The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Batman (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=625)
-   -   The Batmobile Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=452979)

Thread Manager 07-10-2011 11:17 AM

The Batmobile Master Thread
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 07-10-2011 11:17 AM

New Batmobile
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

BatBat 07-10-2011 11:17 AM

Re: New Batmobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMoral (Post 20826535)
I maintain that the best Batmobile design is actually the B:TAS Batmobile.

If you mean this one
http://www.fotolode.com/images/batba...nbatmobile.jpg
http://www.fotolode.com/images/batba...tnabrcoupe.jpg
I almost agree with you. But I really love the Arkham Asylum batmobile. It's like a combo of the first BTAS batmobile, that batmobile and the 89 batmobile, with the tough armor look of the tumbler.

Parquagh 07-10-2011 11:31 AM

Re: New Batmobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BatBat (Post 20826619)
If you mean this one
http://www.fotolode.com/images/batba...nbatmobile.jpg
http://www.fotolode.com/images/batba...tnabrcoupe.jpg
I almost agree with you. But I really love the Arkham Asylum batmobile. It's like a combo of the first BTAS batmobile, that batmobile and the 89 batmobile, with the tough armor look of the tumbler.

Agreed both TNBAS and Arkham Asylum batmobiles are great, BTAS is great too, but too large to IMO...

TheZink 07-10-2011 12:10 PM

Re: New Batmobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parquagh (Post 20826671)
Agreed both TNBAS and Arkham Asylum batmobiles are great, BTAS is great too, but too large to IMO...

Actually, I think he was referring to this one:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...batmobile1.jpg

BatBat 07-10-2011 12:32 PM

Re: New Batmobile - Part 2
 
I like the one I posted better. It looks more like a "batmobile"

DaveMoral 07-10-2011 03:47 PM

Re: New Batmobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheZink (Post 20826881)
Actually, I think he was referring to this one:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...batmobile1.jpg

I was referring to this one. The other one never had enough detail in the show for me to give it much thought. It was a cool idea, but it just never popped. It takes a toy to make it look cool and functional.

BatBat 07-10-2011 10:59 PM

Re: New Batmobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMoral (Post 20828471)
I was referring to this one. The other one never had enough detail in the show for me to give it much thought. It was a cool idea, but it just never popped. It takes a toy to make it look cool and functional.

I agree. The show nor justice league never made it look as cool as the toy. But I still love it more than the first BTAS batmobile. It just looks more intimidating to me.

TheBatman072 07-10-2011 11:03 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
More posts containing pictures of terrifyingly ugly vehicles and people begging and pleading for them to be the new Batmobile please.

craigdbfan 07-10-2011 11:05 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
I want this to be the new batmobile. Simply because thats the car I own. Seems like a valid enough reason, right?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...K/b133f109.jpg

TheBatman072 07-10-2011 11:10 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Good enough reason for me!

CapedCrusader14 07-10-2011 11:26 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdbfan (Post 20831991)
I want this to be the new batmobile. Simply because thats the car I own. Seems like a valid enough reason, right?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...K/b133f109.jpg

Good to see that it comes in black :)

Yurka 07-10-2011 11:26 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Not realistic enough :down

Kynergy 07-10-2011 11:27 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Sorry, but the Goddamn Batman only drives American. :awesome:

craigdbfan 07-10-2011 11:34 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 (Post 20832171)
Good to see that it comes in black :)

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yurka (Post 20832173)
Not realistic enough :down

I know. :(

The shade of black is to light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynergy (Post 20832189)
Sorry, but the Goddamn Batman only drives American. :awesome:

Lambo? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBatman072 (Post 20832041)
Good enough reason for me!

:highfive:

Bruce Malone 07-10-2011 11:39 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
http://uncrate.com/p/2008/11/knight-xv.jpg

Yurka 07-10-2011 11:42 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Not for a Batmobile please.


Everytime I think about what I want to see in a new batmobile, I cant decide whether I want it to be more like a tank, or more sleek.

Bruce Malone 07-10-2011 11:52 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
I think for batman's character him cruising around in an urban assualt vehicle would make more sense than a skinny race car. So I think the tumbler is a good fit.

BatBat 07-10-2011 11:55 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Left over tumbler made with a sleeker bat motif :up:

TheBatman072 07-11-2011 12:04 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
You know what's funny about the whole "bat motif" thing?

The tumbler HAS a bat motif. The Tumbler is basically a BAT.

