PDA

View Full Version : Cast Martin Jordan

Wesley Dodds
07-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Now Hal's been cast, who should play his dad Martin?

Martin Jordan's importance to the Green Lantern mythos cannot be underestimated... He is to Hal what Thomas Wayne is to Batman or Uncle Ben is to Peter Parker, I'm so relieved to know that not only will he be in the movie but apparently, he's going to be used in the same capacity as these characters.

I've gotta go for Nathan Fillion.

http://xs141.xs.to/xs141/09302/b183.jpg

Seems to me that Hal's dad should be played by one of the (many) actors who would've been great for Hal himself a couple of years ago but these days are slightly too old.
It would also be a nice nod to fans who've wanted Fillion in this movie for years...

Jake Cassidy
07-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Dennis Quaid

Wesley Dodds
07-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Dennis Quaid

See, i have issues with Dennis Quaid.
Ten/Fifteen years ago he would've been perfect but these days he's too old to even play Hal's dad.
These days he'd be more suited play his grandfather.

I was gonna mention that in the first post but figured i'd wait til' someone brought it up.

rdh007
07-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Sam Worthington

SsM
07-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Now Hal's been cast, who should play his dad Martin?

Martin Jordan's importance to the Green Lantern mythos cannot be underestimated... He is to Hal what Thomas Wayne is to Batman or Uncle Ben is to Peter Parker, I'm so relieved to know that not only will he be in the movie but apparently, he's going to be used in the same capacity as these characters.

I've gotta go for Nathan Fillion.

http://xs141.xs.to/xs141/09302/b183.jpg

Seems to me that Hal's dad should be played by one of the (many) actors who would've been great for Hal himself a couple of years ago but these days are slightly too old.
It would also be a nice nod to fans who've wanted Fillion in this movie for years...

He's only a couple years older than Reynolds though :( I haven't read the script... Will he be used in a flashback?

Wesley Dodds
07-21-2009, 08:28 AM
He's only a couple years older than Reynolds though :( I haven't read the script... Will he be used in a flashback?

Yeah, that's what i mean. Hal watched his Dad die in a plane crash when he was just a kid so the character is gonna be flashback-only.
I guess the best comparison would be the way they used Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins.

Eddie Dean
07-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Michael Biehn please.

Wesley Dodds
07-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Oooh, that's an interesting idea... What is it about Biehn? Seems like he's sort've "in" again these days.

Doctor Jones
07-21-2009, 09:06 AM
The man has always been awesome.

I wouldn't mind Fillion, he seems like he could fit actually, but I doubt they'll go with him.

SsM
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Yeah, that's what i mean. Hal watched his Dad die in a plane crash when he was just a kid so the character is gonna be flashback-only.
I guess the best comparison would be the way they used Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins.

Yeah, I realized how silly my question was only after I had posted it. :/

bunk
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Dane Cook for Martin Jordan lol...

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5857/danecookryanreynolds.jpg

SsM
07-21-2009, 11:35 AM
I keel you.

Doctor Jones
07-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Good God no.

"HAL! LISTEN TO ME! I'M GONNA FLY NOWWW!"

Wesley Dodds
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Whose Dane Cook?

ZIPBAGS
07-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Whose Dane Cook?

Tourgasm...Employee of the Month.. He is a comedian.

With regards to Fillion. He would be great for Martin Jordan. If its a flashback to his Hal's youth. Also, didn't someone report a week or so ago that Fillion was seen speaking to the producers??

Someone mentioned Quaid. He is better suited for Alan Scott.

Wesley Dodds
07-21-2009, 02:46 PM

With regards to Fillion. He would be great for Martin Jordan. If its a flashback to his Hal's youth. Also, didn't someone report a week or so ago that Fillion was seen speaking to the producers??

Yeah, he said on his Twitter that himself and Rainn Wilson had a meeting with DC about an as yet undisclosed project.

And yeah, if Quaid dyes his hair blonde, that's a great idea.

