The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Dark Knight (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=304)
-   -   Anthony Michael Hall in TDK (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=273453)

GoldGoblin 05-22-2007 01:53 AM

Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

How many villains/characters are gonna be in this movie,and which ones are they,I haven't been checking?

TheComicbookKid 05-22-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousInc. (Post 11700420)
TDK has Joker, Harvey Dent, Maroni, Scrarecrow, Selina @ the end and now possibly Riddler? Thats more than the 3 villians in SM3 every1 hates!

People didn't dislike Spidey for having 3 villains. it was because they were done badly.

Scarecrow-already established
Selina-just a name
Joker -main villain.
Harvey Dent-just need a little exposition/ character setup for third movie
Maroni-crime boss. nuff said.

CConn 05-22-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousInc. (Post 11700420)
TDK has Joker, Harvey Dent, Maroni, Scrarecrow, Selina @ the end and now possibly Riddler? Thats more than the 3 villians in SM3 every1 hates!

There was more than 3 villains in BB and it wasn't hated.

I wish people would wake up and realize the number of villains doesn't matter. It's all about how they're presented. And how many PLOTLINES there are. That was people's problem with SM3; not that there was 3 villains in it, but the fact that it was so jammed packed, that the villains were shortchanged.

Katsuro 05-22-2007 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CConn (Post 11700533)
There was more than 3 villains in BB and it wasn't hated.

I wish people would wake up and realize the number of villains doesn't matter. It's all about how they're presented. And how many PLOTLINES there are. That was people's problem with SM3; not that there was 3 villains in it, but the fact that it was so jammed packed, that the villains were shortchanged.

I think Spider-Man 3's problem can best be descried not as having too many villains, but having too many MAIN villains. Three guys all vying for the spotlight, it just didn't work. You could easily argue for any one of the three as being the main villain (Sandman was marketed as such, Goblin had the most screen time, Venom was the most dangerous).

On the other hand, Falcone had a much smaller part than Ra's or Scarecrow, and he accepted it. He filled his role, and didn't demand any more attention than he got. Same goes for Zsasz. No one criticizes the lack of characterization of Zsasz, because we didn't expect it from him. If this were Spider-Man 3, we'd get some sad story about why Zsasz does what he does, yet never resolve it and give him no more screen time than he had in Begins.

mystory64 05-22-2007 02:12 AM

1980's Pop culture thought #24

Anthony Micheal Hall returns to the big screen in a comic book movie next summer.... so does Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man...

Could we soon be seeing the return of the Coreys as well... ?

Scary.

SingItWithMeNow 05-22-2007 03:57 AM

i reckon he's General Zod

chamber-music 05-22-2007 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystory64 (Post 11700562)
1980's Pop culture thought #24

Anthony Micheal Hall returns to the big screen in a comic book movie next summer.... so does Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man...

Could we soon be seeing the return of the Coreys as well... ?

Scary.

Do they two coreys still act?

Antonello Blueberry 05-22-2007 04:43 AM

Will you stop thinking he will be Nigma? He doesn't have the minimal requirement to be a main villain for a Nolan movie, at least the nomination to a Golden Globe if not an Oscar on the shelf.

sasquatchs 05-22-2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuro (Post 11700546)
I think Spider-Man 3's problem can best be descried not as having too many villains, but having too many MAIN villains. Three guys all vying for the spotlight, it just didn't work. You could easily argue for any one of the three as being the main villain (Sandman was marketed as such, Goblin had the most screen time, Venom was the most dangerous).

On the other hand, Falcone had a much smaller part than Ra's or Scarecrow, and he accepted it. He filled his role, and didn't demand any more attention than he got. Same goes for Zsasz. No one criticizes the lack of characterization of Zsasz, because we didn't expect it from him. If this were Spider-Man 3, we'd get some sad story about why Zsasz does what he does, yet never resolve it and give him no more screen time than he had in Begins.

