The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Iron Man 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415)
-   -   Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=336678)

DACrowe 05-08-2010 02:37 PM

Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

First I am not trying to start a flame war. I know it is risky and playing with fire to do this...but I think we can have an intelligent discussion about IM2's place in the superhero genre and how it progresses or stands within the series.

If it does turn into a flame war, I hope the mods do close it. But let's try for it not to.

I personally enjoyed IM2, despite its flaws and consider it a solid sequel. I do not think it excelled the original though. I would rank it among second installments like this:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Batman Returns
4. X2
5. Iron Man 2

It is certainly in the upper levels. What I liked is that it seems to be following a trend of Nolan in that it doesn't just want a repeat of the formula from the last film. There are consequences to what happened in the first film here. Tony being Iron Man put "blood in the water" and this film is about the sharks...in iron suits, corporations and even the government--coming out of the sea trying to eat Tony. And how it affects him is good.

I do think Favreau suffers from trying to keep Tony in an interesting arc for this second film and goes the route of making him his own worst enemy and his fame going to his head, kind of like Peter Parker in Spider-Man 3. I am glad though it is not a 2 that features the hero trying to quit being a superhero (Superman, Spidey and Nolan's Batman all did this). I think it sets up future sequels to branch out from the formula, but I think it, along with SM3, shows the pitfalls of overstuffing the sequel with a "kitchen sink" approach. Also, other than a nice trick at the end it was a superhero movie where the love interest was not a damsel. That is a win and I hope shows future superhero movies don't need a screaming girl hanging from some height like pretty much every Spidey, Batman and Superman film made to date. Good job.

Mrs. Sawyer 05-08-2010 02:40 PM

Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

For me its:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-man 2
3. Iron Man 2 (I had X-2 tied but decided to go for Iron Man 2)
4. Superman 2
5. X-2

Catman 05-08-2010 03:03 PM

I liked Iron Man 2, but it definitely doesn't rank among the best. Not when you have sequels like The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2. But if it makes you feel better - I think it's better than Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. :cwink:

TheComicbookKid 05-08-2010 03:04 PM

Iron Man 2=Batman Returns

Quirky,charming but not great.

Catman 05-08-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid (Post 18326056)
Batman Returns

A sequel that deserves more love. I mean, how can you not love this:

Mrs. Sawyer 05-08-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid (Post 18326056)
Iron Man 2=Batman Returns

Quirky,charming but not great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catman (Post 18326069)
A sequel that deserves more love. I mean, how can you not love this:

I don't like Batman Returns. I love Catwoman in the film, but Tim Burton's directing and writing style just became too overbearing for me to enjoy the film. And this is coming from someone who likes Tim Burton.

Dark Raven 05-08-2010 04:34 PM

I would say:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Superman 2
4. Iron Man 2
5. X2
6. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
7. Batman Returns

I guess we're comparing 1st sequels (ie Part 2) and not Part 3? Spider-Man 3 was near the bottom of the pile of sequels. I preferred X3 to Spider-Man 3 though. Superman 3 and 4 or Batman and Robin would also be scrapping the barrel.

DACrowe 05-08-2010 04:52 PM

Go figure. SM3 is above X3 and many sequels like FF2 and SR for me. It is flawed, but it is enjoyable. I honestly think IM2 has many of the same problems as SM3, it is just IM has such an awesome cast they pull it off better.

Mrs. Sawyer 05-08-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACrowe (Post 18326417)
Go figure. SM3 is above X3 and many sequels like FF2 and SR for me. It is flawed, but it is enjoyable. I honestly think IM2 has many of the same problems as SM3, it is just IM has such an awesome cast they pull it off better.

I agree that it had the same problems but it was not also the cast. One key important difference was that silly, humorous scenes in Iron Man 2 were within character and didn't feel out of place compared to the stupidity of some scene in SM3.

I also prefer SM3 to X3 though.

