The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=468445)

psylockolussus 11-17-2013 10:34 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Hopefully, they will do some additional filming with Halle Berry and Anna Paquin!

The Original Bamfer 11-17-2013 10:38 PM

I've been told there are/is reshoots. No further information, though. I don't find it all that exciting since it happens with most films these days.

EnDz0n3 11-17-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figs (Post 27234115)
Someone else mentioned this a few pages back and like I said to them, this is the biggest cop-out.

I agree that some people are nitpicking a few things when it comes to Origins and even The Last Stand, but I don't agree with the flashback idea at all.

As far as I'm concerned, those flashbacks in X2 were accurate. When it comes to the fragmented memory, to me that just means he wasn't able to remember every single thing. The things he could remember were what actually happened. Origins was just a watered down film so they didn't have him covered in blood and being as violent when he awakes after the procedure. The silly fight with that guy who was supposed to be The Blob and then the fact that Logan was a big softy and not as feral and pissed as he's supposed to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer (Post 27234481)
You could assume it was a new-fangled MRI created by Beast prior to X1. It definitely didn't look or act like any MRI I've had.

Excuses for a movie you like. You're not giving in to the same excuses XOW apologists are giving because you hate that movie.

Figs 11-17-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 (Post 27236613)
Excuses for a movie you like. You're not giving in to the same excuses XOW apologists are giving because you hate that movie.

X2 came first and although Singer didn't direct Origins, they should have least kept the operation scene similar. Meaning, don't water it down.

Nell2ThaIzzay 11-18-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer (Post 27234417)
Logan went back to the implied site of his own experimentation in X2, which was in the same vicinity as Stryker's Dark Cerebro project, which would mean Logan's procedure happened underground, where it clearly didn't in Origins.

It very well could have.

Logan exists through a door to the outside, yes, but there were many entrances and exits in Stryker's base in X2 as well that led directly outside. On top of the fact that when Logan arrived at Alkali Lake the first time in X2, there were plenty of abandoned ruins (for lack of a better term) that could have been Stryker's above ground base.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer (Post 27234481)
You could assume it was a new-fangled MRI created by Beast prior to X1. It definitely didn't look or act like any MRI I've had.

So making an unsupported claim to defend X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a "cop out", but making the same sort of excuse for X-Men isn't???

Tymminator 11-18-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeKay (Post 27236429)
So yeah, they're doing some re-shoots over in Montreal.:D

Yup. I hope we hear confirmation of James Marsden popping up for a day or so. :woot:

Primal Slayer 11-18-2013 12:45 AM

Really hoping that Halle is doing some reshoots so they can add in more scenes of Storm doing what they wanted her to originally do before they found out about the pregnancy.

psylockolussus 11-18-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (Post 27237137)
Really hoping that Halle is doing some reshoots so they can add in more scenes of Storm doing what they wanted her to originally do before they found out about the pregnancy.

Thats what I'm hoping for!

EnDz0n3 11-18-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay (Post 27237015)
So making an unsupported claim to defend X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a "cop out", but making the same sort of excuse for X-Men isn't???

It's so clear that's what happening here it's not even funny.

Anyways, looks like Colossus is part of the reshoots. Hopefully means more scenes for Rogue, Storm, et al.

psylockolussus 11-18-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 (Post 27237163)
Anyways, looks like Colossus is part of the reshoots. Hopefully means more scenes for Rogue, Storm, et al.

Clearly, Fox is listening to the concerns of the people, that people want to see more from the OT cast!

chaseter 11-18-2013 01:23 AM

People still debating over Origins? Let that movie die already.

DOFP 11-18-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 (Post 27237163)
It's so clear that's what happening here it's not even funny.

Woah, woah WOAH. Where is all of these news coming from?! :D

A Dollar Short 11-18-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 27236537)
Hopefully, they will do some additional filming with Halle Berry and Anna Paquin!

Yes please!

Tehmeh 11-18-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaseter (Post 27237225)
People still debating over Origins? Let that movie die already.

We really should all assemble into one location at once. Everyone would wear provocative T-shirts that reflect their opinions on X-men movies (ie. "Ratner saved X-men" or "Cyclops got what he deserved" or even "More PG-13 Wolverine, less anything else"). Naturally this would all lead to a massive fight. Fight to the death.

When there is only one man/woman standing, his/hers opinion on the movies would be the official and correct one, and it would be stickied into these forums. Even if the opinion was a crappy one, everyone else would be dead and will not care anymore - until a new generation repeats the same cycle. SOLUTION!

