The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Misc. and Multiplatform Games (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=459527)

Soapy 06-11-2013 01:47 PM

Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Now that all the major players have had their E3 press conferences, it's time for round two.

Which next generation console are you most interested in buying?

Did anything you saw at E3 change your mind? Or did it only solidify your previous stance?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/streams/...ktop_large.jpg

http://cdn1-www.playstationlifestyle...on4console.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JmRlnpL.png

ProjectPat2280 06-11-2013 01:49 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Wait, is that a PC in the far right? WTF kind of PC can i build for 300 bux? The cheapest iv been able to put together(using Newegg/Amazon) is 600.


But after E3, im going PS4.

jacobed 06-11-2013 01:50 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Still Xbox. 100 bucks more but it can do so much more. None of used games or online bugs me. Ryse and Titanfall will be must buys. The only exvlusives from Sony I want is Infamous and Kingdom Hearts but they announced today KH also coming to xb1. The exclusives and system just all around better thus the purchase.

MagnarTheGreat 06-11-2013 01:53 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Still voted Leaning PlayStation (4), because I'm not buying one at launch.

Multiplat big-budget games will look better
Mostly better business practices than nearest competitor
$399 launch SKU
More Sony exclusive games to be announced over the course of the generation
Self-published indie games

ProjectPat2280 06-11-2013 01:54 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070517)
Still Xbox. 100 bucks more but it can do so much more.

Like what? Its not doing anything the PS4 cant do, well outside of blocking you from borrowing and lending games, playing SP games without an online connection, trading and playing used games etc.

jacobed 06-11-2013 01:57 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
None of that bothers me. I don't share games with people anyways. Everything with it being the only box in your living room really intrigues me, I could see myself using all that big time. Plus smartglass is phenomenal. It justifies the purchase more than spending 400 bucks for just gaming

eternalinferno 06-11-2013 01:57 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Ps4. Not gonna deal with any of those restrictions that xb1 has, and sony's eexclusives have always been higher in both quantity and quality in my eyes. I also suspect titanfall and ryse to eventually be ported to ps4 down the line. The fact that the ps4 is 100 bucks cheaper is also a huge pplus, and having used playstation plus for a while now, it's such an awesome service. Ps4 all the way.

StrainedEyes 06-11-2013 01:59 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070589)
Everything with it being the only box in your living room really intrigues me, I could see myself using all that big time.

Well, you will also need an HD cable box. So, at least two boxes in your living room.

craigdbfan 06-11-2013 02:00 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
So apparently the whole DRM thing isn't completely over. Jack Tretton said on Game Trailers that while Sony isn't imposing anything like Microsoft they can't say what the developers will choose to do when it comes to DRM.

The story continues...

jacobed 06-11-2013 02:02 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrainedEyes (Post 26070611)
Well, you will also need an HD cable box. So, at least two boxes in your living room.

Which I have and that's not a problem. The so called controveries don't bother me in the slightest

StrainedEyes 06-11-2013 02:04 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdbfan (Post 26070639)
So apparently the whole DRM thing isn't completely over. Jack Tretton said on Game Trailers that while Sony isn't imposing anything like Microsoft they can't say what the developers will choose to do when it comes to DRM.

The story continues...

Not really. That is the same stance Sony and MS took with the current generation.

Microsoft is implementing the 24 hour verification, the sharing limitations, and the retailer account refresh to enforce DRM restrictions. Sony isn't doing anything that they weren't doing on the PS3.

Havok83 06-11-2013 02:04 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 (Post 26070503)
Wait, is that a PC in the far right? WTF kind of PC can i build for 300 bux? The cheapest iv been able to put together(using Newegg/Amazon) is 600.


But after E3, im going PS4.

you can buy a PC for as little as 300 bucks. It may not have the best specs but its definetly available out there

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070589)
None of that bothers me. I don't share games with people anyways. Everything with it being the only box in your living room really intrigues me, I could see myself using all that big time. Plus smartglass is phenomenal. It justifies the purchase more than spending 400 bucks for just gaming

The PS4 works with tablets/phones as well

Nathan 06-11-2013 02:04 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070589)
None of that bothers me. I don't share games with people anyways. Everything with it being the only box in your living room really intrigues me, I could see myself using all that big time. Plus smartglass is phenomenal. It justifies the purchase more than spending 400 bucks for just gaming

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrainedEyes (Post 26070611)
Well, you will also need an HD cable box. So, at least two boxes in your living room.

