pot Pete (Traping and tracking)

A.I. Artificially Intelligent
Vision
Machine Man
Ultron
Jocasta
Super (Supreme) Adaptoid

Note the list simply samples characters it is not comprehensive.

Venom.Symbiote
11-27-2006, 09:28 PM
forge.. he can build anything hes like the mac guyver of marvel give him a paper clip and he'll build u a teleportation device to another galaxy

That's not intelligence, that's his mutant power. He can build anything but he's been able to do it since his power manifested itself. It has nothing to do with his I.Q. :venom:

Anubis
11-27-2006, 09:36 PM
You sure Spider-Man fits in the Super Genius category? I think that's kinda a stretch.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
You sure Spider-Man fits in the Super Genius category? I think that's kinda a stretch.I recall Reed Richards commenting in a "What if" once he thought he would have been his intellectual equal at some point. I also know Reed Richards and others have praised him opennly before for being exceedingly smart. That and he created the webshooters (although it has since been said the spider "implanted" the formula for webing within him).

Muze
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Amadeus Cho recently made Reed look foolish. so i'd add him to the list.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Amadeus Cho recently made Reed look foolish. so i'd add him to the list.Is that the Hulk kid. Yeah he did...although Reed has certainly been acting it. He seems very smart, although I'll have to see more of him...I'd say he looks about Super-Genius.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Actually genius starts at 160, where "super genius" starts at 200. Though the labels are misleading, as they don't actually accumulate to being "smarter."

However, I wouldn't know how smart that kid is. I'd say sub super genius because it seemed to only work on one level, and that was directional, rather than expansive and constant. He kind of has to engage it. And he didn't really trip Reed up, those computers were Bruce's.

Artistsean
11-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Super human geniouses:
Charles Xavier
Hank McCoy
Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Hank Pym
Dr. Victor Von Doom
Dr. David Bruce Banner
Otto Octavius
The Leader
Norman Osborne
The guy who cloned Peter Parker, the Jackel right?

Is Wilson Fisk a genoius? He must be smart to constantly avoid prison, or for as long as he did.
and would Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse be considered? They have lived for many centuries.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Actually genius starts at 160, where "super genius" starts at 200. Though the labels are misleading, as they don't actually accumulate to being "smarter."

However, I wouldn't know how smart that kid is. I'd say sub super genius because it seemed to only work on one level, and that was directional, rather than expansive and constant. He kind of has to engage it. And he didn't really trip Reed up, those computers were Bruce's.
No above 140 is genius. genius:oldrazz:

What is a genius?
It has been said that a 140 IQ is a "genius" score, however there is no definition, as such, in either of my psychological dictionaries about "genius." Neither is there an IQ score ranked as "genius." That 140 IQ is actually a misunderstanding. To continue Terman's story, he tested these hundreds of children, picked those with IQs above 140 (on the scale then in use) and proceeded to do a longitudinal study. From this beginning and subsequent publication of the books reporting on the study, the magic figure of IQ 140 came into play and current usage. The IQs of some well-known individuals have been called "genius," such as a book that claimed IQs of 180 and 200 for Alexander Pope and Charles Darwin. However, this is hardly likely, as they died long before the first intelligence test was produced.

I made up Super-Genius. Although I am sure there is such a group.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Funny, when I registered, I was fifty seven points above genius, and since mine is ranked 217, I figured it was 160. Could just be standards here in Europe. *Shrugs.*

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Charles Xavier- He has a super developed mind, its his mutant power.
Hank McCoy the Beast- His mutant power, or part of it, is super intellegence.
Reed Richards-
Hank Pym- he invented artificial intellegence
Tony Stark- he invented super armor
Dr. Victor Von Doom- he inventyed armor and robot guards
Bruce Banner-

Didn't Peter Parker, or Eddie Brock, gain all sorts of knowledge from the alien symbiot?

Amount of knowledge doesn't translate to genius. It's how you process information.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Funny, when I registered, I was fifty seven points above genius, and since mine is ranked 217, I figured it was 160. Could just be standards here in Europe. *Shrugs.*
There are two different tests, one tends to be harder than the other.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Hmm.. I wasn't aware of that. Learn something new everyday.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Amount of knowledge doesn't translate to genius. It's how you process information.Actually Hank Pym did not invent A.I., Phineas T Horton's Human Torch had A.I.

Artistsean
11-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I was going by who is smartest, not necissarily genious. If Peter or Eddie gained the knowledge from the alien, or Apocalypse and Sinister lived three life times, they would be smarter than most people.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:10 PM
DIdn't say he did invent it. He developed his own process, more or less though, and the entire design, and the ability to incorporate pre-existing personalities, and a super growing design, not to mention the fact that he built the original Ultron body.

His genius is more than just AI, it goes into plenty of other things.

Such as physics and chemisty with the discovery, and incorporation of Pym particles.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I guess if we were going by "smartest" we have to somewhat declare what we mean by it.

Amount of knowledge, ability to gain knowledge, ability to discern knowledge, or ability to deal with knowledge?

The Question
11-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Super human geniouses:
Charles Xavier
Hank McCoy
Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Hank Pym
Dr. Victor Von Doom
Dr. David Bruce Banner
Otto Octavius
The Leader
Norman Osborne
The guy who cloned Peter Parker, the Jackel right?

Is Wilson Fisk a genoius? He must be smart to constantly avoid prison, or for as long as he did.
and would Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse be considered? They have lived for many centuries.

Yes, Fisk is certainly a genius. He has many machiavelian atributes, and is a highly skilled buisnessman and tactitian. Also, I don't think how old Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse are has anything to do with their genius. They may be wiser in some ways, but wisdom and inteligence are two different things. Also, I wouldn't even say they're very wise, as they're both far too blinded by their goals to learn anything important about life.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:14 PM
I don't know if Fisk is a genius. But if he isn't, he's very damn close.

Artistsean
11-27-2006, 10:18 PM
[quote=The Question]Also, I don't think how old Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse are has anything to do with their genius.quote]

I was going by who is smartest, not genious, both have lived several life times. So they would probably be smarter than most, but your right. Their goals would cloud their wisdom.
Wolverine could be one of the smartest men alive, since he was also born a long time ago. 1800s or so.
But his mind is clouded by his memory loss and his rage.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:20 PM
No, Wolverine is clouded by him being an ass.

The Question
11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
I was going by who is smartest, not genious, both have lived several life times. So they would probably be smarter than most, but your right. Their goals would cloud their wisdom.
Wolverine could be one of the smartest men alive, since he was also born a long time ago. 1800s or so.
But his mind is clouded by his memory loss and his rage.

