The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=462441)

STARMAN 07-27-2013 09:34 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
As I said in other posts. I know who I don't want for the role but I don't know who I want for the role. I'm never good at casting.

Rowsdower! 07-27-2013 09:34 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
This BxB guy is great. I feel like I should be eating a tub if popcorn reading this.

Project862006 07-27-2013 09:35 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BxB402 (Post 26479003)
Funny, when I look at most of this topic I feel like we're casting a CW/MTV teen drama or a romantic comedy rather than a reboot Batman and Superman action/ hero film.

really because i see names like luke evans,karl urban,michael fassbender,ryan gosling,wes bentley,etc. all grown men who are well respected actors

not b movie stars

Rowsdower! 07-27-2013 09:47 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 26479035)
really because i see names like luke evans,karl urban,michael fassbender,ryan gosling,wes bentley,etc. all grown men who are well respected actors

not b movie stars

Shhhh... He can't prove his point if you keep throwing facts out there.

BxB402 07-27-2013 10:04 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowsdower! (Post 26479117)
Shhhh... He can't prove his point if you keep throwing facts out there.

You guys have already proven my point. You're just fangirls that only want established A list actors in your movies instead of giving others the chance. You typecast. Hell, the fact that you think Adkins is an MMA fighter and can't act says it all. And the fact that any of you pick Ryan Gosling to play Batman says things I would be banned for repeating. None of them good.

BxB402 07-27-2013 10:08 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Rowsdower, what are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be stuck in the wilderness fixing your busted ass truck, fluffing your hockey hair and saving the world?

Llama_Shepherd 07-27-2013 10:16 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BxB402 (Post 26479223)
You guys have already proven my point. You're just fangirls that only want established A list actors in your movies


Oh my god, I'm dying, that is just deliciously hilarious


Quote:

Originally Posted by BxB402 (Post 26479223)
You typecast.

Whilst this is just the pinnacle of irony.

Thank you for the unbridled ecstasy that last post inflicted upon me, I only hope you continue to babble on, so there are more posts to Tivo.

I SEE SPIDEY 07-27-2013 10:21 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by regwec (Post 26478907)
Have we learned nothing? That is the mindset of an uninterested WB production exec in the 1990s. Depictions of comicbook characters do not need to be feather-light, underwrought and generally crappy. Bruce Wayne/Batman is a complex and difficult role that requires the convincing depiction of several characters within the character. Giving some stunt man "acting lessons" is not going to deliver an acceptable result. Acting is a somewhat technical and skilled undertaking- there is a reason why good ones are well paid, and there is a reason that, even in crappy movies, Batman is always played by a competent actor.



1) Actually, I'm standing.

2) Whatever you say about Ruffalo, he is an actor. I do not wish to see the return of Bale, but the character does at least need to be played by a ****ing actor. I can't believe I had to type that.


Yeah, this thread has reached a new low.

Preach. :bow:

Prison Mike 07-27-2013 10:21 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Gabriel Macht could be a good choice. He's a great actor and looks the part.

D.P. 07-27-2013 10:21 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
You guys are placing Gosling on a pedestal to be fair. The rest of what he says is ridiculous though.

Sidenote, this thread has sold me on Luke Evans...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N_yG-IQLOq...LUKE-EVANS.jpg

Casval 07-27-2013 10:22 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwing1 (Post 26478479)
Tyler Hoechlin is being reported as the top candidate and will even be screen testing alongside Cavill!

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0724744.html


Why not but I'm surprised he is only 25.

STARMAN 07-27-2013 10:23 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
If Cosmic Book News says it than you know there's no chance in it happening. Thankfully.

bluearth 07-27-2013 10:27 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Karl Urban will never be chosen. Hes 41. They might as well bring Bale back if they get him.

Armie Hammer is too young and coming off the Lone Ranger flop.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a bit too well known. His look is too distinct, people will automatically recognize him from his other movies.

Wes Bentley apparently has a drug problem

Tanning Chatum is hated

Joseph Gordon Levitt is too small

Joe Manganiello is a tad too old, he'll be 37 in a few months, which means he'll be 39 when the movie comes out, and 41 during justice league. If you want a 10 year universe, 34, 35 is pretty much the max age you can be right now.

So again, Ryan Gosling is perfect. Great actor. Hes 32. Hes 6'1". He will bring his own spin to the Bruce Wayne and Batman character, so we can expect an exciting twist to the character. Hes known by film fans and critics, but not so much by the general audience as he hasnt been in any big blockbusters, sort of like a Mark Ruffalo, so they wont have trouble imagining him as Batman.

ЯɘvlveR 07-27-2013 10:30 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
pretty sure bentley HAD a drug problem. don't quote me though.

