The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454)
-   -   Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ?? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=353731)

Midguard777 05-12-2011 01:14 PM

Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
We know that Shield was investigating the Cosmic events taking place above New Mexico. We know form Watching the Iron Man Movies that Tony Stark is protecting the entire world flying all around crushing Terriost networks and rouge regimes. Why then would Tony set out the Destoryer confrontation unless Loki never intended for anyone to know the Destoryer was on Earth, He was sent only to Destory Thor which he does and in effect allows Thor to once again regain his power.

I think on reflecting back on the film, that it would have been more effective if Nick Fury had went to Mexico and wittness to Apperance of Thor instead of his agent Sidekick. I want more Sam Jackson in the Marvel Films.

other than that I thought Thor as Amazing and the best Marvel Film to date.

The Morningstar 05-12-2011 01:17 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
At the time of the Destroyer attack Tony was busy creating his new element and getting back on the wagon, so to speak.

The Destroyer attack probably happens the day of the attack on the Stark Expo.

kedrell 05-12-2011 01:29 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
And the Destroyer was on earth all of about 15 minutes.

JerseyJoker 05-12-2011 01:40 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Its like asking why didn't Iron Man show up to help out Hulk vs. Abomination.

kedrell 05-12-2011 01:50 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Both would've had the same reason. By the time he heard about it and got there, the fights would've been over.

Raiden 05-12-2011 01:59 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Budget reason.

DACrowe 05-12-2011 02:06 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Indeed. Iron Man is partying in Cali in these films, so he would only learn of these things on the news after they happen states away. Especially Abomination on another coast. Now, if you pretend that took place in the comic world (or pretend the Raimi or Webb films were part part of MCU) the question arises why Spidey wouldn't know about Abomination? Or Fantastic Four? The problem with the MCU's continuity is that most of them live in NYC, so when someone is fighting a villain and doing massive property destruction and tearing apart Harlem (or a moving train, or a bridge ;) ), why do the other heroes never seem to show up?

The answer? Don't think too hard about the continuity.

kedrell 05-12-2011 02:36 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
That's one thing they're changing in the MCU as opposed to the comic book universe that I really like. They're spreading them out.

Rock Sexton 05-12-2011 03:58 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Midguard777 (Post 20311037)
We know that Shield was investigating the Cosmic events taking place above New Mexico. We know form Watching the Iron Man Movies that Tony Stark is protecting the entire world flying all around crushing Terriost networks and rouge regimes. Why then would Tony set out the Destoryer confrontation unless Loki never intended for anyone to know the Destoryer was on Earth, He was sent only to Destory Thor which he does and in effect allows Thor to once again regain his power.

I think on reflecting back on the film, that it would have been more effective if Nick Fury had went to Mexico and wittness to Apperance of Thor inside of his agent Sidekick. I want more Sam Jackson in the Marvel Films.

other than that I thought Thor as Amazing and the best Marvel Film to date.

To prevent Tony from getting pummeled.

Vartha 05-12-2011 04:03 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Well wasn't Tony busy time line wise, when Destroyer fell to Earth?

Rock Sexton 05-12-2011 04:08 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 20312675)
Well wasn't Tony busy time line wise, when Destroyer fell to Earth?

Yup. Feige has discussed the MCU timeline I'm pretty sure to make sense of questions like the OP presented.

Scandalous 05-12-2011 04:09 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Agent Coulson tells Tony specifically as he's leaving: "I've got something going on in New Mexico." The events that follow transpire at the same time as the events in the last 3rd of IM2.

Earth's a big place. Lots of stuff going on...

the dmg 05-12-2011 04:10 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
With many events in MU happening around the same time frame, it's more than likely Stark was dealing either with Whiplash or the Avengers Initiative.

Alientraveller 05-12-2011 04:11 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
According to this estimate, http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNe...erse-timeline/, the Destroyer attacked on May 19, 2010, and Tony had plenty of time to help out, the briefing at the end of IM2 happened two days later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedrell (Post 20311189)
And the Destroyer was on earth all of about 15 minutes.

And this.

