The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel's The Avengers (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=444)
-   -   Ed Norton (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=320638)

Bruce Banner 06-19-2009 09:12 AM

Re: Ed Norton

I wonder about Zak Penn writing the script for the Avengers and after Norton doing the touch ups on TIH I didn't think Penn was really happy about that. How will Zak Penn write Nortons part as Banner if he is involved?

Well maybe I'm answering my own question but I know Marvel doesn't want to screw this up so I think they would be interested in any creative input. I'm sure Downey and Favs would want to make a few changes as well.

Sarg92 06-19-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Banner (Post 17078776)
I wonder about Zak Penn writing the script for the Avengers and after Norton doing the touch ups on TIH I didn't think Penn was really happy about that. How will Zak Penn write Nortons part as Banner if he is involved?

Well maybe I'm answering my own question but I know Marvel doesn't want to screw this up so I think they would be interested in any creative input. I'm sure Downey and Favs would want to make a few changes as well.

I feel that Zak Penn will write the basis of the story like how he did with TIH but then there will be changes made to it by the director, actors and producers.

Betty Ross 06-19-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Banner (Post 17078776)

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Penn's had scripts rewritten or touched up a few times before TIH, so I don't know if that was really the issue for him. The issue, I think, was in who received credit, and Penn fought for it and ultimately got full credit.

I know he doesn't have a great track record, but if he's just doing the outline so far (like I believe Feige said), I'm alright with it. It's not like he'll have the last word on the story anyways - there's going to be so many different parties involved, it's inevitable that it's going to be touched up and fine-tuned to suit them.

Bruce Banner 06-20-2009 12:28 AM

I agree if its kinda like a outline and someone doing some touch ups like Edward did then I'm fine with it.

And a OT thought isn't it funny how me and you both being newbies were lucky enough to actually get the names Bruce Banner and Betty Ross before someone else did? Someone mentioned it to me in another thread I'm surprised I got it.

TheVileOne 06-23-2009 08:36 PM

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/15...ulk-franchise/

This was Norton talking around last September a few months after TIH.

FaT_tONle 06-23-2009 11:23 PM

Why post the old news everywhere?

Khemik@L 06-24-2009 08:54 AM

Yea we already know about this. I think it was even on the front page of SHH

TheVileOne 06-25-2009 02:08 PM

Just as a reminder.

Sarg92 06-25-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVileOne (Post 17105337)
Just as a reminder.

Well with Norton being sceptical about The Avengers but this is from last year and his views on it could have changed. Do you think he was correct in being a bit sceptical about it and saying Marvel aren't too sure what to do with all these characters because Zak Penn has said that the film seems daunting and he even said it might suck!

Spider-Vader 06-25-2009 08:58 PM

If they make it around TDK's time length (or above) I think it'll be good. You get to have some character development, plot development & some big action scenes.

TheVileOne 06-25-2009 09:18 PM

I don't think it has to be 2 and a half hours. It should be at least 2 hours though.

Look for this movie, you aren't going to focus as much as on the supporting Avengers.

In Star Trek, the main duo was Kirk and Spock, but a decent amount of time was dedicated to the other cast members. Not a whole lot, but the potential is there to do more later on. Uhura served a very important role in the arcs of both Kirk and Spock. Scotty comes late into the movie, but Pegg at least gets to make an impact with his screentime.

TheFuture 06-27-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillardNation (Post 17051758)
definitely. Bana was good in Star Trek, ok in Troy and absolutely terrible in everything else. Norton, on the other hand, is phenomenal in everything he does.

Eh............Chopper?

As for Norton, I think he derserves pay parity with RDJ. I do believe Norton is the perfect fit for Banner, and if Marvel want to maintain The Hulk as a legit movie character, they'll avoid another recast and not cheap out.

SolarTiger 06-27-2009 02:13 PM

I really hope they keep norton...I loved him in TIH and I would hate it if he was recast.

Spider-ManHero12 06-27-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolarTiger (Post 17113855)
I really hope the keep norton...I loved him in TIH and I would hate it if he was recast.

I second that. IMO, he's the best Bruce Banner or just as great as Bill Bixby's. :up:

Gamma Goliath 06-27-2009 09:12 PM

Yeah norton was great. My banners would be bill bixby, neal mcdonough, and ed norton, with norton being the best.

dcHulk 06-28-2009 05:34 PM

I don't really see neal mcdonough in a banner role. But as far as I'm concerned, neither Bana nor Norton brought the level of gravitas that Bixby did. Not that Bana is not capable of doing this, but Norton's performance was crippled by poor editing. Had we seen the character development scenes that were cut out by Marvel, then Norton's Banner probably would have matched that of Bixby's.

Bruce Banner 06-29-2009 08:49 AM

yeah I wish a few of those scenes stayed in along with that scene where William Hurt was sitting in the dark with a cigar and gave his speech to the major.

Microchip 07-04-2009 05:48 PM

I think that Norton will probably decide on Avengers based on how the other franchises are looking. He's got every right to be skeptical about jumping onto a movie where two character's film potentials have yet to be realized, and with Iron Man 2 incomplete. Say IM2 is great, Thor and Captain America are too, I'd assume Norton will sign on.

FaT_tONle 07-04-2009 06:23 PM

He won't have time to wait. Avengers will be filming before Cap/Thor come out. It's going to depend on the script and screenplay... not good news considering who's on board in that department.

Gamma Goliath 07-04-2009 09:35 PM

If he is waiting, my guess is he's waiting on IM2, and what director and writers sign on to avengers. But if he's truly passionate about being banner and hulk, he'll sign on regardless.
On second thought he maybe waiting to see what the script looks like and who else gets cast into the movie.

smooth3006 07-05-2009 06:00 PM

id like to think norton will play banner in avengers? i just want a darn hulk sequel with him in it. :bh:

Gamma Goliath 07-07-2009 01:32 AM

Yeah, I think he'll come around

TheVileOne 07-07-2009 06:42 PM

If he doesn't and they really want to use Hulk/Banner again it could be a different Banner.

topdog1 07-28-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath (Post 17151511)
Yeah, I think he'll come around

I hope you're right.

I just posted this in the Hulk/Avengers thread but it probably should've gone here. Comic Con interview clip with Kevin Feige...

When asked if he was currently in a "good place" with Edward Norton, Feige demurred and said, "ask him."

So many ways to answer that if things were even OK with Norton. Feige needs to suck it up and apologize big-time. Norton was clearly right judging by the brilliance of some of the deleted scenes in IH and by the final box office numbers. Feige and Marvel clearly decided to cut some character development out of IH because Ang Lee had left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. They were wrong to cut what they did. So, man up and beg Norton for another chance. Don't lose one of the greatest actors of our generation and the PERFECT Banner because of pride.

irapogi 07-28-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog1 (Post 17248991)
I hope you're right.

I just posted this in the Hulk/Avengers thread but it probably should've gone here. Comic Con interview clip with Kevin Feige...

When asked if he was currently in a "good place" with Edward Norton, Feige demurred and said, "ask him."

So many ways to answer that if things were even OK with Norton. Feige needs to suck it up and apologize big-time. Norton was clearly right judging by the brilliance of some of the deleted scenes in IH and by the final box office numbers. Feige and Marvel clearly decided to cut some character development out of IH because Ang Lee had left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. They were wrong to cut what they did. So, man up and beg Norton for another chance. Don't lose one of the greatest actors of our generation and the PERFECT Banner because of pride.

perfectly put. if there isnt some sort of petition, there should be, tell marvel that the people want norton, and hel apologize, granted, if norton still doesnt want to do it, then that sucks, but still.

:bh: