The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Spider-Man: Homecoming (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=655)
-   -   Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=513209)

Talion 04-16-2016 09:06 AM

Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson
 
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/24...er-man-zendaya

Quote:

According to the filmmaker, Zendaya plays Michelle, Revolori plays Flash, Harrier plays Liz, and Batalon plays Ned. “We constantly refer to ourselves as The Breakfast Club,” Harrier says of their relationship.

“I’m [Peter Parker’s] bully and I don’t know how cool he is, but when we call cut, I’m just like, ‘Ah! You’re so cool,’” Revolori recalls of working with Tom Holland, who plays the title character.
Official cast photo for EW:
http://i.imgur.com/GIhGtRc.jpg

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIP_T0Cg...olori&hl=pt-br


Fan art:
http://i.imgur.com/I2me6A3.jpg

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIfYD_sA...olori&hl=pt-br

harryoscop 04-16-2016 09:13 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Sorry, not digging this idea, Talion. I don't want Nova or White Tiger in any of Spidey's movies. Ultimate cartoon is one of the worst adaptions of Spider-Man imo.

And The Wrap said his name is "Manuel" not Samuel, dude.

BatsDC 04-16-2016 09:15 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
But he's playing Manuel

Dark Raven 04-16-2016 09:18 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Well there goes that theory about Samuel.

Manuel Alexander? :o

Talion 04-16-2016 09:23 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harryoscop (Post 33466989)
Sorry, not digging this idea, Talion. I don't want Nova or White Tiger in any of Spidey's movies. Ultimate cartoon is one of the worst adaptions of Spider-Man imo.

And The Wrap said his name is "Maniel" not Samuel, dude.

No, it's Manuel, not Maniel or Samuel. And who is reporting is Sneider, and he could easily get the name wrong if he got this info over the phone, he's not comic book lore savvy at all when it comes to superhero characters. From Manuel to Samuel is not a big jump. And I really dig the idea of SHIELD keeping an eye on Peter and getting him 'grounded' and undercover with other "gifted" kids. It gives a sort of superhuman Breakfast Club vibe to me. Just because I don't like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon doesn't mean that it can't work. I actually find the idea genius and completely fresh from the past film iterations of Spider-Man. Turning Midtown High-School into an undercover SHIELD hideout of sorts for powered youngsters mixed with regular teenagers, so they can keep tabs on these super powered teens seems like a great way to differentiate both SM and TASM takes. We'd obviously get MJ, Gwen, Harry, Flash and hopefully Cindy Moon too if they are going that route.

Dark Raven 04-16-2016 09:27 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Given that Peter's costume has a tick spider on the back, I think Revolori is playing Spider-Manuel. :o

BatsDC 04-16-2016 09:27 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
SHIELD doesn't really exist within the films of the MCU anymore

Talion 04-16-2016 09:29 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BatsDC (Post 33467067)
SHIELD doesn't really exist within the films of the MCU anymore

Hmm... :sly:

SyntaxError 04-16-2016 09:34 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Unless you mean Coulson's ragtag team on Agents of SHIELD, and i want NOTHING to do with that (really the only embarrassment with the MCU. Its Marvel's equivalent to Arrow)

harryoscop 04-16-2016 09:35 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
It's second worst stupidest aspect of that show in the early seasons. So what, we're getting an Ultimate adaptation where every time Spidey goes out to fight a villiain, Tiger and Nova tag along with him and are heavily featured throughout the movies moreso than the 'actual' Spidey characters? Not buying it, not digging it, don't want it, I hope the movies stay as far as away from that aspect of the show whatever they adapt from it.

Talion 04-16-2016 09:38 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SyntaxError (Post 33467099)
Unless you mean Coulson's ragtag team on Agents of SHIELD, and i want NOTHING to do with that (really the only embarrassment with the MCU. Its Marvel's equivalent to Arrow)

Actually... No. I mean SHIELD. Real honest to god SHIELD. And Phil would make for a great principal in Midtown High. There's good in the USM cartoon, it's a fresh take and I think that a cross between SSM and USM with the known Marvel Studios touch is exactly where they are heading to.

So brace yourselves. :oldrazz:

Talion 04-16-2016 09:42 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harryoscop (Post 33467111)
It's second worst stupidest aspect of that show in the early seasons. So what, we're getting an Ultimate adaptation where every time Spidey goes out to fight a villiain, Tiger and Nova tag along with him and are heavily featured throughout the movies moreso than the 'actual' Spidey characters? Not buying it, not digging it, don't want it, I hope the movies stay as far as away from that aspect of the show whatever they adapt from it.