Doctor Jones
07-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Not Quaid for the love of God.

Bruce Greenwood or hell Robert Redford would make a great Alan Scott. Too bad Paul Newman isn't alive.

Wesley Dodds
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah, Redford's my favourite for the role but I don't see him doing it.

rdh007
07-21-2009, 03:19 PM
yeah, redford's my favourite for the role but i don't see him doing it.

qft

littlerivers
07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
How about the Rocketeer himself, Billy Campbell?

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/Numbers/4400/season1_2_3/4400-billy-campbell1.jpg

SsM
07-21-2009, 04:58 PM

I would rather have Ryan Reynolds use makeup to look older and be his own father than have DC anywhere near this.

Billy Campbell would be Totally acceptable for me!

Polux
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
I liked the idea of Quaid as Martin Jordan, but I think Iīd be perfectly happy with Nathan Fillion as Martin Jordan and Dennis Quaid as Allan Scott :woot:.

Oh, by the way, I havenīt read the script, but how much Allan Scott do we get there and is he a former GL or something ? Please answer in spoiler tags, thanx.

Polux

StorminNorman
07-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Nathan Fillion would be the smart choice for WB. It works both as solid casting, and fan service.

Doctor Jones
07-21-2009, 08:59 PM
The last we saw od Campbell he was redesigning his own trailer on the travel channel...

Yeah, that man is going places...

SsM
07-21-2009, 09:07 PM
The last we saw od Campbell he was redesigning his own trailer on the travel channel...

Last time I saw him he was on The O.C. ....

bunk
07-21-2009, 09:10 PM

Well, yeah now that he has a fancy new trailer.

Jeeyell
07-21-2009, 11:30 PM
I would've loved seeing Dennis Quaid playing the cameo of Martin Jordan. But I just realized, Martin's supposed to be in his late 20s or early 30s since Hal would be just a kid during Martin's scenes. So my pick would be:

Nate Fillion

I'm a big fan of Nate but I honestly don't think he'd the best choice. But then again, since Martin's role would be more like a cameo, it doesn't need to be the perfect fit. So why not use Nate then since he was one of the biggest fan choices? I'd like to think it would please most of the fans.

Or

Would they be able to CGI Dennis Quaid to look younger? It'd only be for a few minutes.

StorminNorman
07-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Why in the world would you CGI Dennis Quaid over casting another actor?

I mean if it was someone of note whose addition to the cast would matter, I could understand it.

But Dennis ****ing Quaid? Are you kidding me?

Jeeyell
07-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Why in the world would you CGI Dennis Quaid over casting another actor?

I mean if it was someone of note whose addition to the cast would matter, I could understand it.

But Dennis ****ing Quaid? Are you kidding me?

No offense, I should've made it more obvious, but that was a joke. Cheers.

Webhead2006
07-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Yea it counts on how old they want the character to be, once we know that its easier to see who would be logical picks.

protocida
07-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Don't you say an unkind word about General Hawk, Norman! :o

I'd go with Nathan Fillion.

ZIPBAGS
07-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Billy Campbell was just in the suckfest that was NBC's "Meteor" last week.

Dennis Quaid is Alan Scott

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/Alan_scott-ross.jpg
http://www.geekshow.us/wp/wp-content/uploads/DennisQuaid.jpg

Doctor Jones
07-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Please God no. Him and Kevin Costner turn gold concepts into ****.

SsM
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
What's up with all the Dennis Quaid hate?

Octoberist
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
he ran over my dog!

Wesley Dodds
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah! Leave the Quaid alone!

Doctor Jones
07-22-2009, 05:09 PM
What's up with all the Dennis Quaid hate?

Well, he's better than Costner anyway. It just that when Quiad delivers his lines it's just so damn cheesy. He arches his eyebrows and frowns.

Eddie Dean
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Come on now. Innerspace was awesome.

Wesley Dodds
07-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Dennis Quaid awesomeness:

1. Innerspace

2. The Big Easy

3. Traffic

4. Wyatt Earp

5. Wilder Napalm

6. Far From Heaven

7. Enemy Mine

Jones, you're insane.

SsM
07-22-2009, 05:20 PM
His new movie looks interesting, as well.

dnno1
07-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Come on now. Innerspace was awesome.

He was good in a lot of other films too, like Frequency, Wyatt Earp, and Breaking Away. I wonder if some folks are judging him because he will be playing former President, Bill Clinton in the film The Special Relationship?

Polux
07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
And no one told me how much Allan Scott we get in the movie....:csad:

Polux

protocida
07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Alan is USA's defense secretary and director of a secret organization focused in extraordinary threats to Earth. He used a power ring in the past, but it didn't belonged to him, so, the Guardians took it from him. He befriended Abin Sur and, from times to times, called him using an alien comunicator to help protect Earth. He smokes a pipe. He first appears uncovering Abin Sur's corpse in the desert, while investingating the crashing of Abin's spaceship. Worried of what could've killed Abin and stolen his ring (Who actually was passed to Hal Jordan), he enlists the first forensic scientist he can find (Hector Hammond). During the autopsy, Hammond touches an Legion (Abin Sur's murderer) piece and receives mental powers. Alan sends Hector back to his home, without revealing the location of their base, and exposes rats to Legion's radiation, confirming it evolves them, driving them mad. Later on, he tries to stop Hector, who attacked a SmithSonian Aerospacial museum beneficent party held by his father, and him and his men end up fighting Hammond until Green Lantern shows up and saves them. Alan and his men go away. After Hal comes back Earth helped by the Green Lantern Corps to fight an unstoppable Hammond, Alan is forced to reveal the existence of the Corps, only know to the government until them, to the public in a worldwide TV broadcast. Hal tracks him down after watching the broadcast and they talk. Alan tells Hal his story and hands him Abin's communicator, promising to call him if something bad happens. He encourages Hal to train with Sinestro and travel the Universe and seeing it wonders.

Polux
07-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Alan is USA's defense secretary and director of a secret organization focused in extraordinary threats to Earth. He used a power ring in the past, but it didn't belonged to him, so, the Guardians took it from him. He befriended Abin Sur and, from times to times, called him using an alien comunicator to help protect Earth. He smokes a pipe. He first appears uncovering Abin Sur's corpse in the desert, while investingating the crashing of Abin's spaceship. Worried of what could've killed Abin and stolen his ring (Who actually was passed to Hal Jordan), he enlists the first forensic scientist he can find (Hector Hammond). During the autopsy, Hammond touches an Legion (Abin Sur's murderer) piece and receives mental powers. Alan sends Hector back to his home, without revealing the location of their base, and exposes rats to Legion's radiation, confirming it evolves them, driving them mad. Later on, he tries to stop Hector, who attacked a SmithSonian Aerospacial museum beneficent party held by his father, and him and his men end up fighting Hammond until Green Lantern shows up and saves them. Alan and his men go away. After Hal comes back Earth helped by the Green Lantern Corps to fight an unstoppable Hammond, Alan is forced to reveal the existence of the Corps, only know to the government until them, to the public in a worldwide TV broadcast. Hal tracks him down after watching the broadcast and they talk. Alan tells Hal his story and hands him Abin's communicator, promising to call him if something bad happens. He encourages Hal to train with Sinestro and travel the Universe and seeing it wonders.

Mmmm...so we could say he has a somehow substantial part...well, thank you very much Proto...even tho I just wanted to know if he was just a cameo and i think now I know more that I wouldīve wanted to....aww man...:csad:

Polux

SsM
07-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Ha, be careful what you wish for.

protocida
07-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Sorry, Pollux. :hehe:

Polux
07-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Iīll unleash my sexy revenge upon you !!! :cmad:

:hehe:

Polux

protocida
07-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Err... No, thanks. :hehe:

Wesley Dodds
07-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Personally, i've always felt there's nowhere near enough sexy revenge on these boards.

