The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Avengers: Age of Ultron (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=613)
-   -   The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=459319)

cherokeesam 06-07-2013 09:27 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 26035753)
He can definitely play douche, so I guess it works :up:

Plus looking at those pics, he can pass as Ronan's brother

Ronan the Accuser?!? **** no. His skin ain't even blue. Does he even lift? :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 26036437)
You think there's space if they include Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

Sounds very much like Joss is confirming that Wanda & Pietro are baddies in this movie, as most of us thought. They won't get their Avenger card until the end, or TA3. TA2 might be about bringing in the brothas --- Falcon, War Machine, and Black Panther. And even BP isn't likely to be more than a cameo as an Avenger ally, imho, to be further developed in a Phase III movie before getting *his* full-time Avenger card. I'm thinking 8 *official* Avengers in this movie (Cap, Tony, Thor, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine) with Panther, SW and QS in the on-deck circle for The Call in TA3, and Ant-Man and Wasp getting called up in Phase III as well. (By the time TA3 rolls around, there could be some rotation in the roster, too, so it won't be as crowded as it sounds.)

Iceman 06-07-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 26036979)
Sounds very much like Joss is confirming that Wanda & Pietro are baddies in this movie, as most of us thought. They won't get their Avenger card until the end, or TA3. TA2 might be about bringing in the brothas --- Falcon, War Machine, and Black Panther. And even BP isn't likely to be more than a cameo as an Avenger ally, imho, to be further developed in a Phase III movie before getting *his* full-time Avenger card. I'm thinking 8 *official* Avengers in this movie (Cap, Tony, Thor, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine) with Panther, SW and QS in the on-deck circle for The Call in TA3, and Ant-Man and Wasp getting called up in Phase III as well. (By the time TA3 rolls around, there could be some rotation in the roster, too, so it won't be as crowded as it sounds.)

Ah yeah, I keep forgetting that. Good point. In that case it does open it up a bit although I want to see them as heroes for a fair amount of time, even if not in TA2. SW especially.

Yeah BP I'd expect to get a good story arc when he's properly introduced. The others can drop in and their back story doesn't need as much time...& WM's has kind of been covered. Although this TA2 & TA3 plan could mean not seeing some big characters after 3 films.

Vartha 06-08-2013 03:20 AM

I guess I could live with him as QS. It would be pretty interesting with someone so young on Avengers.

cherokeesam 06-08-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 26038723)
I guess I could live with him as QS. It would be pretty interesting with someone so young on Avengers.

Yeah, Johnson is 22, and Saoirse Ronan (top contender for Wanda) is 19; or 24 and 21, respectively, when TA2 comes out. Sounds like Wanda & Pietro will be portrayed pretty much as teenagers.

Vartha 06-08-2013 07:21 AM

They did meet the Avengers at a pretty early age too

jonathancrane 06-08-2013 07:33 AM

Their youth/immaturity could be used to create dramatic some tension/friction between them and the other Avengers.

Mr. Dent 06-08-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 26039161)
Yeah, Johnson is 22, and Saoirse Ronan (top contender for Wanda) is 19; or 24 and 21, respectively, when TA2 comes out. Sounds like Wanda & Pietro will be portrayed pretty much as teenagers.

Yeah the SHH report did say they were going for younger euro actors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 26039177)
They did meet the Avengers at a pretty early age too

They weren't much older than the original X-Men when they joined the team IIRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathancrane (Post 26039201)
Their youth/immaturity could be used to create dramatic some tension/friction between them and the other Avengers.

I don't think they'll necessarily be immature. I think their age will be used more as a device to set up their origin. If they're too old they'd have to explain what they were doing this whole time or something. It's easier to make them teenagers/early 20-somethings. I think the tension/friction will come from Quicksilver being an anti-heroesque anti-establishment newconservative douche.

Tacit Ronin 06-08-2013 01:11 PM

Let's hope they aren't in an incestuous relationship.

