PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery of The Malaysia Airlines Flight 370...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

charl_huntress
03-13-2014, 01:32 PM
The Wall Street Journal is not a tabloid. I assume it sourced all this. Although with all the retractions and misinformation in this cluster**** of a story, I can't say anything with 100% certainty.

But yes, engine data is logged.Yes, engine data is logged, but info is not sent "real time". I didn't read the article, but I doubt any reports that says the plane sent "live"/real time data.

No one is forgetting anything.

You realize this has NEVER happened before right? It is a bizarre as hell case in every way!!!

Almost every time before they found plane debris.

I realize the ocean is vast(Trust me you don't need to preach to someone well aware of this fact) I think even experts are shocked with the lack of concrete debris floating already.
It hasn't happened recently, but stuff has disappeared at sea plenty of times. I think people are forgetting that we haven't mastered everything on planet earth.

Marvolo
03-13-2014, 01:39 PM
It hasn't happened recently, but stuff has disappeared at sea plenty of times. I think people are forgetting that we haven't mastered everything on planet earth.

The schooner Mary Celeste is a famous disappearance. The ship left New York and was found near the Strait of Gibraltor.

The Mary Celeste was in seaworthy condition and still under sail heading toward the Strait of Gibraltar. She had been at sea for a month and had more than six months' worth of food and water on board. Her cargo was virtually untouched and the crew's personal belongings including valuables were still in place. None of those on board were ever seen or heard from again and their disappearance is often cited as the greatest maritime mystery of all time. We still dont know what happened.

CosmicPinchy
03-13-2014, 01:45 PM
The schooner Mary Celeste is a famous disappearance. The ship left New York and was found near the Strait of Gibraltor.

The Mary Celeste was in seaworthy condition and still under sail heading toward the Strait of Gibraltar. She had been at sea for a month and had more than six months' worth of food and water on board. Her cargo was virtually untouched and the crew's personal belongings including valuables were still in place. None of those on board were ever seen or heard from again and their disappearance is often cited as the greatest maritime mystery of all time. We still dont know what happened.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

craigdbfan
03-13-2014, 01:47 PM
The White House is now saying they have indications that the plane is somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Apparently a search is being started there...

charl_huntress
03-13-2014, 01:48 PM
A mystery for the ages. If they don't find this plane then it will be another one for the legend books and mystery seekers.

CosmicPinchy
03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
A mystery for the ages. If they don't find this plane then it will be another one for the legend books and mystery seekers.

Don't forget the conspiracy theorists.

Marvolo
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

Thank you for posting the link.:)

CosmicPinchy
03-13-2014, 01:52 PM
That ship is an odd one.

The sea, she is mighty dangerous.

Hal_Jordan
03-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Don't forget the conspiracy theorists.

They are already all over this. Even if they do find the plane, at this point the conspiracy theorists will just say it's a fake plane. So we're pretty much stuck with their nonsense no matter what.

Teelie
03-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Or that the plane was "planted" where ever it gets found. Once an idea like that takes seed it's hard to root it out.

(wow, that was a lot of unintended gardening puns)

Marvolo
03-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Or that the plane was "planted" where ever it gets found. Once an idea like that takes seed it's hard to root it out.

(wow, that was a lot of unintended gardening puns)

Planted and filled with kadavers. What would Charles Widmore do?:hehe:

Marvolo
03-13-2014, 04:32 PM
NEW SEARCH SITE: INDIAN OCEAN?
It's my understanding that based on some new information that's not necessarily conclusive - but new information - an additional search area may be opened in the Indian Ocean," White House spokesman Jay Carney said. "And we are consulting with international partners about the appropriate assets to deploy."
http://huff.to/1go1OeQ

Clearly the US consideres the engine data to be relevant regardless of what Malaysia's minister saying about it being inaccurate.

SuperJediHero
03-13-2014, 07:16 PM
So the US is ignoring Malaysia's denial

Morg
03-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Malaysia I saw was using a witch doctor to help find the plane :rolleyes:

Burgundy LaRue
03-13-2014, 07:24 PM
This is becoming even crazier, as if that was possible--

Two U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down at 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m.

This indicates it may well have been a deliberate act, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

U.S. investigators told ABC News that the two modes of communication were "systematically shut down."

That means the U.S. team "is convinced that there was manual intervention," a source said, which means it was likely not an accident or catastrophic malfunction that took the plane out of the sky.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=22894802 (http://abcnews.go.com/International/malaysia-airliner-pinging-indication-crashed-indian-ocean/story?id=22894802)

Marvolo
03-13-2014, 07:24 PM
So the US is ignoring Malaysia's denial

Not so much. They are just taking Boeing's word over Malaysia's. Considering Boeing is a major manufacturer and business in the US and the fact that it is a Boeing plane that went missing Im not surprised. Boeing has more credibility.

Superman Prime
03-13-2014, 07:30 PM

To expound on Morg's post...

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1447159/video-chinese-ridicule-malaysias-recruitment-witch-doctor-track-missing

Chinese internet users have mocked reports that the Malaysian government invited a witch doctor to help look for the missing plane.
Malaysian media reported that Ibrahim Mat Zin, a famous bomoh (shaman) also known as the Raja Bomoh Sedunia Nujum VIP, performed a prayer at Kuala Lumpur's airport on Monday to help locate flight MH370, allegedly at the invitation of one of the country's top leaders.

"I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea," he was quoted by Free Malaysia Today as saying.
Cynical weibo users ridiculed the conclusion. "Wow, that is exactly what I think too," one wrote, a sentiment shared by many.
One user who claimed to be Malaysian wrote: "I feel so ashamed as a Malaysian for the first time, not because of any wrongdoing on Malaysia's part but for having a brainless prime minister." The message concluded: "Stop losing Malaysia's face!"

Mike_D202
03-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Malaysia Airlines Expands Investigation To Include General Scope Of Space, Time

http://www.theonion.com/articles/malaysian-airlines-expands-investigation-to-includ,35524/?ref=auto

Morg
03-13-2014, 07:35 PM
The Onion a satire site you know?

Mike_D202
03-13-2014, 07:42 PM
The Onion a satire site you know?

Yes I know :oldrazz:

Superman Prime
03-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Malaysia Airlines Expands Investigation To Include General Scope Of Space, Time

http://www.theonion.com/articles/malaysian-airlines-expands-investigation-to-includ,35524/?ref=auto

I am proud of them.

Farren
03-13-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure that ABC has things quite right with this:

"The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down at 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m."

If the "data reporting system" is the ACARS one, it might not have been"shut down" at 1:07. It might just be that 1:07 was it's last time of transmission. ACARS does not constantly send data. I'm still trying to research this though.

Maximus One
03-13-2014, 10:06 PM
"Additionally, the airline confirmed it had expanded its active search area to include a several-hundred-square-mile zone in the Indian Ocean as well as each of the seven or 22 additional spatial dimensions posited by string theory."

:lmao:

Thundercrack85
03-13-2014, 10:07 PM
I think Malaysia has clearly demonstrated that it has no idea what the hell it is doing.

Thundercrack85
03-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Frederick Valentich, anyone? Seriously. Look that up if it doesn't ring a bell.

Or Felix Moncla.

Anita18
03-13-2014, 10:12 PM
"Additionally, the airline confirmed it had expanded its active search area to include a several-hundred-square-mile zone in the Indian Ocean as well as each of the seven or 22 additional spatial dimensions posited by string theory."

:lmao:
That's actually half-true, which is sad. :funny: Masterful again, by The Onion.

Maximus One
03-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Man, technically the whole damn article is true. Or, in theory lol

Pink Ranger
03-13-2014, 10:15 PM
I know this is a tragic plane crash that killed hundreds of innocent people, but it is getting harder and harder not to make jokes about this gong show going on right now.

