The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=463889)

Thread Manager 08-18-2013 01:10 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Tgrant42 08-18-2013 01:10 PM

Lex Luthor Casting Thread

BOOM! There, I said it. Who's with me?

DKDetective 08-18-2013 01:10 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwings (Post 26664653)
DiCaprio?

Who else? He is so perfect in so many ways if I do say so myself, even though I am gunning for Damian Lewis.

Robin91939 08-18-2013 01:12 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 1

I'll say it again.

Brad. Pitt.

-R

GreenKToo 08-18-2013 01:12 PM

Leo would be my # 1 choice, followed by cranston, hardy, Denzel, hamm if he didnt get Bats, or sean bean.
Let me add Isaacs as well. i've been saying his name for 7 years now for lex lol.

Bruce Malone 08-18-2013 01:13 PM

I think only a few actors out there can really pull off the bald headed look and still look intimidating to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if this lex isn't totally bald in the film?

For example not that I think Dicaprio would take the role but if he did I don't think he'd look all that great totally bald? While for some actors that wouldn't be a problem.

regwec 08-18-2013 01:22 PM

I don't really understand choices like Pitt, Damon, or Di Caprio. I just find them boring and over-exposed. There is also the fact that choosing someone like that risks the movie becoming about their performance, a la Nicholson's Joker. I don't know this Cranston fellow, as I don't watch TV, but either him or Mark Strong would be much more palatable in my opinion.

DKDetective 08-18-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regwec (Post 26664805)
I don't really understand choices like Pitt, Damon, or Di Caprio. I just find them boring and over-exposed. There is also the fact that choosing someone like that risks the movie becoming about their performance, a la Nicholson's Joker. I don't know this Cranston fellow, as I don't watch TV, but either him or Mark Strong would be much more palatable in my opinion.

You should watch Cranston's magnum opus performance on Power Rangers to familiarize yourself with his work.

Sex 08-18-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Couldn't agree more.

Cranston is a great actor but I would prefer a young Lex. Strong is my #1.

MrMaooz 08-18-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Dicaprio is a big name who would get asses to the movie. He isn't overexposed anyway imo.

Robin91939 08-18-2013 01:44 PM

Pick the best actor for the part. I don't care if they're a $20 million-star, or a Golden Globe winning TV star. Pick the best actor for the part. I just feel like the man to play a likable, believable, corporate business man but at the same time, a sinister, cold, calculating shark is Brad Pitt. We need a guy who can make the public love him, and who we will love to hate when we see what he is really up to.

My list of choices are:

1.) Brad Pitt
2.) Tom Hanks
3.) Mark Strong
4.) John Hamm
5.) Michael Rossenbaum
6.) Jason Isaacs
7.) Jeffrey Donovan

Guys who would have been great that I will have to rule out:
Tom Hardy (Bane)
Guy Pearce (Mandarin)

-R

MrMaooz 08-18-2013 01:45 PM

Speaking of Lex, how many movies should we expect him in? Is it possible he might bite the dust in this?

DKDetective 08-18-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

See, for me, it is the opposite in that I feel like Strong is overexposed in villainous roles. That is why I find him so boring a choice. In contrast, Damon and Dicaprio typically portray heroes/protagonists. For them to play a villain like Luthor is refreshing and different.

Puckenstein 08-18-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin91939 (Post 26664987)
7.) Jeffrey Donovan

There's a name that's been in my head for a while. I think he has most of the right qualities to play Lex. I could support this. :up:

Robin91939 08-18-2013 01:52 PM

I'll bet that Matt Damon gets it -- or will get a VERY strong look.

Nolan and co. like him. And I know that Christopher Nolan won't have a huge hand, if any, in this film, but Roven will. And Damon was offered the role of Harvey Dent. They like him as an actor -- and they like him as a villain.

-R

Vaibow 08-18-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin91939 (Post 26665051)

Nolan and co. like him. And I know that Christopher Nolan won't have a huge hand, if any, in this film, but Roven will. And Damon was offered the role of Harvey Dent. They like him as an actor -- and they like him as a villain.

-R

i agree.. he was good in the departed...translates well.

Airwings 08-18-2013 02:19 PM

Jason Isaacs is actually an interesting suggestion. I think it could work very well. He hasn't had such a big role before.

Matt Damon could work if they want a physically strong Lex. He did shave his head for Elysium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMaooz (Post 26664985)
Dicaprio is a big name who would get asses to the movie. He isn't overexposed anyway imo.

Oh, really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMaooz (Post 26664993)
Speaking of Lex, how many movies should we expect him in? Is it possible he might bite the dust in this?

They just reboot Supes and have Lex again. Problem solved!

Loki882 08-18-2013 02:25 PM

Dicaprio tends to be rather selective in his roles these days. Not quite as selective as DDL, but selective nonetheless. He doesn't pop up everywhere, so he isn't really overexposed.

Masone 08-18-2013 02:41 PM

Idris Elba for me.

TheFlamingCoco 08-18-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin91939 (Post 26665051)

-R

He would be very good, because it would work better as a twist villain, I think. Hamm wouldn't have that type of "shock value" I think.

Gamma Goliath 08-18-2013 05:27 PM

Patrick Wilson is who im sticking with. He's worked with snyder already and I feel he'd be a great Lex Luthor. He can do charismatic and loveable but also cunning and deceptive.

my secondary picks:

Mark strong
Tom Hardy
Jason Isaacs

TheFlamingCoco 08-18-2013 05:34 PM

Patrick Wilson would create a Lex you wish WASN'T bad. I think that's powerful. Patrick for Lex :)

Jumpin' Jack 08-18-2013 05:35 PM

I wouldn't mind DiCaprio, Damon, Damian Lewis or Idris Elba as Lex Luthor they've all got the range to do whatever version of the character they decide to do!

Gamma Goliath 08-18-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco (Post 26666499)
Patrick Wilson would create a Lex you wish WASN'T bad. I think that's powerful. Patrick for Lex :)

Which is exactly the way I see Lex. The kind of Lex we need imo. Patrick Wilson for Lex Luthor.

shauner111 08-18-2013 05:42 PM

It's gonna be a big name so no.