SsM
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think there is any sexy revenge on the HYPE, it's PG-13 guys :P

Polux
07-22-2009, 07:23 PM
If your revenge isnīt sexy, then it ainīt no payback ! :o

Polux

SsM
07-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, this thread has certainly taken a turn into the Twilight Zone.

protocida
07-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Where's the Gremlin wrecking my HD?

Wesley Dodds
07-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Evil Star's taken them all... Wow... That joke was nerdy even for me.

BobJM
07-25-2009, 11:02 AM
anyway...

david duchovny for martin jordan

BobJM
07-25-2009, 11:02 AM
edit.

Wesley Dodds
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
David Duchovny?

That's an unusual choice. What makes you say that?

Webhead2006
07-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Yea why would you pick him, i like his acting.

Wesley Dodds
07-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I like him too. Especially, in Californication and Fox Mulder's a legend but he doesn't immediately come to mind for this character.

Dark Knight
07-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Nathan Fillion as Martin Jordan would be great to see!

Wesley Dodds
07-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah, He's definitely the best choice.

rdh007
08-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Having read some Green Lantern (Rebirth, Secret Origins, and Emerald Dawn, which is the first comic book I've read), I'm now at peace with Fillion as Martin Jordan.

cerealkiller182
08-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Nathan Fillion cast as Martin jordan would be like an easter egg. I would definitely like it. Duchovony is a very intriguing choice as well. I could see it.

StanLee Wannabe
08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I swear to God. Fillion fans think he's supposed to be in every role ever created. The guy's great, for sure, but holy hell. I'm loving him on the tv show "Castle".

As for a young Martin, it should be someone with some gravity AND fun: That guy from Supernatural would be awesome, uhm Jared Padalecki. Or Michael Weatherly from CSI. Of course I'd have preferred one of them be GL....

only because I really really wanted Reynolds to be The Fastest Man Alive.

cerealkiller182
08-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I swear to God. Fillion fans think he's supposed to be in every role ever created. The guy's great, for sure, but holy hell. I'm loving him on the tv show "Castle".

As for a young Martin, it should be someone with some gravity AND fun: That guy from Supernatural would be awesome, uhm Jared Padalecki. Or Michael Weatherly from CSI. Of course I'd have preferred one of them be GL....

only because I really really wanted Reynolds to be The Fastest Man Alive.

The only role that I have actually seen Fillion suggested for A LOT is Hal Jordan, and because he won't be Hal it would be nice to see him play Martin in most peoples eyes (and I tend to agree) because its not a secret that he has been a fan favorite. If you want to talk about fans who think an actor(s) should be in every role those 2 kids from Supernatural get suggested for every 20 something white male superhero.

StanLee Wannabe
08-02-2009, 06:33 PM
LOL. I'm the first one I've EVER seen nominate them for anything. Meanwhile I've seen Fillion be nominated for Batman villains, Superman villains, and a thousand other non-superhero roles.

cerealkiller182
08-02-2009, 06:40 PM
LOL. I'm the first one I've EVER seen nominate them for anything. Meanwhile I've seen Fillion be nominated for Batman villains, Superman villains, and a thousand other non-superhero roles.

You are kidding right? Apparently you havnt explored SSH that much.

I have only seen Fillion up for Green Lantern and for a time by a few a while back as Captain America

While the other 2 I have seen being seriously discussed for Captain America and Hawkeye

While Ackles has also been seriously discussed for Cyclops and Green Lantern, and Padelecki for Superman and Thor(which is the oddest one)

I cant even think of Batman or Superman villain that Fillion could even excel at except maybe Two-Face which would have been a moot point for sometime now.

StanLee Wannabe
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Pulling the newbie card? Well yeah, I've been around for awhile. Don't let the post count fool you. I lost my old name awhile back and rejoined.

