The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor: The Dark World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 10 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456809)

jaqua99 05-06-2013 10:01 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkilban2;25779377[B
]I've seen all the twilight movies[/B] out of curiousity (and boredom).. They suck haha, the 4th one had a cool battle but it was all a dream basically. But yeah music was cool, I love a lot of anything instrumental though.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Endeavor 05-06-2013 10:22 PM

It's true. Twilight sucks

mkilban2 05-07-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaqua99 (Post 25780985)
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaat

hey, you never know if you won't like something until ya try it! In this case.. please burn it with fire for a long time.

jaqua99 05-07-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkilban2 (Post 25781905)
hey, you never know if you won't like something until ya try it! In this case.. please burn it with fire for a long time.

lol Oh I am taking your word for it.

mkilban2 05-07-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaqua99 (Post 25781951)
lol Oh I am taking your word for it.

I thought Hunger Games books were stupid and girly type stuff and then I was told otherwise and read them and their pretty decent, loved the first and second but the third was disappointing. The movie isn't too bad either and I'm looking forward to the 2nd one (my favorite of the books)

Donar 05-07-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Sif (Post 25778363)
I just have to ask, since your name is Donar... are you from Germany maybe? :dry: I didn't get the TDW trailer in IM3.

No, Lady Sif, I'm not from German.
You were probably unlucky in your choice of theater, I guess.:yay:

BigThor 05-07-2013 02:46 AM

I definately got it in my theater and I was very happy to see it on the big screen.

Smashlilman 05-07-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 25782467)
I definately got it in my theater and I was very happy to see it on the big screen.

I hope they show it before MOS or Star Trek because i didn't get the trailer before my IM3 showing.

Vartha 05-07-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkilban2 (Post 25781905)

hehehe OR Surtur's TWILIGHT sword hahahaha

Lady_Sif 05-07-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donar (Post 25782423)
No, Lady Sif, I'm not from German.
You were probably unlucky in your choice of theater, I guess.:yay:

Mh, ok... I guess we will get the trailer in other movies maybe. Maybe in Man of Steel or Wolverine lol.

@Twilight: I prefer alternate endings... :woot:
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...58-800-600.jpg

M-2 05-08-2013 12:56 PM

Random Thought:

The Post Credit scene in Thor, doesnt really make sense in the context of Avengers. Watched the film the other day and when I saw the post credit scene, I just realised that it doesnt make much sense. It shows that Loki already knows Selvig and already has the ability to manipulate him without the staff.

I know its a real minor detail, and probably re-wrote some stuff after a he filmed that scene.

Just a thought.

jonathancrane 05-08-2013 01:05 PM

My theater did not show the Dark World trailer either, which sucks, as I was excited about seeing it on the large screen. But, they made sure they showed the Man of Steel one....grrr.

sabetoonth 05-08-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-2 (Post 25792425)
Random Thought:

The Post Credit scene in Thor, doesnt really make sense in the context of Avengers. Watched the film the other day and when I saw the post credit scene, I just realised that it doesnt make much sense. It shows that Loki already knows Selvig and already has the ability to manipulate him without the staff.

I know its a real minor detail, and probably re-wrote some stuff after a he filmed that scene.

Just a thought.

I think the differene between the PCS in Thor and what he does in TA is persuasion/influence and not the, as Fury said it, "turning [Selvig and Barton] into his personal flying monkies"

Broseph44 05-08-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabetoonth (Post 25792519)
I think the differene between the PCS in Thor and what he does in TA is persuasion/influence and not the, as Fury said it, "turning [Selvig and Barton] into his personal flying monkies"

This, it was just persuasion on Loki's part in the thor post credits. Avengers he gained full control.

Silvermoon 05-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Random Thought:

Just a thought.

Quote:

Yeah, I go with what sabetoonth said. I see it as just a little persuasion - not the full on mind control that we get with the scepter. Selvig probably would've taken the job anyways - given the scientific knowledge that could be learned from the Tesseract - Loki just nudged his mind to ensure it and then probably gave him little bits of guidance, implant an idea here and there, along the way to make sure Selvig would do things in a way that would allow the portal to open so that Loki could get to Earth.

ctsketch 05-08-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvermoon (Post 25792655)
Yeah, I go with what sabetoonth said. I see it as just a little persuasion - not the full on mind control that we get with the scepter. Selvig probably would've taken the job anyways - given the scientific knowledge that could be learned from the Tesseract - Loki just nudged his mind to ensure it and then probably gave him little bits of guidance, implant an idea here and there, along the way to make sure Selvig would do things in a way that would allow the portal to open so that Loki could get to Earth.

Kinda like how in TA He nodded at banner and banner rubbed his head and later grabbed the scepter in anger.

Endeavor 05-08-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

That's how I understood it.
The Thor AC scene showed Loki using Selvig for recon and there was hint of persuasion.
What we saw in Avengers was total possession of the person's mind and body.

Lady_Sif 05-08-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Random Thought:

Just a thought.

In the after credit scene of Thor Loki looked like he has been having no good time. His face is covered in dust and he looked damaged actually. I think he has that power, but it is limited. The staff would increase those powers immensely. Cause for what he has planned he would need more people than Selvig.

DarthSkywalker 05-08-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsketch (Post 25792765)
Kinda like how in TA He nodded at banner and banner rubbed his head and later grabbed the scepter in anger.

Think that was different. That was Loki's glee at seeing Banner there. His plan was working. Don't think any magic was involved.

I take the post-credit scene in Thor as one of two things. He either A) finds the cube on his own and then makes his deal with Thanos, or B) is being projected by Thanos across time and space so he can search for the cube.

In either situation, he is simply demonstrating the ability to somewhat control others, but it is by no means the leave he goes to when he has the staff.

ctsketch 05-08-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker (Post 25795567)
Think that was different. That was Loki's glee at seeing Banner there. His plan was working. Don't think any magic was involved.

I take the post-credit scene in Thor as one of two things. He either A) finds the cube on his own and then makes his deal with Thanos, or B) is being projected by Thanos across time and space so he can search for the cube.

In either situation, he is simply demonstrating the ability to somewhat control others, but it is by no means the leave he goes to when he has the staff.

it doesn't seem coincidence that Banner reacted to a glance from Loki though

Bren 05-09-2013 06:29 AM

Yup, touching his head immediately after Loki looked at him made me think Loki did SOMETHING to Banner.

Rock Sexton 05-09-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 25797753)
Yup, touching his head immediately after Loki looked at him made me think Loki did SOMETHING to Banner.

Yeah, it's the same reactions you saw from a couple of the heroes during the argument in the lab.

I love that scene though, watching Loki walk by Banner with that smirk on his face. It's one of my favorite obscure moments in the movie.

mkilban2 05-09-2013 03:29 PM

Yeah, Loki was in Banner's head and was basically what caused him to Hulk-out.. basically his plan all along lol. I loved that, then the reveal later that Banner actually has Hulk under control and that was basically a freak accident on the Helicarrier was awesome.

Vartha 05-09-2013 04:07 PM

Posted a couple Wallpapers in the Fanart section. Darkened the backgrounds to foucus more on Thor

Repulsor Blast 05-10-2013 12:20 AM

Looks like i get to see Thor TDW early thanks to my sister much like how i got to see Iron Man 3 on the 22nd of April.

The aussie release date is October 31, so i'm assuming i will get to see it on the 29th.

yay :)