The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Transformers: Age of Extinction (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME. (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=373157)

Saitou Hajime 08-31-2012 10:38 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Based on the current Ninja Turtles debacle, it seems like we can more or less expect the same Michael Bay masterpiece in a few years.

Brita21 09-01-2012 03:28 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Is this movie really coming out??

psylockolussus 09-01-2012 11:20 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Yes!

NewYorkSpider 09-07-2012 01:32 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
I really hope Stathem isn't in this. I know he's good for action movies, but to me he just doesn't feel the part as the main character.

Midnyte_Sun 09-17-2012 08:41 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
I was hoping for an allout space brawl

psylockolussus 09-19-2012 01:22 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider (Post 24282599)
I really hope Stathem isn't in this. I know he's good for action movies, but to me he just doesn't feel the part as the main character.

Most of his movies sucked. And I think if he's in this movie, the movie will automatically suck.

jaqua99 09-24-2012 09:47 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
i think this movie will suck regardless

jacobed 09-26-2012 07:35 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime (Post 24246169)
Based on the current Ninja Turtles debacle, it seems like we can more or less expect the same Michael Bay masterpiece in a few years.

Bay has absolutely nothing to do with that script or how the story turns out.

CEREBRAL.... 09-26-2012 01:46 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 24378331)
Bay has absolutely nothing to do with that script or how the story turns out.


He's a director right, this Bay has "limited power" to these movies and how they flow and come across is laughable. He's a big name director, his name is almost above all these movies he directs, so he has total control of what is going on, and that's also what his "team" is for; To sniff out the "bad" that Bay could look over...

He's gonna ruin turtles just as he ruined TF...


*know this is gonna piss off the fans in this thread, oh well. This has to be said, this through is universal.*

knowsbleed 11-15-2012 04:28 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
I'm waiting for the awesomeness. *waits*

Visceral 11-15-2012 04:34 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
I think Steven Segal should play Optimus Prime.

ThePhantasm 11-15-2012 04:37 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Transformers is awesome in the way that a McDonald's hamburger is awesome. If your hamburger is wrapped in paper that has juvenile jokes printed on it.

But yeah, I didn't even watch the third Transformers film. The second one seemed so relentlessly in-your-face and inane that I just couldn't justify in my mind spending another moment on a movie like that. Not my cup of hamburger.

Marvin 11-15-2012 07:45 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... (Post 24379569)
He's a director right, this Bay has "limited power" to these movies and how they flow and come across is laughable. He's a big name director, his name is almost above all these movies he directs, so he has total control of what is going on, and that's also what his "team" is for; To sniff out the "bad" that Bay could look over...

He's gonna ruin turtles just as he ruined TF...


*know this is gonna piss off the fans in this thread, oh well. This has to be said, this through is universal.*

Steven Speilberg's name is on Transformers as well, It's even higher up the chain under the title of executive(executives are notorious for pulling their choke chains and ruining creativity in hollywood, cause get this, they have final say on such things). I guess that makes Spielberg more responsible than Bay for the evil garbage known as Bayformers.

Oh but wait, he's just a producer, unlike the director(bay) he doesn't really input all that much into the story, that's the director(writers a little bit too), right?

hmmm, I wonder, is bay also directing the future ninja turtles crap. No, he's what? Executive producing...you mean the way blameless Spielberg was just producing on those dreadful transformers films and get's zero blame for, cause he wasn't directing(let alone writing)...

You can't have it both ways dude. Pick a side.
There are writers who are responsible for story, there is a composer whom is responsible for the score, and there is such as thing called mandate power, for all it's worth.

The Lizard 12-04-2012 11:37 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
My challenge is thus:
I want to see if Transformers 4 can somehow be more idiotic and retarded than the last two TF movies. It would take some serious work, and total commitment to a level of ridiculous stupidity as of yet almost unseen in big-budget films, but I have faith in the crack team that Michael Bay has assembled. I'm optimistic that we may yet get an even bigger steaming pile of inappropriate, intelligence-insulting robo-crap than we've yet seen. Oh, the possibilities!

Jake Cassidy 12-05-2012 01:56 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Did you like the first movie?

The Lizard 12-05-2012 10:04 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy (Post 24791773)
Did you like the first movie?