Dark Raven 06-08-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelsior. (Post 26040649)

They better not even do that offscreen in real life. :argh:

Chewy 06-08-2013 01:57 PM

Hey incest is in right now. You can thank Game of Thrones :hehe:

JB-the-Hunter 06-08-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 26040963)
Hey incest is in right now. You can thank Game of Thrones :hehe:

You can thank tumblr:
www.tumblr.com/tagged/thorki

DarkSovereignty 06-08-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter (Post 26041895)
You can thank tumblr:
www.tumblr.com/tagged/thorki

I officially hate the world. Wincest was bad enough :waa:

herolee10 06-08-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelsior. (Post 26040649)

I doubt that Marvel Studios or Disney would have the guts to do that. If they don't want to do a "demon in a bottle" story line with Tony then there's no way that they'll do a incest arc with Quicksilver and Wanda.

venom892 06-08-2013 10:22 PM

You mean they have the decency not to do it. That just Mark Millar being Mark Millar.

Norrin Parker 06-08-2013 11:17 PM

Wasn't the Wanda/Pietro relationship thanks to Loeb? Maybe I just blame him for things I don't like though.

Chewy 06-08-2013 11:50 PM

Can we get an Avengers 2 subforum now?

Dark Raven 06-09-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venom892 (Post 26043491)
You mean they have the decency not to do it. That just Mark Millar being Mark Millar.

Yep. Decency not lack of guts. Who wants to see that? :barf:

Whiskey Tango 06-09-2013 12:43 AM

Are we pinning thousands of weird and gross sibling fan fictions on Mark Millar now? At least he never came right out and described it, unlike however many creepy fans.

Also Loeb's deal was everyone went cannibal iirc, rather than incestuous.

Vartha 06-09-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 26044021)
Can we get an Avengers 2 subforum now?

Hopefully soon :D

xeno000 06-09-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango (Post 26044201)
Are we pinning thousands of weird and gross sibling fan fictions on Mark Millar now? At least he never came right out and described it, unlike however many creepy fans.

Also Loeb's deal was everyone went cannibal iirc, rather than incestuous.

I distinctly recall seeing Wanda & Pietro sneaking off to screw in some bushes, much to Wolverine's disgust. It was in silhouette but it happened on the page and other characters talked about it. (I won't even post a link here.) You can scorn fan fiction all you want, but Marvel allowed that to happen in canon in one of its universes and it's something that's not going to just disappear from the record.

The incest will surely be discovered and discussed by the press as the film nears, just as a couple of reporters asked Whedon whether Hulk would be a cannibal before TA came out. It wouldn't surprise me if some "fan" brings it up at ComicCon. I'm not one for censorship, but I really believe that Disney should exercise greater creative control of the comics arm of the business to prevent objectionable stuff like Millar's "twincest" fantasies from making it into print.

Whiskey Tango 06-09-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeno000 (Post 26044367)
I distinctly recall seeing Wanda & Pietro sneaking off to screw in some bushes, much to Wolverine's disgust.

Was this the same Wolverine that was chasing around an underage Jean Grey?

Ah, Ultimate universe! Classy!

xeno000 06-09-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango (Post 26044401)
Was this the same Wolverine that was chasing around an underage Jean Grey?

Ah, Ultimate universe! Classy!

At least Jean isn't Logan's sister.

The whole point of the Ultimate universe seemed to be to take all of Marvel's already dysfunctional characters and turn them into complete monsters. In the end it may have been more about mirroring the writer(s)'s warped psyche than anything else. As such, it's probably likelier that the twins will be snaking off into the bushes in Fox's movies than anywhere else since Millar is supposedly a consultant over there.

Vartha 06-09-2013 04:58 AM

There's some hi-res pics for Dark world in the Thor threads.
One is the movie poster with full cape in the wind!

cherokeesam 06-09-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeno000 (Post 26044437)
At least Jean isn't Logan's sister.

The whole point of the Ultimate universe seemed to be to take all of Marvel's already dysfunctional characters and turn them into complete monsters. In the end it may have been more about mirroring the writer(s)'s warped psyche than anything else. As such, it's probably likelier that the twins will be snaking off into the bushes in Fox's movies than anywhere else since Millar is supposedly a consultant over there.

The whole point of the Ultimate universe was shock value. They figured the only way to sell comic books in the 21st century was through shock and auggghh.

Mr. Dent 06-09-2013 08:33 AM

Ultimate Universe isn't canon so none of it matters.