The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Man of Steel (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=451683)

Thread Manager 01-18-2013 01:22 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 01-18-2013 01:22 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

sup101 01-18-2013 01:22 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part
 
I hope it's not all subtitled.Maybe at the beginning just to establish that they have their own language, but it should tap into english.They advance and most likely know english.We heard jor-el speak english anyways.

ConnorKon-El 01-18-2013 01:24 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Idk if I believe the subtitle thing. We hear Jor-El speak English in the teaser trailer.

TDK elbowstrike 01-18-2013 01:32 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
To have everyone speaking Kryptonese in scenes involving Krypton would be pretty impressive. Surely it would take a tremendous amount of effort to create an entirely fictional language for your actors to speak. If this is the case I would be very impressed by the immense time and effort they are putting in to certain parts of this movie. Subtitles wouldn't bother me at all since I watch a lot of foreign cinema with subtitles. I would be only a little concerned that for the average moviegoer it may take them out of it a bit.

BH/HHH 01-18-2013 02:23 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Nuke the fridge have posted that guy from IMDBs "spoilers" now

Oh and someone on cosmic book news said they had emailed their "DC entertainment source" who said the majority of it was fan fic.

X Knight 01-18-2013 02:31 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25024649)
Nuke the fridge have posted that guy from IMDBs "spoilers" now

Oh and someone on cosmic book news said they had emailed their "DC entertainment source" who said the majority of it was fan fic.

http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/up...cmxlePnm_c.jpg

gomez147 01-18-2013 02:34 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25024649)
Nuke the fridge have posted that guy from IMDBs "spoilers" now

Oh and someone on cosmic book news said they had emailed their "DC entertainment source" who said the majority of it was fan fic.

Although very much things of the spoiler sounded great, I would feel somehow relieved if all of this ends to be just fan fic. It's better to get amazed while watching the movie in the theater than to have read all the whole plot in a forum.

BH/HHH 01-18-2013 02:35 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X Knight (Post 25024711)

Funny thing is I trust neither if those sites or the guy whose leaked them lol

sup101 01-18-2013 02:44 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
cosmic book news.I wouldn't listen to anything that site say.They always post false stuff from their supose source that site is BS.

FilmNerdJamie 01-18-2013 02:45 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25024649)
Oh and someone on cosmic book news said they had emailed their "DC entertainment source" who said the majority of it was fan fic.

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/v...he-blind-1.jpg

Marvin 01-18-2013 02:46 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gomez147 (Post 25024735)
Although very much things of the spoiler sounded great, I would feel somehow relieved if all of this ends to be just fan fic. It's better to get amazed while watching the movie in the theater than to have read all the whole plot in a forum.

Assuming you read the spoilers...

if you wanted this, why not just not read them in the first place?

ConnorKon-El 01-18-2013 02:47 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25024649)
Nuke the fridge have posted that guy from IMDBs "spoilers" now

Oh and someone on cosmic book news said they had emailed their "DC entertainment source" who said the majority of it was fan fic.

I'm shocked :oldrazz:

gomez147 01-18-2013 02:49 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin (Post 25024791)
Assuming you read the spoilers...

if you wanted this, why not just not read them in the first place?

I couldn't resist.. But I don't want to do it again

X Knight 01-18-2013 02:51 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
I........just want.........something to believe in..........lol

Dr. 01-18-2013 02:53 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25024649)
Oh and someone on cosmic book news said they had emailed their "DC entertainment source" who said the majority of it was fan fic.

Though... If it's right to take Crowe's praise of the movie with a grain of salt (what else would he say?) then the same might apply to the "DC source."

"Yep, that's the plot in a nutshell!" wouldn't be a very likely response.

:cwink:

Llama_Shepherd 01-18-2013 03:04 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25024649)
Oh and someone on cosmic book news said they had emailed their "DC entertainment source" who said the majority of it was fan fic.

Probably 110% accurate then.

Kane52630 01-18-2013 03:06 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X Knight (Post 25024827)
I........just want.........something to believe in..........lol

http://i.imgur.com/WYYf1.jpg

sup101 01-18-2013 03:14 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
cosmic book news want us to beleave this too from their DC Entertainment source.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...r-box-m-theory

Lencho01 01-18-2013 03:14 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie (Post 25024787)

:hehe:

HighFivingMF 01-18-2013 03:30 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sup101 (Post 25024943)
cosmic book news want us to beleave this too from their DC Entertainment source.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...r-box-m-theory

Apokalips, New Genesis, and the Mother Box are obvious since it's a Darkseid story and they were in the story the screenplay is based on. Ace reporting there! They get all the hot scoops!

But that stuff being featured is really weird since they said Starro is the villain and not Darkseid once ElMayimbe reported it. :o

herolee10 01-18-2013 03:59 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Well, regardless of the validity of the so called "spoilers", one thing is for sure and that's we'll be seeing Superman finally cutting loose on screen when he takes on Zod and company.