(If this ultimate fight for the correct opinion ever happens, and if I win the fight but at the same time lose my ability to communicate, let it be known in advance that Origins and X3 are by far the crappiest in the franchise)

kasjan 11-18-2013 05:21 AM

Bryan should bring on Halle Berry, and give us scenes he wanted make before she was pregnant.

marvelrobbins 11-18-2013 07:44 AM

If Colossus Is part of addational filming/reshoots then that means more shots for 2023 part
of film.

Mr.M 11-18-2013 07:52 AM

Well, she still has the baby to take care of. Doubt they can film additional action. I think the shots we saw in the trailer will be all in terms of action and she'll bite the dust in that scene (my guess). Unless the green screen or props malfunctioned and they can't get the proper CGI in place alongside her character.

narrows101 11-18-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

X-Men returns to Montreal for reshootsBy BRENDAN KELLY, The GazetteNovember 17, 2013

MONTREAL — One of the biggest movies to shoot in Montreal in years is returning for reshoots in the next few weeks.

Director Bryan Singer and some of the cast and crew of X-Men: Days of Future Past will be back in town before Christmas to shoot some extra scenes for the film, which is the second-most expensive movie ever produced by Hollywood studio 20th Century Fox, behind only Avatar.
Quebec film commissioner Hans Fraikin met with executives at Fox in Los Angeles last week and they confirmed the production is returning to Montreal.

“A couple of weeks is a big reshoot,” said Fraikin, who was in L.A. for the American Film Market, drumming up business for Montreal.

But there is no reason to read into this news that there are any problems with the movie, Fraikin added.

“Not at all,” he said. “It happens all the time, especially with big pictures.”
Filming on the latest instalment in the X-Men franchise began in Montreal in mid-April and wrapped in late August. The film combines the two X-Men franchises — so it works as a sequel to both X-Men: The Last Stand from 2006 and X-Men: First Class from 2011. Many of the key X-Men characters will be travelling across time in this new flick, and so there will be young and old versions of the characters.

For example, Ian McKellen plays the older Magneto and Michael Fassbender plays the younger version of the character, while Patrick Stewart plays the older Charles Xavier and James McAvoy the younger one.

Splicing together the two series makes for a star-studded cast that also includes Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore and Ellen Page. It is set in the 1970s and 10 years in the future.

One of the more notable scenes was shot at city hall in the summer, with the building standing in for a major hotel in Paris, where the Paris Peace Accords were signed in 1973. That was the treaty that officially ended the Vietnam War for the United States.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...588/story.html

One little story that has nothing to do with this - Jackman was on an Australian radio show yesterday and he was asked if Jennifer Lawrence was "cheeky" - he said basically they were all cheeky and told a story about how they all were mucking around with BB guns and everyone thought it was funny until Josh had blood dripping down his [I think he said face].

marvelrobbins 11-18-2013 08:03 AM

2 weeks Is a lot for addational filming.

The question Is are they simply adding stuff or are things being changed.

GuestStar2004 11-18-2013 08:18 AM

Fans will have already decided this is for additional footage, more storm, changed ending and apocalypse ect ect

Spider-Fan83 11-18-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (Post 27237137)

haven't seen her recently, I know she had her baby, but, has she loss the baby weight, yet

The Original Bamfer 11-18-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay (Post 27237015)
It very well could have.

Logan exists through a door to the outside, yes, but there were many entrances and exits in Stryker's base in X2 as well that led directly outside. On top of the fact that when Logan arrived at Alkali Lake the first time in X2, there were plenty of abandoned ruins (for lack of a better term) that could have been Stryker's above ground base.

Find one single post where I even suggested that unsupported claims made in defense of Origins are "cop outs". Don't put words in my mouth.

BMM 11-18-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrows101 (Post 27237861)

:up:

narrows101 11-18-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrows101 (Post 27237861)
http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...588/story.html

One little story that has nothing to do with this - Jackman was on an Australian radio show yesterday and he was asked if Jennifer Lawrence was "cheeky" - he said basically they were all cheeky and told a story about how they all were mucking around with BB guns and everyone thought it was funny until Josh had blood dripping down his [I think he said face].

Here's the BB gun story:

Quote:

Hugh also brings his classic Wolverine character to the upcoming X-Men: The Days of Future Past.

It stars 23-year-old Silver Linings Playbook star Jennifer Lawrence, who has a reputation for being fun on set.

"She's cheeky! That whole set was cheeky!" he laughed.

"They were running around the set with these BB guns and I thought that was cute until Josh [Helman] comes in and he's got blood down his cheek!"
http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_arti...article=119009

SuperT 11-18-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 27237195)
Clearly, Fox is listening to the concerns of the people, that people want to see more from the OT cast!

Yes a major Hollywood director working on a multi-million dollar movie production is listening to some nerds on the Internet. :dry:

Two weeks of reshoots isn't anything out of the ordinay these days.