The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=473515)

GuestStar2004 02-13-2014 03:47 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

they won't have costumes because this seems like a more personal journey rather then an X-Men mission

DOFP 02-13-2014 03:49 PM

Isn't the new magneto picture the same as the one of the banner that was leaked a long time ago? Of course they changed the color of his uniform, but to me it looks like the same facial expression and posture. If it is, we can expect what to see what Logan, Storm, future magneto, future Xavier, beast, and mystique will look like in their individual head shots.

Angamb 02-13-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27931439)
they won't have costumes because this seems like a more personal journey rather then an X-Men mission

actually, someone pretty close to the production told me there will be costumes, so... you cant say "they wont have costumes" as if you know if, lol

Tehmeh 02-13-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 27931481)
actually, someone pretty close to the production told me there will be costumes, so... you cant say "they wont have costumes" as if you know if, lol

Gaah! Spoiler tags!

DOFP 02-13-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

I hope so, at least for Beast

Rike 02-13-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP (Post 27931101)

Badass :awesome:

Angamb 02-13-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tehmeh (Post 27931503)
Gaah! Spoiler tags!

Haha, lol

trailer will show them, more than likely, so its not a spoiler once they show them :p

GuestStar2004 02-13-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Well then they are being kept very hush hush when they haven't released anything to show these costumes, not even the Empire covers

Tehmeh 02-13-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 27931533)
Haha, lol

trailer will show them, more than likely, so its not a spoiler once they show them :p

Great. The movie will also show everything in time, so nothing counts as a spoiler if you're just patient.

Ihhihihi.

Malik 02-13-2014 03:57 PM

Dem wild rumours.

Angamb 02-13-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOFP (Post 27931507)
I hope so, at least for Beast

We have already seen the international banner where Beast had black normal clothes.

So its pretty clear they did the photoshoot with different outfits, just like FC. So it seems they have been keeping the costumes as a surprise and now could be the awaited moment to finally show them.

Morti 02-13-2014 03:58 PM

Yeah I agree...I was always under the assumption there would be no team in the past? I don't have anything to base that off, but yeah..

pavlov 02-13-2014 03:58 PM

Well, if Magneto has enough time to sew his costume, the "xmen" should too. A bulk of the film takes place in the past and it'd be disappointing to see them in street garb alone.

Morti 02-13-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 27931547)
We have already seen the international banner where Beast had black normal clothes.

So its pretty clear they did the photoshoot with different outfits, just like FC. So it seems they have been keeping the costumes as a surprise and now could be the awaited moment to finally show them.

I thought you of all people feared and loathed spoilers?

myra 02-13-2014 04:03 PM

Damn, Fassneto looks great. I wonder how many scenes we'll get with the costume or if it's just for the climax of the film. All the pics we've gotten of Magneto in full helmet/cape mode (outside of promo shots like these) seem to come from the same scene. Not that I'm complaining, I'm quite fond of the purple bell bottoms he's sporting in the teaser.

Angamb 02-13-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavlov (Post 27931559)
Well, if Magneto has enough time to sew his costume, the "xmen" should too. A bulk of the film takes place in the past and it'd be disappointing to see them in street garb alone.

exactly. From a marketing point of view, its a stupid decision. All superhero movies have costumes, and thats part of the excitment and marketing, so I dont see Singer not doing new costumes for the 70's mutants, just because "the story is about Charles alone" lol.

And having Magneto with a new uniform fighting the x-men with normal clothes would look a bit out of place.

Snikt 02-13-2014 04:08 PM

I'm hoping we Beast in his uniform from X3 :D. That'd be a nice wink to the third movie.

And really just hoping to see more of Beast in Beast mode.

Feenix 02-13-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP (Post 27931101)

Oooh, that fire is getting pretty close to the American flag.

COMMUNIST!

:funny:

Awesome picture, though. I love Fassbender as the young version of Magneto. He's a damn fine actor.

Morti 02-13-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snikt (Post 27931637)
I'm hoping we Beast in his uniform from X3 :D. That'd be a nice wink to the third movie.

And really just hoping to see more of Beast in Beast mode.

This.

Although, I have to admit, Beast has been one of the more well-developed X-Men in terms of character and action scenes (both First Class and X3 showed some neat Beast action).

Avalanche 02-13-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morti (Post 27931683)
This.

Although, I have to admit, Beast has been one of the more well-developed X-Men in terms of character and action scenes (both First Class and X3 showed some neat Beast action).

I hated the X3 Beast action. It just looked like a guy being flung around on wires and not some awesome feral on the rampage.

Angamb 02-13-2014 04:15 PM

Nothing has topped Nightcrawler scene yet, to me.

Mulholland-Jr 02-13-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP (Post 27931149)
Is this an indication of how the color on his suit will appear in the final film? Cause this is the best it's looked...

Agreed.

Malik 02-13-2014 04:16 PM

Holy smokes batman! The past looks pretty ****ed up! Dem sentinels will be more than vacuum's :p

narrows101 02-13-2014 04:34 PM

Well Hugh is already back in NY - video, apparently something for Men's Health Magazine.

thehughjackman
Awesome working with @aspictures in the middle of a blizzard! #menshealth #xmendofp #fox

http://instagram.com/p/kXc5yTihK0/

Rike 02-13-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tehmeh (Post 27931071)
Let's start guessing what's on the next trailer. I'll start.

- Wolverine wakes up in a middle of a bra-burning feminist parade
- Gets shouted at by said feminists
- Says "I've stabbed hysterical women before", kills a few of them but gets mob rushed
- Runs to safety, "Chariots of fire" starts playing
- Finds himself in a pub
- Charles is there, drunk
- Wolverine confronts him
- Charles remembers Wolverine from FC and repeats his FC line
- Magneto is flinging coins to the jukebox at the corner
- A Rolling Stones song starts playing
- Wolverine sighs

CUT TO THE FUTURE

- Kitty, Charles and Magneto try to work out how to put a catheter+diapers to Wolverine because this time-travelling might take a while
- Colossus rips off the head of an attacking sentinel, throws it to them
- Says "you can use that as a training pot"
- Everyone laughs
- Cyclops too

That's mine. Your turn, people.

:lmao: