The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Dark Knight Rises (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Release date? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=311158)

Gamma Ray 09-04-2008 04:54 PM

Release date?
 
When is a likely release date?

RKO 09-04-2008 05:09 PM

Re: Release date?
 
hmmm. I go for July 15, 2011.

ThePoisonPuppet 09-04-2008 05:36 PM

Re: Release date?
 
2011 is a good year I think. 2012 at the latest. If the series goes on much beyond that Bale and several other people will be getting too old.

dlvillarreal 09-04-2008 05:50 PM

Re: Release date?
 
I saw this in another thread talking about the release. I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwlBoy (Post 15316480)
Maybe 2012?

December 12, 2012?

And that that's how the world ends because they'd make a movie that's better than TDK which couldn't possibly exist and therefore reality rejects such an impossible thing and rips itself apart?

:brucebat:


Drizzle 09-05-2008 11:54 AM

Re: Release date?
 
June 2011. July was too long a wait for TDK, even though it was more than worth the wait.

spiderral 09-05-2008 12:27 PM

Re: Release date?
 
I say (like the others) 2011. And like the PoisonPuppet said the actors will get too old and I'd hate to see characters in a great Batman film like that!

Fanticon 09-05-2008 01:19 PM

Re: Release date?
 
Summer 2012. Think of it...WB is still riding this one all the way to the bank...and all the Oscar talk will continue to play out until next spring (just imagine if it wins a few:wow::cwink: )...not to mention the mega-bucks TDK is going to bring in from DVD and Blu-Ray etc. An announcement probably won't come until Spring 2009 about a third film, and if Nolan and crew and cast are attached...production probably won't begin until late 2010...they'll skip a summer to make room for Harry Potter to finish while keeping the TDK sequel super secret...and by 2012 Summer....not doomsday, we'll get our sequel!

Nirvana 09-05-2008 02:49 PM

Re: Release date?
 
2011.

[A] 09-05-2008 02:49 PM

Re: Release date?
 
Summer 2012. Just before the apocalypse

dlvillarreal 09-05-2008 02:57 PM

Re: Release date?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanticon (Post 15611753)
Summer 2012. Think of it...WB is still riding this one all the way to the bank...and all the Oscar talk will continue to play out until next spring (just imagine if it wins a few:wow::cwink: )...not to mention the mega-bucks TDK is going to bring in from DVD and Blu-Ray etc. An announcement probably won't come until Spring 2009 about a third film, and if Nolan and crew and cast are attached...production probably won't begin until late 2010...they'll skip a summer to make room for Harry Potter to finish while keeping the TDK sequel super secret...and by 2012 Summer....not doomsday, we'll get our sequel!

Yeah..I could see them skipping a summer for the HP movies to end.

spideyman101 09-05-2008 03:10 PM

Re: Release date?
 
July 15, 2011

1: Every Chris Nolan Batman film thus far has been in July and in the teen's... BB: 15 (?), TDK: 14

2: July 15th is on a Friday: good day to open a film...

I think it's safe to say that it'll be the 15th of July... It's almost a guarantee.

Drizzle 09-05-2008 03:33 PM

Re: Release date?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spideyman101 (Post 15612506)
1: Every Chris Nolan Batman film thus far has been in July and in the teen's... BB: 15 (?), TDK: 14

Batman Begins came out in June. And The Dark Knight came out on the 18th, not the 14th.

escobar2248 09-06-2008 09:41 AM

Re: Release date?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderral (Post 15611448)
I say (like the others) 2011. And like the PoisonPuppet said the actors will get too old and I'd hate to see characters in a great Batman film like that!

How on earth will the actors be too old??

It's only three years from now. :whatever:

Fax 09-06-2008 07:16 PM

Re: Release date?
 
June 17th 2011.

Yurka 09-06-2008 07:16 PM

Re: Release date?
 
2011 for sure, there wont be a 4 year gap.

[A] 09-06-2008 07:18 PM

Re: Release date?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yurka (Post 15619087)
2011 for sure, there wont be a 4 year gap.

Wanna bet ?

Excel 09-07-2008 12:39 AM

Re: Release date?
 
It will not be 2012. OR 2011.

It will be 2010.

nolan's roll'n 09-07-2008 01:55 AM

Re: Release date?
 
^Excel 2010 is way to early, they'd have to be in pre-production by now if it were to come out then. I'd say release Batman 3, June 11, 2011.

Yurka 09-07-2008 01:13 PM

Re: Release date?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeghast (Post 15619091)
Wanna bet ?

Yes actually. :o

SuperZer0 09-07-2008 05:51 PM

Re: Release date?
 
Spider-Man 4 will be released in May, 2011, so Batman 3 should be released in July, 2011, two months after the release of Spider-Man 4. We don't want Batman 3 to be in competition with another comic-book franchise like Spider-Man.

Gotham22 09-07-2008 06:56 PM

Re: Release date?
 
2011, Still doing that three year gap with the films as always.

SPIDERMAN117 09-07-2008 11:51 PM

Re: Release date?
 
June 24 2011. or July just so after Mavel releases there films Dark Knight Sequel can be succecfull to

FCEEVIPER 09-08-2008 12:06 AM

Re: Release date?
 
In 3 years.

Jokers_Wild 09-08-2008 11:46 AM

Re: Release date?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yurka (Post 15619087)
2011 for sure, there wont be a 4 year gap.

Agreed, fours years is tooo long. Three years is just right to make sure the film isn't a rush job. I'd say July 2011.

[A] 09-08-2008 12:18 PM

Re: Release date?
 
2012! 2012! 2012!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.