The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=517491)

Kelly 07-27-2016 03:32 PM

WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
https://www.wired.com/2016/07/wikile...l-high-ground/

Transparency is a good thing in my judgment, but when that transparency is tainted with bias, it becomes propaganda....

Any other takes on this?

TheVileOne 07-27-2016 03:35 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Now that Wikileaks is exposing the DNC and Hillary Clinton it sort of helps Trump in the eyes of the public. Of course Wired doesn't like that.

auditor 07-27-2016 05:14 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
It's unfortunate Obama can't just send a drone to take out Julian Assange.

JewishHobbit 07-27-2016 06:17 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Man... the most entertaining aspect of this entire political season and no one's talking about it? I've always been a middle of the road kind of guy in my views with a slight lean toward conservative, but these past few months have completely turned me off of the Democratic party. I wouldn't be able to look my kids in the eye if I supported them in November. Crazy.

DarthSkywalker 07-27-2016 06:27 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JewishHobbit (Post 34021629)
Man... the most entertaining aspect of this entire political season and no one's talking about it? I've always been a middle of the road kind of guy in my views with a slight lean toward conservative, but these past few months have completely turned me off of the Democratic party. I wouldn't be able to look my kids in the eye if I supported them in November. Crazy.

But you could vote for Trump and look them in the eyes?

Charlatan 07-27-2016 06:27 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JewishHobbit (Post 34021629)
Man... the most entertaining aspect of this entire political season and no one's talking about it? I've always been a middle of the road kind of guy in my views with a slight lean toward conservative, but these past few months have completely turned me off of the Democratic party. I wouldn't be able to look my kids in the eye if I supported them in November. Crazy.


Okay vote Trump and let him move those missiles out of Europe and strengthen Russia,N.Korea and Iran's geopolitical situation then.

Nevermind that all parties do what the DNC did. Nevermind that Wikileaks' Assange hates Hillary and loves Putin. Nevermind that Trump lies 97% of the time. Is a serial adulterer and loves to walk over people to make a buck. Just ask his creditors of his 4 bankruptcies who were left holding the bag while he skipped out with full pockets. Or those people he scammed with the Institute and University.

because you know, the Dem's convention leadership was partial to a Dem they had known forever. The GOP probably had worse stuff about Trump in their emails

TheVileOne 07-27-2016 06:28 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
One other side doing wrong doesn't exonerate the other.

Charlatan 07-27-2016 06:30 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVileOne (Post 34021685)
One other side doing wrong doesn't exonerate the other.

true but when adding up the "wrongs" of both candidates (not the party officials) Trump is less trustworthy by far. And I'm not voting for Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Thundercrack85 07-27-2016 06:43 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
I don't like Hillary Clinton, but Donald Trump will set this country back more than Bush.

chaseter 07-27-2016 07:51 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVileOne (Post 34021685)
One other side doing wrong doesn't exonerate the other.

Liberals don't think that way. They're right or you're wrong. Pick one.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Wikileaks destroying Clinton and I despise Trump equally. But, that means I'm doing something wrong because Trump is bad and if I vote third party I'm bringing upon the apocalypse?

JewishHobbit 07-27-2016 07:57 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker (Post 34021673)
But you could vote for Trump and look them in the eyes?

Yes, actually, though I wouldn't be against Gary Johnson either from what little I've read about him. Not a fan of the Green Party lady though. Forget her name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlatan
Okay vote Trump and let him move those missiles out of Europe and strengthen Russia,N.Korea and Iran's geopolitical situation then.

Can you or anyone provide a non-biased link to info on this? I'd love to read up on it.

Quote:

Nevermind that all parties do what the DNC did.
I'm not a fan of any party, so none of that matters to me really. The fact is that as of now we have proof of the Democrats being manipulative and duping people. And chances are that if it comes out that the Republicans were doing the same thing, it'd have been against Trump... so why penalize Trump for it?

Quote:

Nevermind that Wikileaks' Assange hates Hillary and loves Putin.
And that matters why? It doesn't matter who ratted out people doing wrong. What matters were the wrongs they were doing. Them blaming Russia is just misdirecting the wrongness and it's silly that people are somehow falling for that. No, I wouldn't like it if Russia were spying on us, but that's a different issue entirely.

Though it does make me laugh a little how Romney warned people about Russia during the last election and Obama laughed at him about it. You think maybe Romney was onto something? :)

Quote:

Nevermind that Trump lies 97% of the time.
I don't actually believe this. I've never been one to blame media or make excuses for anything. I'm not overly political, but I started really noticing how stacked the media is against Trump. I'd listen to things he'd say and then read news articles tearing it apart in ways that weren't deserved at all. I was reading a fact-checking thing on Trump's speech at the RNC the other day and it tore Trump apart. But then I saw another one criticizing that fact-checking article showing why it was grasping at straws to make points and that his speech was pretty much accurate save for a few simplifications (or something of that nature). Just like with the wikileaks showing democrats giving orders to members of the media... I just don't trust what they say when others can prove them wrong with a little more research.

