The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Transformers (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=299)
-   -   The Transformers 20th anniversary movie. (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=262287)

Morgoth 01-10-2007 04:38 PM

The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
I just got it yesterday and just finished watching it. I never saw it before. I loved the 80's hair rock and the Wierd Al song, that surprised me, didn't expect to hear "Dare to be stupid", but it fit pretty well.

All in all a good movie, nice animation, but I wanted to see more Optimus Prime.

Did anyone else get this dvd?

It's really cool. I never got that much into the Transformers, but I watched the 2000 series that ran on Fox, and I liked that. I'm getting a bit into the hype, so I wanted to see something and there was the new dvd. It has alot of cool features.:trans:

shigsy2003 06-10-2007 07:26 PM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Well this thread is five months old but seeing as no one else replied:

Yeah I got this DVD ages ago. I love the film...even though it kills off many characters far too easily.

Fantastic animation and Prime kicks a$$ for the 20 or so minutes he is in it.

Dave McFly 06-11-2007 12:23 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigsy2003 (Post 11839915)
Fantastic animation and Prime kicks a$$ for the 20 or so minutes he is in it.



he SURE does :woot::up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rustgothit.gif

and a gif made by moi ;)

SFII 06-17-2007 10:28 PM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
that movie sucked. hated it back when it first came out in the mid-80s. and i still do.
they never should've killed off Optimus. screw Rhodimus.

Edwin 06-21-2007 11:21 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
:cwink: I bought the 20th anniversary edition of The Transformers movie a few months ago. I gave my old vhs version to a friend of mine at work. I love the special features, but I still hate that Optimus was killed.

I,m brand new to the forum. So I know I can't post a new thread right away. However, here's a question for all you Transformers fans out there on the internet (if you haven't been asked already).

If you were a Transformer, what would you want to transform into?:yay:

Prognosticator 07-09-2007 12:26 PM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
I bought the 20th Anniversary DVD as well a couple of months ago.

This movie is SO bad! But I loved watching the movie a second time with the FAN audio commentary. It made me appreciate the history and the process behind the movie :up:

It's a horrible movie, but a GREAT addition to any TF fan's collection.

The Shredder 07-09-2007 02:20 PM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Bought this one shortly before seeing the Bay TF, and I have to say I loved it! Brought back alot of memories as a kid, and just seeing Starscream (Latta was nothing short of awesome) give Megatron the boot, and having his moment of delusional glory before being exterminated again definately made this worth picking up.

SPIDER-ADDA 07-16-2007 09:47 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFII (Post 11901810)
that movie sucked. hated it back when it first came out in the mid-80s. and i still do.
they never should've killed off Optimus. screw Rhodimus.


Optimus is brought back to life after the movie.
And he becomes the Autobot leader again.

Prognosticator 07-16-2007 10:02 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
^ Yeah, the zombie leader :whatever:

blind_fury 07-16-2007 10:32 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prognosticator (Post 12185935)
^ Yeah, the zombie leader :whatever:

you mean like Jesus? :dry:

Prognosticator 07-16-2007 11:07 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Then there was that whole side-story with 'Doubting Thombot'... :(

The Shredder 07-16-2007 07:13 PM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blind_fury (Post 12186168)
you mean like Jesus? :dry:

Little different.

Unlike Jesus who only returned once, Prime returned twice. With the second attempt being the successful one. :up:

sto_vo_kor_2000 08-21-2007 02:34 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Optimus Prime is dead!!!!!!!!!Long live Optimus Prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elvislennon2005 02-18-2008 07:53 PM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 (Post 12541220)
Optimus Prime is dead!!!!!!!!!Long live Optimus Prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he die in the movie but he return again in the cartoon as The Shredder said.
First, return he came back to destory The Matrix which Rodimus Prime had in the episode titled Dark Awakening. Daniel (Spike's son) found Optimus alive in the Autobots tomb. It was learned that he was not himself and that he was brought back to life by Quintessons and used him to get tot The Matrix but he gave The Matrix back to Rodimus and died.

The second time was in the episode titled The Return of Opitmus Prime. His body was found and brought back to life by a Quintesson for good. Him along with a few Autobots that wasn' infected by the spores which turns everyone on each other. Autobot faces Autobot and Decepticon faces Decepticon. Optimus Prime, Goldbug (Formerly Bumblebee) and others gets the help of Galvatron the only Decepticon not infected to get a substance that was not infect Optimus so he can used the Matrix to save everyone. Optimus became the leader again of the Autobots, of course.


He are those episodes on YouTube:

Dark Awakening:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIBIyea0KkM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD_1SD3VxfM
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTQTo23y7FQ

The Return of Optimus Prime, Parts 1 and 2:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBpGeUjppgM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcmb6RTuuE
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMbNwdOSfx8
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prFu0Q5D7dQ

sto_vo_kor_2000 02-19-2008 12:20 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislennon2005 (Post 14096183)
Yes, he die in the movie but he return again in the cartoon as The Shredder said.
First, return he came back to destory The Matrix which Rodimus Prime had in the episode titled Dark Awakening. Daniel (Spike's son) found Optimus alive in the Autobots tomb. It was learned that he was not himself and that he was brought back to life by Quintessons and used him to get tot The Matrix but he gave The Matrix back to Rodimus and died.

The second time was in the episode titled The Return of Opitmus Prime. His body was found and brought back to life by a Quintesson for good. Him along with a few Autobots that wasn' infected by the spores which turns everyone on each other. Autobot faces Autobot and Decepticon faces Decepticon. Optimus Prime, Goldbug (Formerly Bumblebee) and others gets the help of Galvatron the only Decepticon not infected to get a substance that was not infect Optimus so he can used the Matrix to save everyone. Optimus became the leader again of the Autobots, of course.


He are those episodes on YouTube:

Dark Awakening:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIBIyea0KkM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD_1SD3VxfM
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTQTo23y7FQ

The Return of Optimus Prime, Parts 1 and 2:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBpGeUjppgM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcmb6RTuuE
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMbNwdOSfx8
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prFu0Q5D7dQ

Uhhh.........my post was a joke.

I thank you for taking the time to post all that info but.......I dont want to seem like I'm bragging but there's very little I dont already know about the G1 Transformers toon.

But again I thank you.

AVEITWITHJAMON 02-21-2008 06:20 AM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
The movie was ok, but they shouldnt have killed Prime, Ratchet and Ironhide were killed withing seconds of the movie starting also, and the likes of Bumblebee and Jazz were hardly in it.

Rodimus Prime was no Optimus Prime also.

Golgo-13 06-09-2016 02:51 PM

Re: The Transformers 20th anniversary movie.
 
They're releasing it again..and yes they'll get my money...again! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.