Ironfan72 05-08-2010 05:53 PM

1) Iron Man 2
2) tie between The Dark Knight & Spider-Man 2
3) X2
4) Blade 2

DW4 05-08-2010 06:00 PM

I think most would agree it's only below TDK and Spider-Man 2.

Overall a great superhero film but could of been much better.

1. TDK
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Iron Man 2
4. X2
(big space)
5. Batman Returns

Figs 05-08-2010 06:02 PM

Spider-man 2
TDK
Iron Man 2
X-men 2
Blade 2

Dark Raven 05-08-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironfan72 (Post 18326599)
1) Tie between Iron Man and The Dark Knight
2) Spider-Man 2
3) Iron Man2
4) X2
5) Spider-Man

Why are you listing Iron Man and Spider-Man in there? I thought this thread was just about how sequels stack up against one another, so we're ignoring the first films, since they aren't sequels.

Ironfan72 05-08-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Raven (Post 18326642)
Why are you listing Iron Man and Spider-Man in there? I thought this thread was just about how sequels stack up against one another, so we're ignoring the first films, since they aren't sequels.

sorry, your right, completely mis-read that, thanks for calling me on it :), I will fix it :im:

Lauryn2000 05-08-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACrowe (Post 18325979)
1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Batman Returns
4. X2
5. Iron Man 2

1)The Dark Knight
2)Superman II -directors cut(Christopher Reeves)
3)X-Men 2
4)Spider-man 2
5)Iron Man 2

It will take one hell of a comic book sequel to knock Batman Returns of it's pedestal.I can only see the third Batman installment/Christopher Nolan will have to "bring it"..and I mean bring all of it. :cwink:

The Bruce 05-08-2010 07:08 PM

Movies like the Dark Knight, Spidey 2 and X-men 2 may be better movies...

But I'll end up watching Iron Man 2 a lot more than any of these films. It's simply more entertaining. Nuff said.

Tony Stark 05-08-2010 07:14 PM

Batman Returns deserves to be on no "best of list" other than a best of characters who have black goo coming out of their mouth.

Any list that has Batman Returns on it is not a serious list IMO.

Spider-Vader 05-08-2010 07:20 PM

1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man 2
3. Spider-Man 2
4. X2
5. Batman Returns

I liked Iron Man 2 because it was more fun & true to the comics. The Spidey & X-Men franchises while have good movies (I only like the second movie in both series) are barely like their comic counterparts.

Mrs. Sawyer 05-08-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bruce (Post 18326793)

But I'll end up watching Iron Man 2 a lot more than any of these films. It's simply more entertaining. Nuff said.

This, even though I like Iron Man 2 more than X2 (which is also a great movie).

Tony Stark 05-08-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

I probably agree with this statement most of all. This movie is like a Bond film, you can just pop it in and watch it any old time. To an extent Spider-man 2 is like that, however I hated the power loss thing, it didn't make much sense to me, but I love Doc Ock, and the movie has one of the all time great superhero/villian battles.

The Dark Knight to me is extremely hard to watch. The movie just takes itself way to seriously, and thus kills my enjoyment sittng through it, and Christian Bale's Batman voice makes me want to chuckle. I don't think that was the intent. It's too bad Michael Keaton couldn't have done these movies.

Dark Raven 05-08-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Stark (Post 18326831)
I probably agree with this statement most of all. This movie is like a Bond film, you can just pop it in and watch it any old time. To an extent Spider-man 2 is like that, however I hated the power loss thing, it didn't make much sense to me, but I love Doc Ock, and the movie has one of the all time great superhero/villian battles.

The Dark Knight to me is extremely hard to watch. The movie just takes itself way to seriously, and thus kills my enjoyment sittng through it, and Christian Bale's Batman voice makes me want to chuckle. I don't think that was the intent. It's too bad Michael Keaton couldn't have done these movies.