Apparently you havent been on a few other forum boards where Fillion is pushed at every role in existence. SHH isn't the whole internet ;)

And you're right, he doesnt fit TF or other villians, which is why I haven't joined in the throngs voting for him.

I still don't think he'd make a good Hal anyway just based on looks. But hey, I think the guy's got great acting chops...and he'd be better than Duchovny. I've grown up around the AF and see short pilots all the time, but something just doesnt sit right for me with Duch either.

cerealkiller182
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Pulling the newbie card? Well yeah, I've been around for awhile. Don't let the post count fool you. I lost my old name awhile back and rejoined.

when did I say newbie. Im only saying that if you go to any given thread around here you will see the supernatual kids names plastered all over the place.

Apparently you havent been on a few other forum boards where Fillion is pushed at every role in existence. SHH isn't the whole internet ;)

No I havent but you can't just say an actor is up for every role when its at an entirely different internet community (lack of a better word) that I may or in this case may not have known about without referencing that other community. I would only naturally think you were talking about this one. This community pretty much has a fanbase that pushed for Fillion exclusively for Hal Jordan

protocida
08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Martin is supposed to be mid-40's.

Wesley Dodds
08-03-2009, 12:21 AM
First of all, it's not like Martin Jordan's age is SO important that they have to rigidly stick to it. Secondly, even if they do, Fillion can pull off mid-forties...

Yeesh. First he's too old for this movie, now he's too young! Poor old Nate just can't catch a break!

protocida
08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
He can always be Jack.

Wesley Dodds
08-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Sure, but if he's Martin he still gets to wear the bomber jacket.

protocida
08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
:hehe:

Webhead2006
08-03-2009, 02:54 PM
when do you guys think we might hear of supporting roles officially cast.

SsM
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Considering how long we waited for Hal? A while.

Webhead2006
08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
hopefully not, with ryan now in the picture, and filming isnt due to start to around jan hopefully the other players can come in quickly and not happen like at last minute.

Wesley Dodds
08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Now, Reynolds is in place it shouldn't take too long...

Spider-Fan83
08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
how about, David-Boreanaz for Martin
(though, I think his name gets mentioned way to much amongst fan casting, I think this is a role he might actually fit)
plus, he did do the voice over for Hal in JL:The New Frontier, so, it'd be like an easter egg kinda appearance

protocida
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Nah.

Wesley Dodds
08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Actually, i'd really like it if all of the fan favourite picks for Jordan were given other, smaller but important roles... Fillion can be Martin and Boreanez can be Tomar-Re...

protocida
08-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Please, No.

Wesley Dodds
08-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Ha!

Why not?

protocida
08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Boreanaz as Tomar-Re wouldn't be good. If Boreanaz MUST be in it, put him as one of the Jordans.

Wesley Dodds
12-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Bump

.: The Cal :.
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I agree that Boreanaz should be Mr. Jordan. :D

DannyDreg
12-07-2009, 11:28 PM
http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84566638.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DIWSAsset%26k%3D2%26d%3D 17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261ED97BBC24465ECACB0 1E70F2B3269972&usg=AFQjCNFgY8vsWV0MKljvQWs-rXj07d8WUQ
Well according to this entry on his twitter (http://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/5983663645) account Kevin Sorbo has met with the producers of The Green Lantern movie on Nov.23rd.

IMHO, he isn't a big enough name to cast in a role such as Sinestro (Hugo Weaving, please WB).

However he does have a pretty good following due to Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Andromeda, so maybe he'd be a good fit for the flashback scenes.

Webhead2006
12-07-2009, 11:53 PM
yea was mentioned not to long ago to have been talking, we will have to wait and see what happens there.

Octoberist
12-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Kevin would probably be 'Extra 23' or 'Thug #2'

Webhead2006
12-08-2009, 01:10 AM
well he is still pretty well known in the scifi/fantasy community i think he could at least score a decent role/supporting role if he was hired.