Think about a bat that has it's wings folded(not wrapped around it's body) in to its arms. And think about it crawling around on the ground with its arms tight to its body and longer than its head.

That's the tumbler.

Chris Wallace 07-11-2011 01:30 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
I would like them to go with something a little sleeker and less militaristic this time around, but I doubt it.

BatBat 07-11-2011 01:41 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBatman072 (Post 20832521)
You know what's funny about the whole "bat motif" thing?

The tumbler HAS a bat motif. The Tumbler is basically a BAT.

Think about a bat that has it's wings folded(not wrapped around it's body) in to its arms. And think about it crawling around on the ground with its arms tight to its body and longer than its head.

That's the tumbler.

"sleeker" bat motif. A more recognizable "sleeker" bat motif. Pardon me for not stressing that for the noob hangers.

TheBatman072 07-11-2011 01:44 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BatBat (Post 20832955)
"sleeker" bat motif. A more recognizable "sleeker" bat motif. Pardon me for not stressing that for the noob hangers.

So fins and a bat head on a black sports car. Basically.

And what in the wild blue **** is a noob hanger?

BatBat 07-11-2011 01:48 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBatman072 (Post 20832973)
So fins and a bat head on a black sports car. Basically.

And what in the wild blue **** is a noob hanger?

The tumbler is not a sports car. I like how the wheels are on the front and those big monster truck rear wheels. Just less Humvee/Stealth bomber looking. "Sleeker" body. Not change the entire car altogether.

cryptic name 07-11-2011 02:58 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yurka (Post 20832283)
Not for a Batmobile please.


Everytime I think about what I want to see in a new batmobile, I cant decide whether I want it to be more like a tank, or more sleek.

I suggest a compromise...:woot:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...le_Tumbler.jpg

xero1186 07-11-2011 03:26 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptic name (Post 20833213)


I hope they just bring back the tumbler.

Chris Wallace 07-11-2011 04:01 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Admittedly, the Tumbler is my dream car. I would drive that on the streets. Partly bc I know nobody would dare cut me off.

craigdbfan 07-11-2011 04:01 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
I agree.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. If not then I was recently thinking of an even bigger and more aggressive version of the tumbler. That would show what Wayne has had to do to also fend off GPD while still combating the usual hundreds of criminals.

I want the tumbler or a jumbo decked out version as well. Somewhat like the one from Millers TDKR excepts with the actual treads of a tank. Having it look more monstrous would be a good way to show what Batman keeps turning more into while hopefully coming out more balanced when all is said is done and can remain in a more harmonious relationship with the alter ego he has created.

Chris Wallace 07-11-2011 04:03 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
I'm actually thinking a smaller version of the Tumbler.

Octoberist 07-11-2011 04:06 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
What are the chances of havingboth a new Batmbile and a new Batsuit?

Mako 07-11-2011 04:08 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 20833369)
What are the chances of havingboth a new Batmbile and a new Batsuit?

I'd say 50/50, I'm hoping we do get new versions of both .

craigdbfan 07-11-2011 04:11 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Higher than 50/50 IMO towards the side of WB changing it. The toy & merchandise department for this franchise has been a prevalent part. I know Chris Nolan has a lot of control but I certainly believe that certain stuff like that always takes precedent for WB/DC just look at Green Lantern.

Thankfully though they've done a good job with Nolan's bat series. I know a lot of people worry we won't get a new batsuit redesign but this time the side of the pragmatic norms for making money off juggernauts like this will give us a new design at least for the batsuit. Nolan is a good enough writer/director to make it work.

That's just my view on things. That's one thing I'll remain very hopeful till it's all said and done. As for the batmobile it can go either way that I'm not sure about. There is chance though seeing as TDK technically left that option in the air.

JAKĀ® 07-11-2011 05:48 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBatman072 (Post 20832521)
You know what's funny about the whole "bat motif" thing?

The tumbler HAS a bat motif. The Tumbler is basically a BAT.

Think about a bat that has it's wings folded(not wrapped around it's body) in to its arms. And think about it crawling around on the ground with its arms tight to its body and longer than its head.

That's the tumbler.

Yeah, they took that motif and did everything they possibly could to make it unrecognisable.

When I heard that explanation for the Tumbler I fell in love with that concept, but I think the actual execution is still lacking.

Godzilla2014 07-11-2011 09:30 AM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAKĀ® (Post 20833653)
Yeah, they took that motif and did everything they possibly could to make it unrecognisable.