Well I would say that Batman is generally dark and serious, and The Dark Knight fitted that tone, given its subject matter. It is a good film, but you'd have to be in the mood to watch it. It's not easy viewing, I'll say that, and not the sort of thing you'd want to chill out to and relax. That's probably why, referencing that other Iron Man 2 Oscar thread, TDK is Oscar material, but you wouldn't necessarily want to watch an Oscar-winning/nominated film over and over again or for fun.

missmarvel 05-08-2010 10:18 PM

i, personally, loved iron man 2. i think it was one of the best, if not THE best, marvel sequels. (and i wasn't a big fan of dark knight, to be honest)

epc11223 05-08-2010 10:24 PM

now i know this is not a spider-man forum, but i really don't get why spider-man 2 gets so much love. i really do find it to be a bit of a carbon copy to superman II where he wants to give up his powers to get the girl. that's essentially the story for spider-man 2. where the dark knight and even iron man 2 are different, at least they attempted to do creative things. even with x2. i'm a huge superman fan so i'm going to be biased about put that as number 1, so don't flame me too bad as i know it's not what most people would agree with and say that i'm crazy, but it's what i grew up with lol.

1. superman II
2. The Dark Knight
3. X2
4. Iron Man 2
5. Transformers 2: ok ok ok, i'm probably going to lose all credibility for this one but i'll explain. i'm a transformers fan and as bad as the film is, it had some cool optimus prime scenes and again, i'd have to go for originality. it wasn't really about giving up powers to get the girl.

i dont know, sorry for all the hate on spider-man, but i just feel that the most recent cartoon, spectacular spider-man was far superior than any of the movies. it had humor, charm, and action. it's what i would like to see in a live action movie for spider-man which i don't think we got in the raimi movies.

Tony Stark 05-08-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epc11223 (Post 18327366)
now i know this is not a spider-man forum, but i really don't get why spider-man 2 gets so much love. i really do find it to be a bit of a carbon copy to superman II where he wants to give up his powers to get the girl. that's essentially the story for spider-man 2. where the dark knight and even iron man 2 are different, at least they attempted to do creative things. even with x2. i'm a huge superman fan so i'm going to be biased about put that as number 1, so don't flame me too bad as i know it's not what most people would agree with and say that i'm crazy, but it's what i grew up with lol.

1. superman II
2. The Dark Knight
3. X2
4. Iron Man 2
5. Transformers 2: ok ok ok, i'm probably going to lose all credibility for this one but i'll explain. i'm a transformers fan and as bad as the film is, it had some cool optimus prime scenes and again, i'd have to go for originality. it wasn't really about giving up powers to get the girl.

i dont know, sorry for all the hate on spider-man, but i just feel that the most recent cartoon, spectacular spider-man was far superior than any of the movies. it had humor, charm, and action. it's what i would like to see in a live action movie for spider-man which i don't think we got in the raimi movies.

Oh wow! I totally forgot about Superman II. I realize the film looks somewhat dated now with the FX, but as a kid that was THE sequel! I was too young to know about all the turmoil with Richard Donner getting fired and all that, but I really enjoyed that movie as a kid.

Figs 05-08-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Stark (Post 18327393)
Oh wow! I totally forgot about Superman II. I realize the film looks somewhat dated now with the FX, but as a kid that was THE sequel! I was too young to know about all the turmoil with Richard Donner getting fired and all that, but I really enjoyed that movie as a kid.

Whoops! I also forgot about Superman 2.

Some of the best lines from a villain ever!

"Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod!"

"I see you are practiced in worshiping things that fly. Good. Now, rise before Zod."

President: "I'm the President. I'll kneel before you, if it will save lives."
Zod: "It will, starting with your own."

"I win. I always win. Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?"

