The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Dark Knight (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=304)
-   -   Anthony Michael Hall in TDK (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=273453)

Rezzo 06-26-2007 02:27 PM

Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1000 Miles (Post 11988025)
Hi,

Don't know whether anyone has posted this idea yet (a cursory scan through the thread suggests not, but if so, I apologise)

AMH as a 'Bat-wannabe' - a good guy who is also a bad guy:

DEADSHOT
He initially appeared in Gotham City as a new crimefighter, but was revealed to be an enemy of Batman when he attempted to replace the Dark Knight. When this plan failed, he attempted to become king of Gotham's Underworld. Batman and Commissioner Gordon publicly exposed his plot, and he went to jail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot_%28comics%29

or even:

THE CAVALIER
Who was given a similar backstory when he was reinvented in Legends of the Dark Knight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalier_%28comics%29

Yet I suppose with everything else going in this film (Joker origin, setting up Dent's downfall) there probably wouldn't be enough screentime.

But as a cameo in the same vein of Mr Zsasz... Deadshot or The Cavalier would rock! And would tie in nicely with the 'escalation' theme. Not just the criminals being inspired by Batman to take on elaborate disguises / motifs, but would-be vigilantes too.

Doesn´t sound like it would make sense since AMH said he would have several scenes with Morgan Freeman

1000 Miles 06-26-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bauer00 (Post 11988068)
Doesn´t sound like it would make sense since AMH said he would have several scenes with Morgan Freeman

Hmmm... didn't know that. But both Floyd Lawton (Deadshot) and Mortimer Drake (The Cavalier), were originally conceived as Bruce Wayne style socialites (the latter being retconned into an actor), so it's not inconceivable they could move in the same circles as Lucius Fox?

Nepenthes 06-26-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1000 Miles (Post 11988025)
THE CAVALIER.

man you are fcked in the head. lol.

Deadshot could be a good idea idea though. TDK could very easily need an assassin and so why not drop in an established character?, it happened with Zsasz. A while ago some guy was trying to pretend he had inside info, he suggested AMH was David Caine. same idea but Deahshot's better. :up:

1000 Miles 06-26-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nepenthes (Post 11988170)
man you are fcked in the head. lol.

Deadshot could be a good idea idea though. TDK could very easily need an assassin and so why not drop in an established character?, it happened with Zsasz. A while ago some guy was trying to pretend he had inside info, he suggested AMH was David Caine. same idea but Deahshot's better. :up:

Cheers! Well, if either suggestion actually pans out to be true, you know where you heard it first. :yay:

Suppose I better get on with this essay I've been putting off for days...

Majick Ninja 06-26-2007 03:02 PM

Maybe Anthony Michael Hall is a brilliant scientist who works for Wayne Enterprises and Bruce contracts him to build a really hot android chick for him to put to use in promoting his "playboy" image?

Killing Joke926 06-26-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breyfogle_rules (Post 11975185)
Just got back from Riddler's wiki.

Man, this character is very rich. Lots of heady stuff to mine for Nolan's world.
I picture some effete MIT student-type into drugs and some sort of eccentric club scene who's into green clothes and wears purple eye shadow...sort of like Macauly Culkin in Party Monster.
But he's obsessive compulsive, has extreme issues with inadequecy and uses his cypher oriented, game theory, chaos majik genius to compose elaborate hoaxes that cause catastrophic damage. He cannot help but showboat his genius by goading the authorities with clues.
And this is where we will finally see Bruces detective skills.
Not what I think will happen. Just a fantasy scenario I like to toy with.

Replace the faggy Party Moster style with a green tux, a cane, John Lennon shades and derby and you pretty much have described Hugh Laurie from House (who should be the Riddler I might add.) AMH for Vernon Field or Alberto Falcone (personally I'd first choose Adrien Brody but if he were to dye his hair black and loose about 20 or 30 lbs. he might just pull it off).

Or better yet Thomas Elliot; Hush.

Majick Ninja 06-26-2007 03:47 PM

I heard a rumor that what really happens in TDK is that The Joker holds Bruce Wayne the jock, Rachel Dawes the babe, Harvey Dent the unstable loner, Vernon Field the nerd and Jonathan Crane the quiet & weird girly-looking guy hostage on a ferry for an ENTIRE Saturday.

**SPOILER ALERT**

They learn a lot about themselves and each other. Harvey Dent wins over the at first resistant Rachel Dawes, Vernon Field reveals to the others it isn't easy being a nerdy stoolie & that Boss Maroni is very tough on him and Bruce Wayne & Jonathan Crane make a very disturbing connection.

:p

Majick Ninja 06-26-2007 03:52 PM

Oh yeah, and hilarity ensues when The Joker accident gets a piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe. :o

breyfogle_rules 06-26-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killing Joke926 (Post 11988756)
Replace the faggy Party Moster style with a green tux, a cane, John Lennon shades and derby and you pretty much have described Hugh Laurie from House (who should be the Riddler I might add.) AMH for Vernon Field or Alberto Falcone (personally I'd first choose Adrien Brody but if he were to dye his hair black and loose about 20 or 30 lbs. he might just pull it off).