Superman Prime
03-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Frederick Valentich, anyone? Seriously. Look that up if it doesn't ring a bell.

Or Felix Moncla.

You introduced me to the Valentich case the other day. Bizarre stuff!

That man had to have been SERIOUSLY disoriented for some of those theories to hold water.

Maximus One
03-13-2014, 10:21 PM
I never see jokes as a bad thing. It's sad that people are missing and possibly dead. Jokes make people smile and laugh and forget about the horrors of real life however fleeting or momentary. It's only wrong when its like, at the expense of others. Like when somebody is joking to be mean or cruel

Thundercrack85
03-13-2014, 10:27 PM
You introduced me to the Valentich case the other day. Bizarre stuff!

That man had to have been SERIOUSLY disoriented for some of those theories to hold water.

At least this case doesn't involve unidentified flying objects and strange last words. Felix Moncla's case is also very odd.

Anita18
03-13-2014, 10:28 PM
I know this is a tragic plane crash that killed hundreds of innocent people, but it is getting harder and harder not to make jokes about this gong show going on right now.
We need a term that means "hilarious and truly tragic at the same time." There must be something in German for this.

Thundercrack85
03-13-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't mean to make fun of anything. Except perhaps the terrible rescue attempts, and the ridiculousness of it all.

I mean, they can't even confirm which ocean it crashed in?

CosmicPinchy
03-13-2014, 10:33 PM
We need a term that means "hilarious and truly tragic at the same time." There must be something in German for this.

Schadenfreude?

But that's deriving pleasure from someone else's pain. Which, in this case, would be beyond evil.

Thundercrack85
03-13-2014, 10:34 PM
The absurdity of it all makes it unintentionally comical.

JJJ's Ulcer
03-13-2014, 10:38 PM
There's a difference between humor that makes light of the passengers or their plight (I find those LOST references made by internet posters and news anchors alike, not only hackneyed, but also disrespectful) and making fun of the complete incompetence of the authorities in finding this. The people in charge of locating this plane and its passengers should be shamed at all opportunities. So The Onion article is in good taste.

jmc
03-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Schadenfreude?

But that's deriving pleasure from someone else's pain. Which, in this case, would be beyond evil.

More like misfortune rather than pain I believe.

Anita18
03-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Schadenfreude?

I know schadenfreude, and it doesn't feel right in this situation.

Like, pleasure not because you're vengeful or mean, but because it's actually hilarious. But in a sad way.

The Daily Show and Colbert Report does this a lot too. :oldrazz:

There's a difference between humor that makes light of the passengers or their plight (I find those LOST references made by internet posters and news anchors alike, not only hackneyed, but also disrespectful) and making fun of the complete incompetence of the authorities in finding this. The people in charge of locating this plane and its passengers should be shamed at all opportunities. So The Onion article is in good taste.
Yup, I agree. The utter cluelessness over finding this plane is :doh:

Farren
03-13-2014, 10:53 PM
IA Schadenfreude isn't quite right in this case, but there MUST be a German word. There's a German word for everything. :yay:

Thundercrack85
03-13-2014, 11:05 PM
So, maybe a bit late to ask this, but do we know anything about the pilots?

Thundercrack85
03-14-2014, 01:37 AM
I wonder if any light will be shed on why the plane was going off course like that.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 02:55 AM
So, maybe a bit late to ask this, but do we know anything about the pilots?
I've only seen bits and pieces. The primary pilot had been worknig with the airline since the early 80's and had well over 30,000 hours of flight time so he's not a rookie. The other pilot I believe has a few thousand hours of flight time but has only been with the airline since the early 2000's. Still experienced enough he should know how to pilot the plane on his own.

Outside of that I don't know their names or histories.

And Malayasia is turning into a Benny Hill skit.

enterthemadness
03-14-2014, 03:21 AM
Well, this is BREAKING, but if true...

BREAKING: Reuters has reported that radar-tracking information suggests the missing plane was DELIBERATELY flown towards the Andaman Islands.
The islands are to the north west of Malaysia between the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-live-3231974#ixzz2vvJrpvWC
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=dndq0sFGyr34avadbi-bnq&u=DailyMirror) | DailyMirror on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=dndq0sFGyr34avadbi-bnq&u=DailyMirror)

Teelie
03-14-2014, 03:31 AM
After all the previous breaking-only-to-be-found-false news, I'm not going to believe it's true until more time and more thorough research is done.

craigdbfan
03-14-2014, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure if they will ever find this plane. Damn.

Mike_D202
03-14-2014, 04:26 AM
If the plane was stolen, I hope they spared the lives of the passengers and just stranded them somewhere.

JJJ's Ulcer
03-14-2014, 05:38 AM
If the plane was stolen, I hope they spared the lives of the passengers and just stranded them somewhere.

Probably not, sad to say. They'd see them as liabilities.

Although I still don't think it was stolen. At least I hope not. To what end would someone (or some group of people) steal a 777? That's a chilling thought.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 06:17 AM
I have a feeling... I TOLD YOU. Hijacking/Terrorism was always my #1 theory since the beginning about this.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 06:20 AM
Yeah the pilot was known to invited two HOT white girls into the cockpit they are known to be playboys. They don't seem to taking their job seriously.

titansupes
03-14-2014, 06:24 AM
^ Still just a theory/rumour, remember. This whole thing is so strange, every time a new theory crops up, people latch onto it, only to see it dismissed hours later.

And this is just us, people thankfully removed from the whole thing. Imagine how the investigators and especially the families must be feeling. :(

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 07:11 AM
I know one thing is after all this is done and over, and the truth comes out a lot of people will lose their jobs for being either incompetent or lying.

I mean for God's sake just look at these contradictions. At least about 4-5 of these...

The story would likely be a lot easier to solve if all the facts were correct instead of these contradictions.

DeadPresident
03-14-2014, 07:13 AM
I think the majority of the world has clearly demonstrated that it has no idea what the hell it is doing.

Closer to my estimation...But Malaysia too.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 07:15 AM
I think US knows better so much more... more competent.

So the Chinese satellite debris was completely false/made up?

the last son
03-14-2014, 07:23 AM
I haven't been following this story, but why take shots at the people searching? If it's so easy, find the plane yourself.

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 07:53 AM
I think US knows better so much more... more competent.

So the Chinese satellite debris was completely false/made up?

Well, the US is helping with the search and they haven't found the plane, either. So they clearly don't know so much more.

The US is more competent, but then so is the rest of the Western world. It's not exactly hard to be more competent than the Malaysians right now.

jacobed
03-14-2014, 08:12 AM
They're also helping with little to no information. It's like finding a needle in a haystack

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Helping isn't the same as be in charge though. Everyone knows that. Look, at this point it looks like hijacking is more likely than mechanical errors. The pilot did this, is possible too, but the stolen passports thing points to other terrorists. To me, that is what mostly adds up.

Mondragon
03-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Well, this is BREAKING, but if true...

Quote:
BREAKING: Reuters has reported that radar-tracking information suggests the missing plane was DELIBERATELY flown towards the Andaman Islands.
The islands are to the north west of Malaysia between the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...#ixzz2vvJrpvWC
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
That's also preceded by-
Reuters, citing unidentified sources familiar with the investigation, reported...

...and followed by-
Indian authorities own the only four airstrips in the region, he said.
"There is no chance, no such chance, that any aircraft of this size can come towards Andaman and Nicobel islands and land," he said.
The Malaysian government said Friday it can't confirm the report.
And a senior U.S. official on Thursday offered a conflicting account, telling CNN that "there is probably a significant likelihood" the plane is on the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

At this point news is just reporting anything so they have something to put on their front page.
Cause difficult search for plane in massive amounts ocean just continues, isn't enough of a headliner grabber and buzz-maker, for those starved to have something to say about it.

terry78
03-14-2014, 08:45 AM
I haven't been following this story, but why take shots at the people searching? If it's so easy, find the plane yourself.