You gotta love that pompous bastard.

epc11223 05-08-2010 11:10 PM

this is what i'm saying :o) superman II really upped the ante much like the dark knight, x2, iron man II and i'll even say rise of the silver surfer. they added something new to the story (for the most part) but with spider-man 2 he just kept pining for mj, had somone he admired become a villain and more feeling sorry for himself. the end was pretty bad too with mj leaving her fiance stood up on their wedding day. how can that possibly top "sorry mr. president, i won't let you down again." but the sincerity that christopher reeve portrayed as superman was uncanny. to me you really believed that he wouldnt let him down again. the third superman movie should have been about his redemption and beat brainiac over a takeover and then the fourth one could have brought in bizarro to the franchise. what could have been :o(. but alas, this is an iron man 2 forum, and i would definitely put it above spider-man 2. while i like the character of spider-man, i think spider-man 2 gets way too much credit for a story that was done already. yes there were some differences but i will always think that the main main plot was already done.

smooth3006 05-08-2010 11:17 PM

tdk knight isn't even on my list of great movies...how do you like those apples batman fanboys? seriously im sick of tdk being the comic book movie gospel. my god it's to the point of trolling anymore. ironman2 was as good as the first in my book.

epc11223 05-08-2010 11:20 PM

this is what i'm saying :o) superman II i will always think is far superior to spider-man 2. while spider-man 2 had some decent action sequences it was too much of the same thing from the first movie. it had someone that peter admired becoming a villain and then giving up his powers to be with the girl that he loves. but if memory serves me right, he gave up his powers after knowing that dr. octopus was "born". what kind of hero gives up his powers when he knows there's a threat out there? that's not something spider-man would do, that's just bad story telling. now i haven't seen the movie in awhile, but i'm pretty sure thats how it went out. plus how many people know spider-man's identity? that was just ridiculous. iron man is known for revealing himself, so it's accurate, with spider-man it was just bad. spider-man really helped forge the superhero genre and made alot of money, but i honestly don't get all the love. i think spectacular spider-man the cartoon was far superior. in spider-man 2 mj stands up a good guy at the alter. that's pretty bad in my opinion. while peter is the audiences hero, that other guy did nothing wrong and was a good guy in the movie. it just seems out of place and out of character of mj. it would have added depth to mj's character if she actually had a scene to say good bye to her fiance. alot of people didn't like her character and it would have helped give her some heart. maybe edit one another scene that was pointless to add a quality scene. i'd say shorten the scene with aunt may as i found that scene to be kind of dragged out. ok i know this isn't a spider-man forum, so i apologize for staying on this subject for so long, but i just find it annoying that they get so much love. it really wouldnt even crack my top five!

epc11223 05-08-2010 11:21 PM

sorry for the almost double post, i didnt think the first one went through lol.

hitmanyr2k 05-08-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Agreed. Spider-man 2, X2, and Iron Man 2 are pretty much my Top 3 comic film sequels as of now. I still haven't seen Donner's cut of Superman 2 yet so that may affect my rankings once I eventually get to it. Lester's cut of Superman 2 is horrible. If not for Terence Stamp's great portrayal of General Zod that movie would have been a complete waste.

S.A.A.D. 05-08-2010 11:44 PM

N/a

Mrs. Sawyer 05-08-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epc11223 (Post 18327366)

1. superman II
2. The Dark Knight
3. X2
4. Iron Man 2

1. No, Just no. :facepalm:

2. Optimus wasn't even there for most of the film and his actions scenes towards the end were too short

3. Transformers doesn't really count as a superhero film.

And as good as Superman II is, it could've been so much better than it was, which was highlighted by the production problems.

S.A.A.D. 05-08-2010 11:46 PM

Never mind.

