PDA

View Full Version : The Official 24 Day 8 Thread! (spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Matt
05-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Well, with day 7 in the books, lets talk day 8.

What we know so far.

- Shooting begins on May 27th

- Season 8 will premiere on January 17th to a two night, four hour premiere.

- Right now the CONFIRMED returning cast consists of:

* Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
* Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brien
* Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor
* Annie Wersching as Renee Walker
* Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer

- Carlos Bernard is rumored to have signed a contract for season 8, though Fox has yet to confirm this.

- Slumdog Millionaire's Anil Kapoor will join the cast as President Arman Hashemi, leader of an unnamed Middle Eastern country.

- Season 8 is set 6 weeks after season 7.

- Season 8 is set in New York City.

- CTU will be recommissioned.

- Confirmed CTU agents are "Brian Hastings," as the director. He is an "MBA type with razor sharp intellect." And he will be joined by "two young agents." None of these roles have been cast yet.

- According to Sutherland, "The finale of season 7 has a direct impact on everything that takes place in season 8."

Well, let the speculation begin :woot:

Pagrebo
05-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Well, with day 7 in the books, lets talk day 8.

What we know so far.

- Shooting begins on May 27th

- Season 8 will premiere on January 17th to a two night, four hour premiere.

- Right now the CONFIRMED returning cast consists of:

* Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
* Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brien
* Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor
* Annie Wersching as Renee Walker
* Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer

- Carlos Bernard is rumored to have signed a contract for season 8, though Fox has yet to confirm this.

- Slumdog Millionaire's Anil Kapoor will join the cast as President Arman Hashemi, leader of an unnamed Middle Eastern country.

- Season 8 is set 6 weeks after season 7.

- Season 8 is set in New York City.

- CTU will be recommissioned.

- Confirmed CTU agents are "Brian Hastings," as the director. He is an "MBA type with razor sharp intellect." And he will be joined by "two young agents." None of these roles have been cast yet.

- According to Sutherland, "The finale of season 7 has a direct impact on everything that takes place in season 8."

Well, let the speculation begin :woot:

Matt... you are a very sick mind for starting this so soon.... but... since you ask, here's a few questions of my own...

Well, the finale of Season 7 leaves us with:

- Kim undergoing the marrow transplant to save Jack. We know Jack lives, but does Kim survive or is she in a coma?
- President Taylor was asking Ethan to take the lead in the transfer of Alan from FBI, but what does Renee end up doing to Alan before the transfer takes place?
- What happens to Taylor's marriage? Her daughter?
- What happens to Tony? Alan? The rest of the "mystery group"?
- How does this all tie in to the Middle Eastern President?

Matt
05-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Matt... you are a very sick mind for starting this so soon.... but... since you ask, here's a few questions of my own...

Well, the finale of Season 7 leaves us with:

- Kim undergoing the marrow transplant to save Jack. We know Jack lives, but does Kim survive or is she in a coma?

Well, Cuthbert is confirmed for season 8, so its unlikely she dies or is in a coma.

- President Taylor was asking Ethan to take the lead in the transfer of Alan from FBI, but what does Renee end up doing to Alan before the transfer takes place?

I personally think that would've been the better ending scene than what we got as this season was very much more Renee's story than Jack's and it fit better thematically as an ending and I really look forward to finding out what she did.

- What happens to Taylor's marriage? Her daughter?

Time will tell. Taylor seems convinced that they are both gone.

- What happens to Tony? Alan? The rest of the "mystery group"?

Tony and Alan are in custody. As for the rest, time will tell.

- How does this all tie in to the Middle Eastern President?

That is the million dollar question. Here is an out of left field guess. Perhaps Jack works for him. If he is a Middle Eastern president odds are he is Muslim. Jack seems to have been converted or at least took comfort in Muslim teachings. Perhaps Bug knew the President and got him the job. Jack has served as an advisor to the Secretary of Defense, its not impossible that Jack could work for this man as an advisor or a guard.

Marx
05-19-2009, 12:43 AM
*subscribes*

JP
05-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Ugh, next season needs more Chloe. This season was SEVERELY lacking in the Cloe department.

souvlaki
05-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Well, Cuthbert is confirmed for season 8, so its unlikely she dies or is in a coma.

Is she signed for the entire season, or just as a guest star like this season? Maybe she will take a job at CTU.

Sam Fisher
05-19-2009, 01:36 AM
*subscribes also*

The Apocalypse
05-19-2009, 01:43 AM
*subscribes also*

Indeed.

Also, are they actually filming in NYC? If so I'd love to go and try and watch them film.

stillanerd
05-19-2009, 01:44 AM
I have a feeling that, it's going to be one of those scenarios in which, Jack Bauer wakes up from his coma, finding that several months have passed. I imagine that Kim will have survived, but, the stem cell transplants have made her paralyzed or some such. Anyways, I'm sure it allows for Jack to meet his son-in-law and his granddaughter (and how much you want to bet her name is Teri?).

I also have this feeling that President Taylor and Kanin will end up having an affair, given the estrangement that now exists between her and the First Gentlemen. Maybe they could even be in the middle of divorce proceedings by the time season 8 starts.

Also, there's a possibility that Renee is transferred to the New York FBI office, having been demoted and reprimanded because of her actions in using "enhanced interrogation techniques" on Wilson. Of course, that's where the next big terrorist attack will be and, I imagine, learning that Jack Bauer is still alive, she requests he be brought in as a consultant.

One twist for these terrorist attacks could be is that not only is doing this in an effort to have Tony Almeda freed--maybe the guys sponsored by this fictional Middle Eastern country--but also that these guys are targeting the members of the conspiracy, meaning that Bauer and the Feds have to deal with two terrorist groups essentially at war with each other, with America in the crossfire.

souvlaki
05-19-2009, 02:11 AM
I have a feeling that, it's going to be one of those scenarios in which, Jack Bauer wakes up from his coma, finding that several months have passed. I imagine that Kim will have survived, but, the stem cell transplants have made her paralyzed or some such. Anyways, I'm sure it allows for Jack to meet his son-in-law and his granddaughter (and how much you want to bet her name is Teri?).

Her name is Teri. They've mentioned her by name a couple times this season. :cwink:

cyborg ninja 14
05-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Jack Bauer in Times Square ala Vanilla Sky:up:

rdh007
05-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm thinking that Renee won't actually kill Wilson, but will torture him because, let's face it, he deserves it. Then he'll escape to be the main villain, I hope because, as I said in the other thread; Will Patton is win.

If it takes place in New York, it's logical that Renee and Jack are both working for a new CTU office located there.

Also, I'm not sure Chief of Staff Shawshank hasn't already hit that. If not, he will.

Dr. Evil
05-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Shooting begins in a few weeks....does Kiefer's legal issues affect this?

rdh007
05-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Shooting begins in a few weeks....does Kiefer's legal issues affect this?
There will be a dramatic last minute intervention by the FBI where he...nevermind.

SsM
05-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Damn, I already made a day 8 thread :(

ChrisBaleBatman
05-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I want Tony back.

he's too cool to stay on the sidelines.

Marx
05-19-2009, 12:36 PM
I want Tony back.

he's too cool to stay on the sidelines.

I think Tony's days are done. I would be surprised to see him back.

ChrisBaleBatman
05-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I would have thought the same before this season.

He died and came back to life...so, I wouldn't hold it past Tony to somehow become a player in Day 8.

Hell, Jack is in worse shape really.

Marx
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
I would have thought the same before this season.

He died and came back to life...so, I wouldn't hold it past Tony to somehow become a player in Day 8.

Hell, Jack is in worse shape really.

Tony will likely be in prison under very heavy guard.

Dr. Evil
05-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I get this feeling that:

Alan isn't the mastermind behind the attacks. Someone else is. I don't know why I feel that though.

ChrisBaleBatman
05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
They might need his help.

Hell, he might get a Presidential pardon if Taylor feels like it. Seems like she was handing those out like flyers this season. lol.

Dr Lee
05-19-2009, 01:09 PM
to repeat whats been said a couple of times.....

*Subscribes*

Mister J
05-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm subscribing too, but I want to say something different...

DAMMIT!

:D

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2009, 03:02 PM
here's a prediction: thanks to his near death conversation with the dude from the mosque, everyone's favorite counter terrorist operative will convert to Islam before the start of next season. Coming next January: Day 8 starring Kiefer Sutherland as Jackbar al Bauer.

souvlaki
05-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Tony will likely be in prison under very heavy guard.

In the 24 universe prison doesn't really mean a whole lot. Nina, Henderson, Salazar, Marwan, hell, even Tony has been in prison under heavy guard at some point. Even with him in prison I think it's pretty obvious Tony will have a pretty important role next season. If he wasn't going to they would have killed him off. Keeping him alive leaves the door wide open for him to return next season.

Marx
05-19-2009, 06:20 PM
In the 24 universe prison doesn't really mean a whole lot. Nina, Henderson, Salazar, Marwan, hell, even Tony has been in prison under heavy guard at some point. Even with him in prison I think it's pretty obvious Tony will have a pretty important role next season. If he wasn't going to they would have killed him off. Keeping him alive leaves the door wide open for him to return next season.

I'm very well aware of what prison means to 24, I just don't know where Tony can go from here. He used (shady female partner, can't remember name) to get to Wilson. Killed (shady female partner) in front of Wilson. Beat the crap out of Wilson, got taken away before he could kill Wilson.

Tony has no idea who all is involved in the conspiracy because Wilson remained strictly anonymous. Tony could care less about anyone but this guy.

So where does his story go?

souvlaki
05-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm very well aware of what prison means to 24, I just don't know where Tony can go from here. He used (shady female partner, can't remember name) to get to Wilson. Killed (shady female partner) in front of Wilson. Beat the crap out of Wilson, got taken away before he could kill Wilson.

Tony has no idea who all is involved in the conspiracy because Wilson remained strictly anonymous. Tony could care less about anyone but this guy.

So where does his story go?

There is still the rest of the bluetooth gang. Something tells me this guy isn't the only one responsible for what happened in season 5. I just really don't think this is the end of Tony. Like I said, in the 24 universe they'd sooner kill off a character then just drop their storyline if there is nowhere else to go with the character. Tony is arguably the second most important person in the series history, they would have killed him off if they didn't intend to use him next season.

SsM
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
He's also arguably the fan favorite of the series... SO you have to give him that as well.

Marx
05-19-2009, 06:54 PM
He's also arguably the fan favorite of the series... SO you have to give him that as well.

His heel turn turned alot of people off though...Sutherland and Bernard themselves have said that.

Dark Helmet
05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
I posted this in the other thread which are my thoughts in regards to Tony

I do not think Jack cheated Tony out of revenge. If anything he was saving Tony. Sure Jack did & covered up & got away with alot of stuff but look at where that got him. His wife died & his relationship with his daughter went to the ****ters & Jack is to this day full of guilt & regret. Not even his own country trusted him up until now now that they understand the Jack Bauer way. If Tony became a revenge driven man he would have made Jack seem like the ultimate good guy. Like say if Michelle died after Tony's son was born & lived Tony & his son's relationship would be Jack & Kim 2.0. In the end Jack did Tony a favor & hopefully one day Tony can forgive Jack & hopefully Jack does not give up on Tony so easily. They have to much of a history for Jack to say **** you Tony. Hopefully Jack can make some kind of deal with President Taylor & he can somehow help Tony move on from this

rdh007
05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Taylor just sold her only remaining child up the river. Tony ain't getting help from her.

KALEL114
05-20-2009, 03:39 PM
24' exclusive: Hail to the (new) chief!

According to my watch, it's time for the second piece of casting on 24's eighth season!

Chris Diamantopoulos -- best known as Debra Messing's gay BFF on The Starter Wife -- has been tapped to play the series regular role of Rob Weiss, the argumentative and tough new Chief of Staff to President Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones). He replaces Taylor's current C.O.S., Ethan Kanin, who snatched his job back in last Monday's finale after the prez's psycho daughter, Olivia, was taken into federal custody.

As I previously reported, Day 8's action will switch from Washington D.C. to New York City and center on an assassination plot against a visiting foreign leader (Slumdog Millionaire's Anil Kapoor, the new season's first piece of casting).

Bonus piece of trivia free of charge: Diamantopoulos is married to Ugly Betty's sublime Becki Newton. On second thought, that little nugget is worth at least $50. Pay up.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/24-exclusive-ha.html

Marx
05-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Interesting. I wonder why Kanin will no longer be Chief of Staff...

Matt
05-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Wait, so Kanin is out in a matter of six weeks? I want Ethan back :csad:

KALEL114
05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
IDK, but I hope it isn't due to the money crunch the industry his facing.

Matt
05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Interesting. I wonder why Kanin will no longer be Chief of Staff...

It seems very odd to end things the way they did and then replace Ethan. I'm sure he simply has a different role in the story.

KALEL114
05-20-2009, 03:43 PM
It seems very odd to end things the way they did and then replace Ethan. I'm sure he simply has a different role in the story.

The First Gentleman.:o

At least I got that vibe between the two.

Mister J
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
More Chief of Staff Shawshank!

Marx
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Maybe Olivia pays someone to off him too! :ninja:

...probably not.

Matt
05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
The First Gentleman.:o

At least I got that vibe between the two.

But only six weeks will have passed. Not quite enough time for the Henry and Allison to split up and for her to remarry Kanin. Unless of course they decided against the six weeks in re-writes.

Deaths Head II
05-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I hope Ethan comes back as well. It would be lame to have him leave after the season finale hinted his relationship with Taylor is more important then ever.

rdh007
05-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Six weeks is enough time to have the first gentlemen threaten her with exposing her pre-Presidency affair with Kanin and get his daughter back out of jail. It's also enough time for her and Kanin to hit it and have it get exposed, etc.

Heisenberg
05-21-2009, 06:19 AM
January seems so far away.

I hope Jack, at some point in the next season, returns to full form as far as physical fitness goes. Don't get me wrong, I liked that Jack had to deal with the illness this season, and don't want him to get better miraculously for next season, but substituting Jack's ability in the field to aid the drama aspect of the show, in some ways, diminished it. I think the end of the season was perfectly fitting, in terms of how Jack's functionality degraded, but I just hope he's back to kicking ass by at least 1/2 way through next season, because the usual Bauer bad-assery was lacking for the final 1/3 of season 7.

Kingfish
05-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Seems really odd to have a new chief of staff already, especially with the way the season ended for Ethan...

...unless he's in charge of the recommissioned CTU. For some reason.

Dr. Evil
05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
So the foreign leader is going to be played by Slumdog's Anil Kapoor. That makes three people who are in the movie trying to make a splash in America.

Bob Gunton, who plays Ethan played FDR in a PBS Documentary on Joseph Stalin and his involvement in World War II. That one aired last night and had been running the last several weeks. He did a great job playing FDR and had his mannerisms down to perfection.

ChrisBaleBatman
05-22-2009, 09:27 AM
I'd like to see what's going to happen on Day 8, now.

Atleast action wise, since when Jack got exposed...the anti-hero carrying most if not all the action was Tony. And it worked, I think, mostly because he's a badass.

With Tony in prison...I'd imagine for as long as Jack might be in bad shape, Tony won't be able to carry the action. I suppose Renee might be able to carry some of the weight for a while, perhaps.

Writing wise...pacing wise, creatively...I'm eager to see where they go with it.

GhostPoet
05-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Yay! Glad to see Chloe will be in the next "day"!

Dr. Evil
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Kiefer settles dispute with fashion designer:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/ap_en_ce/us_people_sutherland;_ylt=ArDqlu38OPcbP6jY8NIOtUtx Fb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTJsMDU2Zm5jBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwNTIy L3VzX3Blb3BsZV9zdXRoZXJsYW5kBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMgRzZW MDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNraWVmZXJzdXRoZXI-

Matt
05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Kiefer settles dispute with fashion designer:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/ap_en_ce/us_people_sutherland;_ylt=ArDqlu38OPcbP6jY8NIOtUtx Fb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTJsMDU2Zm5jBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwNTIy L3VzX3Blb3BsZV9zdXRoZXJsYW5kBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMgRzZW MDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNraWVmZXJzdXRoZXI-

No charges means 24 will be clear to film. Thank goodness :up:

Matt
05-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Yay! Glad to see Chloe will be in the next "day"!