Midguard777 05-12-2011 04:12 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
We see Nick Fury telling Tony that he is troubled by events in New Mexico and that his eyes has to be in other places besides what Stark industries is upto then at the end of Iron Man 2 we see Thors Hammer.

I took that to mean that the events in Thor take place shortly after those in Iron Man 2 ended, Therefore Tony would have the new element well in place by the time Loki sends the Destroyer to New Mexico. And all of sudden Tony would see on Fox News that a little town in New Mexico is getting Nuked by a alien robot. That is a fight that one would think he could not refuse. of Course Tony would not know anything about the anicent Norse Warriors from another realm who was the Villians real target.

I am just saying that the film might have really be on another level if they had used a cameo of Ironman coming to Thors assistance instead of the Warriors Three.

They would have had to get Robert Downey Jr to film a few lines and have Ironman show up and get toasted by the Destoryer, it would have been nice to see Asgardian tech being so much more Advanced to Stark Tech. It also would have been the 1st real Superhero teamup leading us into the Avengers, there is no indication that we see the Warriors three again until Thor 2 which is not even on the schedule at this point.

You would think that Loki would have prevented Thors Allies the Warriors three from coming to Earth in the 1st place.

Think of Thors telling Iron Man that we work for the same cause, Protection of this realm instead of the Agent guy.......(not that the way it played was not good it was but how are the sheild agents there going to explain to Nick Fury that they just ran into Thor A warrior from the Viking days..????

Rock Sexton 05-12-2011 04:22 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Midguard777 (Post 20312757)
We see Nick Fury telling Tony that he is troubled by events in New Mexico and that his eyes has to be in other places besides what Stark industries is upto then at the end of Iron Man 2 we see Thors Hammer.

I took that to mean that the events in Thor take place shortly after those in Iron Man 2 ended, Therefore Tony would have the new element well in place by the time Loki sends the Destroyer to New Mexico. And all of sudden Tony would see on Fox News that a little town in New Mexico is getting Nuked by a alien robot. That is a fight that one would think he could not refuse. of Course Tony would not know anything about the anicent Norse Warriors from another realm who was the Villians real target.

I am just saying that the film might have really be on another level if they had used a cameo of Ironman coming to Thors assistance instead of the Warriors Three.

They would have had to get Robert Downey Jr to film a few lines and have Ironman show up and get toasted by the Destoryer, it would have been nice to see Asgardian tech being so much more Advanced to Stark Tech. It also would have been the 1st real Superhero teamup leading us into the Avengers, there is no indication that we see the Warriors three again until Thor 2 which is not even on the schedule at this point.

You would think that Loki would have prevented Thors Allies the Warriors three from coming to Earth in the 1st place.

Think of Thors telling Iron Man that we work for the same cause, Protection of this realm instead of the Agent guy.......(not that the way it played was not good it was but how are the sheild agents there going to explain to Nick Fury that they just ran into Thor A warrior from the Viking days..????


No.

Iron Man appearing in Thor to help fight The Destroyer would've been awful for the movie - we're getting that kind of thing in The Avengers.

Secondly, Tony had already broken Fury's request one time about leaving the house and Widow warned him not to do it again. He was busy putting his element together, not watching Fox News.

the dmg 05-12-2011 04:34 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Midguard777 (Post 20312757)
We see Nick Fury telling Tony that he is troubled by events in New Mexico and that his eyes has to be in other places besides what Stark industries is upto then at the end of Iron Man 2 we see Thors Hammer.

I took that to mean that the events in Thor take place shortly after those in Iron Man 2 ended, Therefore Tony would have the new element well in place by the time Loki sends the Destroyer to New Mexico. And all of sudden Tony would see on Fox News that a little town in New Mexico is getting Nuked by a alien robot. That is a fight that one would think he could not refuse. of Course Tony would not know anything about the anicent Norse Warriors from another realm who was the Villians real target.

