PDA

View Full Version : Non-GL cameos that you'd like to see

Drakon
05-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Pretty self explanatory.

Me, for Hal, I'd like to see some mention of Ollie.

SsM
05-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Pretty self explanatory.

Me, for Hal, I'd like to see some mention of Ollie.

Barry.

protocida
05-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd like to see Hal getting into a bar fight with John Stewart, like "Secret Origins".

GreenKToo
05-04-2009, 11:20 AM
C.k.

Mister J
05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Clark.

protocida
05-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I think Clark's cameo is kinda inviable right now.

Webhead2006
05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Yea as much as i would love to see the clark kent cameo stay its likely going to get cut. Or if they want to keep it jsut dont show clark at all. Like how i mentioned either we see clark's empty desk and the ring just missed him, or we see him sitting at his desk reading the planet but we cant see who it is and only know its him with his name plate on the desk.

protocida
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Maybe. But I think it'll get cut. Clark was also going to be in Batman Begins, but they cut him down because they hadn't found the actor that would play him in Superman Returns (Tom Welling was rumored to play it).

Webhead2006
05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Yea the safest bet would be to just cut the scene. Unless by the time they plan to do the scene end of the year early next yr things are more up with superman. But it doesnt really look to be that for supes and supes will likely not be seen on the big screen again my guess between 2013-2015 range. It would be bad to go and use routh and try and connect supes to gl but then they decide not go to with him for the next supes film if they decide to go all fresh take.

protocida
05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I believe they'll focus on Wonder-Woman, Flash and Batman after they finish Green Lantern.

Webhead2006
05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
more likely reports have said superman isnt a top prority right now since they dont know what to do with the character, full on reboot, sequel, routhboot(i still dont see that being a good option there). i do hope flash will be lucky one next, ww has a tougher time since alot of studios dont think female lead action films are any good.

protocida
05-04-2009, 01:36 PM
They're probabily giving time for the Reboot to be accepted, like they did with the Hulk/The Incredible Hulk situation.

GreenKToo
05-04-2009, 02:00 PM
If W.B. can get their act togeather with Supes maybe we'll see a Routh as Clark cameo. I'm not holding my breath tho.

Changeling
05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Barry and Ollie definitely.

protocida
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
But how?

Changeling
05-04-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see some sort of reference to Ollie with maybe like Queen's company being like mentioned or maybe we see like the company name in a newspaper or something.
For Barry, I dunno, probably just some reference to Barry as a forensic scientist

SsM
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
C'mon.. No one else wants Barry?

ironman29758
05-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Ollie/GA and Black Canary or Queen Industries
Barry/The Flash
Sinestro or any green lantern mentioning how the martian are killed and so are their manhunter covenant and how important it was
Alan Scott, Diana Prince, The Batman/Bruce Wayne, c.k./Superman,John Stewart, Guy Gardner and/or Kyle Rayner when the ring is searching for the host

Blackman
05-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Clark Kent
Wally West
Guy Gardener
John Stewart

SsM
05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Wally West wouldn't fit.

Dev
05-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm shocked no one said Bruce Wayne. It would be cool to see him appear like a sponsor of some jet airline or show.

SsM
05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I'd like to see some sort of reference to Ollie with maybe like Queen's company being like mentioned or maybe we see like the company name in a newspaper or something.
For Barry, I dunno, probably just some reference to Barry as a forensic scientist

That would work.. I don't know how they could pull it off in the story but if they could do it right I would love to see a Barry cameo.

protocida
05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
The movie can't be overpopulated with cameos. John, Guy, Ollie and Barry (Maybe Clark) sounds good to me.

John could appear like in "Secret Origins". He and his marine friends get in a bar fight with Hal and his pilot friends.

Guy could appear as a football coach for the Wolverines (Got it? :cwink:). During a game, the ring passes by him.

Ollie can appear trough a comentary about Queen Industries made by Carol in a business meeting.

Barry's a tough one. Maybe a radio station reporting that a Central City police forensic scientist was hit by a lightning during a storm?