S.A.A.D. 05-08-2010 11:52 PM

1) Ironman 2
2) Batman Returns
3) Hellboy 2:The Golden Army
4) Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer
5) Blade 2
6) X-Men 2:X-Men United
7) Spiderman 2
8) TDK
9)Superman II

epc11223 05-09-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker Wayne (Post 18327592)
1. No, Just no. :facepalm:

2. Optimus wasn't even there for most of the film and his actions scenes towards the end were too short

3. Transformers doesn't really count as a superhero film.

And as good as Superman II is, it could've been so much better than it was, which was highlighted by the production problems.

ok since it's my opinion, i respectfully disagree that you say "no no no" which i'm not. it's what i think is number 1, so it's not like you're going to change my opinion. as for points 2 and 3, it doesnt matter how much optimus is in it as the scenes he was in i enjoyed more than anything really in spider-man 2 as that was the movie that i bumped out of my top five as that movie i think is way over rated. transformers is in the SUPERHEROhype forum and it's in the superhero genre, so i don't really think it's out of the question to put that in there. they have the power to transform if that helps lol.

finally, as for what superman II could have been, i actually agree with you on this. i really would like an ultimate superman II version of the film that will never happen. there are qualities that i like in both films. i absolutely hate the lois shooting clark in the donner cut but i do enjoy the clark depowering scene where he talks to jor el and when jor el ultimately gives him his powers back. those are really the only two scenes that are memorable to me so i would have to go with the lester cut as the only scene really despise is the ripping the s off the chest and making it a net. hmm, i do like the scene with lois and superman talking at the end of the donner cut. ok, i'm torn on that but this isn't a superman forum lol. but even with those problem, i still consider it better than spider-man 2 and that didn't have production problems.

epc11223 05-09-2010 12:04 AM

not that it's a big deal but i'll take out transformers 2 for you but i'm including superman returns lol. the only reason i didnt include it before is because i put in movies that were direct sequels and superman returns is really a rebootqualremake lol. and i'm going to have to bump some things because superman always tops my list because i'm a huge superman fan and admit to being biased lol.

1. superman II
2. superman returns
3. tdk
4. x2
5. iron man 2

being biased i would probably put the dark knight first

Mrs. Sawyer 05-09-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epc11223 (Post 18327627)
ok since it's my opinion, i respectfully disagree that you say "no no no" which i'm not. it's what i think is number 1, so it's not like you're going to change my opinion. as for points 2 and 3, it doesnt matter how much optimus is in it as the scenes he was in i enjoyed more than anything really in spider-man 2 as that was the movie that i bumped out of my top five as that movie i think is way over rated. transformers is in the SUPERHEROhype forum and it's in the superhero genre, so i don't really think it's out of the question to put that in there. they have the power to transform if that helps lol.

finally, as for what superman II could have been, i actually agree with you on this. i really would like an ultimate superman II version of the film that will never happen. there are qualities that i like in both films. i absolutely hate the lois shooting clark in the donner cut but i do enjoy the clark depowering scene where he talks to jor el and when jor el ultimately gives him his powers back. those are really the only two scenes that are memorable to me so i would have to go with the lester cut as the only scene really despise is the ripping the s off the chest and making it a net. hmm, i do like the scene with lois and superman talking at the end of the donner cut. ok, i'm torn on that but this isn't a superman forum lol. but even with those problem, i still consider it better than spider-man 2 and that didn't have production problems.

Okay but I still wish Optimus was in the film more than he was. It probably would've would saved the film. made the film much better. made the film hurt less.

Mrs. Sawyer 05-09-2010 12:06 AM

Edit

epc11223 05-09-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker Wayne (Post 18327645)
Okay but I still wish Optimus was in the film more than he was. It probably would've would saved the film. made the film much better. made the film hurt less.

we can def agree on this

Maximum Carnage 05-09-2010 12:39 AM

Top five!

1.) Iron Man 2 (Badassery?)
2.) Batman Returns (Catwoman!)
3.) Spider-Man 2 (Dr. Octopus!)
4.) Incredible Hulk (Does this count? Lol.)
5.) The Dark Knight (Joker.. duh.)

Infinity9999x 05-09-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Raven (Post 18326882)
Well I would say that Batman is generally dark and serious, and The Dark Knight fitted that tone, given its subject matter. It is a good film, but you'd have to be in the mood to watch it. It's not easy viewing, I'll say that, and not the sort of thing you'd want to chill out to and relax. That's probably why, referencing that other Iron Man 2 Oscar thread, TDK is Oscar material, but you wouldn't necessarily want to watch an Oscar-winning/nominated film over and over again or for fun.

