The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel's The Avengers (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=444)
-   -   What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=392259)

C_Carmichael 08-23-2012 06:44 PM

What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
I'm curious what people's preferences were in terms of the score/soundtracks for each of the MCU Phase 1 movies.

My personal favorite is The Avengers. I felt the music fit the movie quite well.

But, I'd have to say the music for Iron Man came in a close second, especially the score for the Gulmiria fight scene and ensuing exit flight.

Duran Man 08-23-2012 07:12 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Iron Man 2.

flickchick85 08-23-2012 07:42 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
For me, it's a tie between Captain America and The Avengers. I felt like Cap had a better main theme, but Avengers had better action cues. But since I can only pick one, I guess I'll vote Avengers.

That said, I don't think any of the MCU scores have been all that great. Come on Marvel, you can do better for Phase 2.

jonathancrane 08-23-2012 08:16 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Avengers.

Standout tracks: Intro, Helicarrier launch, and the final battle/outro.

Majik1387 08-23-2012 08:23 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Captain America, because it all came down to this. :o

JB-the-Hunter 08-23-2012 09:11 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
1. Avengers
2. Thor/Cap tie
3. The Incredible Hulk
4. Iron Man
5. Iron Man 2

The Caped Knight 08-23-2012 11:37 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
1. Captain America
2. The Avengers
3. Thor
4. Iron Man
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. IM2

Silvermoon 08-24-2012 08:40 AM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
For me....

#1: Thor (a lot of the themes and motifs I just love, I can listen to it at work and just picture in my head what's happening)
#2: The Avengers
#3: Captain America
#4: Iron Man
#5: Iron Man 2


I haven't really listened to the TIH soundtrack, so I guess it would be 6...but really I don't have much of an opinion on it.

Oscorp 08-24-2012 11:50 AM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Majik1387 (Post 24200211)
Captain America, because it all came down to this. :o

Those girls!! :wow:

I have to give my vote to the Thor soundtrack though

C_Carmichael 08-24-2012 01:02 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscorp (Post 24203455)
Those girls!! :wow:

I have to give my vote to the Thor soundtrack though

What about THESE girls?

http://youtu.be/6o1wind1iUc (Time Index 0:56)

:woot:

While my preference went to The Avengers, followed by the first Iron Man, I did particularly love this scene from IM2.

Vartha 08-24-2012 02:32 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
I liked Avengers the best, then Cap then Thor.

JB-the-Hunter 08-24-2012 02:36 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathancrane (Post 24200181)
Avengers.

Standout tracks: Intro, Helicarrier launch, and the final battle/outro.

A Promise?

xeno000 08-24-2012 03:27 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
It was hard to choose between The Avengers and Captain America. Both Alan Silvestri scores were wonderful and each had its moments of sheer grandeur. The CA:TFA score also had the brilliant song, Star-Spangled Man, which was simply inspired. The fact that it wasn't nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars was a crime. The Captain America March was also a terrific piece.


In the end I chose The Avengers because the music so perfectly matched the mood of each scene. There were identifiable character themes, as well, suiting the ensemble nature of the film. The Black Widow's theme was particularly apt and repeated during her major scenes. Silvestri did a wonderful job of thematically linking the scenes and having the score follow the progression of the film. Hopefully Marvel has locked him in for the sequel, as well as CA:TWS.

C_Carmichael 08-24-2012 05:24 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xeno000 (Post 24204491)
It was hard to choose between The Avengers and Captain America. Both Alan Silvestri scores were wonderful and each had its moments of sheer grandeur. The CA:TFA score also had the brilliant song, Star-Spangled Man, which was simply inspired. The fact that it wasn't nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars was a crime. The Captain America March was also a terrific piece.


In the end I chose The Avengers because the music so perfectly matched the mood of each scene. There were identifiable character themes, as well, suiting the ensemble nature of the film. The Black Widow's theme was particularly apt and repeated during her major scenes. Silvestri did a wonderful job of thematically linking the scenes and having the score follow the progression of the film. Hopefully Marvel has locked him in for the sequel, as well as CA:TWS.

I agree, Captain America had a wonderful score. I particularly like the pieces "Triumphant Return" (when Cap brings home the POWs of the 107th) and the "Howling Comandos Montage" (when Cap assaults the Hydra Supertank, then jumps off ahead of the explosion.)

And "Star Spangled Man" was so fitting. It very well captured the spirit of the 40's bond drives and popular music of the era.

Avengers was still my favorite though. The piece "Assemble", especially at the moment when the team gathers together in the street, finally together as "one" is so fitting, and as JB stated above, "A Promise" brings the film to a close with a theme that is so fitting for the Avengers.

I guess really each of the films, with the exception of Hulk (I didn't think the Hulk score was that great) has highlights for me, and I could easily pick favorite musical pieces and the corresponding moments, for each of the films in Phase 1.

batman44 08-24-2012 08:01 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Avengers
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man

ddddeeee 08-24-2012 08:16 PM

Re: What MCU Phase 1 Movie had the best soundtrack?
 
If we're discussing scores then for me it goes Thor > Captain America > The Incredble Hulk > The Avengers > Iron Man 2 > Iron Man.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of Mandatory, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.