Not necessarily. And if you really think Marvel couldn't make a way of this to work and be awesome, you haven't been paying attention to what Feige has been doing all this time at all. You'll LOVE it, even if Tony is Sam and Zendaya is Ayala. :oldrazz:

PeterBenParker 04-16-2016 09:46 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talion (Post 33466957)

So here's what I'm thinking right now:

Zendaya: Michelle "Aya" Ayala
Tony Revolori: Samuel Alexander
Laura Harrier: Liz Allan

Basically, a cross between Spectacular Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons, with SHIELD grouping these kids together to keep an eye on them. Can we hope for Principal Coulson as well? :woot:

I wouldn't be against it.

Then again, I don't 'hate' USM as it has a lot of things I like but also things I dislike.

take3 04-16-2016 09:49 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
he was great in Grand Budapest Hotel

harryoscop 04-16-2016 09:49 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talion (Post 33467147)
Not necessarily. And if you really think Marvel couldn't make a way of this to work and be awesome, you haven't been paying attention to what Feige has been doing all this time at all. You'll LOVE it, even if Tony is Sam and Zendaya is Ayala. :oldrazz:

So what would the difference be? The movie is called SM: Homecoming, i'd like to think that it means that the movies wiil focus on Peter's struggle with being both Spider-Man and Peter as Tom, Feige and Watts said it would and not a platform for other teenage superhumans to be introduced and team up like USM.

Talion 04-16-2016 09:52 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterBenParker (Post 33467171)
I wouldn't be against it.

Then again, I don't 'hate' USM as it has a lot of things I like but also things I dislike.

Miss you, mate!! Haha, I don't hate USM either, it's just not something I gravitates to as much as SSM, but I completely get Marvel doing things different to keep things fresh and different from previous takes on film. I can totally see Marvel getting the best elements of both shows and making it work. The whole "Breakfast Club" inspiration that they keep saying makes me think that's something they are probably going forward. Then the casting got me thinking that the fact they aren't revealing who they are isn't because it's race bending the characters, but because revealing right now would reveal where they are going forward with the film in terms of plot.

Talion 04-16-2016 10:02 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harryoscop (Post 33467185)
So what would the difference be? The movie is called SM: Homecoming, i'd like to think that it means that the movies wiil focus on Peter's struggle with being both Spider-Man and Peter as Tom, Feige and Watts said it would and not a platform for other teenage superhumans to be introduced and team up like USM.

Why can't be both? Stop being stubborn and think about the possibilities. They would obviously not be featured front and center like in the cartoon, but introduced. They could team up but Spider-Man would still be front and center, and that is if they even team up at all. Imagine that from that, Phase 4 comes with a film called NEW WARRIORS, AVENGERS ACADEMY, YOUNG AVENGERS or even NEW AVENGERS, featuring:

Spider-Man
Nova
White Tiger
Ms. Marvel
Patriot
Kate Bishop
Hulk (Amadeus Cho)
Kid Loki?

And ALSO a RUNAWAYS film, with both teams clashing against each other. The new generation of the MCU is coming, and clearly Spidey will be the poster child of them. I actually think that not going completely classical with Spider-Man's storyline strengths the new take on the character, and not the other way around. Spidey isn't alone anymore, and that's a great thing if you ask me. :cwink:

PeterBenParker 04-16-2016 10:09 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talion (Post 33467199)
Miss you, mate!!

Missed ya too, dude! Hope you've been doing well. :woot:

Quote:

Haha, I don't hate USM either, it's just not something I gravitates to as much as SSM, but I completely get Marvel doing things different to keep things fresh and different from previous takes on film. I can totally see Marvel getting the best elements of both shows and making it work.
Yeah, there are certainly things in regards to USM that I'd have no problem with being adapted, such as MJ wanting to pursue journalism and utilizing the likes of Flash and stuff more.

Quote:

I can totally see Marvel getting the best elements of both shows and making it work. The whole "Breakfast Club" inspiration that they keep saying makes me think that's something they are probably going forward.
While I didn't necessarily care for The Breakfast Club overall, there were dynamics I enjoyed (Bender/Vernon, differences among the group) and I'd be fine with seeing something similar play out with Spider-Man. I know when it comes to John Hughes, I've been advocating for a hero/villain relationship between Spider-Man and (hopefully) Vulture similar to that of Ferris Bueller vs. Edward Rooney, as that would totally play on the whole, "Young vs. Old" dynamic that could truly give their feud life.