Exactly. Age has nothing to do with inteligence or genius. While yes, the longer you live, the more opourtunity to you have to gain knowledge and wisdom and the more experienced you have to shape such wisdom, you're still limited by you. Sinister is completely blinded by his psychotic cause, to the point where he has alienated or caused the deaths of everyone close to him. The closest he ever came to actual wisdom was when he gave his second love one final happy memory before she died.

Muze
11-27-2006, 10:28 PM

well he's only described as a teen genius by his creator.
http://www.pakbuzz.com/mastermind_excello/
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=page1&issue=03163930321%2015

but he's also described as the "seventh smartest person on the planet."

OJ avoided prison. Fisk's lawyer is the genius.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm not saying he isn't a genius. I'm just saying he's not Reed level genius.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:33 PM
well he's only described as a teen genius by his creator.
http://www.pakbuzz.com/mastermind_excello/
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=page1&issue=03163930321%2015

but he's also described as the "seventh smartest person on the planet."O RLY...I guess he belongs in the top spot.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Eh. Processing information as he does qualifies genius. But he really only seems to be low level conceptual. It turns on and off as he needs it, and kind of requires all the information to be thought of as it has been shown.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Eh. Processing information as he does qualifies genius. But he really only seems to be low level conceptual. It turns on and off as he needs it, and kind of requires all the information to be thought of as it has been shown.Yeah but I have the issue right here and they do indeed quote him as being the "seventh smartest person on the planet".

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:38 PM
OJ avoided prison. Fisk's lawyer is the genius.I put him in "smart in a particular area requiring intelligence".

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:45 PM
No, I see it. They think he is. Of course, that's on preliminary data, not anything they could really scrutinize.

Basic strategy, ALWAYS estimate the target is high up on all stats, and prepare for that.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:47 PM
No, I see it. They think he is. Of course, that's on preliminary data, not anything they could really scrutinize.

Basic strategy, ALWAYS estimate the target is high up on all stats, and prepare for that.Comics don't function like real life nor are they real life. They aren't amping up the target for better protection, they say those things so the reader will learn who this new addition is. In this case "The seventh smartest person in the MU".

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 10:50 PM
I guess you could underrate it like that. I like to think that they always leave room for something new and variable. If they wrote comics like how you say, NOBODY would ever trip up Reed Richards, because it would be realistic to the point.

Case in point, I'm probably not even ranked in the top 200 smartest people in the world IQ wise, and I could still trip up Steve Hawkings. I don't have to be extremely smart.

So, like I said, preliminary data says he is based on the action, but it wouldn't MAKE him that way.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 10:57 PM
I guess you could underrate it like that. I like to think that they always leave room for something new and variable. If they wrote comics like how you say, NOBODY would ever trip up Reed Richards, because it would be realistic to the point.
It wasn't that he tripped up Reed Richards...he's been a jerk lately anyways. But they said those exact words "he is the seventh smartest"
Case in point, I'm probably not even ranked in the top 200 smartest people in the world IQ wise, and I could still trip up Steve Hawkings. I don't have to be extremely smart.

So, like I said, preliminary data says he is based on the action, but it wouldn't MAKE him that way.
In comics though what is said is ironclad until they decide otherwise. In this case it's overtly stated this kid is "X smartest". You may not be the 200 smartest persons...but according to Marvel this kid is in the top ten...so unless anyone has proof to the contrary, he still is.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Eh, it's not proof. Anymore than Sentry beating Galactus. They're just words, he hasn't DONE anything to earn it. I guess that's my problem.

I could say that I'm the 8th smartest person in the world, or have a group say it, and then it would be true by that thought pattern. But the fact is, I would not have earned it, and neither has he. It's not really iron clad, anymore than the Hulk is the strongest there is, or that Strange is the most powerful magic user.

Like I said, words mean nothing. Actions are everything.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Eh, it's not proof. Anymore than Sentry beating Galactus. They're just words, he hasn't DONE anything to earn it. I guess that's my problem.
Dude it's a comic:huh: . They were calling Hulk "Earth's Mightiest Mortal" since his first appearance. And X-Men "the strangest teens ever"...I seriously doubt by the first page they had done anything to earn those titles.

I could say that I'm the 8th smartest person in the world, or have a group say it, and then it would be true by that thought pattern. But the fact is, I would not have earned it, and neither has he. It's not really iron clad, anymore than the Hulk is the strongest there is, or that Strange is the most powerful magic user.
Right but those characters you mentioned are written under those pretexts.

Like I said, words mean nothing. Actions are everything.
Comic book characters CANNOT ACT OF THEIR OWN VOLITION. Therefore to them words are everything.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes, and THIS character is under a pretext. Just labeled, not proven. Like Bluray, or a Hydrogen reactor. And it really doesn't matter if it's of their own volition or not. He hasn't proven it.

torkibe
11-27-2006, 11:23 PM
When I first read this, I was hoping that even though it was the internet, it had to be a joke. No one could possibly expect anyone to believe something so outlandish:

Then I read this:

Well, it seems that we have one of the smartest, if not THE smartest, women in the world debating comic books with us here on the hype. To think, we have a woman whose I.Q. is a mere 11 points lower the highest I.Q. EVER RECORDED posting with us here! It's quite an honor! :rolleyes:

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Yes, and THIS character is under a pretext. Just labeled, not proven. Like Bluray, or a Hydrogen reactor. And it really doesn't matter if it's of their own volition or not. He hasn't proven it.:whatever: Wow...really stop this "I just said my IQ was 200, so now I feel I need to prove it to everyone" posting you've been doing for a whole hour now.

He's is a cartoon/comic character. Cyclops doesn't have to "prove" to me his eyes are portals to another dimension. In comics you take these things for granted. Does Reed really strike you as "the smartest man alive" despite the fact I doubt anyone who approaches his intellect has written him?...or how about the fact that Galactus doesn't have a time machine, yet Dr Doom does. Does that make sense to you either...does Doom now have to prove to me how he made that time machine...nope.

First of all, he hacked into a SHIELD satillite...that's an action. And one that would take a great degree of skill.

Second, and really for the final time...it's a comic. For someone who has claimed to be smart you certainly have shown a poor grasp of the line between reality and fantasy. Comics and movies function on "suspension of disbelief". In the real world if a 13 year old kid came up to me and told me "I'm the seventh highest IQ in the world" I'd be skeptical and question it. If it's a comic, it doesn't matter. Because in no way shape or form can I prove that statement wrong. I cannot give him an IQ test, I cannot even have full knowledge of his achievements EVER. Therefore I must suspend this disbelief....

