The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=454493)

Juicy J 03-27-2013 08:49 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flickchick85 (Post 25471229)
I'm personally hoping for something resembling the Spectacular Spider-Man route: Have Peter and MJ not be into each other at all at first after their blind date, with MJ frustrating Peter by calling out his crappy, flaky behavior toward Gwen, and Peter snarking about her care-free party-girl ways. This forming the basis for a sorta-friendship based on their no-BS policies toward each other, but their mutual friendships with Gwen and subsequent loss of her ultimately being the thing that brings them together on a deeper level.

^^
This.

WarriorDreamer 03-27-2013 10:31 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flickchick85 (Post 25471229)
I'm personally hoping for something resembling the Spectacular Spider-Man route: Have Peter and MJ not be into each other at all at first after their blind date, with MJ frustrating Peter by calling out his crappy, flaky behavior toward Gwen, and Peter snarking about her care-free party-girl ways. This forming the basis for a sorta-friendship based on their no-BS policies toward each other, but their mutual friendships with Gwen and subsequent loss of her ultimately being the thing that brings them together on a deeper level.

Well I don't think we'll be seeing that. As they have stated, MJ's role is very small, basically a cameo. Some say it's just a little bigger than Flash's role in TASM. I think the scenes we have seen (dropping Peter off in school, waitressing and meeting Gwen) are probably some of the only scenes she will be in. Just brief scenes to show she's around. I don't think there will be any party scenes from the sound of the cameo.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Creator (Post 25472109)
So when should he hit that?

Well with recent spoilers/ rumors that Gwen's dying at the hands of Electro in the third half of the movie I'd say he's tapping her in TASM3. Hopfully they aren't shagging at the start of the movie though because it'd make Peter look like a complete douche.

Creator 03-28-2013 01:34 AM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Morals, sounds like you're looking for an untainted saint, not an everyman, who had sex with and shacked up with MJ before marriage in the comics. :o

WarriorDreamer 03-28-2013 02:30 AM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Creator (Post 25473163)
Morals, sounds like you're looking for an untainted saint, not an everyman, who had sex with and shacked up with MJ before marriage in the comics. :o

Yeah. But they didn't show a panel of Peter apathetically shrugging his shoulders and going after MJ, then them shagging and in bed together straight after Gwen has died. I just thought it would reflect badly on Peter if they did that in ASM3.

Creator 03-28-2013 12:21 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
You obviously don't know what morals are, Peter did shag MJ after Gwen died. And they were not married, it's a sin, in the moral code that you think Peter is only subject to. Not to mention, he lies to everyone he loves. Gotta keep that secret identity you know. The sooner you realize what an "everyman" is, the sooner you'll realize that Peter is far from perfect and is not always moral.

fuflipflops 03-28-2013 01:00 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
it's almost as if we're not in the 21st century and people are allowed to do whatever they want with their bodies and their lives without it being anyone else's business (so long as it's not hurting anyone, then it becomes other people's business as well, fictional character or not).

spideyboy_1111 03-28-2013 01:03 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Creator (Post 25475237)
You obviously don't know what morals are, Peter did shag MJ after Gwen died. And they were not married, it's a sin, in the moral code that you think Peter is only subject to. Not to mention, he lies to everyone he loves. Gotta keep that secret identity you know. The sooner you realize what an "everyman" is, the sooner you'll realize that Peter is far from perfect and is not always moral.

are you talking about when after Gwen died, MJ yelled at peter and instead of leaving, she stayed and shut the door?

you seriously think peter and MJ had sex after that????????????????????


there are a few who think they did... but they're usually horny pre-teens who get off to the idea of peter getting some...

there's been absolutely no conformation of the two of them hooking up that night.

fuflipflops 03-28-2013 01:12 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 (Post 25475519)
are you talking about when after Gwen died, MJ yelled at peter and instead of leaving, she stayed and shut the door?

you seriously think peter and MJ had sex after that????????????????????


there are a few who think they did... but they're usually horny pre-teens who get off to the idea of peter getting some...

there's been absolutely no conformation of the two of them hooking up that night.

isn't it implied they had sex for the first time after gwen's clone's story, in that other panel where peter, this time, shuts the door? i think that was about a couple years after gwen's death, wasn't it? that doesn't seem like "straight after" her death, like someone up here said.

spideyboy_1111 03-28-2013 01:22 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuflipflops (Post 25475565)
isn't it implied they had sex for the first time after gwen's clone's story, in that other panel where peter, this time, shuts the door? i think that was about a couple years after gwen's death, wasn't it? that doesn't seem like "straight after" her death, like someone up here said.

well they obviously had sex at "some point" after gwen's death... but right after her death? no... peter was pretty damn distraught about it and it was a turning point for Mj's character.... her sleeping with him that night would have been kinda messed up on both accounts.