SHIELD kind of took over the town by the end of the film, so I could see no news being on TV.
Quote:

I am just saying that the film might have really be on another level if they had used a cameo of Ironman coming to Thors assistance instead of the Warriors Three.
That would just diminish the impact of Thor by having Ironman try to protect the town as opposed to his friends. It also would change the end of the movie, as Thor would not have found out about Loki's deceit.
[/quote]They would have had to get Robert Downey Jr to film a few lines and have Ironman show up and get toasted by the Destoryer, it would have been nice to see Asgardian tech being so much more Advanced to Stark Tech. It also would have been the 1st real Superhero teamup leading us into the Avengers, there is no indication that we see the Warriors three again until Thor 2 which is not even on the schedule at this point.[/quote]
That would just waste the sight of seeing them together in Avengers, IMO.
Quote:

You would think that Loki would have prevented Thors Allies the Warriors three from coming to Earth in the 1st place.
How could he have known that they would defy him? He didn't realize they left until they were already transported.
Quote:

Think of Thors telling Iron Man that we work for the same cause, Protection of this realm instead of the Agent guy.......(not that the way it played was not good it was but how are the sheild agents there going to explain to Nick Fury that they just ran into Thor A warrior from the Viking days..????
Fury already knows about the hammer, he knows about the Cosmic Cube, he's seen Ironman and Hulk, I think it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to think that another realm exists.

Midguard777 05-12-2011 04:35 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
You are right, I forgot about Widow warning him to leave for any reason. Prehaps I am just over zealous to see a real Marvel Teamup.

Black Widow and War Machine in Ironman was nice but it left me craving more.

Thor and the Warriors Three together was Amazing and it has left me wondering how it will be when Thor confronts the other heros like Ironman and Cap America and then we all know it is coming Thor meets the Hulk....Nuff said.

I am also trying to figure out Shield and their role, because you would think Nick Fury would come out of the Shadows for something like Thor not send his sidekick to check it out.

demitri_vampiro 05-12-2011 04:38 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
it takes time for news reporters to be on the scene. then tony needs to see it first. i recon he is not spending all of his time infront of tv watching news and even when he would see it on the news it takes some time to get there.
destroyer was on earth for 20 minutes or so.

Midguard777 05-12-2011 04:47 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
But Tony could break the Sound Barrier three times over in his Flight suit, and New Mexico is not that far aways form California.....Just saying.

Prehaps he was still on lockdown by Nick Fury putting the element together and that may also explain why Fury was not personal involued with the Thor apperance in New Mexico.

I do need to Watch Thor again I have only seen it one time since release and was blowed away, nx time I will pay more attention to the lines between the characters and not get so caught up in the CGI.

R_Hythlodeus 05-12-2011 04:50 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
According to the timeline posted in the Avengers forum the Destroyer came to eart 3 days after the final battle in IM2. I guess Tony was still exhausted...

DACrowe 05-12-2011 04:52 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Sexton (Post 20312861)
No.

Iron Man appearing in Thor to help fight The Destroyer would've been awful for the movie - we're getting that kind of thing in The Avengers.

Secondly, Tony had already broken Fury's request one time about leaving the house and Widow warned him not to do it again. He was busy putting his element together, not watching Fox News.

Yeah....I hear he watches MSNBC anyway. :funny: (actually him being a neocon kind of makes sense)

But seriously, even he saw it on the news it would have been after Thor destroyed the robot and the threat would be neutralized, so there's no reason for him to show up in NM (though he may have after Thor already returned to Asgard).

Again, it's something you don't need to think about too hard.

Iron_Stark 05-12-2011 04:59 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus (Post 20313181)
According to the timeline posted in the Avengers forum the Destroyer came to eart 3 days after the final battle in IM2. I guess Tony was still exhausted...

If that's the correct timeline, then he would've just gotten together with Pepper and would've been "busy" for a few days.

Midguard777 05-12-2011 05:20 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
So we have Tony appearing at the end of Hulk, We have Nick Fury appearing at the end of Iron Man 1, We have Thors hammer at the end of IM 2. and we have Loki and Nick Fury at the end of Thor..............It looks as if we will be getting some Marvel Artifact at the end of each film going forward leading into the next one.

Lord 05-12-2011 05:26 PM

Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??
 
Iron Man didn't help because the destroyer stayed on earth for only 15 mins, not enough time for news to travel


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.