Plus no backwards compatibility. So if you want to play your old 360 games, you will need to keep that console in the living room. So we are up to 3 boxes. And you can't just exchange the hard drive. So once it's full, and you don't want to uninstall stuff, you will require external hard drives. So basically...


http://i.imgur.com/IqrfOEj.jpg

ProjectPat2280 06-11-2013 02:06 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070681)
Which I have and that's not a problem. The so called controveries don't bother me in the slightest

They dont really bother me either, i mean my net rarely goes down, i rather be connected to the net when i do play games(even if its just sp), i RARELY trade in games or buy used, but its the principle of it all. When i purchase an XB1 game, MS is basically telling me, "hey, you dont actually own that game, you aren't free to do with it what you want, you have to go through us before you trade it in or loan it out". Thats just outrageous to me.

MagnarTheGreat 06-11-2013 02:06 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Yeah it's the same disk policies as PS3. Publishers could have always blocked pre-owned games on the PS3 but they were on their own in order to do so without help from Sony. The disk policies of Xbox changed and got baked into the OS of the One with Microsoft's doing.

craigdbfan 06-11-2013 02:08 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Yeah I'm not denying any of that I'm just saying if the developers/publishers choose to impose more stringent DRM policies then Sony can't really do anything. At least that's what I got from that and seeing as developers are the ones that are hurt the most by the sales of used game then I wouldn't be surprised if some developers do choose to go down that path.

Then again I'm sure they've seen the backlash Microsoft has gotten and maybe most if not all will just avoid that road all together.

Nathan 06-11-2013 02:12 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdbfan (Post 26070753)
Yeah I'm not denying any of that I'm just saying if the developers/publishers choose to impose more stringent DRM policies then Sony can't really do anything.

At that point, it will be up to the consumer. We wield so much freaking power. We don't want it? Well, you won't get our money.

If only gamers would have some patients, and actually work and stick together, to change things like this for the better.

Upset Spideyfan 06-11-2013 02:12 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Definitely PS4.

Its a better gaming machine at 100 cheaper. It doesn't block used games and doesn't require an internet connection, and doesn't have a gross Kinect/Eye device required for use.

As somebody who has no interest in TV the Xbox One has continually fell flat on its face in my eyes. I can live without Halo and Gears.

ProjectPat2280 06-11-2013 02:14 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 26070797)

If only gamers would have some patients, and actually work and stick together, to change things like this for the better.

LOL, id like to see your patience when Battlefront releases with DRM up the ass. Im sure you'll bend over like the rest. We gamers have little to no will power man.

jacobed 06-11-2013 02:14 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 26070715)
Plus no backwards compatibility. So if you want to play your old 360 games, you will need to keep that console in the living room. So we are up to 3 boxes. And you can't just exchange the hard drive. So once it's full, and you don't want to uninstall stuff, you will require external hard drives. So basically...


http://i.imgur.com/IqrfOEj.jpg


I don't have any 360 games worth keeping around and if I fill up 500 gigs, that'll be very impressive. Buying the games is no different than buying a pc game so I don't see the big deal. I have yet to hear a reasonable argument against it.

jacobed 06-11-2013 02:15 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 (Post 26070825)
LOL, id like to see your patience when Battlefront releases with DRM up the ass. Im sure you'll bend over like the rest. We gamers have little to no will power man.

Especially with how great Bf 4 looked. Not really a big Battlefield fan but with how that looked plus 60fps yeah they won me over

ProjectPat2280 06-11-2013 02:16 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070827)
I have yet to hear a reasonable argument against it.

MS is spying on you.

ProjectPat2280 06-11-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070839)
Especially with how great Bf 4 looked. Not really a big Battlefield fan but with how that looked plus 60fps yeah they won me over

Hah yea thats cool too, but i mean BattleFRONT, the new Star Wars game that DICE is making

craigdbfan 06-11-2013 02:18 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 (Post 26070843)
MS is spying on you.

The NSA & any other intelligence agencies through MS is at least. Think of Microsoft as more of a lackey/goon in the midst of all this.

Upset Spideyfan 06-11-2013 02:18 PM

Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 26070827)
I have yet to hear a reasonable argument against it.


My brother serves on a navy ship. This essentially means that the Xbox One would be completely useless to him and his fellow servicemen for long stretches while they are underway, which is exactly the kind of situation you want a game console functioning.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.