The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=454493)

spideyboy_1111 03-13-2013 09:20 PM

Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigificWriter (Post 25375443)
It is starting to seem as if they're reversing the Ultimate Universe dynamic with the two girls, which I personally find kind of neat. The USM universe has always been one of my favorite versions of the Spidey mythos, though, so I'm going to be kind of predisposed to getting excited any time we get elements of that universe incorporated into other iterations of said mythos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickoray (Post 25375967)
Reversing the Ultimate universe as in this series' Gwen Stacy is basically Ultimate MJ, and this MJ will be Ultimate Gwen?

There's a huge part of me that still wants to see Peter and MJ together in this series. Not sure if we'll get enough movies though for that to happen.

.. eh.. and by reversing those... it kinda also makes them much more like 616 versions...

Emma's Gwen is full on 616 Gwen in alot of ways... aside from age.

Midnight Black 03-14-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer (Post 25382757)
Sorry, I corrected it. Her look should be based on 616 MJ. You're right.

:up:

fuflipflops 03-14-2013 11:16 AM

well, as of today shailene is blonde and off to chicago to shoot divergent, so that's a wrap for mj in the movie.

Nicko-Ray 03-14-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuflipflops (Post 25387109)
well, as of today shailene is blonde and off to chicago to shoot divergent, so that's a wrap for mj in the movie.

No way. Is that true? That was real quick then. Goes to show how much she is in the film..

fuflipflops 03-14-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickoray (Post 25387169)
No way. Is that true? That was real quick then. Goes to show how much she is in the film..

yup. this picture is from yesterday.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/dc654b667...44l8o1_500.jpg

Swansea 03-14-2013 11:32 AM

Personally I really hope they keep Peter and Gwen together. I've always liked Gwen better than MJ in the Spiderman mythos. Emma was great in Amazing, so I'd definitely like to see that relationship develop. I'm interested to see which way they go with MJ this time round though.

Johnny 03-14-2013 01:51 PM

Are we sure these are her only scenes in the movie? What, she meets Peter, meets Gwen, drives Peter to highschool on her bike and gets saved by Spidey while working as a waitress. There has to be something more. I have no problem with MJ having a smaller role but this is hardly enough.

fuflipflops 03-14-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 25388125)
Are we sure these are her only scenes in the movie? What, she meets Peter, meets Gwen, drives Peter to highschool on her bike and gets saved by Spidey while working as a waitress. There has to be something more. I have no problem with MJ having a smaller role but this is hardly enough.

unless she filmed in studio, that's it. tbh i'm surprised we're even getting this many scenes, her role is supposed to be just a cameo. like stan is a cameo in all the marvel movies.

RT59103 03-14-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Remember those were just the scenes that we saw filming outdoors, there could've been indoor scenes and things filmed in studio...

Plus, she could always come back later for reshoots, if they need to film more scenes later...

grieven 03-14-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

I remember reading somewhere when they announced SW as MJ that the role would be very limited in TASM2, so her short time shooting is consistent with that report.

GuestStar2004 03-14-2013 02:11 PM

its better that MJs role is limited because it shows the film will have controlled screentime and not be like ah she isn't in it enough.. oh damn now harry has less screen time... best give him more... ah now he has more then gwen... darn

Carlo Comicus 03-14-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grieven (Post 25388221)
I remember reading somewhere when they announced SW as MJ that the role would be very limited in TASM2, so her short time shooting is consistent with that report.

I remember. But here there's a problem. I understand a small role, but not so much small. :huh:

RT59103 03-14-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Remember those were just the scenes that we saw filming outdoors, there could've been indoor scenes and things filmed in studio...

Plus, she could always come back later for reshoots, if they need to film more scenes later...

WarriorDreamer 03-14-2013 02:36 PM

I don't think she's going to leave a big enough impression on people with those short scenes she had. The didn't ultilise Shailene's beauty. She has it, they just made her look average for some reason, which she isn't. I wonder if the people who don't know the character before watching the movie will even remember her. :/

I mean they might remember her as 'the chick who moved next door to Peter' but that's it. I think the casual movie-goer might have even forgotten B.D Howard after seeing her in SM3 and she had a fair few scenes considering it was a short role. How is anyone going to remember her?

:huh:

Trimmings 03-14-2013 04:41 PM

I'd say most of the GA knows who Mary Jane is after the last trilogy. As soon as they hear her name and see the red hair, the light bulb will go off in their heads that she's going to be romantically linked to Peter at some point. I agree it is kind of weird that they didn't play up her beauty more. Maybe they'll glam her up in a scene for Peter, and that's how his infatuation starts. Noticing the girl that didn't really strike him before. That'd be a good place for her jackpot line too

SpideyFan866 03-14-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo Comicus (Post 25388341)
I remember. But here there's a problem. I understand a small role, but not so much small. :huh:

To be fair, they probably filmed alot on stages as far as her scenes go.

Also, she could film more at a later date. Filming won't end until at least July.

FreeRadical 03-14-2013 05:49 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ykG-QduVOK...Zombieland.jpg

To

http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-cont...ma-stone-1.jpg

Sad that Emma has lost weight.

Johnny 03-14-2013 06:01 PM

I doubt Andrew minds that lol.

Mr. Dent 03-14-2013 06:29 PM

Yeah she looks better now overall. She shouldn't lose much more though.

spideyboy_1111 03-14-2013 06:42 PM

They should have just let Emma play both parts.... Parent Trap style haha

Johnny 03-14-2013 07:02 PM

Now that you mentioned Parent Trap, I know 7 or 8 years ago I would've had no problem whatsoever if Lindsay Lohan was cast as MJ or Gwen for that matter. Ah how time changes people.

spideyboy_1111 03-14-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 25390173)
Now that you mentioned Parent Trap, I know 7 or 8 years ago I would've had no problem whatsoever if Lindsay Lohan was cast as MJ or Gwen for that matter. Ah how time changes people.

lol back in the day i actually wanted her to be MJ. Daddy issues and all she was sorta the embodiment of Mary Jane in real life... but yeah, i want that far from my spider-man now

Johnny 03-14-2013 07:12 PM

Wasn't she initially cast in some role in SM2? I remember in early 2003 before they started shooting, there were rumblings she was cast as some character called Melissa Carter in the second movie but was then written out or something. I remember this vividly because it was the exact time I found out about SHH and it was on the news page. Whatever happened to that, if someone remembers this please enlighten me.

Joe_Kickass 03-14-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeRadical (Post 25389711)

Those legs and thighs man!
Maybe Gwen became depressed after her dad died and stopped eating or something and started losing weight. She looks about the same as in TASM1, and Gwen never was shown as super sexy and scantily clad, so it's not that big of a deal.

Joe_Kickass 03-14-2013 07:25 PM

Andrew is sooo freaking lucky, and he gets her when her hair is red lol