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see Chloe die. Blasphemy, I know...but the fun of 24 is that really no one is safe, ever. Chloe has crossed that line and I feel like she is never truly at risk. Killing her off would be like the back to back assassinations of Palmer and Michelle or Teri's death. It would completely take me out of my comfort zone.

Matt
05-25-2009, 02:57 PM
So, lets talk villains. Each season usually has a high profile actor play the villain (the exception being season 3).

Season 1 had Dennis Hopper, season 2 Tobin Bell, season 4 Arnold Vosloo, season 5 Peter Weller and Paul McCrane, season 6 had James Cromwell, and season 7 had perhaps the biggest actor to ever grace the show, Jon Voight. Who would you like to see next year? I'd like to see something a bit smaller. Maybe move away from the big conspiracy and focus on just a terrorist network. No more graybeards in suits sitting behind desks orchestrating mass conspiracies.

I think Oded Fehr would make a great antagonist for the show and would lead to a great physical show down with Jack. Michael Clarke Duncan has also expressed interest in being on the show. That could be interesting.

SsM
05-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Tobin Bell and Arnold Vosloo are high profile?

Was Season 2 of 24 before or after Bell became Jigsaw?

The Chris
05-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Before. Plot sounds a little like season 1. I like it.

SsM
05-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I like Oded Fehr as good guy...

Kingfish
05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Tobin Bell and Arnold Vosloo are high profile?

They're about as high profile as Paul Blackthorne if that means anything...

Oded Fehr would make a great good guy. I couldn't see MCD in the show. Now if you want a great villain, Michael Biehn comes to mind.

SsM
05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
They're about as high profile as Paul Blackthorne if that means anything...

Oded Fehr would make a great good guy. I couldn't see MCD in the show. Now if you want a great villain, Michael Biehn comes to mind.

I liked him in the wizard show, I forget the name.

Michael Biehn would make a Badass good/bad guy!

Keep Oded Fehr on the good side, he was in an episode of Burn Notice(or some USA show) As an antagonist and I just didn't like it much.

Matt
05-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow, so much Oded Fehr love. I'd love to see him stretch his legs and play a truly sadistic villain. Never-the-less, we have the president of a middle eastern country in play next season. Maybe they should cast Fehr as his body guard or something. That way he could work with Jack, not against him. I do love the idea of Biehn as a villain.

Still, this could very well be the end of 24. Maybe we should be thinking bigger. Its too bad he is going to be so busy with Potter, because imagine a season of 24 with Alan Rickman as the villain. Plus, it seems like a role Rickman, who has never been snobbish would take.

SsM
05-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Hans... Baby! I'm your white Knight!

Shifty
05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Indeed.

Also, are they actually filming in NYC? If so I'd love to go and try and watch them film.

They will mainly film in LA but will fly to NYC for exteriors/landmarks just like they did with this season, filming in LA/DC.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see Chloe die. Blasphemy, I know...but the fun of 24 is that really no one is safe, ever. Chloe has crossed that line and I feel like she is never truly at risk. Killing her off would be like the back to back assassinations of Palmer and Michelle or Teri's death. It would completely take me out of my comfort zone.

I'd like to see Kim die. What would that do to Jack?

Hans... Baby! I'm your white Knight!

Gary Oldman was rumoured for this season back before the writer's strike but schedules didn't work. He's a fan of the show and would've went back to being a villain. He disappears into roles, he would be perfect.

ChrisBaleBatman
05-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Oldman would rock. He'd make for a great psychotic villian.

Shifty
05-26-2009, 02:00 PM
The short gap has been scrapped. They are looking for a young girl to play Terri Bauer and then this article mentions another gap.

A 24 Sneak Peek!
By William Keck May 13, 2009 02:48 PM EST

A week after Kiefer Sutherland landed in hot water for head-butting a fashion designer in New York City on May 5, the star turned up in L.A. to help promote 24’s seventh season DVD release and Sunday’s two-hour season finale. Reporters were asked not to ask the star about his arrest, allowing Sutherland to focus instead on his character, Jack Bauer.

Here’s what we know about the show’s eighth, and perhaps final season. A year-and-a-half to two years will have elapsed since the end of Season 7, with the action moving from the White House to the U.N. building in New York City. Cherry Jones is back as President Allison Taylor. “I don’t think they know quite what to do with me yet,” says Jones. “At first I heard they needed me for only a couple episodes, but I do seem now to have a little bit more to do.” Cherry says the new season will expand beyond an American threat to a global concern. “It has to deal more with the state of the world—not just the state of us,” she says.

"Slumdog Millionaire" star Anil Kapoor plays the head of a foreign country, which enters into a peace agreement with President Taylor, but assassins plan to bring Kapoor’s character down before the treaty can be signed. “It’s a call back to the very first season when the very charismatic president David Palmer has to be saved for the greater good,” teases executive producer Howard Gordon, who plans to shoot 7 to 10 days on the streets of New York City and construct U.N. sets in L.A. “The eighth day is the culmination of all Jack has had to do—good bad and otherwise. When he’s finally enlisted to help protect the peace, he’s preserving something that is very personal to him.”

Producers are undecided at this time if the president’s estranged husband and daughter will return. “Both family members are waiting to hear how they might be employed,” says Jones. But one person who will be back is Renee Walker. Annie Wershing says something from Renee’s past comes back to haunt her and directly involves her in the U.N. crisis.

President Taylor has reconstituted CTU, but the organization is now more budget-conscious. “There is a new head of CTU named Brian Hastings, who is extremely smart and very possessive,” says Gordon of the yet-to-be-cast role. “He’s a little blinded by his possessiveness.” This will lead to conflicts with both Jack and Chloe, who will find herself in danger of losing her job. “That’s going to be trouble for me,” says Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe). “She had a special place for Bill Buchanan, so I see some bashing heads with authority.”

Since head-bashing wasn’t a topic I could broach with Sutherland, I spoke to him instead about the possibility of a romance developing between Jack and Renee. Though Gordon confirms that the two characters will not have hooked up at the onset of Season 8, New York at night can be a very romantic setting, eh, Kiefer? “It can be,” says Kiefer, with a knowing chuckle. “It can be romantic...and it can be dangerous, but it’s always exciting.”

Heisenberg
05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Shame, i was looking forward to it being almost a direct continuation. Still, as long as the season/series comes to a good end, I'll be happy :up:

The Englishman
05-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Is there still plans for a movie and is it still planned to be set in London??

Heisenberg
05-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Westfeldt and Boyd Join Fox's 24 (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=55820)
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 27, 2009

The Hollywood Reporter says that Jennifer Westfeldt and John Boyd have joined the cast of Fox's "24."

On the upcoming eighth season, to be set in New York, Kissing Jessica Stein star Westfeldt will play the recurring role of Meredith Reed, an ambitious journalist with ties to Arman Hashemi (Anil Kapoor), a Middle East leader who comes to the U.S. on a peacemaking mission.

Boyd (The Notorious Bettie Page) will be a regular on the 20th TV/Imagine series, playing CTU systems analyst Jonah Schwartz.

Westfeldt and Boyd join previously-cast Kapoor and Chris Diamantopoulos as the "24" producers are filling nine major new roles for Season 8, slated to begin production today.

KALEL114
05-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Question: Got anything on 24? --Chris
Ausiello: Big casting scoop: Freddie Prinze Jr. has been tapped to play CTU's head of Field Ops. Thoughts?!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/ask-ausiello--3.html#more

Sam Fisher
05-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Question: Got anything on 24? --Chris
Ausiello: Big casting scoop: Freddie Prinze Jr. has been tapped to play CTU's head of Field Ops. Thoughts?!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/ask-ausiello--3.html#more

Umm....:dry:

Kingfish
05-28-2009, 01:01 AM
...I really hope that's a joke.

KALEL114
05-28-2009, 01:17 AM
I sincerely hope it is.

Sam Fisher
05-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Well, at least he won't have blonde hair...

Jspider13
05-28-2009, 01:25 AM
uh...

SsM
05-28-2009, 01:59 AM
I thought Jr. was filming No heroics...

Shifty
05-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Maybe he gets killed right away.

Kingfish
05-28-2009, 03:35 AM
These are the people that cast Ricky Schroder in basically the same role...