Creator 03-28-2013 01:27 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 (Post 25475519)
are you talking about when after Gwen died, MJ yelled at peter and instead of leaving, she stayed and shut the door?

you seriously think peter and MJ had sex after that????????????????????


there are a few who think they did... but they're usually horny pre-teens who get off to the idea of peter getting some...

there's been absolutely no conformation of the two of them hooking up that night.

What are you babbling about, I wasn't specifically talking about that panel, I'm talking about in general? This is a movie, things happen a lot faster than the comics. Think time lapse. My overall point is Peter isn't always a moral man, period.

spideyboy_1111 03-28-2013 01:30 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Creator (Post 25475661)
What are you babbling about, I wasn't specifically talking about that panel, I'm talking about in general? This is a movie, things happen a lot faster than the comics. Think time lapse. My overall point is Peter isn't always a moral man, period.

eh, i think you do need a length of time. Yes story's happen faster, but if gwen dies in 2 or 3... i don't think he should be shagging mj right away... it's inappropriate unless they do a "2 years later" kinda thing. Not something where the film takes place over the course of a couple days (or week even). that would actually not sit well with most audience members...

If Mj is going to be his next love, she really needs built up, or people wont like her. You gotta see her slowly mending Peter's heart till they both click

Creator 03-28-2013 01:37 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 (Post 25475677)
eh, i think you do need a length of time. Yes story's happen faster, but if gwen dies in 2 or 3... i don't think he should be shagging mj right away... it's inappropriate unless they do a "2 years later" kinda thing. Not something where the film takes place over the course of a couple days (or week even). that would actually not sit well with most audience members...

If Mj is going to be his next love, she really needs built up, or people wont like her. You gotta see her slowly mending Peter's heart till they both click

That's exactly why I asked...
Quote:

So when should he hit that?
It could be at the end of ASM3 or in the sequel. It's easy to fade to black and say...2 Years Later...in the sequel.

spideyboy_1111 03-28-2013 01:43 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
if there's a time jump it can be at any moment. however... i don't think this franchise needs or should do that.

I think Movie 4 is perfectly fine. Let this trilogy of movies deal with gwen, with seeds of possible romance between MJ and Peter

also. i doubt we will have any reference to peter "getting" anything in the entire franchise... unless they bring on black cat.

Creator 03-28-2013 01:51 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Movie 4, damn, maybe he is a saint?!

spideyboy_1111 03-28-2013 02:46 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Creator (Post 25475841)
Movie 4, damn, maybe he is a saint?!

? if she dies at the end of 2 he's going to spend 3 grieving ...... if she dies in 3, he's going to spend 3 grieving still....

go watch some porn or something if you need to live vicariously through a fictional character. I seriously doubt there will be any implication of sex in any of these movies.

Creator 03-28-2013 03:01 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Yeah, I find Peter's love life interesting, it's apart of his character and an array of great supporting females to include.

So you do think that these movies will last to a 4th movie, some think it's only going to be a trilogy?

spideyboy_1111 03-28-2013 03:14 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
there's a difference between a love life and a sex life.

this current story will be a trilogy. but i hope we get a 2nd trilogy out of it

Creator 03-28-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
In Peter/MJ/Gwen case, it's all the same to me.

A second trilogy could work, thanks to Ravencroft being introduced. I'm thinking Peter as a Science Teacher and Aunt May telling him that she knows he's Spider-Man just before she dies. That was some touching stuff in the comics.
http://i50.tinypic.com/4rawyx.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/23mlgls.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/jz8fux.jpg

TheDarkRandall 04-07-2013 08:40 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Every girl I have ever seen or known with a face shaped like Shailene Woodley has ended up fairly plump once they reach their mid to late 20's, if they even make it that far. Girls like her inevitably end up pot bellied and double chinned, her legs will probably still be skinny though, which unfortunately will make her upper body even odder looking.

This is just a guess, but either her mom is managing and driving her career HARD, or she's got an uncle that works for the film studio.

Repulsor Blast 04-07-2013 08:49 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
.....

Majik1387 04-07-2013 09:01 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
I see the "Woodley is chubby/fat/etc." stupidity is still strong.

Juicy J 04-07-2013 09:05 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
EWWW how fat and unattractive!!!

TheDarkRandall 04-07-2013 09:14 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
I think you all missed my point. I don't think she is even remotely chubby... YET. I just think she is being set up for disappointment because Hollywood is going to be a rough ride when she starts getting bigger.

Juicy J 04-07-2013 09:21 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
And you're judging this based on the shape of her face.

Majik1387 04-07-2013 09:28 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkRandall (Post 25539735)
I think you all missed my point. I don't think she is even remotely chubby... YET. I just think she is being set up for disappointment because Hollywood is going to be a rough ride when she starts getting bigger.

Yet when Kirsten was cast as MJ, she was the it girl of a new young generation of Hollywood, beautiful, perky and on to the A-List; and she ended up turning into a snaggle-toothed alcoholic mess. She has since gotten better but time was not good to her at all. Not sure why you're already giving Woodley no benefit of a doubt.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of Mandatory, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.