The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=473515)

xrs13 02-12-2014 08:27 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Although brief I loved the bit where cyk was firing his blast at jean in X2 and she was holding it off. I would kill to see something like that again.

Tehmeh 02-12-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrs13 (Post 27925275)
Although brief I loved the bit where cyk was firing his blast at jean in X2 and she was holding it off. I would kill to see something like that again.

Same, except for the killing part. I liked those kinds of several short moments from Singer's X-films. There's a certain personality and impact in them that's hard to explain. And I'm pretty sure it's not just because I prefer X-men, in fact I was more of a Spider-man/Batman - guy before we started to get decent movies. I can watch X2 anytime and love nearly every scene, every battle in it.

For example, I like the Avengers, but it didn't have such an impact on me. It was such big in scale and pretty, but I didn't feel it. I felt only a little tension, and in the end big things just happened and I wasn't invested that much. I wasn't in the movie, I was just a bystander. Same with the ending of X3 starting from the bridge scene. Same with the ending of FC not counting Magneto vs. Bacon.

I'm not saying the scale in X-films should always be small (although I like confined battles more), but that personal impact should be there. Probably very hard to implement if there are people flying and robots/ships firing and exploding all over the place. Looking good and big means nothing if it's not done right. Only Pacific Rim from latest scifi/action movies has managed to deliver something really huge in scale that worked for me.

Sun_Down 02-12-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tehmeh (Post 27925455)
Same, except for the killing part. I liked those kinds of several short moments from Singer's X-films. There's a certain personality and impact in them that's hard to explain. And I'm pretty sure it's not just because I prefer X-men, in fact I was more of a Spider-man/Batman - guy before we started to get decent movies. I can watch X2 anytime and love nearly every scene, every battle in it.

For example, I like the Avengers, but it didn't have such an impact on me. It was such big in scale and pretty, but I didn't feel it. I felt only a little tension, and in the end big things just happened and I wasn't invested that much. I wasn't in the movie, I was just a bystander. Same with the ending of X3 starting from the bridge scene. Same with the ending of FC not counting Magneto vs. Bacon.

I'm not saying the scale in X-films should always be small (although I like confined battles more), but that personal impact should be there. Probably very hard to implement if there are people flying and robots/ships firing and exploding all over the place. Looking good and big means nothing if it's not done right. Only Pacific Rim from latest scifi/action movies has managed to deliver something really huge in scale that worked for me.

:up: This. So much this.

Singer's action was more effective because it looked and felt real. The Avengers looked like a video game. It was cool, but there was no sense of jeopardy because nothing was real.

X-Maniac 02-12-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrs13 (Post 27925275)

It was probably a bit too brief, i didn't have much time to invest in it or feel much tension...

XMenDOFPBrazil 02-12-2014 09:24 PM

We need trailer!

TeeKay 02-12-2014 09:25 PM

You can have big and epic scale battles as long as it services the story and the characters. The Avengers did it right (and I know a lot of people here hate that film), it worked. That's something I would like to see in an X-Men film. You have mutants with various abilities, why not show them to their full potential? What is Singer afraid of really? I wanna see Warpath, Magneto, Sunspot and Storm flying, I wanna see Ice slides from Bobby in his full ice form and I wanna see them working as a team. For Godsakes the Avengers did it in less than 40 seconds, showing the team working together from iron Man to Cap, to Hawkeye and then Thor and Hulk fighting along each side. They handled the team dynamic better than Singer did imo. You feel that they're a team as oppossed to having one character do everything. Funny thing is, Kinberg said there will be spaceships exploding and mutants vs X-men battles on a large scale in the 3rd act. Let's see if any of the mutants are done justice this time especially Warpath, Blink, Bishop and Sunspot. I have a feeling they're going to get the shaft in the power/abilities department.

narrows101 02-12-2014 09:33 PM

Video - what the heck is happening here (looks like the opening scene of Les Miserables!). And no costume/hair/chops?

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman
The mega blister I got from this shot hurts like a ..... #OUCH #Xmen #DOFP #Fox http://instagram.com/p/kVk1MrihOm/

http://instagram.com/p/kVk1MrihOm/#

Tehmeh 02-12-2014 09:35 PM

TeeKay is the opposite of myself.