Haha, never to be at a loss for the strawman, bro.

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Helping isn't the same as be in charge though. Everyone knows that. Look, at this point it looks like hijacking is more likely than mechanical errors. The pilot did this, is possible too, but the stolen passports thing points to other terrorists. To me, that is what mostly adds up.

You haven't been keeping up. The guys who stole the passports were young men likely trying to escape Iran.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26525281

And you have to stop thinking the US is the great problem solver and should hijack the investigation. Any country would be better than Malaysia at this point.

This investigation would benefit from numerous countries coming together, but unless Malaysia asks for it, no one can just come in and take over. That wouldn't make any sense and would completely undermine a country's sovereignty.

Pink Ranger
03-14-2014, 09:56 AM
This investigation would benefit from numerous countries coming together, but unless Malaysia asks for it, no one can just come in and take over. That wouldn't make any sense and would completely undermine a country's sovereignty.

So, that leaves only Russia then.

AnneFan
03-14-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure if they will ever find this plane. Damn.
I'm starting to think this as well.

There's so many theories we can imagine and they all have different implications and outcomes. As it stands, it's going to be difficult nailing the disappearance down to one definitive thing. It's hard to believe they cannot find it. As I type this, it is somewhere.

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 10:17 AM
So, that leaves only Russia then.

:funny:

In Mother Russia, airplane find you!

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 10:37 AM
You haven't been keeping up. The guys who stole the passports were young men likely trying to escape Iran.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26525281

And you have to stop thinking the US is the great problem solver and should hijack the investigation. Any country would be better than Malaysia at this point.

I go with what add up to, guys. People stole passports bought tickets at the same time doesn't add up with Everything we know so far.

You guys say it's not them, but if this hijacking or sabotage angle is true who else more suspicious?

Burgundy LaRue
03-14-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm starting to think this as well.

There's so many theories we can imagine and they all have different implications and outcomes. As it stands, it's going to be difficult nailing the disappearance down to one definitive thing. It's hard to believe they cannot find it. As I type this, it is somewhere.

That they keep increasing the square mileage of the plane's possible location is mystifying as this closes in on being a week old. It's around 38,500 sq miles right now--that's the size of Portugal, FFS.

MrMaooz
03-14-2014, 11:16 AM
I didn't care for this whole thing, but one day I just sat and thought about it. Pretty creepy stuff.

charl_huntress
03-14-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure if they will ever find this plane. Damn.I figured they may not find them after the first 48 hours. It's the equivalent of a missing or abducted child. The longer it stays missing the less likely the odds are of finding them.

I do think something fishy happened. The plane deviating off its flight path is unusual enough to warrant serious investigation.

Farren
03-14-2014, 12:27 PM
I think they'll find it. It's just a matter of time. With this much search and rescue at work I think the chances are good. Especially if it turns out they just haven't been looking in the right places.

charl_huntress
03-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Considering they don't even know where to look... It may be some time before they find anything.

Farren
03-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Considering they don't even know where to look... It may be some time before they find anything.true :word:

LuvSupes
03-14-2014, 01:15 PM
hopefully they are coordinated and systematic in their searching...what's worse then not searching in the right place is searching in the right place but missing it because it's wedged in somewhere hard to see.

Thundercrack85
03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
I have a feeling... I TOLD YOU. Hijacking/Terrorism was always my #1 theory since the beginning about this.

You were saying that with absolutely no evidence.

I still find it farfetched, but at this point, I suppose anything is possible.

Thundercrack85
03-14-2014, 01:37 PM
I figured they may not find them after the first 48 hours. It's the equivalent of a missing or abducted child. The longer it stays missing the less likely the odds are of finding them.

I do think something fishy happened. The plane deviating off its flight path is unusual enough to warrant serious investigation.

I'm no aviation expert or anything, but isn't it somebody's job to make sure big airplanes with hundreds of passengers fly on some kind of preplanned route? Or at least report it when said plane deviates completely off course.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Lithium Batteries?

Teelie
03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Adam Sandler movies.

I can make up random explanations with no reason too! :woot:

Pink Ranger
03-14-2014, 01:47 PM

When reached for comment, Prime Minister Najib Razak said: "Ooo, eee, ooo ah ah, ting tang, wallwallabingbang, ooo eee, ooo ah ah, tingtang wallawallabingbang!"

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 01:54 PM
You're all going to feel really stupid when that witch doctor ends up finding the plane :o

Pink Ranger
03-14-2014, 01:57 PM
You're all going to feel really stupid when that witch doctor ends up finding the plane :o

Well, at least we'd have our first member of the global Avengers Initiative.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 02:16 PM
I am not getting this Lithium Batteries breaking news. What led them to think this?

Superman Prime
03-14-2014, 02:24 PM
'Siesmic Event' Near Missing Jet Path is Normal
(http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/u-s-scientists-seismic-event-near-missing-jet-path-normal-n53061)
The “seismic event” that Chinese scientists detected close to where the missing Malaysia Airlines jet lost contact and said were consistent with a plane crash are “regularly occurring,” U.S. scientists said Friday.

U.S. Geological Survey analysts “have a different conclusion” than the University of Science and Technology of China, which said Friday morning (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/seismic-event-close-missing-jet-path-china-scientists-n52516): “It was a non-seismic zone, therefore judging from the time and location of the event, it might be related to the missing MH370 flight."

“The location coincides with a region of regularly occurring seismicity along the Sunda-Java trench,” according to a report by the USGS.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm not seeing anyone mention lithium batteries. The 787 has them but I don't believe the 777 does so it's meaningless.

Superman Prime
03-14-2014, 02:32 PM
To break it down...

CHINA: There was a seismic event in a non-seismic zone along the jet's path. The jet crashed somewhere thereabouts.

AMERICA: It IS a seismic zone. Little earthquakes are frequent there.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 02:38 PM
WOW contradiction to facts just keeps coming...

Why don't they just sonar that location to see if the plane is down there?

Teelie
03-14-2014, 02:41 PM
They have to get a boat out there with sonar equipped to do the job first.

Dr. Evil
03-14-2014, 02:42 PM
So in a basic nutshell...

No new news today? No evidence of the plane at all? Basically like the last several days?

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 02:43 PM
I hope it doesn't take them whole day to do that...

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Dr Evil: New Theories disguised as Breaking News...

Island
Lithium Batteries
etc

Pink Ranger
03-14-2014, 02:45 PM
I imagine they'll find a live sea serpent out there before they find the plane.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Elvis reincarnated as a giant sea serpent.

Hal_Jordan
03-14-2014, 03:16 PM
This is all just one big Godzilla promo...

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Say if the plane went to that island, refueled gas, then took off... wouldn't the plane's engine data/ping keep going to track this plane beyond that island landing?? Or is there any way to remove that part so it won't keep pinging or send engine data?

If it can, how long does the mechanical job take to remove it?

Farren
03-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Say if the plane went to that island, refueled gas, then took off... wouldn't the plane's engine data/ping keep going to track this plane beyond that island landing?? Or is there any way to remove that part so it won't keep pinging or send engine data?

If it can, how long does the mechanical job take to remove it?I believe the pings would continue (since there are reports that pinging DID continue long after the plane went missing). Not sure about the engine data though. I don't know if we (as in the general layman) have those answers, but they are good questions to ask. I'm trying to learn more about this and there doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity on it.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Nobody really knows about the pinging. Or much of anything else. There are so many contradictory and bizarre reports, claims and explanations I'm not sure anyone can rely on any information being released.