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Actually, Hawkings was 280. That's several points higher than 11. And once again, that's my registered one, whether I truly operate on that level or not isn't really something one can guage. But then again, I've never been good at trivia.

And if I truly am one of what would be the top five in the world, why wouldn't I like to read comics? Must I be something else?

In short, I really don't care. Several people on this board easily rank 140 plus on this board.

Whether you think it's a joke or not is really up to you. *Shrugs.*

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
:whatever: Wow...really stop this "I just said my IQ was 200, so now I feel I need to prove it to everyone" posting you've been doing for a whole hour now.

He's is a cartoon/comic character. Cyclops doesn't have to "prove" to me his eyes are portals to another dimension. In comics you take these things for granted. Does Reed really strike you as "the smartest man alive" despite the fact I doubt anyone who approaches his intellect has written him?...or how about the fact that Galactus doesn't have a time machine, yet Dr Doom does. Does that make sense to you either...does Doom now have to prove to me how he made that time machine...nope.

First of all, he hacked into a SHIELD satillite...that's an action. And one that would take a great degree of skill.

Second, and really for the final time...it's a comic. For someone who has claimed to be smart you certainly have shown a poor grasp of the line between reality and fantasy. Comics and movies function on "suspension of disbelief". In the real world if a 13 year old kid came up to me and told me "I'm the seventh highest IQ in the world" I'd be skeptical and question it. If it's a comic, it doesn't matter. Because in no way shape or form can I prove that statement wrong. I cannot give him an IQ test, I cannot even have full knowledge of his achievements EVER. Therefore I must suspend this disbelief....

Actually, I couldn't BEGIN to prove it here. I'd have to really just access everything I have, and I become pretty incapable of outer world interaction, as I become full blown conceptual in thought. Works well for thinking, works bad for working.

And in truth, I post like this everyday. Not just today, not just the last hour, all the time. All. The. Time.

Though, you're not the first to say I don't grasp reality and fantasy that well, and for the most part, I agree. I run things together a lot, a whole lot. You should see some of my literary assignments, how they start out as one thing, and totally become another, to another.

However, I am forever a skeptic, and usually carry an extreme level of doubt around me, and I refuse to let it go simply because a piece of paper decided to tell me otherwise. You can trust that this kid is that smart, I on the other hand refuse to believe it until it's proven to me.

Argue about a comic character. Why not? People argue over lesser things. It's why this thread is here, after all.

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Actually, Hawkings was 280. That's several points higher than 11. And once again, that's my registered one, whether I truly operate on that level or not isn't really something one can guage. But then again, I've never been good at trivia.
Actually Hawkings is slightly over 200 according to estimates

Here is a nice list (this claims Hawking at 160...though this is among his lower estimates...he has never to my knowledge given his IQ scores)
http://aceviper.net/estimated_iq_of_famous_people.php
Albert Einstein is 160. The highest ever recording was 228...exactly 11 points above 217...which is what you said.
And if I truly am one of what would be the top five in the world, why wouldn't I like to read comics? Must I be something else?
You wouldn't be here...if you were truly 217 they'd start you into some massive headstart program at Mensa or something.
In short, I really don't care. Several people on this board easily rank 140 plus on this board.
The middle 75% rank inbetween 100-120. The top ten percent rank above 140. So I highly doubt this.
Whether you think it's a joke or not is really up to you. *Shrugs.*
Joke, no...I think it's an outright lie.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Actually Hawkings is slightly over 200 according to estimates

Here is a nice list (this claims Hawking at 160...though this is among his lower estimates...he has never to my knowledge given his IQ scores)
http://aceviper.net/estimated_iq_of_famous_people.php
Albert Einstein is 160. The highest ever recording was 228...exactly 11 points above 217...which is what you said.

You wouldn't be here...if you were truly 217 they'd start you into some massive headstart program at Mensa or something.

The middle 75% rank inbetween 100-120. The top ten percent rank above 140.

Joke, no...I think it's an outright lie.

Most interesting. Isn't it? Though, I don't lie. It's just what I'm told. *Shrugs.* Use it if you require to unbase me, I really don't care. O.o

torkibe
11-27-2006, 11:48 PM

Really, Hawking's I.Q. is 280? And you base this fact on what? Because when Stephen Hawking himself was asked what his I.Q. was in a N.Y. Times interview he said:

" I have no idea. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/magazine/12QUESTIONS.html?ex=1260594000&en=2160f032bf8fde0d&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt

It's ironic that you chose Stephen Hawking when even he himself doesn't know his I.Q. You would think a genius such as yourself would have gone a little bit further into her research than the first result that popped up on google.

http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-9465.html

ShadowBoxing
11-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Most interesting. Isn't it? Though, I don't lie. It's just what I'm told. *Shrugs.* Use it if you require to unbase me, I really don't care. O.o
I am forever a skeptic, and usually carry an extreme level of doubt around me, and I refuse to let it go simply because a piece of paper decided to tell me otherwise.
Hmmm, skeptic huh?

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Really, Hawking's I.Q. is 280? And you base this fact on what? Because when Stephen Hawking himself was asked what his I.Q. was in a N.Y. Times interview he said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/magazine/12QUESTIONS.html?ex=1260594000&en=2160f032bf8fde0d&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt

It's ironic that you chose Stephen Hawking when even he himself doesn't know his I.Q. You would think a genius such as yourself would have gone a little bit further into her research than the first result that popped up on google.

http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-9465.html

Honestly, if google was the way I wanted to go, I would've known his IQ, now would'nt have I? The answer is much more simple. I didn't know his IQ. lol

You're giving me ten more actions than I would take.

LouFerignoDemon
11-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Hmmm, skeptic huh?

Well, if you want to get into technicalities, I don't hold skepticism towards absolutely everything and everybody I'll ever come into contact with.

I'm a human, after all.

But if nitty gritty technicality facts is what you want...

Though, since we're going off of technicalities, you should've highlighted, or at least deleted where I said usually.

torkibe
11-27-2006, 11:58 PM
This gem made me laugh as well:

When I said this a while back.

I KNEW you were gonna bring up the Galactus thing, which is why I said SHOW ME and not speculation. I have all the Marvel KNights, Sentry mini 1-8 and all the New Avengers and it didn't happen in any of them. Until I see it and it's proven, I don't consider that a feat. I've searched many times and have asked many people to show me, but no one can. Can you? I'd love to see it, because I love the Sentry.