That happens in life.

Rike 02-12-2014 09:37 PM

/\ lol

GuestStar2004 02-12-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrows101 (Post 27925841)
Video - what the heck is happening here (looks like the opening scene of Les Miserables!). And no costume/hair/chops?

They may end up having to add that stuff in make up

TeeKay 02-12-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tehmeh (Post 27925855)
TeeKay is the opposite of myself.

That happens in life.

:funny:

Malik 02-12-2014 09:49 PM

Is he working out?

narrows101 02-12-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levikuntz (Post 27925967)
Is he working out?

He said "shot" so it looks like it may be part of a scene. Maybe it's a rehearsal.

danoyse 02-12-2014 10:04 PM

Maybe they're adding an OT vs. FC tug-of-war scene. :oldrazz:

Rike 02-12-2014 10:23 PM

/\ :hehe:

psylockolussus 02-12-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY (Post 27921235)
A lot of movies cost over 200mil now, not really that surprising.

Yeah I'm not surprised with the budget too.

Raiden 02-12-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeKay (Post 27925791)
You can have big and epic scale battles as long as it services the story and the characters. The Avengers did it right (and I know a lot of people here hate that film), it worked. That's something I would like to see in an X-Men film. You have mutants with various abilities, why not show them to their full potential? What is Singer afraid of really? I wanna see Warpath, Magneto, Sunspot and Storm flying, I wanna see Ice slides from Bobby in his full ice form and I wanna see them working as a team. For Godsakes the Avengers did it in less than 40 seconds, showing the team working together from iron Man to Cap, to Hawkeye and then Thor and Hulk fighting along each side. They handled the team dynamic better than Singer did imo. You feel that they're a team as oppossed to having one character do everything. Funny thing is, Kinberg said there will be spaceships exploding and mutants vs X-men battles on a large scale in the 3rd act. Let's see if any of the mutants are done justice this time especially Warpath, Blink, Bishop and Sunspot. I have a feeling they're going to get the shaft in the power/abilities department.

I agree. I'm not sure why people think Avengers are videogamey, because I think Whedon handled the action scenes in the movie wonderfully, and even Hulk (a CGI creation) looked so real he's believable. Maybe Singer handled the small-scale fight scenes well, but so far he hasn't been able to show us a battlefield scene like the Avengers' NYC battle. I hope DOFP will give us a really epic battle like we've never seen before.

metaphysician 02-12-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levikuntz (Post 27916551)
Four pages of discussing nothing :o

That's nothing. Try visiting the Justice League board; it went more than a year discussing absolutely nothing.

Raiden 02-13-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphysician (Post 27926969)
That's nothing. Try visiting the Justice League board; it went more than a year discussing absolutely nothing.

Looks like they'll have to do it for another 2 years before BvS comes out.

henzINNIT 02-13-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiden (Post 27926641)
I agree. I'm not sure why people think Avengers are videogamey, because I think Whedon handled the action scenes in the movie wonderfully, and even Hulk (a CGI creation) looked so real he's believable. Maybe Singer handled the small-scale fight scenes well, but so far he hasn't been able to show us a battlefield scene like the Avengers' NYC battle. I hope DOFP will give us a really epic battle like we've never seen before.

With the scale of this film, it'd be criminal if it didn't have massive action in it. DOFP should really crush the competition in that regard this year.

JEM 02-13-2014 07:17 AM

Sorry if I sound harsh but I think this debate has no point without new trailer online. We haven't seen the action scenes of the film so it is difficult to say if the film will be epic or not .

Here a rumor on IMD, it is probably fake but there is no trailer, so we can talk about it :funny:.
We need the trailer :csad:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I heard this from a friend of mine who is in the film, so please take this as second hand information. When you repeat it, it becomes third-hand, right?