SsM
05-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I guess.. Shcroder was a class A Dick too..

Marx
05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't want Freddie Prinze Jr. anywhere near a set of 24.

:dry:

Jspider13
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
*24 casting call meeting*

"You know what 24 needs? That guy who played Fred in Scooby Doo."

Kaleb
05-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah I think he would make a great head of field ops for ctu.

Matt
05-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Wasn't the kid from Silver Spoons bad enough? :csad:

marvelman2006
05-28-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't want Freddie Prinze Jr. anywhere near a set of 24.

:dry:

unfortunately we have no say in this matter, hes been hired and i hope for ethier of the 2 options:

option A: jr. steps up his game and brings some great acting to the role and give us a memorable character.

option B: he sucks a big one and waste time and gets killed within the first 4 episodes.

i prefer option A, how cool would it be if we found out he was tony's brother and he somehow sprung tony.

Kaleb
05-28-2009, 04:46 PM
lol Im glad you bought that up , He actually grew on me towards the end .Sods law says that we will all start ripping into this casting decision now but when the show starts most of us will demand Freddie get his own spin off 24 show.

Marx
05-28-2009, 05:14 PM
unfortunately we have no say in this matter, hes been hired and i hope for ethier of the 2 options:

option A: jr. steps up his game and brings some great acting to the role and give us a memorable character.

option B: he sucks a big one and waste time and gets killed within the first 4 episodes.

i prefer option A, how cool would it be if we found out he was tony's brother and he somehow sprung tony.

I guess we'll see Marvel.

Kaleb
05-28-2009, 05:19 PM
We wouldnt be in this situation if they didnt kill Curtis :(

Dr. Evil
05-28-2009, 06:23 PM
We wouldnt be in this situation if they didnt kill Curtis :(

I wonder where Curtis would have fit in Season Seven?

Freddie Prinze Jr.?

This will probably last as long as his time as a member of the WWE creative team.

Bastila
05-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Just wacthed the final of season 7, and can not wait for this one, the way it ended!
Loving that ctu will be back for real!!

Kingfish
05-29-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-Mykelti-Williamson-1006456.aspx

CTU has a new boss man.

The Englishman
05-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Is there still plans for a movie and is it still planned to be set in London??
Well??......

Kingfish
05-31-2009, 08:05 PM
They're not talking about the movie until after the series is over.

cyborg ninja 14
05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm on board with everything about season 8 except for Freddie Prinz. I hope Jack kills him within the first hour.

Jake Cassidy
06-01-2009, 03:02 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-Mykelti-Williamson-1006456.aspx

CTU has a new boss man.

Cool :woot:

souvlaki
06-01-2009, 11:00 PM
They're not talking about the movie until after the series is over.

I thought the movie turned into Redemption... are they still planning a film after the series is over?

Kingfish
06-01-2009, 11:35 PM
I thought the movie turned into Redemption... are they still planning a film after the series is over?

Who knows? They're not discussing it until after the series is over.

Heisenberg
06-06-2009, 12:30 PM
24 Season 8 Filming
mVAy2FoMlE8

souvlaki
06-06-2009, 05:37 PM
24 Season 8 Filming
mVAy2FoMlE8

Couldn't really see anything but it looks like Jack is in good health. At least I think that was Jack.

SsM
06-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Couldn't really see anything but it looks like Jack is in good health. At least I think that was Jack.

If he had shades on, I saw him too....

Heisenberg
06-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Yeah, he looked to be back to full health :huh:

Kaleb
06-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Suddenly, I find myself counting the minutes until 24's new season. Perhaps this is why: Katee Sackhoff is joining the cast!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the Battlestar Galactica heroine has been tapped to play the series regular role of Dana Walsh, a highly respected and down-to-earth data analyst at the new and improved New York branch of CTU.

Translation: Chloe-Starbuck catfight alert!

This fraktastic casting coup hit a road block last week when Sackhoff abruptly took herself out of the running, prompting me to post this blind item. But late Friday, word surfaced that the BSG badass was once again in the mix.

more scoop on Sackhoff's character...

She's in a relationship with fellow agent Davis Cole (played by the just-cast Freddie Prinze. Jr.), and she apparently has a skeleton in her closet she's trying desperately to keep hidden.

As I previously reported, 24's eighth season -- which premieres Jan. 17, 2010 -- will be set in the Big Apple and center on an assassination plot against a visiting foreign leader (Slumdog Millionaire's Anil Kapoor). In addition to Sackhoff, Prinze, and Williamson, new Day 8 blood includes Kissing Jessica Stein's Jennifer Westfeldt (as a journalist with ties to Kapoor's diplomat) and The Starter Wife's Chris Diamantopoulos (as President Taylor's Chief of Staff).

source :

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/exclusive-katee.html

Dr. Evil
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Interesting new cast.

From the plot, it looks like Anil Kapoor will be a good guy.......at least for now.

So Taylor has new Chief of Staff? What happens to Ethan?

SsM
06-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Interesting new cast.

From the plot, it looks like Anil Kapoor will be a good guy.......at least for now.

So Taylor has new Chief of Staff? What happens to Ethan?

Since they abandoned the 6 weeks later thing, maybe they are married.

Dr. Evil
06-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Since they abandoned the 6 weeks later thing, maybe they are married.

Mr. Taylor is still alive though.

SsM
06-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Mr. Taylor is still alive though.

The season finale left me feeling like the First Couple aren't going to be together much longer.

Kingfish
06-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Katee Sackhoff? Finally, a new cast member to be happy about.

The Batman
06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
i know david palmer is long dead, but i noticed that for the first three seasons, he always cuts his losses on something: first cherry, then novick, and then his job....

Marx
06-09-2009, 09:14 PM
The season finale left me feeling like the First Couple aren't going to be together much longer.

It's going to be very interesting to see what the dynamic between the two will be.

Silent_Assassin
06-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Sources confirm to me exclusively that the Battlestar Galactica heroine has been tapped to play the series regular role of Dana Walsh, a highly respected and down-to-earth data analyst at the new and improved New York branch of CTU.

Does anybody else think she could possibly have some relation to Richard Walsh from Season 1? A daughter, perhaps? Sorry if this has been confirmed or discussed :yay:

Kingfish
06-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Sounds like a coincidence. No way they put that much thought into a character that was only in two episodes about eight years ago. Doubt they even realized the connection when they named her.

Silent_Assassin
06-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Well that's a shame. It would be great if they had put that much thought into it. Although there wouldn't be much significance in the character...her Dad died...what, 12 years ago in the shows timeline? Something like that.

Kingfish
06-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Well, exactly, it would be nice if they put that thought into it, but what would be the point? The average viewer of the show doesn't remember Richard Walsh. Hell, the average writer of the show probably doesn't remember Richard Walsh. It would be such a ridiculous contrivance for Jack to find out that she's his daughter (or something) all to get a tiny reveal that nobody cared about. It's just a coincidence.

Silent_Assassin
06-10-2009, 06:20 AM
It would be such a ridiculous contrivance for Jack to find out that she's his daughter (or something) all to get a tiny reveal that nobody cared about.

Hahah, yeah you're probably right, it would just end up taking away from the plot more than it would most likely add...not to mention, it would probably create another side-story that isn't neccessary.

Man of Tomorrow
06-10-2009, 06:28 PM

The ultimate low for any CTU agent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzDaNEJudAs

The Apocalypse
06-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone know where they might be filming in NYC..if they even are?

Kingfish
06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/ask-ausiello-spoilers-on-house-gossip-girl-and-more.html

Question: If Chris Diamantopoulos is playing Pres. Taylor's new Chief of Staff (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/24-exclusive-ha.html#comments) on 24 next season, then where does that leave Bob Gunton (a.k.a. Ethan Kanin)? --Betty
Ausiello: Don't worry about Ethan. He fares very well in the transition.

Guess we can stop worrying about Ethan.

souvlaki
06-28-2009, 05:15 PM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/ask-ausiello-spoilers-on-house-gossip-girl-and-more.html

Guess we can stop worrying about Ethan.

I'm calling it now. Married to Taylor.

Kingfish
06-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Nope, you're wrong about that.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/ask-ausiello-spoilers-on-ugly-betty-house-scrubs-and-more.html

Question: So does Ethan become the Vice President of 24 next season? Or maybe the new First Gentleman? --Chris
Ausiello: You're wrong on both counts. According to an aide close to President Taylor, who asked not to be identified because he/she could get fired for talking to me, Ethan will be appointed the new ********* ** *****.

The overly obvious seems to be Secretary of State.

Shifty
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Not 24 news but some may be interested in a former castmember becoming a star of a new show.

AMC is following up “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad” with a 12-hour “Three Days of the Condor”-ish conspiracy thriller starring “24” vet James Badge Dale as a think-tank analyst in hot water.

Look! Press release!

AMC GREENLIGHTS CONSPIRACY THRILLER ‘RUBICON’

From Writer and Executive Producer Jason Horwitch

Series Stars James Badge Dale (The Departed), Lili Taylor (Six Feet Under), and Miranda Richardson (The Crying Game)

Warner Horizon Television to Produce Network’s New Original Drama

NEW YORK, NY, June 24, 2009 – AMC announced today it has greenlit the dramatic series Rubicon. From writer and executive producer Jason Horwitch (Pentagon Papers, Medical Investigation), Rubicon is a conspiracy thriller that follows an analyst at a New York City think-tank whose work leads him to uncover a hidden clue that points to an unfolding global conspiracy. The one-hour, 12-episode weekly series will be produced by Warner Horizon Television. Rubicon marks the third series order from AMC. The first two series that the network developed were Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

“This script is an iconic project for us in that it underscores AMC’s brand promise of ‘Story Matters Here,’ combining great storytelling with a world that hasn't been explored on television before. Think tanks are inherently mysterious places with murky agendas, and it’s a great setting for a show like this. Jason's understanding of the conspiracy thriller genre is evident in a plot reminiscent of some great films like Three Days of the Condor and The Parallax View. We're thrilled to have a world class cast, director, and production team to bring this series to life,” said Joel Stillerman, SVP of original programming, production and digital content for AMC.

Rubicon revolves around a secret society that pulls the strings on the world political stage. The series focuses on an analyst at a national think tank who discovers that his employers are not who they seem to be. The show’s cast includes James Badge Dale (The Departed), Lili Taylor (Six Feet Under, High Fidelity), Dallas Roberts (Walk the Line, Flicka, The L Word), Jessica Collins (The Nine, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), Christopher Evan Welch (Vicky Cristina Barcelona), Lauren Hodges (Law & Order), Paul Butler (The Insider, Reign Over Me) with Arliss Howard (Full Metal Jacket, Natural Born Killers, The Sandlot) and Oscar®-nominated actress Miranda Richardson (The Crying Game, Sleepy Hollow).

AMC’s Joel Stillerman, SVP of Original Programming, Production and Digital Content; Vlad Wolynetz, Vice President of Production, Series and Movies; and Jeremy Elice, Vice President of Original Programming, will oversee the development and production of the new drama.

Rubicon’s pilot was produced in New York City and was directed by acclaimed film and television helmer Allen Coulter (The Sopranos, Hollywoodland, Damages and Nurse Jackie). Kerry Orent (Michael Clayton, Rescue Me) is the producer, and the casting director is Avy Kaufman (The Sixth Sense, King Kong, Garden State).

In July of 2006, AMC entered into the original programming arena with Broken Trail starring Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church, which garnered record ratings for AMC and scored four Emmy wins. In the summer of 2007, AMC debuted its first original drama Mad Men. The series has received overwhelming recognition from the industry including making history by becoming the first cable network to garner back to back Golden Globe® wins for Best Dramatic Television Series and receiving multiple Emmy wins including making history again by becoming the first cable network to win for Outstanding Drama series. Then in January of 2008, AMC premiered its newest original series, Breaking Bad, which took home the Emmy for outstanding lead actor for Bryan Cranston’s portrayal of lead character Walt White. The network features an extensive library of iconic, top-rated movies, acclaimed unscripted originals and specials, including AMC StoryMakers with Peter Bart and Peter Guber, and curated movie franchises including Hollywood Icon, AMC Complete Collection and AMC Celebrates.

Kingfish
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-24-CSI-1007543.aspx

Will Kim Raver (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/kim-raver/192407) return to 24 (http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/24/100003) since ABC didn't pick up her new show (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pilot-Raver-Milano-1003548.aspx)? — BrightEyez
MATT: I see where you're going with this. Since Season 8 is set in New York City, you're hoping Jack and Audrey will rendezvous, Sleepless in Seattle-style, atop the Empire State Building. Well, put a pin in that dream for now. For starters, you should be with me in wanting Jack with Renee, not Audrey. Beyond that, ABC's Inside the Box (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pilot-Raver-Milano-1003548.aspx) pilot is undergoing retooling/technically still in play, so Raver might not exactly be available. But one Kim you can plan on returning is Jack's daughter — sources tell me Elisha Cuthbert (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/elisha-cuthbert/148935) has already filmed scenes for Day 8's first few hours.

Guess Audrey doesn't get to wake up from that coma anytime soon...

LastSunrise1981
07-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I am just now getting into 24 and I watched Redemption the other day with my dad and we both loved it. My question to everyone is what is the best season to start with?

The Apocalypse
07-06-2009, 09:15 PM
One. You really get a taste of things to come and the season is very good.

Kingfish
07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
One of course. It's one of the best seasons and won't leave you scratching your head on some things later.

Sam Fisher
07-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Best seasons are one, two, five, and seven. Seasons three and four aren't bad. Season Six you may want to skip entirely.

Jspider13
07-07-2009, 12:49 AM
the first 4 episodes of season 6 were pretty incredible. the rest of the season has completely been erased from my brain.

Bastila
07-07-2009, 01:15 PM
I think its season 3, one with the hotel and virus that one was great.

Shifty
07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I am just now getting into 24 and I watched Redemption the other day with my dad and we both loved it. My question to everyone is what is the best season to start with?

Yeah one is the best to start with, makes future seasons much better. The season sets are pretty cheap now compared to when they first came out.

Jspider13
07-08-2009, 01:35 AM
I think its season 3, one with the hotel and virus that one was great.

Yeah, I started watching 24 when Season 3 came out on DVD and thats the season that got me hooked.

Underrated season without a doubt.

Sam Fisher
07-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Yeah one is the best to start with, makes future seasons much better. The season sets are pretty cheap now compared to when they first came out.Yeah, Target usually puts them on sale for under $20. And Costco has had them lately.

I once got Season 2 for only $10 with the $10 off coupon from the Season 6 Premiere DVD:yay:

LastSunrise1981
07-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah one is the best to start with, makes future seasons much better. The season sets are pretty cheap now compared to when they first came out.

I'm on Season one at the moment and I am absolutely hooked on this show.

The concept, the twists, the acting, and the writing are top notch and I simply cannot get enough of it. I'm on the episode where he has kidnapped Ted Coffell and is about to get some information out of him.

Shifty
07-20-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm on Season one at the moment and I am absolutely hooked on this show.

The concept, the twists, the acting, and the writing are top notch and I simply cannot get enough of it. I'm on the episode where he has kidnapped Ted Coffell and is about to get some information out of him.

Awesome Bauer moment coming up then another twist.

Kingfish
07-20-2009, 03:34 AM
That Ted Koffel scene is pretty awesome. Such a good season.

The Englishman
07-20-2009, 06:39 AM
That Ted Koffel scene is pretty awesome. Such a good season.
I think that was the scene that cemented Jacks ultimate Baddass title...

LastSunrise1981
07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Man, I simply cannot get enough of this show. I just finished the episode where he saved his family from Gaines and was debriefed by Chappelle, Green, and Palmer.

I wish I had gotten into this show sooner.

LastSunrise1981
07-21-2009, 03:33 AM
I just finished Season 1 and man that was amazing. Everything about it was perfect and I intend on starting on Season 2 tomorrow. From the way it looks I'm going to start buying the Seasons now and just work my way to Season 7.

Man, Nina is a cold hearted *****. Never would've thought she'd betray Jack and CTU the way she did.

SsM
07-21-2009, 08:37 AM
I just finished Season 1 and man that was amazing. Everything about it was perfect and I intend on starting on Season 2 tomorrow. From the way it looks I'm going to start buying the Seasons now and just work my way to Season 7.