Lobo
05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I just want to see a Clark cameo. This threads title says NON-gl cameos, so mentioning John and Guy shouldn't apply. A mention of Queen Industries would be cool. I don't even want to see Barry in a Flash movie :o

Dev
05-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Well they shouldn't show any characters thats for sure because if there were to be a movie on one of the cameo characters in GL it would totally contradict the character's appearance in GL just like the Wolverine movie contradicting alot of stuff from the X-Men movies.

SsM
05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I just want to see a Clark cameo. This threads title says NON-gl cameos, so mentioning John and Guy shouldn't apply. A mention of Queen Industries would be cool. I don't even want to see Barry in a Flash movie :o

**cries**

Lobo
05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
**cries**

Sorry :csad:. he just never interested me. I always was much more of a fan of Wally and Jay. And Bart as Impulse/Kid Flash not a fan of his tenure as Flash, though.

Dev
05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Btw, Weren't you a mod?

protocida
05-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Well they shouldn't show any characters thats for sure because if there were to be a movie on one of the cameo characters in GL it would totally contradict the character's appearance in GL just like the Wolverine movie contradicting alot of stuff from the X-Men movies.
Not necessarily. A Queen Industries reference, by example, wouldn't contradict a Green Arrow movie in anything, doesn't matter how they do it.

Lobo
05-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Btw, Weren't you a mod?

Yes, but I retired.

SsM
05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Sorry :csad:. he just never interested me. I always was much more of a fan of Wally and Jay. And Bart as Impulse/Kid Flash not a fan of his tenure as Flash, though.

I agree, I prefer Wally but I liked when Barry and Hal teamed up.

protocida
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Me too. Barry should be the movie Flash.

Dev
05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
^Nah I prefer wally and I'm sure more than half of the hype would back me up on that.

protocida
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
And the other half would back me up.

Dev
05-04-2009, 07:22 PM
^Actually my bad I meant 3/4 of the hype would back me up on that. So that leaves you with 1/4 backing you up. :D

Blackman
05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I just want to see a Clark cameo. A mention of Queen Industries would be cool. I don't even want to see Barry in a Flash movie :o
*slow clap*
Yes...:up: Lobo know how it should be done

^Actually my bad I meant 3/4 of the hype would back me up on that. So that leaves you with 1/4 backing you up.
I got your back

protocida
05-04-2009, 07:31 PM
^Actually my bad I meant 3/4 of the hype would back me up on that. So that leaves you with 1/4 backing you up. :D
It's 5/10 for me and 50/10 for you!

Dev
05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
^Sorry I don't like sharing.

protocida
05-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Then...

NO SUPPORT FOR YOU!

Dev
05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I say let's make a thread with a poll in the community forum and find out who wants which version of flash in a movie. That'll settle it.

protocida
05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Haven't that been done?

Dev
05-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I dunno. You're the senior member. You should know.

protocida
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, it kinda did.

Dev
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Link?

Blackman
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=288203

and guess who's winning. ALso if you go to the Flash comics thread alot of ppl want Wally to. Most places Wally is winning, if you look around the net

Dev
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Well I would hate to tell protocida I told him so but........

protocida
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Don't go too much for polls in this subject. It's more 50/50 that you might think of.

Blackman
05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I bet if Barry was winning the poll than you would go for polls in this subject lol

protocida
05-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Obviously. I'm a fanboy, man.

greenlantern248
05-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Well sorry to say this Proto, your cool and all and you and I agree on a lot of stuff in these threads, but I have to take Dev's side on this one, I want Wally for a Flash movie. I think Wally is a lot faster than Barry, and can do a lot more than just run.

protocida
05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I feel backstabed. :csad:

Webhead2006
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Yea it would be sweet for wayne industries/queen industries getting a mention in a paper or we see a company logo on something.

As for the flash deal if he does get to be a movie next after gl(i really hope he will) i say it would be better to start off with barry since he has the easier origin and then you can build up he legacy of him so then later they can do wally. And since gl gets to start with hal flash should have the same deal.

protocida
05-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Here are my ideas:

Ollie: In the business meeting with Robert Hammond, Carol says they get most of their funds from closed companies, "like Queen Industries".

Barry: In Nathan's birthday party, there's a TV program talking about a crime prevented in Central City by the quick thinking of a young police forensic scientist.

Blackman
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Yea it would be sweet for wayne industries/queen industries getting a mention in a paper or we see a company logo on something.

As for the flash deal if he does get to be a movie next after gl(i really hope he will) i say it would be better to start off with barry since he has the easier origin and then you can build up he legacy of him so then later they can do wally. And since gl gets to start with hal flash should have the same deal.
lol thats why I dont want Barry. With Wally you can get more than just a standard origin story. You can get something much better. If I were in charge I would ahve it start like a week after Barry's death and have Wally putting on the official Flash costume for the first time. Basically Flash: Born to Run

but a back OT: DC/WB has the opportunity to set up a superhero world that Marvel can make (due their characters being owned by a multitude of studios). I hope they use this ability to its full potential

greenlantern248
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I feel backstabed. :csad:

Sorry dude, I have just always been a Wally fan.

Now to comment on the topic I would like see a cameo from Ollie and Jonn Jonzz.
Now I would like to see Jonn in a similar role as Nick Fury in Iron Man, show up at the end recruiting (that's if they even want to do a JLA movie)

Drakon
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
The movie can't be overpopulated with cameos. John, Guy, Ollie and Barry (Maybe Clark) sounds good to me.

John could appear like in "Secret Origins". He and his marine friends get in a bar fight with Hal and his pilot friends.

Guy could appear as a football coach for the Wolverines (Got it? :cwink:). During a game, the ring passes by him.

Ollie can appear trough a comentary about Queen Industries made by Carol in a business meeting.

Barry's a tough one. Maybe a radio station reporting that a Central City police forensic scientist was hit by a lightning during a storm?

I'd like to see Hal getting into a bar fight with John Stewart, like "Secret Origins".

;)

Not that your ideas are bad, just...y'know.

That said, I also think that a mention of Bruce could be cool.

protocida
05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah, yeah...

ironman29758
05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Barry feels better. I mean would they be confused about how Barry, who's barry, and what/feel no emotion about what happened to Barry. Plus Barry is now the main Flash, and most Flash in media is based on Barry(the batman's flash real name was confimed to be Barry, Superman Tas/JL/JLU's flash/wally was based on Barry, the live action Flash was Barry) so Barry would be a better Flash for the movie. But I think we just need to get back on subject on what non GL character in the GL movie and not who should be the Flash in the Flash movie

GreenKToo
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
About the Flash film(s) I'd like to see it start out with Jay Garrick in WW II, then progress till you have Barry in the 80's or 90's, then finally Wally in the here and now. make it a two parter.

Back on topic here. Cameos in G.L. I'd like C.K. and Bruce Wayne.

dnno1
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Niel Addams
Kevin Smith
Bill Finger
Martin Nordell
Mike Grell

protocida
05-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I can see Ferris Aircraft contribuitors called Mike Grell, from Nordell's lmtd, and Neal Adams, from Finger Industries.

Saint
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
No non-GL cameos. I'm not interested in any diverted attention. Obviously, not all cameos have to be like this, but the Tony Stark scene in Hulk really annoyed the crap out of me. It was a fine scene and all, but they really screwed up by making it the final scene before the credits. The last moments of film were spent selling Tony Stark, not Bruce Banner, and that was a serious error. The final scene of the film should have been Bruce meditating and beginning the transformation into the Hulk at will.

Blackman
05-05-2009, 06:42 PM
No non-GL cameos. I'm not interested in any diverted attention. Obviously, not all cameos have to be like this, but the Tony Stark scene in Hulk really annoyed the crap out of me. It was a fine scene and all, but they really screwed up by making it the final scene before the credits. The last moments of film were spent selling Tony Stark, not Bruce Banner, and that was a serious error. The final scene of the film should have been Bruce meditating and beginning the transformation into the Hulk at will.
The whole way they handled TIH in general was very iffy. It was a good movie but they almost effed it up.
ANd I agree the Tony Stark scene should have been after the credits (since thats the new thing anyways)

But I would love some non GL cameos. WB needs to set up a "superhero world"

protocida
05-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Tony Stark's scene in The Incredible Hulk was going to be after the credits, but they changed because several people didn't waited and missed the Nick Fury scene in Iron Man.

Saint
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
It didn't need to be after the credits; they could have just put it before the scene with Bruce in the cabin. Either way, it was more important to end the film selling Bruce Banner than it was for people to see a nod to the Avengers.

Blackman
05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
I could have sworn that the tony scene was right before the final Banner scene

Dark Knight
05-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Clark Kent played by Brandon Routh.

Maybe Barry Allen.....

protocida
05-05-2009, 07:07 PM
It isn't.

Dev
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Nah I wanna see CK played by Tom Welling. Routh is boring as superman.

protocida
05-05-2009, 07:24 PM
No Tom Welling! :down

Blackman
05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
^^^^:up:

Dev
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
No Tom Welling! :down

Well definitely no Routh thats for sure. :down Either Welling or get someone else recast as supes.

protocida
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Either Routh or someone else.

Blackman
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Either Routh or someone else.
QFT

Smallville and most of everything in it is just :down: i dont see why we should let Welling in

Dev
05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
^I think the same thing except its for Superman Returns. :funny:

Drakon
05-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Niel Addams
Kevin Smith
Bill Finger
Martin Nordell
Mike Grell

You want them as cameos, or mentions?

Dev
05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
^I have absolutely no idea who those names are.

protocida
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Smallville is quite good, actually, but it shouldn't get anywhere near DC movie franchises.

greenlantern248
05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Those names are creators and writers on Green Lantern in the past.

Martin Nordell is the brilliant man that created Alan Scott back in 1940

GregComicFan
05-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm shocked no one said Bruce Wayne. It would be cool to see him appear like a sponsor of some jet airline or show.

Agreed. Right now the Superman movies are NOT hot. Nobody talks about them and hardly anyone I know or my friends even remembers Superman Returns... I feel the Superman franchise is in the dumps right now.

If they really want GL to be given "special treatment" and be shown to be "as cool as other superheroes" giving Bruce Wayne a cameo would be a way of saying "GL is bada**. He knows Batman!!!"...

Iron Man (a hot property) showed up in Incredible Hulk (a not so hot property) and the movie theater I saw it in exploded with glee. If Christian Bale made a cameo the audience would riot. If Brandon Routh showed up... yeah not so much. At least that's what I think.

But, like Nolan, I agree his Batman should be KEPT OUT OF IT (out of Superman, out of JL, etc).

But if DC/WB is serious about one day bringing together all these characters for a JL movie, and making a DC movie universe (ala Marvel and their plans)... Batman is your guy. Whether Nolan/Bale likes it or not, Batman is the hottest character this side of Jesus Christ and HES THE GO-TO-GUY to introduce the OTHER superheroes.... Just like Iron Man was for Hulk. If they make a Wonder Woman movie, Flash movie, GL movie, Batman, if they're smart, is technically the character that would be the best choice to use as a cameo to tie them together. Plus it would make the most sense since Bruce has the financial ability/smarts/motivation-to-keep-them-in-check to figure out all their secret identities and be traveling the globe and having some role in all these heroes' lives.

But alas Nolan's franchise rightly should be kept separate. but still, the most common sense choice would be for Batman to tie this characters all together. Superman would be the second option, but still, Batman would be the best. Bruce is always in the spotlight. It's unlikely GL, WW, and Flash would know a dorky reporter named Clark Kent. But it's very likely they would run into a billionaire who has a world-wide corporation that deals with weapons manufacteuring and other stuff, who also happens to be Batman, who may not trust other "superpowered beings"

Dev
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
^Great post Greg. However, Wayne Enterprises doesn't make weapons, I think you're referring to Stark Industries.

dnno1
05-06-2009, 02:20 PM
You want them as cameos, or mentions?

Actually mentions, but I wouldn't mind if their pictures were shown somewhere.

Blackman
05-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Agreed. Right now the Superman movies are NOT hot. Nobody talks about them and hardly anyone I know or my friends even remembers Superman Returns... I feel the Superman franchise is in the dumps right now.

If they really want GL to be given "special treatment" and be shown to be "as cool as other superheroes" giving Bruce Wayne a cameo would be a way of saying "GL is bada**. He knows Batman!!!"...

Iron Man (a hot property) showed up in Incredible Hulk (a not so hot property) and the movie theater I saw it in exploded with glee. If Christian Bale made a cameo the audience would riot. If Brandon Routh showed up... yeah not so much. At least that's what I think.

But, like Nolan, I agree his Batman should be KEPT OUT OF IT (out of Superman, out of JL, etc).

But if DC/WB is serious about one day bringing together all these characters for a JL movie, and making a DC movie universe (ala Marvel and their plans)... Batman is your guy. Whether Nolan/Bale likes it or not, Batman is the hottest character this side of Jesus Christ and HES THE GO-TO-GUY to introduce the OTHER superheroes.... Just like Iron Man was for Hulk. If they make a Wonder Woman movie, Flash movie, GL movie, Batman, if they're smart, is technically the character that would be the best choice to use as a cameo to tie them together. Plus it would make the most sense since Bruce has the financial ability/smarts/motivation-to-keep-them-in-check to figure out all their secret identities and be traveling the globe and having some role in all these heroes' lives.

But alas Nolan's franchise rightly should be kept separate. but still, the most common sense choice would be for Batman to tie this characters all together. Superman would be the second option, but still, Batman would be the best. Bruce is always in the spotlight. It's unlikely GL, WW, and Flash would know a dorky reporter named Clark Kent. But it's very likely they would run into a billionaire who has a world-wide corporation that deals with weapons manufacteuring and other stuff, who also happens to be Batman, who may not trust other "superpowered beings"
really good post I completely co sign

GregComicFan
05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
^Great post Greg. However, Wayne Enterprises doesn't make weapons, I think you're referring to Stark Industries.

True, I was thinking of the 3-part Worlds Finest episode of BTAS where Batman and Lex Luthor went into business briefly to develop weapons. Just used that as an example.

JackIvyGB
05-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I think outside of the cameos of actual people, it'd be cool to see the ring zooming around and perhaps have some sort "HUD" view where we see the ring recognizing and evaluting certain people or places. Show it fly through Metropolis and see Clark's desk with a "Lunch Break" note on it, go through Gotham and see Wayne Tower, fly over the Island of Themyscira, all this stuff with just names of places and people popping up without having to show actors. Just acknowledge that others exist.

And screw the "BB/TDK is another universe!!1!" crap. I am all for realism and I love seeing it employed in superhero films. But to go as far as saying that they can't exist in each other's films is horribly stupid. Even if you didn't want to deliberately say GL knows Batman, mentioning Gotham and Wayne tower or showing any of the other stuff I mentioned won't take anyone out of the next Batman film wondering if GL will show up. It's like in Superman Returns. Just that one tiny split second scene with the news reporter mentioning that Superman was sighted in Gotham and I swear that 3/4 of the theatre I was in started whispering "holy crap, that's where Batman lives!" but it didn't affect SR or BB/TDK continuities, whether they were one in the same or not. The hints at other heroes existing/ people that will become heroes during the ring flyover should play out just like that. It doesn't have to be full out profile analysis pop-up-oh look it's Christian Bale/Batman/Bruce Wayne in GL movie.

/end rant.

I agree with GregComicFan's post :woot:

Drakon
05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I seem to remember in Batman Forever Bruce saying something like "The circus should be halfway to Metropolis by now"........

Take from that what you will...

Webhead2006
05-08-2009, 12:21 AM
yea it would be easier to just throw out names/mentions of people places then actually seeing it happen.

protocida
05-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Batman Forever and Batman and Robin had a plenty of references to Superman ("The Circus must be halfway to Metropolis", "That's why Superman works alone", etc).

Wesley Dodds
05-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I'd really prefer it if they didnt have ANY non-GL cameos at all. Almost every other superhero has had a movie franchise all to himself without having to tie into other things or be a springboard for something else. Now, it's Green Lanterns turn... At last, the technology has caught up. It's our time. Like Superman in the seventies or Batman in the eighties... Let us have it all to ourselves. Let the general audience finally get to see how fantastic Green Lantern is without anybody else getting in the way.

Webhead2006
05-17-2009, 07:52 PM
well i dont see any issues of maybe dc cities getting mentioned on the news or by a character in the film. We wouldnt need to see other characters like supes/bats-bruce/etc.....

Drakon
05-17-2009, 08:27 PM
I'd really prefer it if they didnt have ANY non-GL cameos at all. Almost every other superhero has had a movie franchise all to himself without having to tie into other things or be a springboard for something else. Now, it's Green Lanterns turn... At last, the technology has caught up. It's our time. Like Superman in the seventies or Batman in the eighties... Let us have it all to ourselves. Let the general audience finally get to see how fantastic Green Lantern is without anybody else getting in the way.

Well, "cameo" doesn't HAVE TO mean "Cameo"--it could be a nod, too.

cerealkiller182
05-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I dont think I want to see any non-GL cameo. Maybe Lobo, or some other space character.

Wesley Dodds
05-18-2009, 07:29 AM
I've got no problem with mentions of DC cities. That feels like a different thing than a cameo. And little "nods" are also okay. A good example of the sort of thing i dont want to see is the rumoured "Ring flies past Calrk Kent" scene.

I dont have words to describe how much i DONT want something like that in Green Lantern.

While we're at it, why not go the whole hog and do a post credits scene of Hal getting home only to be greeted by Bruce Wayne waiting in the darkness ,who turns around and says "You've just become part of a much bigger universe, mr. Jordan."

CLARKY
05-18-2009, 09:09 AM

Well I disagree with what you are saying I think there is a validity to your arguments, but I think giving a "special treatement" for a superhero movie is to treat the character alone and not spice things up by adding another superhero. "have you seen GL ? -Sure there is bruce wayne in it."
Especially since Bruce Wayne is not part of the GL universe (so to speak). Having a cameo of Barry Allen or Wally West or Oliver Queen. Yes. Bruce Wayne, no.
Furthermore, I'm against the fact of treating DC heroes like Marvel's : I think it diminishes the identity of a character to mix them together. And DC heroes do not work the same way Marvel's do. I think it is better to think things differently. It is nice to see hero crossing the line and visit other heroes movies, and I enjoy it, but I think that if they want to firmly establish GL they should not make cameo. And certainly not of Bruce Wayne.
and the way you put it, or the way I understand it, it is just a way to establish a JL movie as a batman JL. that is clearly what I do not want to see. I understand Nolan's vision of things, but on the contrary, it is because his batman has been built in his own world, that he should beincluded in the JL. and if there were a cameo someday, somewhere, of Bruce Wayne, I would like it to be C.Bale.

rogue trooper
05-18-2009, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't mind that supposed cameo by Clark Kent, and have Brandon Routh do it.

Webhead2006
05-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Well with the superman on film pretty much dead in the water its likely the superman cameo would be cut.

Blackman
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
or they would cleverly film the cameo like showing the ring pass by a name plate that says CLARK KENT while the guy behind the desk is turned around

cerealkiller182
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
But isnt part of the reason why Hal was picked was because he was the closest. Like if the ship crashlanded somewhere where the ring would have to pass through metrolpolis to get to Hal seems like dumb idea to me.

Webhead2006
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
yea that is what i said before if they dont have the whole superman thing settled yet, and they wanted to keep it in.

Webhead2006
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
well in the script didnt abrin(spelling) tell the ring to go find a worthy one. So it going around the world quickly couldnt really hurt much.

cerealkiller182
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
well in the script didnt abrin(spelling) tell the ring to go find a worthy one. So it going around the world quickly couldnt really hurt much.

The closest worthy one. Im sure theres more than one brave person on Earth. There was that retcon that said Guy Gardner was supposed to get it but Hal was closer (i think).

protocida
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't actually like Clark Kent's cameo. I rather have him replaced by John Stewart, and keep Guy Gardner's one.

Wesley Dodds
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Agreed.

Polux
05-18-2009, 06:19 PM
On the subject of Wayne/Baleīs cameos or any other, Iīd also rather have a mention of a city/person rather than actually showing them, I think it works better, as in Gotham being mentioned in Superman Returns and having a picture of a "bat-like creature" (by Jimmy Olsen) in one of the walls of the Planet...that works just fine :cwink:.

And on the subject of crossovers...ok, let me see...I dunno if I was the only one who read that interview or if I was the only one who actually understood what Nolan said, but he never said that his Batman is the only hero in that universe, he said, that Batman was the FIRST to show up in that universe, because Wayne came with the "crazy idea" of dressing up like a bat and start fighting crime all by himself, thus meaning, that that has never been done before, but it doesnīt mean it couldnīt happen afterwards.

He also said that teaming Batman up with other heros has worked wonderfully in other media, and it could work in movies too, if well handled.

Polux

Webhead2006
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Well actually i believe nolan said he doesnt want super powered heroes in his world. But bale was/is the one that is open to teamups/jl film and all that. But yea the idea of nolan's batman was the first hero in the DCU film verse could work out and other heroes come about because of him and superman.

Polux
05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
It would work just like it did in the DCAU :cwink:.

Polux

Lobo
05-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Well actually i believe nolan said he doesnt want super powered heroes in his world. But bale was/is the one that is open to teamups/jl film and all that. But yea the idea of nolan's batman was the first hero in the DCU film verse could work out and other heroes come about because of him and superman.

In my head, I like to believe that he became Batman during the 5 years Superman had disappeared in returns for the filmverse :)

Webhead2006
05-19-2009, 06:32 PM
it could work or you drop Sr from the modern dcu. Since we have no way of knowing what is going to happen with superman.

protocida
05-19-2009, 07:45 PM
In my head, I like to believe that he became Batman during the 5 years Superman had disappeared in returns for the filmverse :)
Mine too. But "Batman can't know other super-heroes". :csad:

regwec
05-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Adam Strange, Princess Koriand'r, possibly Lobo.

Pendragon
01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
The Clark Kent cameo could just be a short shot of the ring hovering outside Clark's office window. We see his nameplate on his desk and a radio or TV broadcast referring to Superman being on a mission in space or otherwise engaged in another part of the world. The ring must then move on to another candidate.

Pendragon
01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
The Clark Kent cameo could just be a short shot of the ring hovering outside Clark's office window. We see his nameplate on his desk and a radio or TV broadcast referring to Superman being on a mission in space or otherwise engaged in another part of the world. The ring must then move on to another candidate.

Nightwing 52
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Definitely Ollie for me.
Here are my ideas:

Ollie: In the business meeting with Robert Hammond, Carol says they get most of their funds from closed companies, "like Queen Industries".

Barry: In Nathan's birthday party, there's a TV program talking about a crime prevented in Central City by the quick thinking of a young police forensic scientist.
I like these ideas. :up:

Bren
01-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Just wondering about the suggested 'Clark cameo'; how does the ring find people that are worthy? Does it sense them?
In which case, it would be pointless showing it fly past his empty desk wouldn't it? Or does his worthiness rub off :cwink:.

although I doubt the cameo, I'd like it to be from the ring's point of view, flying straight at The Daily Planet building (easily recognised) when you see a blue and red blur shooting off to the side. The ring then stops (it can't catch Superman), and change direction and look for someone else (Hal)...

protocida
01-09-2010, 02:20 PM
It's just show Clark Kent's back with a name plate that reads "Clark Kent". The ring circles him, but stops, as it's noted that Clark Kent is not from Sector 2814, and flies off.

protocida
01-09-2010, 02:20 PM
It's just show Clark Kent's back with a name plate that reads "Clark Kent". The ring circles him, but stops, as it's noted that Clark Kent is not from Sector 2814, and flies off.