Quote:

Then the casting got me thinking that the fact they aren't revealing who they are isn't because it's race bending the characters, but because revealing right now would reveal where they are going forward with the film in terms of plot.
That's highly likely, which I'm good with. Open to pretty much anything, to be honest. :funny:

harryoscop 04-16-2016 10:17 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Just because he said it will have aspects of Breakfast Club doesn't mean he's talking about other teen heroes. It makes WAY more sense to think that he's talking about Spider-Man's supporting cast because Feige has stressed multiple, multiple times that he wants to play with that 'soap opera' High-school aspect. Putting White Tiger, Nova etc undermines that dynamic. I'm not being stubborn, i'm just looking at it from a logical standpoint. Nowhere has anybody ever indicated that there's going to be a major set up for New Warriors, New Avengers etc because we would've heard about by now from Feige, Marvel or one of the Trades. I don't think that's the route they're going.

Talion 04-16-2016 10:20 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harryoscop (Post 33467323)
Just because he said it will have aspects of Breakfast Club doesn't mean he's talking about other teen heroes. It makes WAY more sense to think that he's talking about Spider-Man's supporting cast because Feige has stressed multiple, multiple times that he wants to play with that 'soap opera' High-school aspect. Putting White Tiger, Nova etc undermines that dynamic. I'm not being stubborn, i'm just looking at it from a logical standpoint. Nowhere has anybody ever indicated that there's going to be a major set up for New Warriors, New Avengers etc because we would've heard about by now from Feige, Marvel or one of the Trades. I don't think that's the route they're going.

So wait, so for the soap opera angle to work, the only "special" character in the film has to be only Peter? How having other "enhanced" kids around would undermine that dynamic again? :whatever:

harryoscop 04-16-2016 10:21 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Hopefully, the only other heroes that will be appearing in this movie are established Avengers. Probably Iron Man in a role and/or cameos for other Avengers.

harryoscop 04-16-2016 10:28 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talion (Post 33467335)
So wait, so for the soap opera angle to work, the only "special" character in the film has to be only Peter? How having other "enhanced" kids around would undermine that dynamic again? :whatever:

Remind me of when Feige ever hinted towards other 'enhanced kids' showing up in major roles and setting up future USM-esque team up movies again? :shrug:

Talion 04-16-2016 10:36 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harryoscop (Post 33467361)
Remind me of when Feige ever hinted towards other 'enhanced kids' showing up in major roles and setting up future USM-esque team up movies again? :shrug:

Well, so you want to Feige to straight up go with a riffing younger version of the previous films or reveal all their Phase 3 and 4 plans up front? :oldrazz:

But since you mentioned:

Quote:

It’s no accident that the next movies in the Marvel Studios line-up – Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok – involve characters who are not featured in Civil War. “That’s somewhat intentional to go and explore the other aspects [of the universe],” Feige says.

The post-Infinity War Phase Four line-up is currently wide open, although a third Guardians of the Galaxy movie is considered a likely option. Other possibilities include sequels to Doctor Strange, Black Panther, or Captain Marvel, which will all have their first stand-alone features released in Phase Three.

Although he left it vague, that could be what Feige means when he says the universe will become “distinctly different.” The same interlocked narrative will continue, but different heroes will be at the fore.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/15...alflow_twitter

New heroes from all ages and backgrounds are coming for the MCU. Having them to start in Spider-Man seems fair to me, I don't see Cap fans getting frustrated with Spider-Man showing up in his film. Everything is connected when it comes to the MCU, and that's what I feel so passionate about it: they make all these work together into each story seamless.

guyisnotcool 04-16-2016 10:36 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Looking forward to his role, whatever it is.

Tilapia 04-16-2016 10:53 AM

Re: Tony Revolori is a nemesis (Deadline/Variety) or Pete's friend Samuel (The Wrap)
 
Thinking about it, Spiderman and superhero friends actually makes a lot of sense. I think the team will form gradually. I don't see them bringing in Netflix characters that are adults and more violent, but Young Avengers as a young adult series actually makes a lot of sense.

I think you can do an adult Spiderman in the college years with the traditional supporting characters down the line once the previous five solos are a distant memory. I think Holland's Spiderman is going to be more expanded universe into spinoffs and team up movies. The villains can be any variation of the Sinister Six, maybe the Thunderbolts as well.

I see Laura and Tony playing the side heroes. I don't think Marvel has a black female hero on any of the rosters yet. Zendaya can get that role as well. Should be interesting.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.