The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Misc. TV Series (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   AMC Picks Up Crime Thriller Television Series ‘The Killing’ (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=340261)

Soapy 04-04-2011 09:48 PM

Re: AMC Picks Up Crime Thriller Television Series ‘The Killing’

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Jones (Post 20012881)
Stephen's way of getting the information about The Cage was a great moment.

I agree. Probably my favorite moment of the night next to when they find Rosie's body (which was only a couple of seconds, but I just thought the body underneath all that water in the car's trunk was an interesting image). Anyway, they make you think he's the most nauseatingly sleazy cop in the world and they flip it on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty (Post 20013351)
The season has a 13 episode order, so there are 11 more episodes or "days"
until the case is solved.

So, I have to wonder if this is going to be like Twin Peaks where no one gives a **** after they find Laura Palmer's murderer.

Siby 04-04-2011 10:02 PM

lol, I kept thinking Twin Peaks as I was watching this show. I agree with you, unless they find a really good way to reel in the audience, nobody will care after they find out who killed Rosie.

Shifty 04-04-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapy (Post 20014141)
So, I have to wonder if this is going to be like Twin Peaks where no one gives a **** after they find Laura Palmer's murderer.

As long as next season captures the audience's attention with a new case I guess.

The Danish series it was based on already has two seasons with a third one to premiere in 2012.

Project862006 04-04-2011 11:42 PM

I like the way Stephen works it may come across as creepy and sleazy but it gets the job done and he did work in narcotics and had to rattle junkies.

Blackman 04-05-2011 08:08 AM

Stephen was definetly the most interesting thing about the show so far. His way of police work is the main reason I'll come back

squeekness 04-05-2011 01:09 PM

This was so good. I DVR'ed the pilot and than watched the whole thing even though it meant staying up late. :) It was great! Can't wait for more.

Doctor Jones 04-05-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapy (Post 20014141)
I agree. Probably my favorite moment of the night next to when they find Rosie's body (which was only a couple of seconds, but I just thought the body underneath all that water in the car's trunk was an interesting image). Anyway, they make you think he's the most nauseatingly sleazy cop in the world and they flip it on you.

There were alot of great images. The cinematography was some of the best of a tv show. Seattle is gray and rainy. Those wide shots of the city? In HD it's wow.

I'd be funny if he didn't actually give them weed too. :woot: Just shows the stupidity of teenagers and wanting to fit in and thinking what they do is right when it's incredibly stupid.

So the killer will be revealed in the 13th episode? I mean the title of the show is The Killing. Judging from the circustances of the characters, especially Sarah, how could another killing happen again? She wants to go to California. You'd think after this case is over she'd want to leave.

But there is potential. An arrest could be made but that doesn't mean it's the real killer. But that could also mean a strung out show that's unneccessarrily long.

Rez 04-05-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Jones (Post 20019309)
There were alot of great images. The cinematography was some of the best of a tv show. Seattle is gray and rainy. Those wide shots of the city? In HD it's wow.

I'd be funny if he didn't actually give them weed too. :woot: Just shows the stupidity of teenagers and wanting to fit in and thinking what they do is right when it's incredibly stupid.

So the killer will be revealed in the 13th episode? I mean the title of the show is The Killing. Judging from the circustances of the characters, especially Sarah, how could another killing happen again? She wants to go to California. You'd think after this case is over she'd want to leave.

But there is potential. An arrest could be made but that doesn't mean it's the real killer. But that could also mean a strung out show that's unneccessarrily long.

Not sure if it was weed or not, but the stupidity and wanting to fit in bit was very obvious with the hot girl going, "I'm sooo high right now" after 1 puff.

Also, as for Sarah, I think that one of the most predictable things that could happen during the show is that the case ruins her relationship to be and she winds up staying.

Asgard 04-05-2011 10:40 PM

The weird thing I found about Rosie's body was how calm her face looked. I might be wrong but shouldnt she have died with like a look of panic on her face since she was alive when she was put into the lake?

Blackman 04-10-2011 10:37 PM

This episode was so much better than the first 2. It still doesnt have me thinking "Holy crap AMC did it again" but it has my attention now.

Project862006 04-10-2011 10:43 PM

very good episode Stephen is one of my favorite new characters

i love that he looks like a drug addict but is a cop

Paroxysm 04-10-2011 11:04 PM

Shot in Vancouver! :)

Heisenberg 04-11-2011 09:31 AM

3rd episode was a step up from the premiere, which was also good. Stephen's a great character, love the tone of the show.

squeekness 04-11-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 20057037)

Me, too! He is definitely my favorite out of the bunch. :)

alexdunn 04-11-2011 11:37 AM

My favorite character is the father. He just seems so genuine and kind. But he's probably gonna turn out to be the killer. : /

Soapy 04-11-2011 01:37 PM

Stephen's my favorite as well. I've been eying the father as the killer as well.

GhostPoet 04-11-2011 01:52 PM

Ok...so what seperates this show from the myriad of other detective shows?

Soapy 04-11-2011 02:00 PM

I wouldn't know. I don't watch other "detective shows".

Aesop Rocks 04-11-2011 02:45 PM

I'm loving this show. So much.

Aesop Rocks 04-11-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 20057037)

Oh for sure, he completely sold me at the end of episode 2. The whole "are we going to party" scene really started out with him looking like a complete pedophile, but it ended up with him just being a genius.

Blackman 04-11-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostPoet (Post 20060771)
Ok...so what seperates this show from the myriad of other detective shows?

not that much really.

Aesop Rocks 04-11-2011 03:27 PM

I look at The Killing as the most realistic look at an actual murder investigation. They're still focusing on the family while the cops are out looking for the murderer.

Paroxysm 04-11-2011 03:36 PM

I'm halfway through the e01, I like this a lot.

Aesop Rocks 04-11-2011 03:38 PM

It's really good. The dad's acting really sells "IT".

Christopher Nolan 04-12-2011 12:18 AM

it's like i'm watching heavy rain the adaption...