Or better yet Thomas Elliot; Hush.

Yeah. The "faggy" style was to explain his flair in real world terms. To show him as an androgenous, urban fetish freak... which is what he would be in real life, I mean look at this dude. All into that masquerade style. Hanging out with fishnet chicks. Criminal behaviour...it's all seedy industrial club crap. It would give him that frightening "Silence of the Lambs" femininity.

And I live next to MIT. So many of these self important geeks are into that latex and dark techno stuff and have no idea how uncool they look. Would make a perfect villain. Some mixed up egotistical punk you could really despise.

Hugh Laurie is too old I think. And his character is a medical nerd, not a puzzler into trap-door cypher and paradox. Plus, the green tux and derby is too "look at me I am a super criminal for super criminals sake".
Riddler is essentially a puzzle obsessed thief and murderer with a flair for colorful fetish clothes. Minus the murderer\thief part, I know many people like that, and they all fit the description I just laid out.

Not that it matters. AMH is clearly not the Riddler in this. And I wouldnt have cast him even if he was. I'd have cast Adrrien Brody as you suggested. Totally.

The Only Woj 06-29-2007 11:36 AM

I bet AMH isn't in the film. They're just having him onset to confuse us. Then the movie will open and we'll wait and wait for some big reveal with him, and it'll never happen.

wikum 06-29-2007 11:40 AM

Well when you consider that William Fitchner is in the film for one scene, why can't it be the same for good ol' AMH?

The Only Woj 06-29-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuro (Post 11716376)
I think this supposed spoiler is just some guy making crap up. Everything there is pretty much from the sides. Of course, he made one fatal error. There are at least TWO Batman wannabes mentioned in the sides. There's the BRIAN side, and the VIGILANTE side, and the VIGILANTE makes reference to not being the only Batman wannabe. Something like "you need OUR help".

not to mention there were two actors in 'faux' Batman suits at the garage set. likely two different characters, since there were apparent differences in their suits.

kooguy911 06-29-2007 12:18 PM

My theory is hes the one who scars dent in the courtroom. Hes a thug who worked for the joker and after the joker's reign is stopped at the end this thug gets revenge on dent by throwing a chemical or something onto dent's face, and he won't become two-face until batman 3. As for the guy who threw the chemical, Anthony Michael Hall, Two-Face will kill him in Batman 3, getting his revenge and starting his long campain into evil.

Thas my theory.

Night Walker SL 07-05-2007 02:00 PM

I don't know why but with this casting of AMH and Nolan's vision, I have a feeling he is going to play Jean Paul Valley.

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~syntax...s/azrael85.jpg

with this talk of a vigilante running around it seems like the most likely thing. Ive seen him acting in the Dead Zone and he seems more ready for the Azrael route.

perhaps they will link the Order of St. Dumas and the League of Shadows in some way? I personally like the idea of the Avenging Angel doing some dirty work in Gotham while the joker runs amok.

TheBatman072 07-05-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wikum (Post 12019033)
Well when you consider that William Fitchner is in the film for one scene, why can't it be the same for good ol' AMH?

Becuase he said that it's a very recognizable character, and that it's a 200 million dollar surprise.

Something like "bank manager" is hardly that, wouldn't you say?

L0ngsh0t 07-05-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBatman072 (Post 12075635)
Becuase he said that it's a very recognizable character, and that it's a 200 million dollar surprise.

Something like "bank manager" is hardly that, wouldn't you say?

Did Nolan call him a "200 million dollar surprise?"

if so he may be referring to the sequel, i.e. he plays The Riddler or something like that, which would be cool

TheBatman072 07-05-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t (Post 12076442)
Did Nolan call him a "200 million dollar surprise?"

if so he may be referring to the sequel, i.e. he plays The Riddler or something like that, which would be cool

No, AMH himself said it around the time the news of him being cast got out.

And he was talking about THIS movie.

Steelsheen 07-06-2007 04:52 AM

arent we a little too hung up on the $200M quote?

the whole movie costs roughly $200M, thats what he doesnt want to spoil. he didnt say that his role is so crucial as to ruin a $200M movie.

Antonello Blueberry 07-06-2007 07:40 AM

He is the Mandarin.

SpinyNorman 07-06-2007 08:47 AM

He's bat dog.

itsthebatman 07-06-2007 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinyNorman (Post 12083228)
He's bat dog.

Ace the Bat Hound.
http://content.answers.com/main/cont...-Batman133.JPG

ultimatefan 07-06-2007 12:26 PM

This new report http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_Ch...rt_7-6-07.html suggests that AMH is playing a well-known, and morally dubious character from the comics. Hmmm...

sonnyleesmith 07-06-2007 12:30 PM

And we will get a kick out of his appearance? Hmmmmm indeed.

sasquatchs 07-06-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatefan (Post 12084759)
This new report http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_Ch...rt_7-6-07.html suggests that AMH is playing a well-known, and morally dubious character from the comics. Hmmm...

Cool, I'll post this in the Chicago thread too.

remytampa 07-06-2007 12:39 PM

Note the quotations around "mystery". Anyone think that means Riddler?