Ranting... but yeah. This is one of those things that I feel people nitpick to make him look worse than he is.

Quote:

Is a serial adulterer and loves to walk over people to make a buck.
What happens in his bedroom is none of my concern same as it wasn't with all of Bill Clintons' affairs. But as far as walking over people I don't know any examples of this with Trump, but it certainly fits Hillary as well.

Quote:

Just ask his creditors of his 4 bankruptcies who were left holding the bag while he skipped out with full pockets.
He didn't break any laws or anything though, so it doesn't bother me as much. Lots of people go through bankruptcy though. That's a risk creditors go in knowing can happen.

Quote:

Or those people he scammed with the Institute and University.
Never did read up on this. Never could find a nonbiased source to learn about it.

Quote:

because you know, the Dem's convention leadership was partial to a Dem they had known forever. The GOP probably had worse stuff about Trump in their emails
You act like that's no big deal... and the emails show a lot more than just that. And apparently there's a lot more to come.

DarthSkywalker 07-27-2016 08:09 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
So Trump doesn't only have lying down. He is a racist, sexist and all around bigot who has shown zero knowledge on domestic and foreign affairs and how to fix them. That is okay though. Can totally vote for him....

Unbreakable Lex 07-27-2016 08:14 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlatan (Post 34021695)
true but when adding up the "wrongs" of both candidates (not the party officials) Trump is less trustworthy by far. And I'm not voting for Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

I don't know how you can say that. Where is the list of Trumps wrong doings in the name of public service? It's easy to pick out things a business man has done but comparing Donald Trump to a lifelong politician/lawyer/human rights activist simply doesn't compute. There should be no comparison at all. Yet here we are, with proof that she wants to keep her supporters in the dark about her dealings. The Clinton's have essentially stolen the "gate" term from Nixon.

1. Turning the IRS into their personal lynch mob.
2. Cover ups concerning Bill Clinton's affairs
3. Looting the White House when they left
4. Filegate
5. Travelgate
6. White Water
7. Muslim Brotherhood ties to Deputy Chief of Staff
8. Vince Foster
9. Emailgate
10. Chinagate
11. Pardongate
12. Deleting of her Rose Law Firm billing records
13. Cattlegate
14. Saul Alinsky
15. KKK pale Byrd
16. Iranian Fundrasing
17. Clinton Foundation in general
18. Peter Franklin Paul
19. Watergate
20. Norman Yung Yuen Hsu
21. Sydney Blumenthal
22. DNCgate

I mean that's just off the top of my head. The list is seemingly endless. Trump's words have offended many. Why haven't Hillary's actions offended more? Don't actions speak louder than words? Trump is a strong man politician that's benefiting from the country's dissatisfaction of establishment politics. Hillary Clinton is the epitome of establishment politics. Look how her party was all in for her. She is the train.

The GOP really shat the bed with Trump but they are just as messed up and Trump is their atonement. What is the Democrats atonement for their very public and serious mistakes? Why do they get a free pass when the GOP does not?

Why continue to believe in the politicians that have been proven to lie to you and have been shown to want you in the dark and ignorant? The wheel is broken and we are letting the establishment use media to steer us into the cattle pins. This is why the Bernie supporters are so outraged.

The candidate that was outspoken about our nation's biggest issue, campaign finance reform, was beaten by crooked and possibly illegal campaign finance. And most of the population eats it up because they've been told that the crap this side does isn't as bad as what the other side WILL do. Again, actions speak louder than words.

hitmanyr2k 07-27-2016 08:16 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JewishHobbit (Post 34021629)
Man... the most entertaining aspect of this entire political season and no one's talking about it? I've always been a middle of the road kind of guy in my views with a slight lean toward conservative, but these past few months have completely turned me off of the Democratic party. I wouldn't be able to look my kids in the eye if I supported them in November. Crazy.

As lukewarm as I am about Hillary I continue to be amazed how Republicans play "can you top this?" when it comes to choosing the worst candidates possible for America and then develop amnesia about how terrible they were. GOP savior Reagan, who was a crook, tripled the debt, started the income inequality gap with his trickle-down Reaganomics crap, helped Saddam Hussein assume power with chemical weapons (that worked out great for the next two decades), had embassies attacked and Marine barracks attacked that resulted in 200+ American deaths (didn't get multiple hearings about that though), and illegally traded arms with Iran for hostages while allowing crack cocaine to be funneled into our streets by the Contras with CIA protection to raise money for illegal wars. Top officials in his administration destroyed evidence to try to cover up this stuff (and were indicted and ultimately convicted) but somehow Republicans have white-washed his legacy and brainwashed the public into believing that Reagan was a good President and was tough because of "tear down this wall". Fact is he should have ended his Presidency in a jail cell.