Man, Nina is a cold hearted *****. Never would've thought she'd betray Jack and CTU the way she did.

They have only just begun.....

Golgo-13
07-21-2009, 09:04 AM
^qft!

Shifty
07-21-2009, 02:53 PM

Its all down hill after the 4th hour of season six. Still you're in for some amazing episodes. Season two ups the stakes so much.

Dr Lee
07-21-2009, 03:02 PM
IMHO they went too high too soon with the stakes.....

SsM
07-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Its all down hill after the 4th hour of season six. Still you're in for some amazing episodes. Season two ups the stakes so much.

Honestly, re-watching season 6 wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be...

I like your old name better btw... :P

LastSunrise1981
07-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm starting on Season 2 as we speak and I am very interested to see where it goes. Only man of Jack Bauer status could handle the hell he deals with everyday.

Kaleb
07-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Honestly, re-watching season 6 wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be...

I like your old name better btw... :P
You know I have to agree with that statement I was watching season 6 the other week and I realised it wasnt as bad, more importantly I actually kinda liked Doyle :wow:

SsM
07-21-2009, 06:33 PM
You know I have to agree with that statement I was watching season 6 the other week and I realised it wasnt as bad, more importantly I actually kinda liked Doyle :wow:

He's a dick at first but he gradually grows on you... no pun intended

making his accident kind of tragic.

Kaleb
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
My sister is down for the holidays and I just got her into 24, cause she is bored at home since most of her friends have gone back to university , and in the past week she has watched season 1-3 of 24 at this rate she will be up to season 5 by sunday.

Kaleb
07-21-2009, 06:37 PM
He's a dick at first but he gradually grows on you... no pun intended

making his accident kind of tragic.

I cant remember if they addressed it, but did he die from that accident

SsM
07-21-2009, 06:43 PM
I cant remember if they addressed it, but did he die from that accident

No. They say he's blinded though, most likely permanent as well..

LastSunrise1981
07-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Just watched the 8:00am to 9:00am episode where CTU has brought Jack back into duty.

I just love how Jack just calmly kills the guy he is interrogating and asks for a hacksaw.

Who is the abusive ******* that hurts his wife and daughter? I'm really interested to see how this part of the storyline develops.

SsM
07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I'M GUNNA NEED A HACKsAW!

Kingfish
07-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Who is the abusive ******* that hurts his wife and daughter? I'm really interested to see how this part of the storyline develops.

It's not one of their finer moments.

Although the cougar makes it easily the strangest and most laughed at moment of the series.

Golgo-13
07-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Just watched the 8:00am to 9:00am episode where CTU has brought Jack back into duty.

I just love how Jack just calmly kills the guy he is interrogating and asks for a hacksaw.

Ah man, your watching my all time favorite season, and the season that got me hooked on the show. I hope you've got enough popcorn, soda and candy treats to last you.............your gonna enjoy this one!

NewYorkSpider
07-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Man, I simply cannot get enough of this show. I just finished the episode where he saved his family from Gaines and was debriefed by Chappelle, Green, and Palmer.

I wish I had gotten into this show sooner.

I didn't get into it untill season 5. I watched two episodes and knew I missed out on watching a great show. I've been hooked by it ever since.

Matt
07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Is there going to be a Redemption type movie this season? I remember rumors of one but did it ever pan out?

SsM
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
That would be nice. I haven't heard anything of it..

LastSunrise1981
07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I wish I had gotten into this show sooner. I just finished the episode where Jack kills the people he was working undercover with and CTU was attacked as well.

I think Jack is about to interrogate Nina too.

SsM
07-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Wow, you aren't as far along as I was hoping you would be by now. :(

LastSunrise1981
07-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Wow, you aren't as far along as I was hoping you would be by now. :(

Yeah, I don't rent all of the episodes at once. I'm on 1PM-2PM now as I'm typing this. I plan on watching the rest of the rentals tonight and renting the rest the rest of Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3 tomorrow.

SsM
07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Good enough! Hurry up so we can hold Palavar about each season as you go!

LastSunrise1981
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Jack Bauer is a ****ing badass. I love how he just lashes out with anger when he's interrogating prisoners and how he scares the **** out of Nina by shooting the walls.

We should have more people interrogate like this. :oldrazz:

I just saw where Megan's father is about to take her out of the hospital.

Sam Fisher
07-23-2009, 08:54 PM
So is there gonna be anything at Comic Con for 24?

LastSunrise1981
07-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Damn, does Kim have the worst luck in the world? She's kidnapped in the first season and is almost killed. Then she also about to be accused of murdering Megan's father? Man, why doesn't she just tell the cop that Gary threatened to kill her and accuse her of kidnapping if she went to the police?

This season is just getting more interesting by the minute and I'm loving the twists, intensity, and the overall realistic concept that this show depicts.

SsM
07-23-2009, 09:54 PM

We must unite and start Bauer-Con.

LastSunrise1981
07-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Damn, that Nina is a sneaky individual. How in the world did Jack let his guard down with her and leave a loaded weapon in her presence?

SsM
07-23-2009, 11:12 PM
He's only one man!

LastSunrise1981
07-23-2009, 11:18 PM
He's only one man!

Man, this is good stuff. The acting here is great too. I love Jack's reaction anytime Nina gets what she wants. It's an expression of pain, disgust, and guilt as well. Kiefer really captures the essence of this character who wants to do the right thing and will do what it takes at any cost.

SsM
07-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Keifer should win an academy award for 24. ._. Impossible? I think not.

LastSunrise1981
07-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Okay, it's official. I am hooked to 24 now. Jack's interrogation/torture of Syed Ali is one of the best sequences I've seen. Jack is the ultimate badass that's for sure.

I especially loved how they detained Syed. Jack coming out of nowhere and beating the **** out of him, forcing his hand into his mouth and painfully taking the cyanide capsule out.

Kingfish
07-24-2009, 02:10 AM

There is tomorrow. Kiefer, Mary Lynn, and Katee Sackhoff with a preview of season 8. I'll be there.

Jspider13
07-24-2009, 02:27 PM
There is tomorrow. Kiefer, Mary Lynn, and Katee Sackhoff with a preview of season 8. I'll be there.

What time is that at? and is it hall H?

Heisenberg
07-24-2009, 05:19 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/wjxvnm.jpg

Kaleb
07-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Jack kind of looks like Clint Eastwood in that picture .

Sam Fisher
07-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Ooh, nice poster.

Kingfish
07-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Well, the 24 panel was PACKED (sorry, jspider, I was already there when you posted). I wanted to stick around and see it, but I couldn't justify waiting in such a ridiculous line, so I passed. Oh, well.

NewYorkSpider
07-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Nice poster.

LastSunrise1981
07-25-2009, 01:15 AM
That was such an intense emotional segment between George and Jack. Very sad to see that Mason only showed emotion and love when he's on his last leg. But it was nice to see him actually show remorse, sadness, and guilt towards Jack as he prepared to sacrifice himself.

Matt
07-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Haha, you'll become well accustomed to this tradition. Any time a character you hate starts to turn good, it is usually the beginning of their end.

BAILY
07-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Someone recorded part of the clip shown at Comic-Con and you can hear someone telling them to turn off the camera, then it ends.. there was more afterwards ... CTU stuff .. I won't say what happens in the clip but if you want to see it ... it's prolly still up on Youtube somewhere

Shifty
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Someone recorded part of the clip shown at Comic-Con and you can hear someone telling them to turn off the camera, then it ends.. there was more afterwards ... CTU stuff .. I won't say what happens in the clip but if you want to see it ... check it out below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z16tQtuzD8

Aceveda!!! Really wish they could work him in some how.

LastSunrise1981
07-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm just curious. I'm still on Season 2 and I'm loving it. But does Rothman have anything to do with the concept or the production of 24? :cwink:

SsM
07-26-2009, 10:03 PM
NO. l

LastSunrise1981
07-26-2009, 10:05 PM
NO. l

Thank God. I would hate for him to get his dirty hands on 24.

LastSunrise1981
07-27-2009, 04:21 AM
Completed Season 2 of 24 today and man it was amazing. What a great ride of intensity.

The ending has me very interested in Season 3. I've always been into thrillers that involve biological/viral weapons. Going to rent Season 3 later on today and start on it after work.