Octoberist
12-08-2009, 01:19 AM
god I hope not.

Webhead2006
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
why not octoberist?

Changeling
12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Cuz hes failsauce

Octoberist
12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Kevin Sorbo stinks of straight to DVD movies and cheesy TV shows, it's not even funny. Maybe when he was still doing Hercules, he probably could have done this but not now.

Webhead2006
12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
ok, well it probably wont even matter for all we know he could not be in the film at all.

Octoberist
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
personally, i think either people will make fun of his casting or just don't care, if he was cast.

Webhead2006
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
well if he was cast in any type of role i have nothing bad to say towards him.

Wesley Dodds
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84566638.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DIWSAsset%26k%3D2%26d%3D 17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261ED97BBC24465ECACB0 1E70F2B3269972&usg=AFQjCNFgY8vsWV0MKljvQWs-rXj07d8WUQ
Well according to this entry on his twitter (http://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/5983663645) account Kevin Sorbo has met with the producers of The Green Lantern movie on Nov.23rd.

IMHO, he isn't a big enough name to cast in a role such as Sinestro (Hugo Weaving, please WB).

However he does have a pretty good following due to Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Andromeda, so maybe he'd be a good fit for the flashback scenes.

Euch! Unless Sorbo has started a catering company and wants to supply the sandwiches, he has no business meeting the producers... :hehe:

Man of Tomorrow
12-10-2009, 11:14 AM
So who could play Ryan Reynolds' father?

Cary Elwes.

There's a resemblence.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000144/

http://www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/actores/cary_elwes/fotos/3203/cary_elwes.jpg

http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2006-02/22114433.JPG?title=Cary+Elwes

CaptainGenerica
12-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Carey Elwes is too old isn't he?

Scratch that, he's only late-40s. He looked older in Saw (that's when I last saw him).

DannyDreg
12-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't think the age thing really matters, seeing the part is only for flashback scenes.

Good casting suggestion, Man Of Tomorrow! There def is a resemblance between Reynolds & Elwes.

Webhead2006
12-10-2009, 04:47 PM
yea wouldnt he only be in like 30s range since he is dying when hal is young if thats still in the scirpt.

Wesley Dodds
01-16-2010, 07:56 AM
doublepost.

Wesley Dodds
01-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Elwes'd be good but i sort've have a hard time taking him seriously after the end of Saw... Every time i see the guy these days all I hear is "MOLLL-EEEEE! MOLLL-EEEE! MOLLLLLLL-EEEEEEEEEE! MOLLY?"

I'm still for Nathan Fillion. He's perfect for te role AND it would be a nice nod to us fans who wanted to see him as Hal...

protocida
01-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Michael Fassbender.

'Nuff said.

protocida
01-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi, I'm a Double Post.

Wesley Dodds
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Michael Fassbender.

'Nuff said.

fassbander is too good an actor for a cameo like this... Save him for a sequel, then give him a proper role.

Fassbender as Black Hand in GL 2 would be fantastic!

protocida
01-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Martin Jordan appears troughout the movie in Flashbacks and demands a great actor. Fassbender would be perfect. Also, he's just wrong for Black Hand.

Blackman
01-16-2010, 08:39 AM
David Boreanaz. He's a huge fan of GL, has a pretty decent fanboy and GA fanbase, and he was the inspiration for the concept art

Martin Jordan appears troughout the movie in Flashbacks and demands a great actor. Fassbender would be perfect. Also, he's just wrong for Black Hand.
He does? I remember that he appeared at the beginning and basically appears not even twice in the rest of the film. You don't need a great actor

and Fassbender would do fine as Black Hand

Wesley Dodds
01-16-2010, 08:39 AM
How exactly is he wrong?