Bren
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM

Your explanation makes sense, but the reasoning doesn't (imo). Honestly, I think that once the GA (of which, superherohype asides I am one), find out what the ring was doing, they won't think, "disqualifed due to non-2814 sector resident", they'll just remember that the ring passed over Superman for Hal.

Of course, this may be a good thing for the character (Hal), but I'd rather leave it open-ended, in that we'll never know who the ring would have chosen had Clark stayed at his desk...

Also, is being of 2814 sector a requirement? Was Abin Sur's race based in Sector 2814 too (honest question, I don't know). Why would the Guardians set such a qualification?

Sub-Zero
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
the clark kent cameo would be great. it could also help in defining the dc movie universe and jla, much like marvel is doing with iron man and nick fury showing up in other movies for an eventual avengers movie.

Webhead2006
01-09-2010, 06:30 PM
i still say best to not have kent cameo at all and use some other dcu character or another gl related character in its place. or just make the guy cameo a bit bigger.

Webley
09-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Steve Trevor would make the best choice for a DCU character to be a cameo in a Green Lantern movie thay could be friends in the air force.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Also, is being of 2814 sector a requirement? Was Abin Sur's race based in Sector 2814 too (honest question, I don't know). Why would the Guardians set such a qualification?
Yes. Each Lantern has to be from the sector their protecting. That way, the Lantern will feel more obligated to protect their sector, because it contains his or her own home planet.

Sawyer
09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Thor. :oldrazz:

mat-chow
09-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I think it would be cool to see other places or faces in deep space. Rann, Thanagar, Apokolips, even a low flyby of the Martian plains with ruins would be awesome. You could do quick glimpses of any of the DC space characters and I would be happy.

BUT, I'll be more than happy with GL as is too. Anything more would just be sugar on top.

DCUmoviepage
09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Queen Industries,Wayne Enterprises,Kord Industries and Central-keystone City .I wanna see to Allan Scott,hopinng for bigger role in the sequels

DCUmoviepage
09-04-2010, 09:27 AM

Me too [2] But Nolan doent own DC.When Warner and Dc wanna put both together,or linked them,they will do,with or without Nolan approve

Roughneck
09-18-2010, 01:40 PM
For non GL Cameos I would like two things.

1.....just some recognizable alien species as GLs in the background.

2 and this is the most fitting character cameo I can think of for any movie ever......What are the Green Lanterns? space cops,....basically.....so anywhere on Oa....like being broght in or sitting in a cell somewhere there needs to be.....LOBO

DavidTyler
09-19-2010, 09:08 AM
:up:For non GL Cameos I would like two things.

1.....just some recognizable alien species as GLs in the background.

2 and this is the most fitting character cameo I can think of for any movie ever......What are the Green Lanterns? space cops,....basically.....so anywhere on Oa....like being broght in or sitting in a cell somewhere there needs to be.....LOBO

:up:

Aesop Rocks
09-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Jon Jonz, easily.

dnno1
09-19-2010, 09:29 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/dnno1/Green%20Lantern/SuperboyPrimeandRedSunEater.png

If you are into mega-Easter Eggs, then why don't they put a scene lik this in as part of a training mission.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Alright, now I wanna see Lobo.

DonnyLebeau
09-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Hawkgirl!!!

Kurosawa
10-08-2010, 02:16 AM
I know it wouldn't happen but I would love for Tomar-Re to have a cameo in the new Superman movie, as he was sent by the Guardians to evacuate Krypton but was delayed by a star going nova and got there just as the planet exploded.

Sinestro
11-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Lobo!

Lone
11-18-2010, 12:06 AM
I know it wouldn't happen but I would love for Tomar-Re to have a cameo in the new Superman movie, as he was sent by the Guardians to evacuate Krypton but was delayed by a star going nova and got there just as the planet exploded.

I'm hoping Tomar mentions this in passing to Hal on OA.