Rocketman
03-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Is it possible that it sunk to the bottom of the ocean intact, like, with no pieces or debris - it sunk whole? If so, there's NO WAY it'll ever be found, right? Why don't all planes have some sort of tracking device on them, that pinpoint the exact location? I don't get this whole thing at all.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 04:26 PM
The possibility of it sinking intact is unlikely. The speed it would be going even without the engines propelling it would cause it to break up into some pieces on impact meaning at least some floating debris.

Planes do have GPS, transponders and other means to locate and identify them but they can all be circumvented or disabled in some way. Pinpointing an exact location isn't feasible either considering all the variables like the speed, the satellite positions, the strength of the signal to/from the aircraft and so on.

Throw in the possibility it was intentionally silented for whatever reason and it's even harder to pinpoint.

Farren
03-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Nobody really knows about the pinging. Or much of anything else. There are so many contradictory and bizarre reports, claims and explanations I'm not sure anyone can rely on any information being released.I believe the pinging is legit. I think the problem is that no one (again no one like us laypeople in the public) is really sure what that means exactly in terms of drawing conclusions. For example, I don't know if it's possible to completely shut off the SATCOM (and thus the pinging) from inside the plane during flight.

Rocketman
03-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Not to sound morbid, but bodies will HAVE to start washing up on shores, right? And not just bodies... ANYTHING. It has to only be a matter of time.

And if we don't find a single physical trace of the thing, something is seriously spooky here. Like, it's the largest scale mystery of our time.

Doctor Evo
03-14-2014, 04:44 PM
The possibility of it sinking intact is unlikely. The speed it would be going even without the engines propelling it would cause it to break up into some pieces on impact meaning at least some floating debris.

Planes do have GPS, transponders and other means to locate and identify them but they can all be circumvented or disabled in some way. Pinpointing an exact location isn't feasible either considering all the variables like the speed, the satellite positions, the strength of the signal to/from the aircraft and so on.

Throw in the possibility it was intentionally silented for whatever reason and it's even harder to pinpoint.Are the signals propagated via electromagnetic waves? If so, those signals would potentially be stifled at sufficient depth.

Anita18
03-14-2014, 05:15 PM
Not to sound morbid, but bodies will HAVE to start washing up on shores, right? And not just bodies... ANYTHING. It has to only be a matter of time.

And if we don't find a single physical trace of the thing, something is seriously spooky here. Like, it's the largest scale mystery of our time.
Yes. But I'd say debris first, even if the plane was intact when it hit wherever it did. Parts of the wings would probably come off easily if it landed hard on water.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 05:28 PM
I have gleaned this from verifiable reports and skimming over Wikipedia articles and the like over the various ways an airplane can send and recieve signals and though I'm not any kind of expert on it I can assume a few things with certainty.

Obviously if the plane sinks into the ocean it will not hold up to the pressure (they are airplanes, not submarines afterall) so electronics will short out and everything will stop working eventually except the blackbox which is equipped to emit a signal that can be heard underwater in the event it sinks. I'm not sure to what depth those will work but they are built to withstand explosions and severe pressures so I am guessing pretty deep.

The supposed several hours of flight without any sort of transmission from the last recieved message is puzzling though. It has to have been deliberate or some kind of very bizarre, specific outage to just knock out their communcations system and yet leave the plane capable of being airborne. It doesn't take an expert to see how implausible that is.

Though I'm sure someone with a good conspiracy can tell us exactly how. :o

Thundercrack85
03-14-2014, 07:11 PM

Not necessarily. Plenty of planes have crashed with no bodies washing up.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Debris HAS to float, somewhere.

Donut
03-14-2014, 07:24 PM
If nothing shows up then clearly the plane never sunk right ?

Superman Prime
03-14-2014, 07:25 PM
If this was an accident, I think there's very little floating debris to be found. These are strange circumstances that call for strange explanations.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 07:44 PM

I think so, but if this is an unsuccessful dry run by Terrorists, they may even pickup the debris so others can't find any to find out their plot by finding the plane.

Pink Ranger
03-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Debris HAS to float, somewhere.

That sounds like an exceptionally poorly-timed sketch on the Late Show With David Letterman.

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 07:53 PM
I think so, but if this is an unsuccessful dry run by Terrorists, they may even pickup the debris so others can't find any to find out their plot by finding the plane.

There are conspiracy theories and then there is utter nonsense.

This doesn't even qualify as utter nonsense.

JJJ's Ulcer
03-14-2014, 08:41 PM

Just ..... stop. Please. You bring the whole thread down with this nonsense.

Doctor Evo
03-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Just ..... stop. Please. You bring the whole thread down with this nonsense.Hear, hear! :funny:

Superman Prime
03-14-2014, 08:47 PM
"Dry run" makes me think of anal sex without lubrication.

jmc
03-14-2014, 08:51 PM
An act of piracy perhaps? :wow:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/theories-that-missing-flight-mh370-is-the-victim-of-piracy-gain-momentum/story-fnizu68q-1226855511769

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 08:54 PM

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/theories-that-missing-flight-mh370-is-the-victim-of-piracy-gain-momentum/story-fnizu68q-1226855511769

That would be quite a feat. It would be impressive if it didn't result in the deaths of 200 people.

charl_huntress
03-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm no aviation expert or anything, but isn't it somebody's job to make sure big airplanes with hundreds of passengers fly on some kind of preplanned route? Or at least report it when said plane deviates completely off course.

To my understanding for commercial planes the flight path is pretty much set by the airlines. The goal is to the achieve the fastest and safest route to the destination. The pilots don't really fly at all. It's all on autopilot for the most part. You would think there would be some sort of signal that would be sent to someone if the plane deviates from its set course, but...I don't think there is. There's also a school of thought that says pilots rely on autopilot too much and in emergency situations are useless.

*shrugs*

During a normal flight, there's no way to know when your pilots are using computer-programmed automatic flight systems.

Some fear that airliner pilots rely too much on autopilot technology, saying that such a reliance leads to lack of practice and infrequent use of manual piloting skills. Experts have suggested this may have been a factor (http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/09/01/airlines.autopilot/)in the mysterious Atlantic crash of Air France Flight 447 from Brazil to Paris, which killed 228 passengers and crew.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/24/travel/autopilot-airlines/

jmc
03-14-2014, 08:58 PM
That would be quite a feat. It would be impressive if it didn't result in the deaths of 200 people.

Would be amazing if true. Latest word is the Andaman Islands in India was a possible destination, islands with an airport and which are apparently mostly uninhabited.

Rocketman
03-14-2014, 09:07 PM

So now we're getting into territory of the Bane prologue in The Dark Knight Rises.

jmc
03-14-2014, 09:12 PM
So now we're getting into territory of the Bane prologue in The Dark Knight Rises.

No debris, detection technology turning off mysteriously, satellites can't find anything, may seem improbable but at this point piracy is just as good a theory as any.

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 09:14 PM
No debris, detection technology turning off mysteriously, satellites can't find anything, may seem improbable but at this point piracy is just as good a theory as any.

Except for the "theory" that terrorists survived the plane crash and hid the debris so no one would find out about their secret plot :funny:

Thundercrack85
03-14-2014, 09:19 PM

Well no. You guys have to realize how big the Pacific Ocean is. Or... in this case, the Pacific and the Indian Ocean (seriously, could this search area get any bigger?). Even if something did wash up to shore, it could be in a place that's unpopulated, or be unrecognizable.

There is a **** load of debris in the oceans.

jmc
03-14-2014, 09:20 PM
There are apparently 3 or 4 unused airstrips in the Andaman Islands area where the plane could have landed. Interesting.