The last two term Republican President brought this country to its knees...blew up a country on false pretenses and fear mongering, put our military in hostile territory and from the comfort of the White House told the enemy to "bring it on", destabilized the entire region, got 4500+ of our troops killed in the middle of a civil war between Sunni and Shiiite, killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians, displaced many more civilians causing hundreds of thousands of refugees trying to escape sectarian violence, didn't take care of the vets and reservists that did multiple tours with a "stop loss" backdoor draft, used deficit spending to hide the true cost of the war because "conservatives" cared so much about debt and deficits back then, and the cherry on top...ignored domestic issues and watched our economy crash and burn on his way out the door.

The damage Republicans have done to this country in my lifetime has been historic. And now their coup de grace is trying to elect a blowhard know-nothing reality TV troll con man because he can use Twitter, dish out half-truths and blatant lies and speak in knuckle-dragger terms that amount to "Trump good, everyone else bad". Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. After 30+ years of complete sh** there's no way I could ever vote Republican and look my kid in the eye.

Slushy 07-27-2016 08:38 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 (Post 34021769)
I don't like Hillary Clinton, but Donald Trump will set this country back more than Bush.

Same old doom and gloom story. You said it 4 years ago and you'll say it again 4 years from now.

:whatever:

Smashlilman 07-27-2016 09:54 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaseter (Post 34022037)
Liberals don't think that way. They're right or you're wrong. Pick one.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Wikileaks destroying Clinton and I despise Trump equally. But, that means I'm doing something wrong because Trump is bad and if I vote third party I'm bringing upon the apocalypse?

This election is like choosing between being ruled by Loki(Hillary Clinton) or the Joker(Donald Trump). :hmr:

Unbreakable Lex 07-27-2016 10:22 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashlilman (Post 34022625)
This election is like choosing between being ruled by Loki(Hillary Clinton) or the Joker(Donald Trump). :hmr:

I like that. Very apt.

chaseter 07-27-2016 11:28 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker (Post 34022119)
So Trump doesn't only have lying down. He is a racist, sexist and all around bigot...

That also kinda describes 90's Bill Clinton that treated women like sex objects, passed a crime bill and DOMA, and talked about cracking down on illegal immigration. Racist crime bill and hard stance on illegal immigration? Check. Bigot DOMA? Check. Sexist? Double D check.

But he's totally folksy now so :heart:

Smashlilman 07-28-2016 05:20 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
You've got to love the wealthy donor powered political system and people get upset when douche bags like Trump take advantage of the outrage.


Charlatan 07-28-2016 05:33 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Assange is a Putin toadie. Assange hates Hillary because of Libya because Qadaffi and Putin were tight. It's no coincidence Snowden went to Moscow. it's no coincidence that Assange reacted as he did concerning the Panama papers. He's not as altruistic as he wants the world to believe.

Charlatan 07-28-2016 05:36 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
The King of Debt

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, the non-partisan fiscal watchdog group that has been taking the lead in tallying up the costs of the presidential candidates’ proposals, has previously estimated that $14 trillion in publicly held debt would rise to $23.9 trillion by 2026 under Clinton’s plans for raising taxes and boosting domestic spending, while soaring to $35.2 trillion under Trump’s proposals for record tax cuts for wealthy Americans and increased defense spending.


oops wrong thread. eep my bad. I'll just leave it though. lol.

chaseter 07-28-2016 05:40 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
I'm not sure I see the silver lining to either of those numbers.

auditor 07-28-2016 09:57 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JewishHobbit (Post 34021629)
Man... the most entertaining aspect of this entire political season and no one's talking about it? I've always been a middle of the road kind of guy in my views with a slight lean toward conservative, but these past few months have completely turned me off of the Democratic party. I wouldn't be able to look my kids in the eye if I supported them in November. Crazy.

When I first started reading, I completely thought you were going to say you were turned off the republican party.

Thundercrack85 07-28-2016 10:35 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slushy (Post 34022255)
Same old doom and gloom story. You said it 4 years ago and you'll say it again 4 years from now.

:whatever:

Because they're the same stupid policies that wreck the economy? Come back to me with something other than tax cuts for the rich, and we'll talk.

Thundercrack85 07-28-2016 10:36 PM

Re: WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by auditor (Post 34027953)
When I first started reading, I completely thought you were going to say you were turned off the republican party.

He's a conservative ideologue.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.