Wesley Dodds
01-16-2010, 08:40 AM
David Boreanaz. He's a huge fan of GL, has a pretty decent fanboy and GA fanbase, and he was the inspiration for the concept art

He should be one of Hals bro's, I think... he and reynolds even look a little alike.

protocida
01-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Black Hand is supposed to be a ugly, thin, creepy, repulsive man. Fassbender doesn't fit the bill. We need an actor that can pull off disturbing, like Joseph-Gordon Levitt, whom you suggested in another thread.

Blackman
01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
You know actors can change their appearances

Wesley Dodds
01-16-2010, 08:50 AM
He's ugly and thin in Hunger and he can act Creepy and repulsive... that is part of his job, afterall.

but yeah, he's not my first choice for Black hand...That goes to Joseph Gordon levitt.

protocida
01-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Joseph Gordon levitt.
GENIUS! :woot:

Wesley Dodds
01-16-2010, 08:56 AM
GENIUS! :woot:

Yeah, screw The Joker... :hehe:
This is the villain he was born to play. :up:

Project862006
01-16-2010, 01:38 PM
what about Joel Gretsch

http://z.about.com/d/tvdramas/1/0/z/9/joelgretsch.jpg

Antonello Blueberry
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Martin Donovan
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0233027/

Blackman
01-16-2010, 02:20 PM
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu50/Fannboi/People/david-boreanaz.jpg

Doctor Jones
01-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Jeez, I don't think we need anyone recognizeable with fanboy cred for the role. These people are too much for Hal's father. I always imagined him to look normal.

cerealkiller182
01-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Jeez, I don't think we need anyone recognizeable with fanboy cred for the role. These people are too much for Hal's father. I always imagined him to look normal.

Boreanaz and Fillion and what not dont look normal too you?

I think it would be a nice nod to have someone with fanboy cred play Martin. And they are definitely not too much for Martin. MOst are almost exclusively seen on television

Project862006
01-16-2010, 02:51 PM
i think he means we dont need someone so high profile to play the role the guy is dead lol is in flashbacks only

cerealkiller182
01-16-2010, 02:56 PM
i think he means we dont need someone so high profile to play the role the guy is dead lol is in flashbacks only

Right, and I said they arnt really that high profile

Project862006
01-16-2010, 03:11 PM
they are when fanboys want to cast them in many different roles

cerealkiller182
01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
they are when fanboys want to cast them in many different roles

The number of times there name gets name-dropped around here means nothing of their actual validity or height of profile for the role of Martin jordan

Doctor Jones
01-16-2010, 03:59 PM
BUt it has to be meaningful to make it work. Someone like Fillion or Boreanouz being put in flashbacks will only be like "Hey, that's Fillion/Boreanouz, he was going to play GL but is playing his father instead! Cool!"

I wouldn't be concerned with casting just because to give wink to fans. It's a little too much. Cast someone who will be the most meaningful where we could take away from it. We didn't see Guy Pearce playing Thomas Wayne in BB did we?

cerealkiller182
01-16-2010, 04:02 PM
BUt it has to be meaningful to make it work. Someone like Fillion or Boreanouz being put in flashbacks will only be like "Hey, that's Fillion/Boreanouz, he was going to play GL but is playing his father instead! Cool!"

I wouldn't be concerned with casting just because to give wink to fans. It's a little too much. Cast someone who will be the most meaningful where we could take away from it. We didn't see Guy Pearce playing Thomas Wayne in BB did we?

Fillion and Boreanaz werent going to play Green Lantern, just a few people wanted them too. If BRadley Cooper ended up playing Martin Jordan than that might be weird. Guy Pearce playing Thomas Wayne wouldnt make Thomas Waynes appearances any less meaningful.

Fillion and Boreanaz are very capable actors. I would argue they are more suited for this role than GL in the first place anyway.

Doctor Jones
01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
I believe there isn't one casting thread on every comic book forum site on the internet where there isn't still a mention of Fillion or Boraneouz for something. Especially GL.