I'd add that there's no need for the same amount of exposition with Batman's villains. A man made of sand? An alien symbiote costume? Those things have heavy setup time.

Scarecrow? A man that likes to scare his victims with drugs. Falcone? A gangster. Ra's, had some kind of tragic past, wants to return things to a natural order. As much some complain about how long it took to explain Batman's story, all the villain's backstories in Begins were dealt with very economically.

DangerousInc. 05-22-2007 05:19 AM

So who does everyone think Hall is playing?

mystory64 05-22-2007 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamber-music (Post 11700666)
Do they two coreys still act?

Did they ever? :oldrazz:

Oh well I have no idea should probably go check out imdb to see whats up with them... I kill for a direct to dvd sequel to License to Drive :) Maybe with Micheal Dudikoff as the ex-army turned DMV instructor... as for Hall my money is on the Sons of Batman theory although someone mentioned a resurrected Ras... that would be cool too.

chamber-music 05-22-2007 05:51 AM

resurrected Ras would be genius

R_Hythlodeus 05-22-2007 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamber-music (Post 11700708)
resurrected Ras would be genius

I have to agree:woot:

echostation 05-22-2007 06:13 AM

He's playing future Azrael... note the Wannabe batman role indication on darkhorizons... they say that his role is that of a "wannabe batman through out the film." This points strongly to a possible Azrael storyline with BANE

Antonello Blueberry 05-22-2007 06:21 AM

Maybe it's KiteMan.

R_Hythlodeus 05-22-2007 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonello Blueberry (Post 11700729)
Maybe it's KiteMan.

I´m too lazy to google it...
who is KiteMan?

Joker's Lackey 05-22-2007 08:21 AM

My theory is AMH is the Riddler.
I think he helps bats find the Joker or something. Helps put some clues together or some sort, but I really, without any proof, that he is the Riddler.

Batman FREAK 05-22-2007 08:25 AM

Killer Croc.

That is all. ;-)

Batman FREAK 05-22-2007 08:26 AM

Killer Croc.

That is all. ;-)

Batman FREAK 05-22-2007 08:26 AM

Killer Croc.

That is all. ;-)

TheJaberwock 05-22-2007 08:36 AM

Maybe he is playing the guy Dent is questioning during Maroni's trial as shown in the sides? I think his name was Rossi?

NinjaTurtleFan 05-22-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggyaggie457 (Post 11700170)
Please provide the evidence that says that if Nygma appears in the film:

A. He has to become the Riddler now, and

B. He has to work for Joker.

Can he not just simply be Edward Nygma as it was with Dr. Connors in the Spidey films?

Well, think about it.... Joker has been known to use jack-in-the-boxes and children's dolls as bombs. Nygma could be his bomb-maker. Makes sense to me really.

Nepenthes 05-22-2007 09:32 AM

A scientist at Wayne Tech develops a combination of neural drug + sonar frequency that makes people subservient to commands. He wants to use it for crowd control after the Jokers attacks cause mayhem, but Lucius Fox says 'no way dude' and fires him .In movie three he's a minor crook who holds up banks with a gang of blonde teenage models in storybook costumes, but Two-Face says 'that ain't right man' and blasts holes in his hat.

Eros 05-22-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ring Deacon (Post 11700966)
I have a feeling he could be a DC universe hero. I put my money on The Question.

Highly unlikely.

Mysterio 05-22-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelsheen (Post 11700077)
are we sure that The Joker wont make it to film#3?

Two-Face is pretty much in the bag at this point, but who else will go up against the Dark Knight in the 3rd film? this franchise always had two villains for Batman to contend with. can it be a Two-Face/ Riddler tandem in BB#3?

David Goyer confirms 'The Joker' in the Batman sequels

Tuesday, May 10th, 2005

"The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and Dent in bringing down The Joker...but not killing him, which is a mistake they made in the first one," Batwriter David Goyer tells the latest issue of U.S. movie magazine PREMIERE. "In the third, the Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process."
http://www.movieweb.com/news/81/7781.php