When Tobin Bell's character was about to kill Jack I was expecting him to say "Hello Mr. Bauer. I want to play a game." :woot:

The development of Tony and Michelle was good stuff too. Tony is another one of my favorite characters. He's very firm, strict, and intense but he has a good heart and wants to do things the right way. His interaction with Michelle was very nice as she reminded me of naive, somewhat weak, and yet also wants to do the right thing as well.

Jack sniping out Kingsley's men was pure epic. So was the hand to hand combat as well.

Kaleb
07-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Im glad your enjoyed it, Season 3 (imo) is one of the better seasons.

Kingfish
07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
The ending has me very interested in Season 3. I've always been into thrillers that involve biological/viral weapons. Going to rent Season 3 later on today and start on it after work.

The ending to season 2 was one of the biggest wastes to me, since it never really played a prominent part in the series. In fact, it barely gets a passing mention the following season. If you want any actual impact from that particular cliffhanger (which was one of the best), you have to play the damn video game.

NewYorkSpider
07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Im glad your enjoyed it, Season 3 (imo) is one of the better seasons.

I didn't care for season 3. Season 5 is still the best IMO.

Kaleb
07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
I didn't care for season 3. Season 5 is still the best IMO.

I agree, I loved season 5 but I have seasons 3 , 4 and 1 behind season 5.

The Chris
07-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I think with season 3 it started out maybe a little off, I couldn't get into the new characters (Chase and Chloe I hated at first). Then as the season got on it seemed to have found it's footing, and then got really freakin awesome. The second half is complete gold.

Jspider13
08-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Season 3, the episode where
Jack attempts to break salazar out of prison and is forced into a game of russian roulette against a prison gaurd and salazar.

one of my favorite episodes of that season and solidified my love for the show.

Heisenberg
08-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Just watched the Comic Con footage and the new CTU looks amazing, I also think the script it pretty good from the small amount shown. The new characters seem to fit right in, and I laughed heartedly at Katee Sackhoff dissing Chloe. January seems so far away.

Sam Fisher
08-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Where did you see the footage? Youtube?

LastSunrise1981
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm almost finished with Season 3 and it's great. Definitely enjoyed Jack orchestrating the prison break, Tony coming back after suffering a fatal shot to the neck, and of course Jack finishing off Nina.

Man, Sherry really doesn't give a **** about David does she?

SsM
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
No. No, she does not.

Matt
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Really? I think its the opposite. I think she cares too much.

SsM
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Really? I think its the opposite. I think she cares too much.

I think she cares more about the idea... Hmm... I can't really articulate what I'm trying to say :(

LastSunrise1981
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I think she cares more about the idea... Hmm... I can't really articulate what I'm trying to say :(

I understand what you're saying.

From your perspective she is more interested in the idea that David represents and was more into the fortune, the fame, and the power that it would bring her. I don't truly believe that she actually cares about David the person or else she'd be honest with him rather than hiding crucial information.

SsM
08-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I understand what you're saying.

From your perspective she is more interested in the idea that David represents and was more into the fortune, the fame, and the power that it would bring her. I don't truly believe that she actually cares about David the person or else she'd be honest with him rather than hiding crucial information.

Yeah, mostly. I believe that she did care for him but through the years.. especially between the end of season 1 to the end of season 3 her warped sense of reality just takes over.

LastSunrise1981
08-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Man, Season 3 is just as intense as Season 1 and 2. I think what makes it more intense is the fact that a biological viral weapon is a realistic scenario and it creates a picture of panic, chaos, and death.

One thing I noticed about 24 is that while there are good and bad guys, even the good guys while likable tend to be unlikable as well. Tony's character interests me a lot too. He is pretty badass too after taking a bullet to the neck and coming back to his job.

Going to buy Season 4 and 5 with my next paycheck.

LastSunrise1981
08-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Damn, how badass is Jack Bauer? Seriously. The way he orders Ryan to return to the CTU office after he tries to run was just wow. :wow:

Shifty
08-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Finish the episode yet?

LastSunrise1981
08-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Finish the episode yet?

I'm getting there. The villain just outsmarted the CTU task force team and Jack is looking like he'll have to kill Ryan. Very tense episode.

LastSunrise1981
08-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Just finished the episode and WOW! I truly didn't think Jack was going to go through with it. I like when a villain is actually a credible threat and is vicious while being extremely intelligent.

LastSunrise1981
08-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Stephen Saunders is a real intelligent bastard.

LastSunrise1981
08-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I finished Season 3 early this morning and didn't go to bed until around 5 this morning because I was so into it. I am going to buy Seasons 4 and 5 with my next paycheck.

What made Jack finally break down? Was it getting over the heroin addiction or what happened to Tony?

Kingfish
08-05-2009, 01:58 PM
You could call it a combination of that, having to chop off Chase's arm, and the death of another woman he loved (Claudia) that he hadn't had a chance to mourn yet.

Season 3 was a really bad day for Jack. And they don't get better.

LastSunrise1981
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
You could call it a combination of that, having to chop off Chase's arm, and the death of another woman he loved (Claudia) that he hadn't had a chance to mourn yet.

Season 3 was a really bad day for Jack. And they don't get better.

I was thinking about it and I added in the fact that he had to kill Ryan too. His heroin addiction, killing Ryan, cutting off Chases arm, and Claudia dying just made it another one of those horrible long days of his life.

You know, even thought 24 is a fictional show, it can teach us a lot about Jack's life and our life. We tend to complain about how horrible our day is going but you can look at Jack's and say "Well, it could always be worse."

Oh and just for the record, I cannot stand Chloe. She is just a super annoying *****.

Kingfish
08-06-2009, 01:53 PM
[spoiler]Oh and just for the record, I cannot stand Chloe. She is just a super annoying *****.

Everyone did when she first came along. I don't think anyone expected her to turn into such a likable and long running character.

LastSunrise1981
08-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Starting on Season 4 of 24 at the moment and I'm very open to discuss it with fellow fans of 24.

LastSunrise1981
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM
I loved the 7:00AM-8:00AM episode of 24. Jack forcing his way into the interrogation room and shooting the terrorist in the knee was badass.

LastSunrise1981
08-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Jack stages a robbery to keep a terrorist from getting on the road? How badass can one man get?

Upon watching more of these episodes I find myself liking Chloe more and more.

SsM
08-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Chloe gets better and better each season.

Kingfish
08-09-2009, 11:48 PM
She really does.

Jack's one-man assault on the compound to rescue the Hellers is one of the best pure action sequences the show has ever had.

LastSunrise1981
08-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Since I am new to 24 I heard that Seasons 4 and 5 are what 24 is most known for. Is this true? I'm on Season 4 now and I'm loving the hell out of it so far. But a friend of mine said Seasons 4 and 5 are the definitive masterpieces of the season.

SsM
08-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Season 4 starts slipping in the middle and towards the finale, Season 5 was amazing.

Kingfish
08-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Season 4 does get bogged down by itself. There are still amazing moments, but it really is the most ridiculous.

LastSunrise1981
08-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Season 4 of the show is a lot more faster paced than Season 3.

The wife of the terrorist is just as vicious and cold hearted as the father is. I felt so bad when she poisoned her sons girlfriend.

The Chris
08-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Season 4 of the show is a lot more faster paced than Season 3.

The wife of the terrorist is just as vicious and cold hearted as the father is. I felt so bad when she poisoned her sons girlfriend.

Yeah the only difference between them is she wouldn't kill her son. He would and tried.

Man of Tomorrow
08-10-2009, 12:56 AM
The new CTU set for Day 8 is bloody amazing.

LastSunrise1981
08-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Hahaha

Jack is so badass. I just watched him began his infiltration into the terrorist hide out and kill two henchmen. He proceeds to slide down the hill with his gun drawn. I had to rewind it to see it again because it was just so awesome.

I have a question. We all know 24 is known for the usage of torture. Is this the season where Jack REALLY starts to torture people for information? I am looking forward to seeing that.

LastSunrise1981
08-10-2009, 02:56 AM
I literally started clapping and smiled when Jack called Tony for help and he showed up to finish off the rest of the henchmen. Tony is another one of my favorite characters too.

Kingfish
08-10-2009, 03:18 AM
He's everybody's second favorite character.

LastSunrise1981
08-10-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm definitely loving Season 4 and the pace is a lot faster. It's one of those seasons where everything has a sense of urgency and there is no time to slow down.

Just finished the episode where Edgar informed CTU that Marianne was the real mole and Jack and Tony managed to apprehend their one lead before he was killed by a sniper.

The Apocalypse
08-10-2009, 04:25 AM
I literally started clapping and smiled when Jack called Tony for help and he showed up to finish off the rest of the henchmen. Tony is another one of my favorite characters too.

That was a great moment.

LastSunrise1981
08-10-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm still on Season 4 and Behrooz just killed his father. When you think about it Jack is the perfect soldier. He stealthly went in to the laundry room and engaged the subject by owning him completely.

This series is simply amazing and I'm hoping I can watch all the seasons and be caught up when Season 8 starts.

Kingfish
08-10-2009, 09:04 PM
You should at the rate you're going.

SsM
08-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm still on Season 4 and Behrooz just killed his father. When you think about it Jack is the perfect soldier. He stealthly went in to the laundry room and engaged the subject by owning him completely.

This series is simply amazing and I'm hoping I can watch all the seasons and be caught up when Season 8 starts.

You have five months, I think you will be fine.

LastSunrise1981
08-10-2009, 09:05 PM
While I've enjoyed all of the seasons so far. I have to say Season 4 is definitely better than Season 3 due to the faster pace and I haven't really seen where the storyline is bogged down.

Although I'm pretty pissed because I am on Disc 3 and when I went to the store to rent Disc 4 it was either out, stolen, or broken. So all they had was Disc 5 and 6 for Season 4. Looks like I'll be purchasing Season 4 and 5 combined.

Kingfish
08-10-2009, 09:16 PM
The beginning of season 4 is fine. It's the end of the season that isn't so hot.

Jspider13
08-10-2009, 09:46 PM
The beginning of season 4 is fine. It's the end of the season that isn't so hot.

:wow::huh:

Season 4 and 5's finales were my favorite.

Kingfish
08-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll try to clarify. Do not read this LastSunrise.

The finale itself was great, the problem with the second half of the season was the sheer level of stuff. It bounces from nuclear reactors to stealth fighters to Air Force One to the Football to Mandy so fast that it's just too much. It's why the season is far and away the most implausible (according to that military guy who analyzed all the seasons for how likely they were to happen. No, I have no idea who that was anymore). Not to mention Marwan escaping over and over and over.

Every other season breaks the threat in half, so you're dealing with really two different villains over the course of the day. Season four just never really does that. So, despite the fantastic beginning and the finale, overall it's the second weakest season.

All of this is just my opinion of course.

LastSunrise1981
08-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I rented the rest of Season 4 tonight and I am going to watch it. Looking forward to seeing the finale and I'll purchase Season 4 and 5 with my next paycheck.

Tony's reaction to seeing Michelle again as Head of CTU was priceless and I didn't expect it.

LastSunrise1981
08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Wow, Michelle turned into a bitter and cold individual after leaving Tony.

LastSunrise1981
08-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I know Kiefer mentioned that he was interested in possibly having 24 end with another film. Hopefully if they did a 24 film it would be similar to Redemption and have a bit of a Bourne feel to it.

LastSunrise1981
08-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Jack, Tony, and Michelle are my favorite characters of the show. They're all unique, headstrong, and complex in their own way.

Jack killing that imposter FBI agent was badass too. Just him shooting three times through the wall was epic.

WOW!!!!!!

So the mercenary ended up assassinating the president, his son, and everyone else on Air Force One?!!! Holy ****! :wow:

LastSunrise1981
08-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Guess what everyone? I bought Seasons 4, 5, and 6 today with my paycheck from the theatre. I am a very happy 24 fan and I'm looking to finish Season 4 tonight and start on 5 tomorrow.

I plan on buying Redemption and Season 7 with my birthday money on the 28th.

LastSunrise1981
08-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Is that the advisor former President Palmer released with the Vice President? What's he doing there?!

The Apocalypse
08-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Is that the advisor former President Palmer released with the Vice President? What's he doing there?!

Mike Novak? He's the man!

LastSunrise1981
08-15-2009, 01:33 AM
I love how Jack just ignores policies and just tortures the terrorist against Presidents orders. Jack is one of the best heroes on television today.

LastSunrise1981
08-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Edit

LastSunrise1981
Edit: Triple post.

LastSunrise1981
Chloe straight up owning the guy in the jeep with a gun was pure badass on her part. I literally thought her and the terrorists girlfriend was going to bite the bullet in the CTU vehicle.

I also must say that Habib Marwan is one slitherly snake and just when you think CTU has him he manages to escape. It's a shame Arnold Vosloo isn't in more films because he's a very fine actor who pulls off a cold, detached, and intelligent villain perfectly.

LastSunrise1981
08-15-2009, 03:26 AM
WOW!

Season 4 is just intense and I haven't seen any situations where it's bogged down by anything.

Jack forcing the medical team to work on Lee Jong was one of those situations where it was a lose lose. It was badass and heartbroken at the same time, but it needed to be done for the lives of those at stake. Kiefer really captured Jack's guilt and anguish when Paul died. You could feel Jack's pain when Audrey said she hated him, slapped him, and so forth.

But as to be expected Jack had a job to do and had to be more concerned about Lee Jong than Paul or Audrey.

LastSunrise1981
08-15-2009, 03:27 AM
I will finish Season 4 after work tonight and will start on Season 5 most likely immediately afterwards. Maybe.

LastSunrise1981
08-16-2009, 01:32 AM
The missle was just launched and it seems like the **** is about to hit the fan with the chinese.

LastSunrise1981
08-16-2009, 03:08 AM
I am on the last episode of Season 4 and I must say this has gone by so fast since the season is much more intense, faster, and more unpredictable. Even though I was aware Almeida wasn't dead, for a minute there, I truly believed he was in the car with the female terrorist.

The CTU agent ended up telling the chinese council who led the mission? I have a feeling they're going to kill him anyways.

LastSunrise1981
08-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Just finished Season 4 a few minutes ago and that was such a wonderful ride. As I stated in previous posts I purchased Season 4, 5, and 6 with my paycheck so the collection is almost complete and once I get Redemption and Season 7 I'll be set.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Season 5 and I simply cannot wait as the ending of Season 4 I felt was fitting for Jack.

Anyone up for discussion when I start Season 5?

Kingfish
08-16-2009, 04:04 AM
You're not gonna want to stop watching season five either. It starts off with a bang.

And I love how this season 8 thread has turned almost solely into you catching up on the entire series. It's very enjoyable. I wish I could go back and watch the entire show for the first time too. Even season six.:cwink:

Dr Lee
08-16-2009, 04:43 AM
A bang?!? It's ****ing insane!

LastSunrise1981
08-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I am watching Season 5 and it definitely starts off with an insane bang! Wow, that was just killer and I am loving how this series is turning out right now.

I love how he owns that kid and tells him he's only concious because he doesn't want to carry him.

LastSunrise1981
08-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Why do I get the feeling that there's more to President Logan than it appears? Something just seems odd about him.

LastSunrise1981
08-16-2009, 09:11 PM
The secret service agent with Logan is very, very dirty and slithery too. Man, I sincerely hope Jack gets him soon.

Sam Fisher
08-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes, very odd:cwink:

Sam Fisher
08-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Yes, very odd:cwink:

LastSunrise1981
08-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Did I just see John McCain in CTU? lol

LastSunrise1981
08-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Sean Astin's performance as Lynn McGill was downright amazing. He plays that overbearing, power hungry, and over dramatic government prick perfectly.

Logan's wife dodged a major bullet with that ambush from the terrorists.

Love how Curtis went all badass and started throwing policies at Lynn's face when Lynn was losing his mind.

LastSunrise1981
08-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Poor Tony. He and Michelle left CTU to start a new life and the chaos found them taking her away from him. So sad seeing him finding out that his wife was killed in the explosion.

I'm really loving Season 5 so far and it's just as intense as Season 4.

LastSunrise1981
08-17-2009, 01:36 AM
HOLY ****!!!!! JACK IS ****ING CRAZY! I wasn't expecting him to shoot Christopher's wife in the knee. Wow.