We haven't had a proper live action super fight featuring Superman since Superman 3 since Superman 4 and every live action television version and SR had either no super fights or were obviously restricted to something very small and cheap due to their budgets.

sup101 01-18-2013 04:09 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
That's the reason I posted it.You can't beleave anything that come from cosmic book news.

The JLA villain is Darkseid.

No it's Starro.Darkseid will fight them, no darkseid gang will fight them.

I wonder do they even know what day it really is sometimes.Lol.Anything they get from their supose DC Entertainment source is BS

Frontier 01-18-2013 04:33 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Just curious; is Shannon as Zod still being denied "officially"? Cause I was just looking and along with the Superman 1/6th scale statue we saw the other day, BigBadToyStore has Jor'El, Faora and Zod ones listed (though no pics, sadly). And I remember they had been denying Zod for a long while... dunno if that's changed.

ThePhantasm 01-18-2013 04:34 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 25025445)
Just curious; is Shannon as Zod still being denied "officially"? Cause I was just looking and along with the Superman 1/6th scale statue we saw the other day, BigBadToyStore has Jor'El, Faora and Zod ones listed (though no pics, sadly). And I remember they had been denying Zod for a long while... dunno if that's changed.

Shannon has been pretty open about the fact that he is playing Zod.

Rodrigo90 01-18-2013 04:39 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Brainiac, Metallo and Lex all in one breath? I don't buy it.

The Shield 01-18-2013 04:58 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Ok WTH? I'm I the only one getting that damn Crave ad for the movie MOMA every time I click on a forum or try to reply??? :cmad:


*edit It appears to have stopped just after I wrote this.

ThePowerCosmic 01-18-2013 05:49 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie (Post 25024787)

lol... the blind leading the blind.

herolee10 01-18-2013 05:57 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 25025863)
lol... the blind leading the blind.


Well that, and the fact that due to all of these unconfirmed to downright silly theories/spoilers, some of us have gone through this phase as a result:

http://i.imgur.com/NcPj4.gif

747 01-18-2013 06:03 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
I will always be dumbfounded towards why people would dislike subtitles. Then again I'm not from USA.

Kryptonian language on Krypton, kryptonian to kryptonian would be cool. Personally though, I think some dialouge, like Jor El talking to Kal through hologram should be in english. I love the dialogue we have heard from Jor El so far and it wouldn't be near as powerful in a made up kryptonian language.

C. Lee 01-18-2013 06:22 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gomez147 (Post 25024821)
I couldn't resist.. But I don't want to do it again

Everyone really should read the rules here.

From our FAQ -
Violations of Probations and Banning
If you are on probation, you may not post under any account for the amount of days for which you are on probation. Violation of this probation will result in the permanent banning of your ORIGINAL account (permanent loss of entire post count, avatars, etc.,) and an extension of your probation to your NEW name. Continued violation of this rule may result in IP banning. If you are permanent banned, you may not return to Hype. Note: the Administrators and Moderators can tell if you hold more than one account.

C. Lee 01-18-2013 06:25 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 747 (Post 25025941)
I will always be dumbfounded towards why people would dislike subtitles. Then again I'm not from USA.

It always depends on how they are presented. If they are easy to read, me and others with eye problems don't mind them...if they are hard for people with great eyes to read, how do you think the rest of the world likes them.

ThePowerCosmic 01-18-2013 06:31 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herolee10 (Post 25025907)
Well that, and the fact that due to all of these unconfirmed to downright silly theories/spoilers, some of us have gone through this phase as a result:

http://i.imgur.com/NcPj4.gif

LOL Urkel's hilarious... I know this phase far too well. :csad:

sup101 01-18-2013 06:48 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
The superbowl is 2weeks away and we ain't heard nothing about MOS having a superbowl spot.

flickchick85 01-18-2013 06:52 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
We haven't heard much about any movies' Superbowl spots at all though.

sup101 01-18-2013 07:13 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
It was announced that Star Trek Into Darkness will have one about a week ago.

Krumm 01-18-2013 07:27 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
This thread looks like a mess. Glad I'm avoiding it.

Lead Cenobite 01-18-2013 07:33 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 747 (Post 25025941)
I will always be dumbfounded towards why people would dislike subtitles. Then again I'm not from USA.

Kryptonian language on Krypton, kryptonian to kryptonian would be cool. Personally though, I think some dialouge, like Jor El talking to Kal through hologram should be in english. I love the dialogue we have heard from Jor El so far and it wouldn't be near as powerful in a made up kryptonian language.

Yeah. I imagine a made-up language can really hinder the ability to give a good performance. And you don't hire someone like Russel Crowe to speak gibberish the entire time.