Doctor Evo
03-14-2014, 09:23 PM
... and everything will stop working eventually except the blackbox which is equipped to emit a signal that can be heard underwater in the event it sinks. I'm not sure to what depth those will work but they are built to withstand explosions and severe pressures so I am guessing pretty deep.
The problem is that electromagnetic waves - especially ones with lower energy and longer wavelengths, like radio waves - don't propagate very far through water. So how are these things putting out their signal, exactly?

This is the reason that satellite tags on marine organisms are only able to send a signal once the animal basically surfaces. Now acoustic signals are another matter entirely...

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Except for the "theory" that terrorists survived the plane crash and hid the debris so no one would find out about their secret plot :funny:

Ummm how stupid do you think I am?

I am talking about a larger Terrorism group, of course not just those on the plane.

You have to consider whoever was on that plane, is a part of a big terrorism group.

They probably have big ships that can haul all the debris so others don't find these.

RachelDawes
03-14-2014, 09:42 PM
There are apparently 3 or 4 unused airstrips in the Andaman Islands area where the plane could have landed. Interesting.

A few pages back someone posted an article claiming that there are four airstrips in the region. The Indian government owns them all, and none are large enough to accomodate a plane of that size.

Doctor Evo
03-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Ummm how stupid do you think I am?

Well...

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 09:45 PM
I am clearly much more open minded than majority of people who refuses to think Terrorism is even possible, let's just say that.

Doctor Evo
03-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I am clearly much more open minded than majority of people, let's just say that.Yeah, okay, we'll go with that. You understand that this isn't necessarily a good thing, right?

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 09:47 PM
You're not being open minded.

You're a wannabe conspiracy theorist that real ones wouldn't even want to associate with.

Postulating ridiculous ideas isn't a good thing.

jmc
03-14-2014, 09:51 PM
A few pages back someone posted an article claiming that there are four airstrips in the region. The Indian government owns them all, and none are large enough to accomodate a plane of that size.

Just playing devils advocate if piracy played a part there's the possibility that those who potentially took control of the aircraft may have chanced their arm at a landing on a small strip. One of the airports was apparently extended to 12,000 feet in the late 60's which from what I understand is long enough for a plane the size the one missing.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Ugh look after all these news Clearly still thinks Terrorism is very likely, you all still think otherwise.

Well you maybe right, it's not Terrorism but don't tell people who thinks so aren't smart.

Doctor Evo
03-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Well you maybe right, it's not Terrorism but don't tell people who thinks so aren't smart.Nope. Nope nope nope. Not touching this one. Too easy.

KRYPTON INC.
03-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Unless shown more compelling evidence to the contrary my gut tells me a good possibility is a scenario that is similar to the VALUEJET crash in Florida back in 1996. It would explain a lot, in my eyes.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 10:05 PM
The problem is that electromagnetic waves - especially ones with lower energy and longer wavelengths, like radio waves - don't propagate very far through water. So how are these things putting out their signal, exactly?

This is the reason that satellite tags on marine organisms are only able to send a signal once the animal basically surfaces. Now acoustic signals are another matter entirely...
That I realize. I think something got lost in translation somewhere. Rocketman asked why planes cannot be tracked with pinpoint accuracy. I responded with how the various ways planes are tracked and the limitations. The only part of an airplane that would function underwater in any capacity is the blackbox and that's only to tell searchers where to look. I'm not suggesting or implying the plane would be sending out any kind of signal other than that from the blackbox, if it did indeed end up in the ocean.

jmc
03-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Upon more research it would appear landing a plane on one of the Andaman Islands would be difficult as there is a big Indian military presence in the chain of islands despite having large areas uninhabited. So back to square one I guess.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Nope it's in the middle of night. Possibly everyone are sleeping.

What I wonder is will the pinging continue on if the plane is once again running.

RachelDawes
03-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Unless shown more compelling evidence to the contrary my gut tells me a good possibility is a scenario that is similar to the VALUEJET crash in Florida back in 1996. It would explain a lot, in my eyes.

Could be. The oil rig worker who reported seeing the plane noted that it was on fire, and the ValuJet plane also turned back in order to get to the nearest airport.

Dr. Evil
03-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Question:

When the Miracle on the Hudson happened, was there a thread about it and was it almost 40 pages long?

Hal_Jordan
03-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Ugh look after all these news Clearly still thinks Terrorism is very likely, you all still think otherwise.

Well you maybe right, it's not Terrorism but don't tell people who thinks so aren't smart.

The only people who keep pushing the terrorism angle WANT it, NEED it to be terrorism for their sensationalist nonsense fear mongering.

Every legit source still says terrorism is possible but not very likely at this point.

JJJ's Ulcer
03-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Nope it's in the middle of night. Possibly everyone are sleeping.

Because "people" are a singular unit who are all asleep or awake at the same time, huh? You don't think someone out of 239 people might still have their reading light on?

JJJ's Ulcer
03-14-2014, 10:36 PM
The only people who keep pushing the terrorism angle WANT it, NEED it to be terrorism for their sensationalist nonsense fear mongering.

Hit the nail on the head.

Dr. Evil
03-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Hasn't terrorism been ruled out?

Doctor Evo
03-14-2014, 10:42 PM
That I realize. I think something got lost in translation somewhere. Rocketman asked why planes cannot be tracked with pinpoint accuracy. I responded with how the various ways planes are tracked and the limitations. The only part of an airplane that would function underwater in any capacity is the blackbox and that's only to tell searchers where to look. I'm not suggesting or implying the plane would be sending out any kind of signal other than that from the blackbox, if it did indeed end up in the ocean.Right, but my question is: HOW is the black box emitting its signal? Even if it's functional at depth, it still has this limitation. It's not a direct response to your comment, necessarily.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 10:42 PM
No CIA and US intelligence still considers terrorism possible.

Superman Prime
03-14-2014, 10:43 PM

Every legit source still says terrorism is possible but not very likely at this point.

Weeeell... the latest trend is officials thinking it more likely that the course change was deliberate, which to be honest, feeds into terrorism theories (whether from the layman observers or the military high-rankers).

SuperJediHero may be right to think this is terrorism. It's a perfectly legit theory. It's the weird "dry run" crap that makes me tilt my head.

bullets
03-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Hasn't terrorism been ruled out?

Not yet.

Teelie
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Right, but my question is: HOW is the black box emitting its signal? Even if it's functional at depth, it still has this limitation. It's not a direct response to your comment, necessarily.

Underwater Locator. A battery powered, acoustic underwater locator beacon assembly is mounted on the front panel of the crash data recorder. The unit consists of a self-contained battery, an electronic module, and a transducer. The battery is shock mounted and is separated from the electronic module by a bulkhead in the case. The beacon (pinger) radiates a pulsed acoustic signal into the surrounding water upon activation of its water- sensitive switch, and will activate automatically on submersion in salt or fresh water with an operating life expectancy of 30 days to a depth of 20,000 feet.Source (http://aviationandaccessories.tpub.com/TM-1-1510-225-10/css/TM-1-1510-225-10_280.htm)

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Are you telling me it is impossible to have big terrorist group maybe involved and can have capabilities to destory or conceal evidences such as debris?

JJJ's Ulcer
03-14-2014, 10:50 PM
No CIA and US intelligence still considers terrorism possible.

Terrorism. Not crash landing a plane and then dismantling and hiding the debris. And it's not your theories that most people find objectionable, but how you present them so forcefully. Hal Jordan really summed it up best.

Superman Prime
03-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Why did they not use sonar-equipped ships over the most obvious path on the very first day? Right under the jet's course.

Teelie.

Dr. Evil
03-14-2014, 11:00 PM
So weather is the only thing that has been ruled out?

X-Ray
03-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Question:

When the Miracle on the Hudson happened, was there a thread about it and was it almost 40 pages long?

Probably not. And it wasn't a miracle. Just a very skilled pilot. :o

Dr. Evil
03-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Probably not. And it wasn't a miracle. Just a very skilled pilot.

I think they called it a miracle because everyone survived.

GENERAL RAAM582
03-14-2014, 11:08 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but this plane can't possibly still be flying can it? It would have landed somehow.

X-Ray
03-14-2014, 11:10 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but this plane can't possibly still be flying can it? It would have landed somehow.

Naw, it either landed or crashed. It only had 5-6 hours of fuel.

and they're going with the hijacked theory (http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-investigators-conclude-flight-hijacked-035744022.html).

Schlosser85
03-14-2014, 11:13 PM
There was a plane crash years ago that took two years to find the wreckage and bodies.

I'd suspect there's no great mystery, and this plane-- what's left of it--is laying out there somewhere, and will be found eventually.

JJJ's Ulcer
03-14-2014, 11:22 PM
You're referring to the Air France crash. But while it took 2 years to find the black box, it only took a couple days to find the first signs of debris. Plus it sent out a distress signal before it crashed. This plane just went dark.

Schlosser85
03-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Is it possible it's been hijacked and secretly landed....somewhere?

Dr. Evil
03-14-2014, 11:26 PM

Someone on TV mentioned Somalia or Yemen.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Terrorism. Not crash landing a plane and then dismantling and hiding the debris. And it's not your theories that most people find objectionable, but how you present them so forcefully. Hal Jordan really summed it up best.

Dude I am not saying it's what is going to happen but possible scenarios.

Terrorism is possible
Stealing the plane is possible
Dry Run is possible.

Nothing should be ruled out at this time.

Schlosser85
03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Terrorists would not crash a plane and then meticulously hide the debris. That would defeat the entire purpose.

Terrorists want everyone to know when they blow something up.

Hal_Jordan
03-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Terrorists would not crash a plane and then meticulously hide the debris. That would defeat the entire purpose.

Terrorists want everyone to know when they blow something up.

Unless this is a new secretive group of terrorists who randomly crashes planes full of people who don't seem to have any political significance...

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 11:31 PM
You all misunderstood me.

I meant a dry run or terrorism act itself , that didn't succeed so it crashed, NOT saying it was a deliberate crash at all.

X-Ray
03-14-2014, 11:32 PM

CNN had been talking about 2 possible airstrips in the area. Both belong to India. One on a military base.

JJJ's Ulcer
03-14-2014, 11:34 PM

I meant a dry run, that didn't succeed so it crashed, NOT saying it was a deliberate crash at all.

Again do you know what a "dry run" is?

CosmicPinchy
03-14-2014, 11:36 PM

I meant a dry run or terrorism act itself , that didn't succeed so it crashed, NOT saying it was a deliberate crash at all.

This makes even less sense! Why would a dry run not "succeed"? They're not even doing anything. And why would terrorists hide the debris of a plane they didn't cause to crash?

craigdbfan
03-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Well it looks like it's been "officially" been deemed a hijacked plane.

What happened afterwards still remains a mystery.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Again do you know what a "dry run" is?

Yes a move that is not the actual terrorism act itself, but used towards a bigger more damaging terrorism plot.

Hal_Jordan
03-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Well it looks like it's been "officially" been deemed a hijacked plane.

What happened afterwards still remains a mystery.

By who? Link?

Schlosser85
03-14-2014, 11:43 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-divert-andaman-islands-article-1.1721523

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 11:44 PM
It just coming in, not on websites yet.

well, not yet on CNN.com

Hal_Jordan
03-14-2014, 11:45 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-divert-andaman-islands-article-1.1721523

Hilarious. Based on no evidence, they've concluded it was a hijacking because it turned around. Which is one of the few things we actually already knew. Forgive me if I continue to be skeptical.

craigdbfan
03-14-2014, 11:45 PM
By who? Link?http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-search-heads-toward-indian-ocean/

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Hilarious. Based on no evidence, they've concluded it was a hijacking because it turned around. Which is one of the few things we actually already knew. Forgive me if I continue to be skeptical.

WHY DO YOU GUYS continue to NOT believing in hijacking, terrorism? I really like to know why? You say you aren't closed-minded, but do all these evidences and latest developments not indicate that ?

Hal_Jordan
03-14-2014, 11:47 PM
WHY DO YOU GUYS continue to not believing in hijacking, terrorism? I like to know why?

Because it's complete speculation. All of it. i dont support one theory over the other, except terrorism seems unlikely because they usually like to claim their attacks.

SuperJediHero
03-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Because it's complete speculation. All of it. i dont support one theory over the other, except terrorism seems unlikely because they usually like to claim their attacks.

No it isn't, from day 1 people with open mind and think outside of the box (myself included) has already thought of this as a possibility as very likely to begin with, while most of you INSISTS it's nothing more than mechanical reason!

X-Ray
By who? Link?

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-investigators-conclude-flight-hijacked-035744022.html

it's not just the sharp turns but the different altitudes the flight reaches during those turns. someone hijacked it and flew it to God knows where. and they turned off two devices at different times.

Hal_Jordan
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-search-heads-toward-indian-ocean/

It's funny how the fox news terrorists word the story MUCH differently.

Hal_Jordan
03-14-2014, 11:50 PM
No it isn't, from day 1 people with open mind and think outside of the box (myself included) has already thought of this as a possibility as very likely to begin with, while most of you INSISTS it's mechanical reason!

Who took credit for it on day 1?

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:04 AM
No it isn't, from day 1 people with open mind and think outside of the box (myself included) has already thought of this as a possibility as very likely to begin with, while most of you INSISTS it's nothing more than mechanical reason!

:funny: You call what you speculate as thinking outside the box?

Dude, you think terrorists would hide debris of a failed "dry run" attempt. That doesn't even make sense in any way. That's not thinking outside the box. That's just spouting nonsense for the sake of being different.

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Possible, otherwise the bigger plot may be revealed. Terrorists may not want that. I assume there are some very resourceful terrorists out there who could accomplish all these. I don't know it is that likely, probably on the bottom of probability, but thinking out of side of box AND having open mind requires that ANYTHING is possible type of thinking, without ruling out anything that have a chance of happening.

And, I DON'T care how likely that can happen, if it's not impossible I will say it as a theory.

Apollo
03-15-2014, 12:12 AM
A few hours ago: Professional Investigators conclude missing Jet Was in fact Hijacked. :mag

Couple minutes ago: Hypester of SHH still denies hijacking! :argh:

Few seconds ago: Professional investigators realize they are not qualified enough especially when compared to the qualification of SHH hypesters. They then quit their jobs and submit a public apology pleading that the SHH hypesters take their jobs instead.:toth

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:13 AM
What's a failed dry run anyways? They were somehow forced to hijack the plane? Do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?

If you're really going to spout off this "open mind" business, then let's just say that aliens did it.

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:17 AM
A few hours ago: Professional Investigators conclude missing Jet Was in fact Hijacked. :mag

Couple minutes ago: Hypester of SHH still denies hijacking! :argh:

Few seconds ago: Professional investigators realize they are not qualified enough especially when compared to the qualification of SHH hypesters. They then quit their jobs and submit a public apology pleading that the SHH hypesters take their jobs instead.:toth

Funny, other news sources aren't so quick to print headlines saying anything is conclusive.

Everyone should be skeptical of an "official" who is not authorized to speak to the media that makes a bold statement like this one.

Also, hijacking doesn't necessarily mean terrorists.

X-Ray
03-15-2014, 12:19 AM
it's probably the pilot with his own flight simulator at home. that's either dedication to his job or his "dry run."

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 12:25 AM
What's a failed dry run anyways? They were somehow forced to hijack the plane? Do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?

If you're really going to spout off this "open mind" business, then let's just say that aliens did it.

