The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor: The Dark World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453239)

chamber-music 02-20-2013 05:12 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
I like how Warren Ellis just said magic was the universe cheat codes.

elizah72 02-20-2013 07:09 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
extra casting update:
Thor - The Dark World : Asgardian Intelectual, London, UK
http://www.starnow.co.uk/piotrochman

I'm sitting here laughing because he's cast as "Asgardian Intellectual" (which he didnt even spell correctly :doh: ) and one of the first photos on his page is him standing there in his underpants. :wow:

LMFAO

elizah72 02-20-2013 07:44 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
and I just was looking at some concept artists website and came upon a "protected" Thor Dark World Storyboard gallery. Can't get to the gallery unfortunately but on the image for the album is likely a piece of the storyboard showing Hogun and part of Fandral.

Interesting look for Hogun, with possibly "marauders" standing behind him? and in the Fandral one it appears there is a female with her hair up. I would say taller than Jane.
http://trevorgoringart.com/work/

American Maid 02-20-2013 08:06 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25223999)
The only thing I'd really want explained (and not in technical detail, mind you --- just story logic) is how they travel between worlds. Or planes. Or planetoids, or dimensions, or what the **** ever. Just set some basic guidelines for that, and stay consistent with it from movie to movie.

It's probably good for them to have some idea in their own minds, even if they don't share it with the general public, of how major elements and mechanism work. The reason why is what you mention here: so that they are able to portray them consistently. Otherwise, a year or two from now, we or our successors on this forum will be writing, "How come they did X in Thor1, but in Thor2, they showed it as Y?"

LadyGeek 02-20-2013 08:10 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elizah72 (Post 25225317)
I'm sitting here laughing because he's cast as "Asgardian Intellectual" (which he didnt even spell correctly :doh: ) and one of the first photos on his page is him standing there in his underpants. :wow:

LMFAO

Maybe science isn't so bad after all . . . if this pants-less dude is an example of an Asgardian "intelectual," that's not a good sign!!!

Idun 02-20-2013 08:27 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Be happy this 'intelectual' actually wear underpants. I have heard they sometimes don't. :wow:

Vartha 02-20-2013 08:54 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steintym (Post 25222825)
Explaining why Asgard "floats"? Seems dumb to me and doesn't need an explanation.

Well if you think about it, the MU Asgard is in SPACE there's no GRAVITY. That's enough explaination for me lol

Vartha 02-20-2013 08:59 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elizah72 (Post 25225417)
and I just was looking at some concept artists website and came upon a "protected" Thor Dark World Storyboard gallery. Can't get to the gallery unfortunately but on the image for the album is likely a piece of the storyboard showing Hogun and part of Fandral.

Interesting look for Hogun, with possibly "marauders" standing behind him? and in the Fandral one it appears there is a female with her hair up. I would say taller than Jane.
http://trevorgoringart.com/work/

I wish I could see those lol

LadyGeek 02-20-2013 09:26 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idun (Post 25225563)
Be happy this 'intelectual' actually wear underpants. I have heard they sometimes don't. :wow:

Yikes! There goes the PG13 rating:jedi!

chamber-music 02-20-2013 09:27 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 25225707)
Well if you think about it, the MU Asgard is in SPACE there's no GRAVITY. That's enough explaination for me lol

But there is gravity because everyone else isn't floating around and there is an atmosphere because they are all breathing :cwink:

Your right its probably not worth thinking about. I always think you should just sit back and go with it for these types of movies. If your not good at suspending your disbelief then these films probably aren't for you.