Simo 01-18-2013 07:33 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sup101 (Post 25026303)
It was announced that Star Trek Into Darkness will have one about a week ago.

Yeah but only because it tied into CES and a new phone app to access during the Super Bowl. Patience grasshopper, that'll still be a cool week for MOS stuff regardless.

BH/HHH 01-19-2013 04:00 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
I wouldn't mind subtitles at all but we've already heard Jor El speak in the comic con footage and it sounded to me like he was talking to the elders on Krypton (or one body else).

Remember the line

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
what if a child dreamed of becoming something else other than what society had intended? what if a child aspired to something greater?

Kryptonian Warrior 01-19-2013 05:06 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25028037)
I wouldn't mind subtitles at all but we've already heard Jor El speak in the comic con footage and it sounded to me like he was talking to the elders on Krypton (or one body else).

Remember the line

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
what if a child dreamed of becoming something else other than what society had intended? what if a child aspired to something greater?

Thing is though, how do we know that's actually in the movie though? It almost sounded like something that was used just for the trailer. Know what I mean? I mean, I may be completely wrong, but it's a possibility.

hopefuldreamer 01-19-2013 07:20 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Was literally thinking the same with the other day. Same with the 'one day they will join you in the sun' line from the teaser, which could have just been a nod to the fans (as it's very similar to a line from All Star Superman), but not actually in the movie.

Smallville13 01-19-2013 07:39 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Would they do that though? Have Russell Crowe just speak off a dozen lines for marketing material? I just can't see it.

I think it'll be explained by intel gathered by the scout ship as to Earth's main native language. And those lines will be delivered by the Jor-El hologram ghost AI.

They could even incorporate Brainiac this way as the sentient AI scanning Earth and learning all this. Similar to the New 52 Action Comics #5 (I think) where it goes through Brainiacs thought processes while landing baby Clarks ship. (I loved that by the way, where he described us as apes with atom bombs or something)

Kryptonian Warrior 01-19-2013 07:50 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smallville13 (Post 25028199)
Would they do that though? Have Russell Crowe just speak off a dozen lines for marketing material? I just can't see it.

I think it'll be explained by intel gathered by the scout ship as to Earth's main native language. And those lines will be delivered by the Jor-El hologram ghost AI.

They could even incorporate Brainiac this way as the sentient AI scanning Earth and learning all this. Similar to the New 52 Action Comics #5 (I think) where it goes through Brainiacs thought processes while landing baby Clarks ship. (I loved that by the way, where he described us as apes with atom bombs or something)

Well they have been known to shoot trailer specific scenes with different movies, so why not a little dialogue?

Smallville13 01-19-2013 07:51 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Found some of the actual quotes. These are great. This is the Brainiac AI onboard baby kals rocket as it reaches Earth.

'Identified: Yellow G-Class Stellar Source'
'Planetary Gravity 0.20 K'
'98% Oxygen/Nitrogen Atmosphere'
'Scanning Planetary Database'
'Level-3 Proto-Social Primate Tech'
'Apes with Atom Bombs'
'Their imbecilic machines lack voices, opinions or self-direction' (I guess this was before Siri lol)
'Level 10 tools in the hands of tribal warring states: Unthinkable.'

All those are great. I like the explanation that the onboard Brainiac AI on the ship is responsible for finding a suitable planet.

G.Godfrey 01-19-2013 08:46 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Speaking of Super Bowl, I don't think MOS will be present. Paramount, Universal and Disney have all bought spots on the SB and this has been known for 10 days now. So I doubt WB will be present because it's already sold out and the cost for including it now would be twice as high.

BH/HHH 01-19-2013 08:50 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Godfrey (Post 25028297)
Speaking of Super Bowl, I don't think MOS will be present. Paramount, Universal and Disney have all bought spots on the SB and this has been known for 10 days now. So I doubt WB will be present because it's already sold out and the cost for including it now would be twice as high.

Awww :(

BH/HHH 01-19-2013 08:51 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior (Post 25028083)
Thing is though, how do we know that's actually in the movie though? It almost sounded like something that was used just for the trailer. Know what I mean? I mean, I may be completely wrong, but it's a possibility.

No I don't think it was just for the con trailer, the way he says it to me sounds like he's talking a group of people. Not like his teaser lines which sounded recorded for the teaser.

gkokujin 01-19-2013 08:55 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X Knight (Post 25024827)
I........just want.........something to believe in..........lol

as do we all brother...4 months out and we know so little...I can honestly say I am HAPPY because it builds up the tension/expectations/anxiety we've lost for movies, but at the same time we're so used to knowing SO MUCH about a movie before it is released.

Abudefduf 01-19-2013 09:33 AM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par
 
Eh... I hope that thing about
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Zod killing Faora

is fake because it sounds so damn cliché... but who knows.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of Mandatory, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.