Dude, this time why don't YOU TELL ME why it isn't a dry run. Are there any evidences we know so far suggests that it can't be a dry run?

Or that it's not possible terrorists involved won't destroy or take the debris so people won't find out the truth?

You tell me, and if I think you have a great point that I overlooked, then I will shut up.

Do you know what 'Theories' and 'Speculations' are? Just because that YOU don't find them likely, doesn't make these theories wrong!

It's NEVER been about what's likely or not likely, it's about what's possible or impossible.

If it's like or unlikely, then I am with you guy definitely, that it may not be that likely, but the problem is we are talking about if it's possible, expanding our horizons. Instead of having a shallow mind that "Oh it's most likely mechanical issue, everything else is blah blah blah"

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:30 AM
Because a dry run is a practice run. Nothing happens during a practice run. So what is a failed dry run in terms of a terrorist hijacking? That they would be forced to hijack the plane? What do you consider to be a failed dry run in this scenario? If they were doing a dry run, nothing would have happened to the plane. If it's a "failed" dry run, either they were forced to hijack the plane (which is just stupid. What would force a terrorist to have to hijack a plane?) or the plane crashed without them doing anything, in which case they had nothing to do with it so the terrorism aspect would be lost.

Why would terrorists not want people to find out the truth? To hijack a 777 plane with multiple nationalities on board only to hide it sounds insane and stupid. If you honestly think that terrorists would do this, you don't know much about them.

Duke
03-15-2014, 12:33 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-search-heads-toward-indian-ocean/

CBSnews.com also has the story of the plane being hijacked too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Why would terrorists not want people to find out the truth?

As I REPEATLY said, maybe they will have a more sinister terrorism plot, than hijacking a plane... want people to find out the truth when this bigger plot happens, instead of this small hijacking stunt that would ruin the bigger plot if people find out what is really happening with THIS one.

You don't think THAT is possible?

Hal_Jordan
03-15-2014, 12:37 AM
CBSnews.com also has the story of the plane being hijacked too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/

MAYBE hijacked...

I'll give you a guess why they're running the hijacked angle with NO new evidence at all.

Anita18
03-15-2014, 12:40 AM
I think the fact that we have heard no word from any terrorist organizations, means that the alleged hijacking was a failure and they don't want the world to know they failed.

If you want to make a political statement with a hijacking, you don't make it look like an accident. Which this looked like for a very long time. Still does, IMO, because a mechanical failure with pilot error is still the most simple explanation for all of this.

I think we can still conclude this plane is in the ocean somewhere, in pieces. Whether the passengers/crew stopped them a la United 93 or whether they misjudged the amount of fuel on the plane (which has happened) or whether it was pilot suicide, I think it's safe to say the plane and its occupants did not land safely. We would have heard SOMETHING by now if it had.

If they wanted to steal a plane for nefarious means, surely there was a less dramatic and less attention-getting way to do that to take a jet fully loaded with passengers in flight. Please. Even getting a jet retired from service and refurbishing it makes more sense.

CosmicPinchy
As I REPEATLY said, maybe they will have a more sinister terrorism plot, than hijacking a plane... want people to find out the truth when this bigger plot happens, instead of this small hijacking stunt that would ruin the bigger plot if people find out what is really happening with THIS one.

You don't think THAT is possible?

No, I don't. It sounds like you've been watching too many Hollywood movies. I wouldn't call hijacking a Boeing 777 a small stunt.

And you haven't replied to my dry run post. Have you finally given up on that?

SuperJediHero
What do you consider to be a failed dry run in this scenario?

It means things didn't go as these terrorists planned. For example, they wanted to land on an island or somewhere where other terrorists are, but it ran out of fuel or the passengers fought...

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:43 AM
It means things didn't go as these terrorists planned.
If this were a true hijacking, it would not have been a dry run. The dry run idea you keep postulating doesn't exist.

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:44 AM
It means things didn't go as these terrorists planned. For example, they wanted to land on an island or somewhere where other terrorists are, but it ran out of fuel or the passengers fought...

Then that's not a dry run! Yeesh. Is this so hard for you to understand?

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 12:45 AM
No, I don't. It sounds like you've been watching too many Hollywood movies. I wouldn't call hijacking a Boeing 777 a small stunt.

Once again, I am talking about what is possible not what is likely. I know you keep thinking in your head, what is likely. And, that just isn't very likely is what you are thinking.

If some crazy terrorists or anyone want to have a movie-plot in real life, you can't say it's impossible, just that it's on the bottom of possibilities. Major difference there.

Anita18
03-15-2014, 12:47 AM
You can't just land a 777 on any random island. There's a reason why airport runways are so expensive to build. It isn't like building a big version of a road for cars. You have to make sure everything's completely level, or the plane might rip itself apart when landing.

Any hijacker with a cockamamie scheme like that was bound to fail.

I'm also thinking that even if it was a failed hijacking, making a passenger plane disappear with no trace is fear-inducing enough. The fact that NOBODY has come forward or otherwise put any attention from it looking like an accident is making me think terrorist hijacking is still unlikely.

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Then that's not a dry run! Yeesh. Is this so hard for you to understand?

OK, maybe I misunderstood what dry run means, I don't know I thought it meant a step toward a BIGGER terrorism plot, but it's not that important anyway. I am tired to argue with you back and forth on this, so let's just say I don't know what dry run means.

Whether you guys consider hijacking or terrorism possible is what's important here.

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Once again, I am talking about what is possible not what is likely. I know you keep thinking in your head, what is likely. And, that just isn't very likely is what you are thinking.

This wasn't a dry run, failed or otherwise.

Hal_Jordan
03-15-2014, 12:50 AM

That's my favorite part. For your scenario to work, you think these terrorists are masterminds...and yet when the plan goes bad they turn into the three stooges.

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 12:52 AM
OK, maybe I misunderstood what dry run means, I don't know, but it's not that important.

Whether you guys consider hijacking or terrorism possible is what's important here.

Of course it's possible. That's not the issue. The issue is that you need it to be a terrorist plot/hijacking. Hal_Jordan said it better:

Accidents happen, but it's hard for people to accept that. Especially when it comes to something like this. They need someone to blame, someone to make sense of it (even if it's a terrorist).

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 01:00 AM
The only people who keep pushing the terrorism angle WANT it, NEED it to be terrorism

:whatever:

Now, you are falsely accusing me? :whatever:

Uh, NO!

Of course, I don't/NEVER want terrorism to happen. What the hell, man? This is ridiculous.

I just thought of this theory as a high possibility since day 1 (Due to the craziness of the story I had a gut feeling it wasn't just mechanical failure) and stuck with that, as simple as that. No need to falsely accuse people just because you don't agree this theory MAY just turn out to be right! :whatever:

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 01:17 AM
For a guy that called the Malaysians incompetent, you do seem to accept what this official said without question.

Teelie
03-15-2014, 01:20 AM
Why did they not use sonar-equipped ships over the most obvious path on the very first day? Right under the jet's course.

Teelie.
That question has been asked and answered before. The answer being they had to get ships out there with the sonar eqiupped first and then they have to be able to know where to look. The plane apparently went far off course so it wouldn't do any good anyways as it turns out.

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 01:33 AM
For a guy that called the Malaysians incompetent, you do seem to accept what this official said without question.

It's an unanimous conclusion by all the primary investigators that they are listening to.

Not something United States would disagree on, I am sure.

Now the big question is the hijack terrorism related or not. Clearly since there are 200+ passengers on board, it can be considered Terrorism already even if nothing else is confirmed.

JJJ's Ulcer
03-15-2014, 01:37 AM
We can't all be as open-minded and enlightened as SuperJediHero.