FTR, I'm not going to repeat things that are already known, have been commented on by actors, directors and others. That would be redundant. This friend knows I post in specific places, and will likely get pissy with me if this rumor actually evolves into anything reliable. Nonetheless, here's what they told me. I was told that the film has been written, rewritten, and rewritten, editing, chopped, been rewritten and rewritten. Make sense? Apparently, most of the rewrites are dialogue driven, so they really have no impact on the greater story. However, apparently, one of the main elements to the story, has been changed as recently as in the last six weeks, which required them to reshoot some additional scenes in Canada. Frankly, this bothers me, because it tells me they couldn't stay committed to a concept. The actor that told me this said that only the actors that are reshooting, know what's being changed. They also signed contracts that prohibit certain aspects of the story to be kept hush hush and that some actors were given different screenplays, just to ferret out the big mouths in the acting pool. Since I have known this actor since they were young, I was able to glean a couple nuggets from the film. However, I was reminded that the reshoots could change this information. And no, this isn't me trying to weasel out of the information in case it proves to be false. Lastly, I wouldn't put it past this person to give me something fake, although my friend has never done this to me before. Then again, this is the first time I've posted their scoop, so who knows.

Anyway, as the story as it's laid out with respect to this thespian, the following takes places:

1. Modern Future. There are three distinct streams/series of events that take place. The modern timeline which starts with the post Wolverine credits scenes, until Wolverine is able to trigger a change in the time continuum. Very little in the modern time continuum is said about "X-Men". They are mostly spoken about as fellow 'mutants.' In this timeline, almost all of the remaining mutants are will be killed off, quite ceremoniously in a blaze of glory. Most of the fan favorites are going to experience their demise. Also, the other mutants who die, not onscreen, will be spoken about, especially those that experience particularly brutal deaths. They find a way to honor the comic book elements of this specific happening. I'm guessing the DOFP X-Board with the names & pictures of the dead mutants will make a showing here, but that's just a guess, albeit a pretty good one based on all of the facts/rumors/leaks to date. It will likely be an homage to Uncanny X-Men Comic #141. That comic is so epic, it was redone by Iron Man, Captain America, and even DC & GI JOE. I hope they talk about Angel, Beast, Nightcrawler & Mystique.

2. New Future. This is the new future that was created due to the events of the DOFP. Many surprise cameos will take place, that few saw coming (I have no info on this and apparently, this was behind some of the reshoots). Moreover, it will involve Professor X, Wolverine & Magneto again and it will mostly be Professor X talking about his ability to sense the series of events that occurred in DOFP. This could also be part of the reshoot. In both the Modern & New futures, apparently Singer made it his mission to attempt to settle continuity issues & characters who were unceremoniously killed off. He also told some of the cast that he wanted to find ways to repair aspects of the story-lines that were rejected by fans.

3. New Past. With every second of the filming, with Wolverine going back to his old self, this creates an immediate new past. Apparently, this new past will have it's own trajectory, different than the ones seen int he New/Modern future. Quite frankly, this confuses me greatly. I just don't see how they can avoid a 'Back to the Future' conundrum with the disappearing siblings on the photographs. How can there be 3 timelines? This makes no sense, since the New future would clearly be a continuation of the New Past. Regardless, the way it was explained, the New Past will be different post DOFP, because of Apocalypse. Their adventures will begin with him, somehow being awoken by his future self, in the past, because of DOFP. Confused yet? I am.

4. No, this is not the last time we are going to see anyone from the old cast. However brief, there will be appearances that extend into Apocalypse. How & what, they didn't know, but the door was very much left open.

So, there you go. Maybe this is all wrong, maybe it's right, but we'll see, won't we? No, I won't be taking questions nor answering who my friend is, not that anyone would be asking. Please excuse any grammar errors or misspellings not picked up by my computer. It was a long write-up, and I didn't bother to edit or correct anything, so for that I apologize. Thanks :)

Avalanche 02-13-2014 07:38 AM

They don't really say anything that we can't work out for ourselves to be fair. We were always going to end up with an alternate future and an alternate past. That's just the nature of time travel.

GuestStar2004 02-13-2014 09:10 AM

someone on IMDB posted this, i'm gonna stick it in spoiler tags because people will complain otherwise but Take with a grain of salt, and i mean it don't go posting this around like its news because it very well could be false and even the poster says it might be

I heard this from a friend of mine who is in the film, so please take this as second hand information. When you repeat it, it becomes third-hand, right?