All I'm saying is do what's right for the story. Don't constantly think about pleasing the fans by including wink after wink. Something I thought the first draft had too much of. Just tell a good story. You can have fun with it, but don't go Agustus Gloop in Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory with it.

cerealkiller182
01-16-2010, 05:08 PM
I believe there isn't one casting thread on every comic book forum site on the internet where there isn't still a mention of Fillion or Boraneouz for something. Especially GL.

I still do not see what this matters at all.

All I'm saying is do what's right for the story. Don't constantly think about pleasing the fans by including wink after wink. Something I thought the first draft had too much of. Just tell a good story. You can have fun with it, but don't go Agustus Gloop in Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory with it.

its not like Fillion or Boreanaz have to be up for the role, the reasons against it are just stupid. Im not saying its gonna be a big dissapointment if they dont get it, but to discredit them because they have vocal fans is assinine.

Sub-Zero
01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
it's not really a huge role. i mean it'll probably be a few minutes in the beginning, or a flashback at best. they could hire anyone. known or unknown. if they're going a little older, i'd go with bruce greenwood. it really doesn't matter. are hal's brothers going to be in the movie too? there should be a thread for those roles.

i guess the argument at hand is why not cast someone the fans wanted? the fans wanted michael keaton to play thomas wayne in batman begins, and didn't want the music from the burton batman to go away. then people were mad that they kept the same music from donner superman for superman returns. you can't please fans because they don't all want the same thing. as far as anyone knows the only people "up" for green lantern that didn't get the role were jack black(not for the martin campbell movie), justin timberlake, and bradley cooper. i for one do not want to see any of those "contenders" in the movie at all fillion and boreanaz included.

Webhead2006
01-19-2010, 03:12 AM
Cant wait to see who they decide to go for martin jordan.

Authorize
01-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I know he's going for Sinestro, but what if Mark Strong was in this role? Yes, it would be a very different role for him, but I would like to see what he can do as a father figure.

Octoberist
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
but he would be in the movie for..less than 5 minutes. For a character actor like that, it's not so much how demanding it is but the screen time.

Avengers-Report
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Have they starting filming yet, whats the delay?

BojacRedleif
01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Have they starting filming yet, whats the delay?

The proper term is called "Pre-Production" :cwink:

And here's my Martin Jordan.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8167/blairpollhamillt.jpg :awesome:

Webhead2006
01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
yea there isnt no current delay they are still in preproduction stage of the movie and filming doesnt officially pickup to march.

Octoberist
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
march 10th to be exact

Authorize
04-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Jon Tenney is Martin Jordan

http://images.zap2it.com/movies/people/33776/33776_h_ba.jpg

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/12/green-lantern-the-closer-jon-tenney-hal-jordand-in-green-lantern/ (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64963)

Webhead2006
04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
yea SHH made the scoop, i cant wait to see how he plays the role. HE is a good actor.

Retroman
04-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Anyone remember him from Lois and Clark? He's actually a consistently solid performer on The Closer which is a show i try to catch when it's on tv.:up:

Interestingly, Tenney's co-star Corey Reynolds is a huge comic book fan ( particularly DC Comics) who once pitched a Green Lantern movie to WB before Greg Berlanti landed the gig. He also expressed a serious interest in playing Jon Stewart so i wonder how this news will go down?:hehe:

Wesley Dodds
04-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Cant say I've ever seen him in anything but he certainly looks the part.

Who was he in Lois And Clark, Retroman?

Webhead2006
04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
he played a kryptonian solider guy in season 3 last few episodes when they were doing a whole new krypton storyline.

Wesley Dodds
04-20-2010, 05:33 PM
he played a kryptonian solider guy in season 3 last few episodes when they were doing a whole new krypton storyline.

Ah yeah, I remember that storyline. Cheers!:up:

Webhead2006
04-21-2010, 12:10 AM
yea i actually liked it myself. Though alot of crap in season 3 and 4 of that show were totally crap. But as for the actor he was pretty cool as the character he was. So i cant wait to see how he turns out as martin.