This. There I movies I know are great, but I just don't want to watch them all the time. Schindler's List, Gladiator, Memento, all of them, great movies, but I don't want to pop them in and watch them when I want to relax and chill.

IM2 is a movie I'll have fun watching any time. It's got a solid story, but it ultimately suffers from the same thing the first one did.

When we get down to it, the story isn't anything special. Rather formulaic. However, the cast is so damn good, you don't care. RDJ is hilarious, and he makes it more then worth while. Also, I had the pleasure of watching IM and IM2 back to back (my theatre was doing a double feature) and I have to say, these two movies, more then any other superhero movie I've seen, fit together perfectly. It didn't feel like I was watching a sequel. It felt like I was watching a continuation. It was merely the next entry in what is going to be a longer story. I've honestly never felt like that with any other superhero series. They usually have a slightly different feel to them. But these two worked together.

It was really cool, because it really gave you that sense of all these characters being in one world, which just gets me that much more excited for Avengers.

Mrs. Sawyer 05-09-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity9999x (Post 18327767)
This. There I movies I know are great, but I just don't want to watch them all the time. Schindler's List, Gladiator, Memento, all of them, great movies, but I don't want to pop them in and watch them when I want to relax and chill.

IM2 is a movie I'll have fun watching any time. It's got a solid story, but it ultimately suffers from the same thing the first one did.

When we get down to it, the story isn't anything special. Rather formulaic. However, the cast is so damn good, you don't care. RDJ is hilarious, and he makes it more then worth while. Also, I had the pleasure of watching IM and IM2 back to back (my theatre was doing a double feature) and I have to say, these two movies, more then any other superhero movie I've seen, fit together perfectly. It didn't feel like I was watching a sequel. It felt like I was watching a continuation. It was merely the next entry in what is going to be a longer story. I've honestly never felt like that with any other superhero series. They usually have a slightly different feel to them. But these two worked together.

It was really cool, because it really gave you that sense of all these characters being in one world, which just gets me that much more excited for Avengers.

It did feel like a continuation and it was a very fun film to watch.

The Squirrel 05-09-2010 01:51 AM

In my really tired mind right now, Iron Man 2 is what you get if you mix Spider-Man 2 with The Dark Knight. It's like the best mixed drink ever!

Superhero 101 05-09-2010 01:51 AM

The Dark Knight
Spiderman 2
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
X-men 2
Superman 2
X-men
Superman Returns
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four 2
Blade 2
Blade 3
Blade
Daredevil
Elektra
Ghost Rider

Mrs. Sawyer 05-09-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superhero 101 (Post 18327811)
The Dark Knight
Spiderman 2
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
X-men 2
Superman 2
X-men
Superman Returns
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four 2
Blade 2
Blade 3
Blade
Daredevil
Elektra
Ghost Rider

Sequels only, man

Octoberist 05-09-2010 03:34 AM

It's a bit of a cliche list, but here it goes:

The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 2
X2
Iron Man 2

Agent Orange 05-09-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.A.A.D (Post 18327607)
1) Ironman 2
2) Batman Returns
3) Hellboy 2:The Golden Army
4) Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer
5) Blade 2
6) X-Men 2:X-Men United
7) Spiderman 2
8) TDK
9)Superman Returns

You're completely insane.

Agent Orange 05-09-2010 03:40 AM

1. The Dark Knight
2. X2
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Blade II
5. Superman 2 (Donner Cut)
6. Hellboy 2
7. Iron Man 2

The rest aren't worth mentioning.

Octoberist 05-09-2010 03:48 AM

i need to see the Donner cut of Superman 2.

bullets 05-09-2010 04:16 AM

Spider-Man 2
T D K
X Men 2
Iron Man 2

Basically Iron Man 2 is in the upper echelon of superhero movies.