FTR, I'm not going to repeat things that are already known, have been commented on by actors, directors and others. That would be redundant. This friend knows I post in specific places, and will likely get pissy with me if this rumor actually evolves into anything reliable. Nonetheless, here's what they told me. I was told that the film has been written, rewritten, and rewritten, editing, chopped, been rewritten and rewritten. Make sense? Apparently, most of the rewrites are dialogue driven, so they really have no impact on the greater story. However, apparently, one of the main elements to the story, has been changed as recently as in the last six weeks, which required them to reshoot some additional scenes in Canada. Frankly, this bothers me, because it tells me they couldn't stay committed to a concept. The actor that told me this said that only the actors that are reshooting, know what's being changed. They also signed contracts that prohibit certain aspects of the story to be kept hush hush and that some actors were given different screenplays, just to ferret out the big mouths in the acting pool. Since I have known this actor since they were young, I was able to glean a couple nuggets from the film. However, I was reminded that the reshoots could change this information. And no, this isn't me trying to weasel out of the information in case it proves to be false. Lastly, I wouldn't put it past this person to give me something fake, although my friend has never done this to me before. Then again, this is the first time I've posted their scoop, so who knows.

Anyway, as the story as it's laid out with respect to this thespian, the following takes places:

1. Modern Future. There are three distinct streams/series of events that take place. The modern timeline which starts with the post Wolverine credits scenes, until Wolverine is able to trigger a change in the time continuum. Very little in the modern time continuum is said about "X-Men". They are mostly spoken about as fellow 'mutants.' In this timeline, almost all of the remaining mutants are will be killed off, quite ceremoniously in a blaze of glory. Most of the fan favorites are going to experience their demise. Also, the other mutants who die, not onscreen, will be spoken about, especially those that experience particularly brutal deaths. They find a way to honor the comic book elements of this specific happening. I'm guessing the DOFP X-Board with the names & pictures of the dead mutants will make a showing here, but that's just a guess, albeit a pretty good one based on all of the facts/rumors/leaks to date. It will likely be an homage to Uncanny X-Men Comic #141. That comic is so epic, it was redone by Iron Man, Captain America, and even DC & GI JOE. I hope they talk about Angel, Beast, Nightcrawler & Mystique.

2. New Future. This is the new future that was created due to the events of the DOFP. Many surprise cameos will take place, that few saw coming (I have no info on this and apparently, this was behind some of the reshoots). Moreover, it will involve Professor X, Wolverine & Magneto again and it will mostly be Professor X talking about his ability to sense the series of events that occurred in DOFP. This could also be part of the reshoot. In both the Modern & New futures, apparently Singer made it his mission to attempt to settle continuity issues & characters who were unceremoniously killed off. He also told some of the cast that he wanted to find ways to repair aspects of the story-lines that were rejected by fans.

3. New Past. With every second of the filming, with Wolverine going back to his old self, this creates an immediate new past. Apparently, this new past will have it's own trajectory, different than the ones seen int he New/Modern future. Quite frankly, this confuses me greatly. I just don't see how they can avoid a 'Back to the Future' conundrum with the disappearing siblings on the photographs. How can there be 3 timelines? This makes no sense, since the New future would clearly be a continuation of the New Past. Regardless, the way it was explained, the New Past will be different post DOFP, because of Apocalypse. Their adventures will begin with him, somehow being awoken by his future self, in the past, because of DOFP. Confused yet? I am.

4. No, this is not the last time we are going to see anyone from the old cast. However brief, there will be appearances that extend into Apocalypse. How & what, they didn't know, but the door was very much left open.

So, there you go. Maybe this is all wrong, maybe it's right, but we'll see, won't we? No, I won't be taking questions nor answering who my friend is, not that anyone would be asking. Please excuse any grammar errors or misspellings not picked up by my computer. It was a long write-up, and I didn't bother to edit or correct anything, so for that I apologize. Thanks :)

TeeKay 02-13-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27928749)
someone on IMDB posted this, i'm gonna stick it in spoiler tags because people will complain otherwise but Take with a grain of salt, and i mean it don't go posting this around like its news because it very well could be false and even the poster says it might be

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...arry-David.gif

Angamb 02-13-2014 10:51 AM

thanks for the spoiler tag!!!

really appreciated