You said this:

Too bad I didn't see this earlier. I like how people just toss away the Sentry/Galactus thing like nothing. Spiderman said it. And we all know Spiderman's this huge liar. "Hey guys, did you know I'm a millionaire?"

So that's how we know it didn't happen. Spiderman said it, the king of super exaggerations.

Come on. I really hate it. People just say that Sentry can't beat Galactus because then he WOULD be the most powerful hero in any universe you put him in, and that just ticks off a ton of people. I know it does kind of irk me. THAT'S why Robert Reynolds is unstable. Because his powers fluctuate. They've even SAID this before. His powers fluctuate, and the Void is also part of his powers. Basically, whatever Void can do, Robert can do, and whatever Sentry can do, Robert can do. They're the SAME person. They just don't do it together. And that's the thing behind the Sentry. He would be like a little plot device, where there's an impossible situation, he could come up with an impossible solution. Sentry and Void on their own can destroy planets, and eliminate entire races. Hell the Void eats souls, is intangible, passes through objects, and can entrap people in his little bubbles. Theoretically, these are things Sentry can do. And in moments of clarity (usually brought on by extreme need. See the current arc in New Avengers where Rob was basically a comatose baby, turned Sentry in no time flat due to severe need of the Sentry.) Sentry's powers improve greatly.

So which is it? I imagine someone of your intellect would remember her own opinion on something and stand by it.

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Though, since we're going off of technicalities, you should've highlighted, or at least deleted where I said usually.Actually it wasn't a "technicality" I could have highlighted any of the last page where you kept insisting comic characters had to prove themselves as the "seventh smartest marvels". Then of course when I call you on being what sounds like the second or third highest IQs on out planet...you don't feel the urge to prove anything...and in fact say "It's just what I'm told". Proving you have a pretty severe contradiction in logic.

If I wanted to catch you on a technicality...it would have been pointed out how off base you were when gauging IQ scores. But I already did that.

However I think the greatest irony of this is the whole time you wanted proof of a fictional characters IQ, while caring less about your own.

torkibe
11-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Honestly, if google was the way I wanted to go, I would've known his IQ, now would'nt have I? The answer is much more simple. I didn't know his IQ. lol

You're giving me ten more actions than I would take.

So then you lied?

Most interesting. Isn't it? Though, I don't lie.

Hmmm... Again, we find contradictions in your logic. Well, if I can trip you up, I must be smarter than Stephen Hawking. I'm going to bed now, secure in the fact that I am a super genius.

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 12:07 AM
So then you lied?

Hmmm... Again, we find contradictions in your logic. Well, if I can trip you up, I must be smarter than Stephen Hawking. I'm going to bed now, secure in the fact that I am a super genius.As am I...I'll add you to the list next to Galactus:woot:

A.J.Rimmer(BSC)
11-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Reed Richards
Dr Doom
Galactus up
Silver Surfer
Adam Warlock
Tony Stark
Mr Sinister
Thanos
Dr Strange
the Ancient One
High Evolutionary

Bruce Banner up
Madison Jefferies
Hank McCoy up
Charles Francis Xavier
Phineas T. Horton.
Black Panther (T'Challa)
Master of the World
Forge (aid by powers)
Hank Pym up
Dr Otto Otavius
Roger Bochs

Genius (140-160)
Sage up
Shadowcat (Katherine Pryde) down
Namor
Stane
Dr. Curt Conners
Nick Fury
Arnim Zola

Dr Erskin (Chemistry...not enough data on other achievements) up
Stryfe (Genetics)
Kingpin (Economics)
Matt Murdock (Law)
Foggy Nelson (Law)
Wanda Maximof (Magic)
Shang Chi (Martial Arts)
Paste Pot Pete (Traping and tracking) up

Note the list simply samples characters it is not comprehensive.[/QUOTE]

AI shouldn't count, as they are only intelligent as their creators designed them to be.

Paste Pot Pete is a brilliant chemist, and whilst he is only smart in one area, his mental accomplishments in his field are greater or require greater intelligence than Shang Chi for example.

Silicon Surfer
11-28-2006, 05:45 AM
From my Master Edition Handbook Sheets

Immeasurable

Supreme Intelligence
Surtur
Hela
Uatu the Watcher
Vishanti
Eon
Shaper of Worlds

Superhuman

High Evolutionary
Astronomer
Contemplator
Psycho Man
Modok

Extraordinary Genius

Magneto
Tyrannus
Apocalypse
Master of the World
Mole Man
Mandarin
Maelstrom
Tom Thumb

Genius

Shadowcat
Kingpin
Mr. Sinister
Fixer
Diablo
Midas
Obadiah Stane
Dr. Demonicus
Walter Langkowski
Ancient One
Dakimh
Manslaughter
Bruce Banner

Some I don't have the official sheets on but surprisingly Hank McCoy is only lister as Gifted. He isn't even an ordinary genius.

Kitsune
11-28-2006, 08:21 AM
1. Reed Richards
2. Bruce Banner
3. Tony Stark
4. Charles Xavier (he's a mutant, so this one's sketchy)
5. Phineas Mason (Tinkerer)
6. Hank Pym
7. Otto Octavius
8. Peter Parker

This is a list of the smartest characters in the Marvel Universe in order.

I compiled this list based on what knowledge I have. It's probably incomplete and you'll likely disagree, so I'm hoping people (more knowledgable than I) will make their own and start an interesting debate.
Ahem... Victor Von Doom?
Paul Norbert Ebersol?
Samuel Sterns?
Bentley Wittman?

Otto and Phineas aren't the only smart villians

November Rain
11-28-2006, 08:38 AM
I would put mr sinister in the super genius level personally.

Kitsune
11-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I would put mr sinister in the super genius level personally.
Except that many of us try to pretend he never existed.

November Rain
11-28-2006, 08:49 AM
what's wrong with nathanial essex?

LouFerignoDemon
11-28-2006, 10:58 AM
So then you lied?

Hmmm... Again, we find contradictions in your logic. Well, if I can trip you up, I must be smarter than Stephen Hawking. I'm going to bed now, secure in the fact that I am a super genius.

Don't be so quaint. I lie all the time. I'm human, there's no human that can go around without lying once in the while. Especially if it invites fun.