When I heard that explanation for the Tumbler I fell in love with that concept, but I think the actual execution is still lacking.

It's subtle, but it's there. I don't need everything Batman has to look like a bat. The Tumbler is distinct, and looks like a fighting machine. It works better in this context than a sports car with scalloped "Bat-fins" would. You don't have to beat us over the head with a bat-motif for it work as a Batmobile.

Gold Samurai 07-11-2011 07:37 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdbfan (Post 20833395)
Higher than 50/50 IMO towards the side of WB changing it. The toy & merchandise department for this franchise has been a prevalent part. I know Chris Nolan has a lot of control but I certainly believe that certain stuff like that always takes precedent for WB/DC just look at Green Lantern.

Thankfully though they've done a good job with Nolan's bat series. I know a lot of people worry we won't get a new batsuit redesign but this time the side of the pragmatic norms for making money off juggernauts like this will give us a new design at least for the batsuit. Nolan is a good enough writer/director to make it work.

With Batman on the run he'll probably need a new suit that can evade the cops

Marx 07-11-2011 07:42 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Malone (Post 20832261)

That's pretty much what we got in BB and TDK. :oldrazz:

Godzilla2014 07-11-2011 07:59 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marx (Post 20839803)
That's pretty much what we got in BB and TDK. :oldrazz:

You say that like it's a bad thing.:oldrazz:

KalMart 07-11-2011 08:41 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Malone (Post 20832261)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2088/autobotbats.jpg

Chris Wallace 07-11-2011 08:47 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 20833369)
What are the chances of havingboth a new Batmbile and a new Batsuit?

The vehicle was destroyed and the suit failed to protect him against the Joker and his dogs. So I'd say the odds are pretty good.

Chris Wallace 07-11-2011 08:48 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KalMart (Post 20840521)

Is there a Tumbler Transformer?

KalMart 07-11-2011 08:49 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 20840625)
Is there a Tumbler Transformer?

I think this is just a fan-version....

http://my.spill.com/forum/topics/947...mment%3A428937

riskproductions 07-11-2011 08:51 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
After hearing the "motorcycle" element in the Carnegie Melon report, anyone think the pod could come back? Not sure how I feel about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just stuck with Tumbler and Batpod. There is already soo much new stuff to introduce, in terms of characters, plot, etc. But I think there will be a lot of action scenes in Pittsburgh, and then we will have our answer

Chris Wallace 07-11-2011 09:01 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
I doubt he'll get another Tumbler without Fox.

TheBatman072 07-11-2011 09:04 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 20840843)
I doubt he'll get another Tumbler without Fox.

Fox didn't quit.

BatBat 07-11-2011 09:04 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 20840625)
Is there a Tumbler Transformer?

Man that's just Ironhide with a bat symbol Photoshopped on

Ness 07-11-2011 09:05 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Just bring back The Tumbler. It was awesome.

The Joker 07-11-2011 09:07 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 20840605)
The vehicle was destroyed and the suit failed to protect him against the Joker and his dogs. So I'd say the odds are pretty good.

His Begins suit didn't protect him against the dogs. That's why he was stitching his arm from a dog bite early in the movie. He didn't get the TDK suit for extra protection. He knew right off that he would be more vulnerable to knives and gun fire. He got it for mobility because he was too slow in the bulky Begins suit.

ModestMr.Green 07-11-2011 09:10 PM

Re: New Batmobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheZink (Post 20826881)
Actually, I think he was referring to this one:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...batmobile1.jpg

'Member the Happy Meal Toy version of this that broke apart into a smaller and sleeker car? Yeah, cool #$@^ing toy.

KalMart 07-11-2011 09:14 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BatBat (Post 20840889)
Man that's just Ironhide with a bat symbol Photoshopped on

Yeah....SO???!!!


http://www.eyesskyward.com/forum/sho...o-Robots/page2




;)

Fanticon 07-11-2011 09:19 PM

Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III
 
I would love to see bruce try to combine the best of what he loves about his lamborghini and the tumbler and combine it...looks and all. Tumbler was destroyed, lamborghini was crashed, if he salvages the parts and combines it with the tumbler i think it would look amazing and unique. And it could be a light hearted moment to see him working on it in the batcave over banter with alfred and then the big reveal. Cuz if its just the tumbler with new gadgets that's fine, but if it is something unique to Batman...the batmobile will finally have it's own identity.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of Mandatory, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.