I think movies should make sense in the context of their own rules.

elizah72 02-20-2013 09:35 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGeek (Post 25225503)
Maybe science isn't so bad after all . . . if this pants-less dude is an example of an Asgardian "intelectual," that's not a good sign!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idun (Post 25225563)
Be happy this 'intelectual' actually wear underpants. I have heard they sometimes don't. :wow:

I'm hoping he means it sarcastically and its' actually some dumb guy or one that Thor and co get drunk with or something. LOL If he's pointed at as a group of Asgardian "Intellectuals" I may just giggle my ass off right there in the theatre, thinking of him in his underpants. (and socks! because he wouldnt want his feet to get cold! :whatever: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 25225733)
I wish I could see those lol

You and me both! At least there is that album cover panel, likely in Thor2. LOL

marvel_freshman 02-20-2013 09:39 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elizah72 (Post 25225417)
and I just was looking at some concept artists website and came upon a "protected" Thor Dark World Storyboard gallery. Can't get to the gallery unfortunately but on the image for the album is likely a piece of the storyboard showing Hogun and part of Fandral.

Interesting look for Hogun, with possibly "marauders" standing behind him? and in the Fandral one it appears there is a female with her hair up. I would say taller than Jane.
http://trevorgoringart.com/work/

Great find! I really hope Hogun looks that way in the movie. Was not a fan of his bare face in the first one.

http://trevorgoringart.com/wp-conten...14-390x260.jpg

elizah72 02-20-2013 09:46 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
oh, good I couldnt figure out how to save that. LOL. I did notice in other storyboard art from Thor 1, that Sif for instance, didnt look the exactly the same as she did in the movie, but we'll see.

I wonder what the red spots are about

btw, I never would have found that image were I not finally nosey around looking at the concept artists links that Guerrilla provided a short time ago. ;)

Incredible Hans 02-20-2013 10:19 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGeek (Post 25225911)
Yikes! There goes the PG13 rating:jedi!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...6w8to1_500.gif

:woot:

Vartha 02-20-2013 07:46 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
I'm NOT....I'm the MOD of Thunder :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Incredible Hans (Post 25226209)


xeno000 02-20-2013 09:18 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elizah72 (Post 25225317)
extra casting update:
Thor - The Dark World : Asgardian Intelectual, London, UK
http://www.starnow.co.uk/piotrochman

I'm sitting here laughing because he's cast as "Asgardian Intellectual" (which he didnt even spell correctly :doh: ) and one of the first photos on his page is him standing there in his underpants. :wow:

LMFAO

I don't see that modeling shot as a bad thing. In fact, it makes me interested in seeing more of his intellectual gifts. :hrt: :cwink:

jaqua99 02-20-2013 09:26 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xeno000 (Post 25230379)
I don't see that modeling shot as a bad thing. In fact, it makes me interested in seeing more of his intellectual gifts. :hrt: :cwink:


...you are a woman!?

Guerrilla 02-20-2013 09:27 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 25229795)
I'm NOT....I'm the MOD of Thunder :D

http://i.imgur.com/mdHIdIV.gif:woot:

jaqua99 02-20-2013 09:29 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guerrilla (Post 25230423)

:up: :up: :up:

Vartha 02-20-2013 09:44 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guerrilla (Post 25230423)

hahaha love it!

xeno000 02-21-2013 12:51 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaqua99 (Post 25230413)
...you are a woman!?


Why, yes, yes I am. :awesome:

Doc Ock 02-21-2013 12:54 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaqua99 (Post 25230413)
...you are a woman!?

And I thought this place couldn't get any cooler! :D

jaqua99 02-21-2013 01:06 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xeno000 (Post 25231435)
Why, yes, yes I am. :awesome:

I didn't know that!

damn this lack of news is killer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Ock (Post 25231441)
And I thought this place couldn't get any cooler! :D

you didn't? Well it's about to get even cooler

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
:word:


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
only *cool* people wear sun glasses

ThePowerCosmic 02-21-2013 01:31 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
I think it's awesome how much Thor's wardrobe for the new Avengers cartoon coming out reflects his wardrobe in TDW. Loving that side scale-mail. I think the edges of his sleeves(right by his wrists) should be red and some armor could be added to his chest area, but it still looks fantastic without that imo.


Hawkingbird 02-21-2013 02:17 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part
 
I don't like how the scales start half way up his sleeves. Seems a bit random.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of Mandatory, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.