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Intellects Beyond Comprehension
The Contemplator
The Celestials
Eternity
The Living Tribunal
(Virtually any abstract being)
The OAA
The Beyonder (pre-retcon)
Galactus
Uatu the Watcher
Supreme Intelligence

Reed Richards
Dr Doom
Silver Surfer
Adam Warlock
Tony Stark
Mr Sinister
Thanos
Dr Strange
the Ancient One
High Evolutionary

Bruce Banner
Madison Jefferies
Machinesmith.
Norman Osbourne
Hank McCoy
Charles Francis Xavier
Phineas T. Horton.
Black Panther (T'Challa)
Master of the World
Forge (aid by powers)
Hank Pym
Dr Otto Otavius
Roger Bochs

Genius (140-160)
Sage
Shadowcat (Katherine Pryde)
Namor
Stane
Dr. Curt Conners
Nick Fury
Arnim Zola

Dr Erskin (Chemistry...not enough data on other achievements)
Stryfe (Genetics)
Kingpin (Economics)
Matt Murdock (Law)
Foggy Nelson (Law)
Wanda Maximof (Magic)
Shang Chi (Martial Arts)
Paste Pot Pete (Traping and tracking)
Donald Pierce (expert on cyborg technology)

A.I. Artificially Intelligent
Vision
Machine Man
Ultron
Jocasta
Super (Supreme) Adaptoid

Note the list simply samples characters it is not comprehensive.
I want to try to get this list comprehensive...so keep the suggestions coming.

November Rain
11-28-2006, 11:44 AM
what level of intelligence has teh silver surfer shown, i didn't know that norrin ladd was an exceptional intellect before hand

i believe if all the earth based characters had done as much travelling as he has, they would rival his intelligence if not surpass it.

I would put banner in the beyond measure part, when ti comes to radiation, he is second to none.

November Rain
11-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I would also put norman osborn in the super genius level at least.

the goblin formula enhanced his intelligence from this stage but he doesn't often use it.

saying this, making something to negate spiderman's powers, not once but numerous times must mean something.

and what about the guy/dude who created the sentinels, he should rank fairly highly also.

i would also put professor miles warren in the super genius level and move forge up a league.

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
what level of intelligence has teh silver surfer shown, i didn't know that norrin ladd was an exceptional intellect before hand

i believe if all the earth based characters had done as much travelling as he has, they would rival his intelligence if not surpass it.

I would put banner in the beyond measure part, when ti comes to radiation, he is second to none.Hmmm, I don't buy that Banner is as smart as Reed, Stark, and Doom. However I think he is in good company where he is at. McCoy his the foremost "human" (mutant with human brain capacity) scientist in genetics. While Banner shows certain amounts of skill his accomplisements are like that of building time machines or transcending into other dimensional planes. In fact he seems to be pretty grounded in reality. The one's on the top tier are accomplising things far beyond the scope of man.

Either way having an 1Q between 165-200 puts him on par with Steven Hawkings.

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 11:52 AM
I would also put norman osborn in the super genius level at least.

the goblin formula enhanced his intelligence from this stage but he doesn't often use it.
That's a good suggestion.
and what about the guy/dude who created the sentinels, he should rank fairly highly also.
Bolivar Trask...probably up there, I'll look into him.
i would also put professor miles warren in the super genius level and move forge up a league.
Forge has powers, and I am not sure he comprehends all the powers grant him the ability to create. He "sees" how machines work, so it really is not any intellect at play...but he has to have enough to comprehend his visions.

November Rain
11-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Hmmm, I don't buy that Banner is as smart as Reed, Stark, and Doom. However I think he is in good company where he is at. McCoy his the foremost "human" (mutant with human brain capacity) scientist in genetics. While Banner shows certain amounts of skill his accomplisements are like that of building time machines or transcending into other dimensional planes. In fact he seems to be pretty grounded in reality. The one's on the top tier are accomplising things far beyond the scope of man.

Either way having an 1Q between 165-200 puts him on par with Steven Hawkings.well i wouldn't count spidey as a super-genius though, without his spider powers,i couldnt seem him creating anything extraordinary within his lifetime.

saying this, he does have an impromptu ability to design crap on a budget, he's a cheap version of mr fantastic in that respect but i believe bar webbing, his advancements have been grounded.

heck i would put ben reilly above parker for also making impact webbing, that's like proper off-the-wall intelligence since the mechanics have relatively nothing to do with the general structure used in normal webbing.

but alas, i am a reilly fanboy...

LouFerignoDemon
11-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Are we including just any character that has come into existance, or just reoccuring characters?

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Are we including just any character that has come into existance, or just reoccuring characters?Any Marvel...even obscure ones...and Alternate Universe characters as well.

LouFerignoDemon
11-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, how about the African American physicist who developed a machine that could penetrate Galactus' barrier that was holding the Silver Surfer back? I can't remember his name at the moment. I'm horrible with names. =/

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Well, how about the African American physicist who developed a machine that could penetrate Galactus' barrier that was holding the Silver Surfer back? I can't remember his name at the moment. I'm horrible with names. =/Find out his name and I can look him up.

LouFerignoDemon
11-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Damn, I'd have to go through my home database, which still isn't up. It was Silver Surfer Vol.1 is all I remember. I'll do what I can.

Muze
11-28-2006, 10:54 PM
i'm nominating...

Machinesmith (a child prodigy by all accounts)
Donald Pierce (they might seem crude but he's an expert on cyborg tech)
&
Augusta Seger (aka the Albino from the Hawkeye one-shot)

ShadowBoxing
11-28-2006, 10:56 PM
i'm nominating...

Machinesmith (a child prodigy by all accounts)
Donald Pierce (they might seem crude but he's an expert on cyborg tech)
&
Augusta Seger (aka the Albino from the Hawkeye one-shot)For which categories. I would bet Machinesmith be in Super Genius.

Muze
11-28-2006, 11:01 PM
For which categories. I would bet Machinesmith be in Super Genius.

Gifted in Certain areas for the other 2. i think Machinesmith qualifies as genius level.

Caliber
11-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Dr Doom is the smartest then everyone else.

Silicon Surfer
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
The Master Edition Handbook listed Pierces intellegence as "above normal".

Muze
11-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Dr Doom is the smartest then everyone else.

i hope that's not a direct quote.

deemar325
11-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Black Goliath before he was killed was of genius or gifted intelligence.

Vision is pretty smart although he hasn't invented anything like Reed.

Donald Blake (Thor) was a doctor, you gotta be pretty smart for that kinda work.

Doc Samson I think is pretty smart, hell he may be the leading expert on superhuman physco therapy (someone spell check me!)

deemar325
11-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh and the Shadow,Miss G and other guy deal was pretty entertaining. Miss G they kinda pegged you baby girl, your kinda suspect now I still got love for ya, but damn.

A.J.Rimmer(BSC)
11-29-2006, 06:57 AM
The Tinkererer perhaps should be onthere?