ЯɘvlveR 07-27-2013 10:33 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
honestly, i'm down with backing up the bugs bunny money truck for fassbender (it's not my money) if johnny storm can be captain america, magneto can be batman.

my awesome mspaint skills (on someone else's manip)
cooper pine cavill arterton fassbender gosling
http://i39.tinypic.com/2v3j0d4.jpg

because i like to hear myself talk.

D.P. 07-27-2013 10:42 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Hoechlin = Bruce Wayne from "The Batman" animated series.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OnbGAU18OR...and+Alfred.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...69-585-305.jpg

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/43880...r-hoechlin.jpg

Not a fan of either.

ArmsHeldOut 07-27-2013 10:54 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluearth (Post 26479391)
Jake Gyllenhaal is a bit too well known. His look is too distinct, people will automatically recognize him from his other movies.

So again, Ryan Gosling is perfect. Great actor. Hes 32. Hes 6'1". He will bring his own spin to the Bruce Wayne and Batman character, so we can expect an exciting twist to the character. Hes known by film fans and critics, but not so much by the general audience as he hasnt been in any big blockbusters, sort of like a Mark Ruffalo, so they wont have trouble imagining him as Batman.

Gosling's a good actor, but, with his weak triangular shaped jaw, he looks nothing like Bruce Wayne/Batman at all. The costume designer would go insane trying to make a cowl that simultaneously conforms to his face and does justice to the character. So, aside from being just as well known and "distinct" looking as Gyllenhaal, he's definitely not perfect for the role.

ArmsHeldOut 07-27-2013 10:57 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR (Post 26479415)
pretty sure bentley HAD a drug problem. don't quote me though.

He's been clean since 2009.

Two-Face 07-27-2013 10:59 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwing1 (Post 26478479)
Tyler Hoechlin is being reported as the top candidate and will even be screen testing alongside Cavill!

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0724744.html

I hope not. The Sun has pick up on this so most unlikely.

MrMaooz 07-27-2013 11:05 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluearth (Post 26479391)
Karl Urban will never be chosen. Hes 41. They might as well bring Bale back if they get him.

Armie Hammer is too young and coming off the Lone Ranger flop.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a bit too well known. His look is too distinct, people will automatically recognize him from his other movies.

Wes Bentley apparently has a drug problem

Tanning Chatum is hated

Joseph Gordon Levitt is too small

Joe Manganiello is a tad too old, he'll be 37 in a few months, which means he'll be 39 when the movie comes out, and 41 during justice league. If you want a 10 year universe, 34, 35 is pretty much the max age you can be right now.

So again, Ryan Gosling is perfect. Great actor. Hes 32. Hes 6'1". He will bring his own spin to the Bruce Wayne and Batman character, so we can expect an exciting twist to the character. Hes known by film fans and critics, but not so much by the general audience as he hasnt been in any big blockbusters, sort of like a Mark Ruffalo, so they wont have trouble imagining him as Batman.

Ummm...Gosling is actually pretty well known by the GA.

D.P. 07-27-2013 11:08 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut (Post 26479563)
Gosling's a good actor, but, with his weak triangular shaped jaw, he looks nothing like Bruce Wayne/Batman at all.

This is my exact stance towards Gosling. I love the work he has been doing lately, but no. He's not Bruce and he's not Batman.

Everybody wants the "it" guy though...

dmc 07-27-2013 11:16 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
BXB, Do you think Gina Carano should play WW too? (serious question?)

ArmsHeldOut 07-27-2013 11:21 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-Face (Post 26479617)
I hope not. The Sun has pick up on this so most unlikely.

That's just the same unreliable report from Cosmic Book News being recycled over and over again.

ArmsHeldOut 07-27-2013 11:25 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.P. (Post 26479473)

He actually looks more like the Batman: Earth One version of Bruce Wayne.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...honebatman.jpg

Spider-Aziz 07-27-2013 11:46 AM

Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BxB402 (Post 26478951)
Have any of you actually watched any movies Scott Adkins is in?

I only saw bits and pieces of "Undisputed 3"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 26479035)
really because i see names like luke evans,karl urban,michael fassbender,ryan gosling,wes bentley,etc. all grown men who are well respected actors

not b movie stars

Who was Michael Keaton before playing Batman? Mr. Mom, and Beetlejuice
Who was Christian Bale before playing Batman? That guy from Equilibrium, American Psycho
Not memorable roles

And who is Henry Cavill? Who was Dean Cane? Who was Christopher Reeve? Who the heck was Brandon Routh?
Any memorable roles any of those played?

Who is Tobey Maguire? Who knew him before he played Spider-Man?

Who the heck is Hugh Jackman? Who who and who are those who played comic book characters for the most part? More B-list actors than important name in cinema


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of Mandatory, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.