And dude you're not fooling anyone. You've been salivating at the sensational aspects of the story since day 1. You even compared the frustration of waiting for new developments in this tragedy to the frustration of waiting on new details for the Star Wars movies.

Teelie
03-15-2014, 01:40 AM
All this denial on the forums, it's gotta be a conspiracy. :o

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 01:41 AM
Flied for 6 more hours... around 11 something AM is what the latest news press conference said.

CNN- Investigators have refocused their attention onto the pilots and passengers on board Flight MH 370, Malaysia's Prime Minister said.

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 01:45 AM
It's an unanimous conclusion by all the primary investigators that they are listening to.

Not something United States would disagree on, I am sure.

Now the big question is the hijack terrorism related or not. Clearly since there are 200+ passengers on board, it can be considered Terrorism already even if nothing else is confirmed.

As far as I know, it's just the one unauthorized official calling it a hijacking. Nothing unanimous.

A hijacking does not automatically mean terrorists were involved.

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 01:47 AM
We can't all be as open-minded and enlightened as SuperJediHero.

And dude you're not fooling anyone. You've been salivating at the sensational aspects of the story since day 1. You even compared the frustration of waiting for new developments in this tragedy to the frustration of waiting on new details for the Star Wars movies.

This is a very important international story, that some people are just more interested in, thus how much I talk about it. It's not that complicated or anything more than that to have you thinking whatever it is you are thinking. :whatever:

No need to get personal please.

Also I already apologized about Star Wars post with sincerity let it go!

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 01:51 AM
As far as I know, it's just the one unauthorized official calling it a hijacking. Nothing unanimous.

You need to chill out and don't be in so denial! Or personal!

It's what the Malaysia press conference said, that NTSB, FAA, etc all conclusively agreed.

CosmicPinchy
03-15-2014, 01:57 AM
Source?

They agreed that the controls were turned off, but stopped short of calling it a hijacking.

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Flied for 6 more hours... around 11 something AM is what the latest news press conference said.

It might have been 8 something AM not 11 something AM, I am trying to verify this.

edit: 8:11am ... the 11 was there just as minutes not the hour.

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Source?

They agreed that the controls were turned off, but stopped short of calling it a hijacking.

Correct.

But, I don't know, what else could it be? But the news network analyzing this PM's press conference believe that he pretty much meant Hijacking even though he didn't say that. He was been careful since there are no better hijacking evidences.

Why deliberately turn control off and refuse to communicate to get help if NOT hijacking?

charl_huntress
03-15-2014, 02:37 AM
Weeeell... the latest trend is officials thinking it more likely that the course change was deliberate, which to be honest, feeds into terrorism theories (whether from the layman observers or the military high-rankers).

SuperJediHero may be right to think this is terrorism. It's a perfectly legit theory. It's the weird "dry run" crap that makes me tilt my head.I don't know about a dry run, but I do think there may be some foul play involved. The course change is HIGHLY unusual and out of the norm.

You all misunderstood me.I so understand where you are coming from...lol. Hang in there, SuperJediHero. :cwink:

I meant a dry run or terrorism act itself , that didn't succeed so it crashed, NOT saying it was a deliberate crash at all.It could possibly be a terrorist act similar to the Boston Marathon bombers. Meaning...there's no major terrorist organization involved. It was a just a couple of guys determined to blow up or hijack a plane.

I'll concede that...

seishin87
03-15-2014, 03:11 AM
The whole "dry run" theory is based off the fact that no one has as of yet claimed responsibility for the disappearance of Flight 370 so they are basing it off the foiled "bojinka" plot to blow up at least 10 airliners over the Pacific sometime in the early '90s. Perhaps they're thinking in this case is perhaps if it was a hi-jacking then maybe it was to test some new method to bypass post- 9/11 countermeasures. Flight 370 is just one plane but the "dry run" line of thinking is they're not claiming responsibility because this attempt was to just test the method and next time it could be 10 or 15 airliners going missing all at once.

jmc
03-15-2014, 04:06 AM
So my local news just reported the plane could have been been flown as far away as Kazakhstan. :wow: :shock

Rocketman
03-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Let's just say this plane was successfully hijacked... What if the passengers were still alive?

JJJ's Ulcer
03-15-2014, 06:24 AM
Let's just say this plane was successfully hijacked... What if the passengers were still alive?

It would be the most amazing and insane news event since 9/11.

Doctor Evo
03-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Source (http://aviationandaccessories.tpub.com/TM-1-1510-225-10/css/TM-1-1510-225-10_280.htm)Thanks!

Superman Prime
03-15-2014, 07:15 AM
That question has been asked and answered before. The answer being they had to get ships out there with the sonar eqiupped first and then they have to be able to know where to look. The plane apparently went far off course so it wouldn't do any good anyways as it turns out.

Might be worth bringing up, since China (last we know), seems to think the jet crashed along a certain trajectory because of seismic activity. If they already had the ships coordinated at the supposed origin of the course change, they'd have been able to confirm it faster.

Mondragon
03-15-2014, 08:24 AM
So my local news just reported the plane could have been been flown as far away as Kazakhstan. :wow: :shock
Might be worth re-posting http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=28158571&postcount=524

Where max 7 hrs (now saying 5-7)worth of fuel could get you...
No, that does NOT mean it got that far, or anywhere near that far, landed safe anywhere avoiding radar detection, or it didn't crash soon on changing course.
It just shows the max 7 hrs worth of fuel could get you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rw/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2014/03/11/Foreign/Graphics/MalaysiaRange.jpg

SuperJediHero
03-15-2014, 02:00 PM
We are back into waiting mode...

Meanwhile, transponder was turned off before the final contact with air control.

Farren
03-15-2014, 03:10 PM
You know, the more I read and research this mess the more I feel like I don't know anything. It's all half-information or information I don't have the knowledge to interpret, and the news sources are even more ignorant.

The only facts I feel are accurate at this point are:
- The plane is still missing
- There have been some primary radar contacts since then
- There's been some satellite data extrapolation (based on the satcom pings?) on possible routes
- The transponder was turned off/damaged at 1:21 Malaysia time on the day it went missing
- there are official suspicions of hijacking

Octoberist
03-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Think about it: Wouldn't it be insane, INSANE, if the plane was never found and then years later, we find the wreckage like in the Arctic or Colorado (something weird)? Image the public hysteria it would cause.

Thundercrack85
03-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Hijacking by who though? Members of the crew? Passengers?

Thundercrack85
03-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Think about it: Wouldn't it be insane, INSANE, if the plane was never found and then years later, we find the wreckage like in the Arctic or Colorado (something weird)? Image the public hysteria it would cause.

Spielberg already did that in Close Encounters.

KevanG
03-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Imagine if they found it in Colorado today. That would blow everyones mind.

As it i, I've stopped following this until there's some sort of cohesive theory. There's far too much guesswork flying around with too little info, so I don't see the point in getting all worked up about it.

Octoberist
03-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Even if it's done by amateurs, I don't think they would be able to pull this off unless they're highly trained and sophisticated. Even then, in some cases, we would them attempt to send the world their message, for their cause or whatever. But nada.

KevanG
03-15-2014, 03:20 PM
and we're onto the next paranoia filled thread as we've filled this one up. :p

Farren
03-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Think about it: Wouldn't it be insane, INSANE, if the plane was never found and then years later, we find the wreckage like in the Arctic or Colorado (something weird)? Image the public hysteria it would cause.Nah, it can't make it that far without stopping for more fuel. Which I think is unlikely.

It could have ended up somewhere odd though, I'll give you that. Personally I still think it's somewhere in the ocean.

Superman Prime
03-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Imagine if they found it in Colorado today. That would blow everyones mind.

Mine most of all.

Thread Manager
03-15-2014, 03:26 PM
This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread 475419