Ahura Mazda
11-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Hmmm, I don't buy that Banner is as smart as Reed, Stark, and Doom. However I think he is in good company where he is at. McCoy his the foremost "human" (mutant with human brain capacity) scientist in genetics. While Banner shows certain amounts of skill his accomplisements are like that of building time machines or transcending into other dimensional planes. In fact he seems to be pretty grounded in reality. The one's on the top tier are accomplising things far beyond the scope of man.

Either way having an 1Q between 165-200 puts him on par with Steven Hawkings.

Well in a very old comic you had aliens coming to Earth and when they searched for the smartest human on the planet, they discovered it was.....Bruce Banner. :wow:

torkibe
11-29-2006, 08:28 AM
I could still trip up Steve Hawkings. I don't have to be extremely smart.

And one more thing that has been bugging me and then I'll stop picking on you Gluon... The man's name is Stephen Hawking not Hawkings. I find it funny that you would claim to be a genius, yet not get something as simple as the name of the man you are comparing yourself to correct.

LouFerignoDemon
11-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Trivia and names have never been my strong suit. =/

Kind of like how some people have trouble tying shoes and such.

Especially names. You should ask my friend how many times I had to ask for his name before I gave him a nickname for me to remember.

Pink Ranger
11-29-2006, 11:55 AM

You forgot a few:

Starfox (being a total pimp)
Luke Cage (how be badass cool even with a silver headband and canary yellow jacket)
Cyclops (leadership with zero charisma)
Emma Frost (maintaining credibility as a teacher/scientist when you still dress like a stripper)
Bill Foster (how to get killed to advance a major plot point)
Xorn (surviving repeated and confused retconning)

Silicon Surfer
11-29-2006, 03:31 PM
You forgot a few:

Luke Cage (how be badass cool even with a silver headband and canary yellow jacket)
Emma Frost (maintaining credibility as a teacher/scientist when you still dress like a stripper)

Wolverine- pissing people off without even trying

Fading
11-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Wolverine- pissing people off without even trying

Bah, no reason to bash Wolverine in two threads, or Cyclops. Actually Wolverine's above normal intelligence even if it rarely shows, he knows multiple languages, and has probably learned a great deal just listening to Hank and almost everything in the Mansion being Shiar tech. Cyclops is overall a great tactician, and he has charisma...just gives it in small doses. (Mainly kidding, anyway neither registers on the list everyones making).

BTW where would Black Panther fit in. Leader of the most tech nation on the planet, and having a plan on how to deal with most hero's including Galactus should put him up there somewhere. Not to count he does know his tech, he designed the Quinjet.

Also while Banner's very intelligent, it seems more localized in one field. Reed is more broad as he can build a space worthy ship one sec, and a gun capable of harnassing Sue's forcefields or Blackbolts voice the next. Banner seems more focused on a small area, but still the best in that particular area.

I personally wouldn't put Parker much higher than Beast. Parker is smart, he designed his webshooters and is very intelligent, but Beast tinkers with alien technologies more advanced than anything on Earth, and seems to put far more time into science than Parker does.

As for Forge, ya it's not pure intelligence. Think the dude who made the mountain out of mashed potatoes on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Forge can make the machine, but he doesn't always understand it. Like if someone says "Make a machine that can shoot ice", he can whip it up in minutes I'm sure, but he doesn't understand the mechanics of it. Like the time when he made a gun for Nightcrawler and NC asked him what it was, and Forge replied, "I'm not sure, just felt like making it, but am sure it's powerful" paraphrased, but something close to that.

Varient
11-29-2006, 04:28 PM

whatI want to know is,.... Who are the previous 6 definative.

LouFerignoDemon
11-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Definitive...what?

Varient
11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
You forgot a few:

try not to be too much more insulting:
I realize u were trying to be funny but:
Starfox - that's his primary power
Luke Cage - that was off the rack after escaping prison
Cyclops - only medicror(ack!) leaders require charisma.
Emma Frost a telepath can do ANYTHING SHE WANTS and maintain credibility - THINK ABOUT IT.
Bill Foster - THIS WAS JUST WRONG,.. THE ALSO-RAN DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE SO STUPIDLY - only hawkeye was more pathetic.
Xorn - No comment,.. I never consider him a character,...was suprised they put a plot to Xorn.

Varient
11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Definitive...what?
smartest.
The definative definition, (That just reads wrong) of the smartest six people on the Marvel planet earth.

LouFerignoDemon
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I actually don't know. If you read a few of my posts, trivia is not a strong suit of mine, I don't take heavy notice of things around me that either do not interact with me, nor interest me. And lists of people usually do not interest me. O.o

Varient
11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
I actually don't know. If you read a few of my posts, trivia is not a strong suit of mine, I don't take heavy notice of things around me that either do not interact with me, nor interest me. And lists of people usually do not interest me. O.o
With respect:
I didn't expect you to know even offhand,... I only put the thought out there in direct response to your words,... That "I" really wonder who are the "other six" that Marvel made the mistake of saying were the most intelligent.

LouFerignoDemon
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
With respect:
I didn't expect you to know even offhand,... I only put the thought out there in direct response to your words,... That "I" really wonder who are the "other six" that Marvel made the mistake of saying were the most intelligent.

Did I sound offended? O.o

My apologies, I'm stricken with a flu, and am not really as aware of my words as normal.

Varient
11-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Did I sound offended? O.o

My apologies, I'm stricken with a flu, and am not really as aware of my words as normal.
Not an issue,... I'm suffering from a toothache,... I waited too many years to remove this molar,... and I'm now paying for my extreme cheapness+confidence that by body will heal itself.

Realizing this,.. I've kept my comments to a minimum here because it would be too easy to rant off now.

LouFerignoDemon
11-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Not an issue,... I'm suffering from a toothache,... I waited too many years to remove this molar,... and I'm now paying for my extreme cheapness+confidence that by body will heal itself.

Realizing this,.. I've kept my comments to a minimum here because it would be too easy to rant off now.

The ability to hold one's tounge is a sign of maturity. One who shoots off their mouth is usually a child in an adult's skin.

Or at least, if you do it at every chance you get.

Varient
11-29-2006, 06:57 PM
The ability to hold one's tounge is a sign of maturity. One who shoots off their mouth is usually a child in an adult's skin.

Or at least, if you do it at every chance you get.
Well said and thank you,.. I'll accept that as a compliment.

V.