When I saw the first TF movie in the theater, yes, I was mostly entertained by it in spite of its many eye-rollingly stupid parts. I think I rated it a 7/10. I chalk that up to the fact that I had recently been let down by the lackluster Spider-Man 3 while TF was just more fun to watch in general, and by the fact that seeing the Transformers in action for the first time around was something novel.

That being said, I can't really go back and watch the first movie with that same moderate level of enjoyment any more, since I'm not willing to sit through all the crap to get to the chaotic robot action, but it's still a better movie (meaning a less annoying movie) than TF 2 or 3.

Octoberist 12-11-2012 05:19 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Do you guys think IF Pacific Rim's robot designs (mech or not) are a sight to behold, that Bay may change up the designs for his 'Formers a bit? Not so drastic but less busy.

TheWiseGuy487 12-11-2012 11:56 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 24832677)
Do you guys think IF Pacific Rim's robot designs (mech or not) are a sight to behold, that Bay may change up the designs for his 'Formers a bit? Not so drastic but less busy.

I notice that in Hollywood, whenever something starts to become popular and becomes a trend, different companies tend to latch onto that trend and take advantage of it (using dubstep in commercials, the Inception horn in movie trailers, etc.).

So, if Pacific Rim does become popular, then you can guarantee that other movie companies making robot films will want their own robot designs to imitate the ones in that film, or they will want to make their own giant mechanized robot movies. Because it's "in". And people like what's "in".

Octoberist 12-12-2012 01:26 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
I think more so than ever, Hollywood is doing it. It's a bigger market now, and much more competitive than it was back in the day. Every studio is trying to guess what's big and latch onto it, even if it dates the product. It's about the now.

def28 12-14-2012 02:37 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 24832677)
Do you guys think IF Pacific Rim's robot designs (mech or not) are a sight to behold, that Bay may change up the designs for his 'Formers a bit? Not so drastic but less busy.

I doubt it, Bay seems to do what he wants without compromise.

I would like to see a more classic look for the bots, but I actually do like the designs when they are transforming.

Bruce Malone 12-15-2012 01:13 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
I love the mark wahlberg quote about the movie potentially being his most important role. Because what transformer fans have been clamoring for all these years for the franchise is... a role that really suit mark wahlberg's career.

CEREBRAL.... 12-17-2012 11:24 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin (Post 24645617)
Steven Speilberg's name is on Transformers as well, It's even higher up the chain under the title of executive(executives are notorious for pulling their choke chains and ruining creativity in hollywood, cause get this, they have final say on such things). I guess that makes Spielberg more responsible than Bay for the evil garbage known as Bayformers.

Oh but wait, he's just a producer, unlike the director(bay) he doesn't really input all that much into the story, that's the director(writers a little bit too), right?

hmmm, I wonder, is bay also directing the future ninja turtles crap. No, he's what? Executive producing...you mean the way blameless Spielberg was just producing on those dreadful transformers films and get's zero blame for, cause he wasn't directing(let alone writing)...

You can't have it both ways dude. Pick a side.
There are writers who are responsible for story, there is a composer whom is responsible for the score, and there is such as thing called mandate power, for all it's worth.

again, you wanna act like Bay does not have total control of TFers, and we all know Speilberg had/has very little to do with TFers beside having his name in the credits. If you wanna have a little smile on your face, then if Bay is only on the turtles movie in name alone, then he is not responsible for the issues they been having, but since he has (or had been) blogging about the movie, and telling concern fans to calm down, something tells me he will be more involved in the turtles movie then Speilberg was for TFs.

Filmboy 01-01-2013 12:53 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Transformers 4: No to Thwaites, Yes To Reynor?



It was ten days ago that Twitch got word Australian actor Brenton Thwaites and American born Nicola Peltz had emerged from the lengthy screen testing process for Transformers 4 as the duo tapped to play the young leads in the film. But more than a week later there has been no official confirmation from the studio - a sign that things haven't gone as smoothly as hoped - and now Irish industry site Iftn is reporting that Irish actor Jack Reynor (star of What Richard Did) has been offered the part with the caveat that Bay is "keen for Paramount ... to agree with his casting decision". Did Thwaites not get the thumbs up from the studio? Will Reynor?

Matt312 01-01-2013 02:55 PM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Some people have said that Nicola Peltz looks like Selena Gomez. So maybe the Studios want a bigger names for the other roles. None of the people who tested for the roles have a big names. Maybe Bays going to recast.

Filmboy 01-02-2013 03:14 AM

Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.
 
Would a transformer buy life insurance or car insurance? lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.