Varient
11-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Bah, no reason to bash Wolverine in two threads, or Cyclops. Actually Wolverine's above normal intelligence even if it rarely shows, he knows multiple languages, and has probably learned a great deal just listening to Hank and almost everything in the Mansion being Shiar tech. Cyclops is overall a great tactician, and he has charisma...just gives it in small doses. (Mainly kidding, anyway neither registers on the list everyones making).

BTW where would Black Panther fit in. Leader of the most tech nation on the planet, and having a plan on how to deal with most hero's including Galactus should put him up there somewhere. Not to count he does know his tech, he designed the Quinjet.

Also while Banner's very intelligent, it seems more localized in one field. Reed is more broad as he can build a space worthy ship one sec, and a gun capable of harnassing Sue's forcefields or Blackbolts voice the next. Banner seems more focused on a small area, but still the best in that particular area.

I personally wouldn't put Parker much higher than Beast. Parker is smart, he designed his webshooters and is very intelligent, but Beast tinkers with alien technologies more advanced than anything on Earth, and seems to put far more time into science than Parker does.

As for Forge, ya it's not pure intelligence. Think the dude who made the mountain out of mashed potatoes on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Forge can make the machine, but he doesn't always understand it. Like if someone says "Make a machine that can shoot ice", he can whip it up in minutes I'm sure, but he doesn't understand the mechanics of it. Like the time when he made a gun for Nightcrawler and NC asked him what it was, and Forge replied, "I'm not sure, just felt like making it, but am sure it's powerful" paraphrased, but something close to that.
(Smile)
In order:
Truth,.. no reason to bash.
Yes he's above normal,.. but I wouldn't put him too high,.. his learning curve in real-time is too low.
Yes he is and Three beautiful telepathic females who could literally have ANY unshielded male on the planet have wanted him w/o shame.
BP - we covered this before,...Folk can't hang with giving him too much credit in any direction that goes against their upbringing, I just leave it alone.
I agree banner is a one trick pony as far as brilliance,.. all tied up in one area.
Peter is bright in manner but Hank beats him hands down because of his education and commitment outside of physically fighting threats. Peter needs more schooling and critical thinking skills.
I agree on Forge.

I note that not much if any was said about the Villians,... And I'm Surprised (seriously) that Norin made the list.

ShadowBoxing
11-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Well in a very old comic you had aliens coming to Earth and when they searched for the smartest human on the planet, they discovered it was.....Bruce Banner. :wow:Weally:ninja:

Silicon Surfer
11-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Parker has deciphered and reprogramed Kangs robotic technology on a mountaintop in South America in a matter of minutes without equipment and has understood physics that Reed Richards stated that few minds on the planet would grasp. This is in addition to his achievements in chemistry and mutagenics.

ShadowBoxing
11-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Parker has deciphered and reprogramed Kangs robotic technology on a mountaintop in South America in a matter of minutes without equipment and has understood physics that Reed Richards stated that few minds on the planet would grasp. This is in addition to his achievements in chemistry and mutagenics.I knew Reed Richards had said something about Parker's intelligence.

Anubis
11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
I stand corrected.

A.J.Rimmer(BSC)
11-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Again I say the Tinkerer

Artistsean
11-30-2006, 03:07 AM
I say the smartest human on Earth, not counting Surfer or Thanos, has to be Reed Richards.

Tony is smart and invents many things but seems to also have other focusses. Something about him strikes me as more average than Reed.

Same with Bruce, he is a brilliant scientist and an expert in radiation but he hasn't invented many things like Reed (that i know of).

Pym is brilliant but is like a tortured artist almost. He also doesn't strike me as being as smart as Reed.

Doom knows he isn't as smart as Reed, which is one of the reasons he hates Reed ( I think).

Reed Richards seems like the smartest man alive in Marvel comics.
The other guys mentioned, who rank as the top, to me, are geniouses too. But Reed seems to be unearthly genious. He seems like his intellegence was effected by the cosmic rays or something. Does anyone else get that feeling? Not saying that it happened but he feels that way. He invents impossible devices that look alien, he also experiments in all fields of science and not just one. I don't know, he just seems like he is the smartest.

who would be second, I don't know.

tyciol
08-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Does anyone remember playing the Overpower games? There, cards later got an 'intellect' statistic. The max stat was 8, and several people had it, but it would at least allow us to rank that group above those who got 7. Examples:

8s:
http://justabgkid.com/homemades/galactus/galactus.jpghttp://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroMrFantastic.jpghttp://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroDrDoom.jpg

7s:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroDrOctopus.jpghttp://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroDrStrange.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroHulk.jpghttp://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroIronMan.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroProfessorX.jpghttp://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroMagneto.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/overpowerlives/1%20Marvel%20OverPower/HeroBeast.jpg

For lower: Captain America ranks 6, Rogue and Venom are 2s.

Come to think of it, I think a lot of collectible card sets (I think an X-men set I have somewhere) also gave out stats. I'll check sometime.

This may seem overly simplistic, but you have to imagine that in trying to figure out what stats to give characters, that the people at Fleer consulted the people who made the comics.

The Contemplator. He's spent his entire life studying the nature of the universe and existence, and he's almost as old as the universe itself.Time contemplating isn't intelligence. Maybe wisdom. Intelligence is raw processing ability. When I feel smarter, I can puzzle stuff out fast. When I'm running dumb for the day, it takes me a long while to puzzle stuff out.

Would rather go on accomplishment rather than time.

forge.. he can build anything hes like the mac guyver of marvel give him a paper clip and he'll build u a teleportation device to another galaxyThe question is whether or not Forge knows what he's doing. Nightcrawler likely doesn't know the physics behind his teleportation, it just works for him. Magneto really doesn't have to understand magnetism either.

pr0xyt0xin
08-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Gah... theres so many intellectuals in the Marvel universe!

Excluding villains, I'd say these are the top five (order is debatable):
Reed Richards
Henry Pym
Bruce Banner
Tony Stark
Stephen Strange

JulietCapulet
08-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Peter Parker
Bruce Banner
Hank Pym

Marvel is rife with super geniuses, these five are my favorite.

hippie_hunter
08-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Marvel already ranked them:

1. Reed Richards
* Valeria Richards
2. Dr. Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Bruce Banner
5. Tony Stark
6. Hank McCoy
7. Amadeus Cho
8. T'Challa

pr0xyt0xin
08-16-2012, 01:01 AM

1. Reed Richards
* Valeria Richards
2. Dr. Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Bruce Banner
5. Tony Stark
6. Hank McCoy
7. Amadeus Cho
8. T'Challa

source?

hippie_hunter
08-16-2012, 01:38 AM
source?

The various Marvel comics.

Greg Pak's run on the Hulk books have given the various characters rankings like Reed Richards and Dr. Doom being officially being the two smartest ranked, the way Marvel has always treated them. Hank Pym was given the title of Scientist Supreme in Mighty Avengers #30 by Eternity and was stated that in a lot of ways that he was better than Stark and Richards; Norman Osborn stated that Bruce Banner was the fourth smartest man in Dark Reign: The List - Hulk; Amadeus Cho was introduced as the seventh smartest person in his first appearance in Amazing Fantasy #15; and T'Challa stated that he was the eight smartest person in Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #516.

Tony Stark and Hank McCoy were never numerically ranked the way the others were, but Pak put them in the top eight and through process of elimination and how Marvel treats the two characters, Stark and McCoy belong in positions #5 and #6 by default.

And then there is also the issue of Valeria Richards, where while most know that she inherited her father's enormous intellect, most don't know that she is almost on par with Reed already. Fantastic Four #558 states that she's almost at the level of her father in terms of intelligence.

pr0xyt0xin
08-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks! really cool information. I guess that settles it. My guesses were pretty dern close. :D I guess Strange is just a specialist.

Gah... theres so many intellectuals in the Marvel universe!

Excluding villains, I'd say these are the top five (order is debatable):
Reed Richards
Henry Pym
Bruce Banner
Tony Stark
Stephen Strange

1. Reed Richards
* Valeria Richards
2. Dr. Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Bruce Banner
5. Tony Stark
6. Hank McCoy
7. Amadeus Cho
8. T'Challa

KangConquers
08-18-2012, 01:07 PM
With the exception of Cho, the real question being asked is "Who are the most intelligent characters among Marvel's top 50 most famous." If you stick MODOK in the top 10, people stop caring.

It's like when people ask "Who are the strongest characters". Most characters like Thor or Hulk have villains who were created specifically with the purpose of being more powerful than them, but when people ask "Who's the strongest?" They don't want Kurse the Dark Elf as an answer.

TheCorpulent1
08-21-2012, 11:37 AM
I do. :o

Anyway, people like the Surfer and Thanos always bugged me regarding this question. I don't know if I'd class the Surfer smarter by default simply because he knows how more advanced tech works; he grew up around that advanced tech in an advanced alien society. It'd be like saying we're inherently smarter than anyone from the Renaissance because we grew up with electricity. But I could never actually conceive of and build a toaster from scratch, even though I know what a toaster is and (roughly) how it works. Someone like, say, Leonardo Da Vinci, on the other hand, would probably have come up with incredible new technologies if he'd had the benefit of starting at a higher technological level to begin with. For all we know, the Surfer's of average intelligence for Zenn-Lavians and Reed Richards, if he'd been born on Zenn-La, would've made advances the Surfer could never dream of. So it's an uneven playing field in a lot of ways when we incorporate aliens and beings from other cultures into the equation.

Havok83
08-21-2012, 11:41 AM

1. Reed Richards
* Valeria Richards
2. Dr. Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Bruce Banner
5. Tony Stark
6. Hank McCoy
7. Amadeus Cho
8. T'ChallaI know Valeria is smart but is she really on par with Reed, smarter than all those other individuals?

TheCorpulent1
08-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Yep. Reed's admitted that she has the potential to be smarter than he is. She just hasn't had the time to learn as much.

KangConquers
08-21-2012, 02:53 PM
I do. :o

Anyway, people like the Surfer and Thanos always bugged me regarding this question. I don't know if I'd class the Surfer smarter by default simply because he knows how more advanced tech works; he grew up around that advanced tech in an advanced alien society. It'd be like saying we're inherently smarter than anyone from the Renaissance because we grew up with electricity. But I could never actually conceive of and build a toaster from scratch, even though I know what a toaster is and (roughly) how it works. Someone like, say, Leonardo Da Vinci, on the other hand, would probably have come up with incredible new technologies if he'd had the benefit of starting at a higher technological level to begin with. For all we know, the Surfer's of average intelligence for Zenn-Lavians and Reed Richards, if he'd been born on Zenn-La, would've made advances the Surfer could never dream of. So it's an uneven playing field in a lot of ways when we incorporate aliens and beings from other cultures into the equation.

It's tough to gauge the intelligence of those from more advanced societies. That's why I think it's best to keep this sort of list to Earth born (No Thanos, Silver Surfer), 21st Century (No Kang), non-mutate characters (no Leader or MODOK.)

Havok83
08-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Yep. Reed's admitted that she has the potential to be smarter than he is. She just hasn't had the time to learn as much.
Potential or is she actually smarter than him at the moment? Bc I mean she is still a kid and has room to grow but Im talking more about her current status. Also is she a mutant or something bc being that intelligent at such a young age, isnt normal even for the most top child geniuses out there

BoredGuy
08-21-2012, 03:36 PM
I'd imagine she has a higher IQ than Reed, but lacks the knowledge he has

Also, where would young X-man Prodigy rank?
Didn't he have super smarts, but lost his powers and kept all his knowledge, or something like that? I imagine that would make him pretty damn smart, being around so many other super-geniuses

TheCorpulent1
08-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure she's a mutant like Franklin, yes. I don't know exactly how she and Reed stack up. She may very well already be smarter than he is, but he still manages to outsmart her on some things. He saw the morally ambiguous plans she had unfolding and managed to stop her from carrying them out, for one thing. So I don't know. It seems to shift as the story requires.

Havok83
08-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd imagine she has a higher IQ than Reed, but lacks the knowledge he has

Also, where would young X-man Prodigy rank?
Didn't he have super smarts, but lost his powers and kept all his knowledge, or something like that? I imagine that would make him pretty damn smart, being around so many other super-geniuses
Its a shame he is never used bc even though he's lost his powers he has all that knowledge and skills. A super smart human with numerous fighting styles under his belt could make him a pretty effective X-men. I just wish after New X-men, other writers had actually utlized him and emphasized that instead of throwing him in the background

As far as how does he rank, I wouldnt put him up there with the rest of the guys. He has that knowledge bc he mimiced it. Its one thing to regurgitate facts, but to actually think critically and process that info is another thing. I dont think he necesarily understands everything he knows

The Englishman
08-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Where does Brian Braddock rank, he's a Scientist/Inventor?

TheCorpulent1
08-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Probably not in the top 10 or even 20. A lot of characters are scientists that just haven't really distinguished themselves in any comparable way to the likes of Reed "I come up with 13 patents before breakfast" Richards. The Black Knight's also an accomplished scientist, yet he's never actually done a demonstrably amazing super-sciencey thing, so he's probably not in any smartest lists either.