The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=479549)

Thread Manager 05-19-2014 09:35 AM

Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 16

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 05-19-2014 09:35 AM

Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 16

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Reel-Man 05-19-2014 12:14 PM

Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

So I came here expecting some new posts of Ben, maybe on set and all I see is two pages of "bickering" about Nolan's trilogy. Did I misread the thread title?

The Man of HEEL 05-19-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel-Man (Post 28822143)
So I came here expecting some new posts of Ben, maybe on set and all I see is two pages of "bickering" about Nolan's trilogy. Did I misread the thread title?

unfortunately no

Reel-Man 05-19-2014 12:28 PM

We need set photos ASAP so this nonsense stops. Who are we kidding, this will continue once some official photos are released, comparing past films and new ones. Someone had made a post regarding how fanboys always act the same way every time a series is rebooted. That behaviour is clearly present on this forum section.

bluerayer 05-19-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel-Man (Post 28822143)

Yeah, this is what happens when theres not that much news. The Snyder discussion could go in the Snyder thread. etc.

ArmsHeldOut 05-19-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the last son (Post 28825445)
Looking at the pic just makes me sad they didn't get an actor who knows how to portray, pain and anger. two things i believe are affleck's biggest flaws

Affleck can exhibit these emotions just fine. The way he does so may not be to your satisfaction/liking, but that doesn't mean he's lacking in capacity.

Superherofan123 05-19-2014 06:04 PM

Watch State of Play, The Town, Hollywoodland, The Company Men...Affleck shows great range in these roles!

ArmsHeldOut 05-20-2014 03:10 AM

Here's a treat for you guys. While perusing the interwebs I came across this great drawing of Batfleck; it's obviously based on the image Snyder released just last week. The artist appears to be a guy on Twitter who goes by the name of Regiment53. Enjoy!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnpD5q-IcAApc1P.jpg

zryson 05-20-2014 05:59 AM

When it comes to acting, I think Affleck is much better behind the camera than in front of one.

Brian Braddock 05-20-2014 06:22 AM

That would be directing then.

regwec 05-20-2014 06:25 AM

Unless he's playing a photographer.

Jake Cassidy 05-20-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zryson (Post 28830665)
When it comes to acting, I think Affleck is much better behind the camera than in front of one.

So, if he was playing a director, he'd nail it?

zryson 05-20-2014 06:41 AM

Would he nail it? That's hard to say because every project is different. Sometimes a talented director goes into a production with the best intentions and despite their talent the project bombs. Other times, they skim through - just. Like most questions I find there is no one answer. Just a variety of answers.

lukebrodyg 05-20-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy (Post 28830829)
So, if he was playing a director, he'd nail it?

Not necessarily.

Affleck will be good in this role but I think his influence behind the scenes and bringing on Chris for writing will iron out some of the wrinkles in MOS screenplay ad script.

Snyder's the man for the job IMO.

Winter Soldier 05-20-2014 09:23 AM

I'll say one great thing about Affleck. He has the potential to be WB's breakout star and poster boy for their universe.

Fox has Hugh Jackman.

Sony has Andrew Garfield.

Marvel Studios has RDJ.

I'm placing bets that Affleck will be WB's guy. He already sort of is. And Batman is WB's biggest seller.

lukebrodyg 05-20-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winter Soldier (Post 28831693)
I'll say one great thing about Affleck. He has the potential to be WB's breakout star and poster boy for their universe.

Fox has Hugh Jackman.

Sony has Andrew Garfield.

Marvel Studios has RDJ.

I'm placing bets that Affleck will be WB's guy. He already sort of is. And Batman is WB's biggest seller.

Not sure I'd be too happy with that if I were AG. :csad:

shauner111 05-20-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsKent26 (Post 28830109)
I don't hate that approach and I do think it worked for those movies, but I would like to see a batman on the edge. Each criminal he encounters gives him flashbacks of the one who killed his folks and he just has to take that anger out on them.

I think this happened already in TDKT. It's why Batman has that voice and raging approach when he encounters criminals. Whether people liked that anger or voice is a different discussion, but it's why it was there.

Rowsdower! 05-20-2014 11:19 AM

I hope Ben doesn't try to do a voice like that. I liked Bale's Batman voice, but when I read the comics, I never interpret Batman talking like that. I guess I always just "hear" him speaking in some slightly altered way, but not a Clint Eastwood-style growl like that.

zryson 05-20-2014 11:47 AM

Does Affleck have the potential to be WB's breakout star and poster boy for their universe? Yeah, I guess. But potential isnt enough. And more importantly is Affleck interested?

shauner111 05-20-2014 11:59 AM

I wonder that too. A part of me feels like Ben won't want to keep doing this past 3 movies. And in those 3 movies, he won't necessarily be the "lead". After all he's in his early 40s, yet the guy has grey hair coming in and doesn't exactly move around like he's full of youth lol. Getting big for THIS version of Batman is very important and takes a lot of effort. This is sort-of like the training Evans, Hemsworth and Cavill do for their roles but they're much younger. Im not sure if Affleck wants to do that over and over again.

zryson 05-20-2014 12:03 PM

The problem is that many superhero movies dont really offer much growth. The storylines are very limited and often overshadowed by CGI so its not really challenging for an actor in most cases.

shauner111 05-20-2014 12:06 PM

I agree.

Wheels 05-20-2014 04:03 PM

Starting this Batman out in a film with Superman and Wonder Woman could be a good thing. Batman's more supernatural villains look tame by comparison and that will open up possibilities should we get solo films with this Batman.

KRYPTON INC. 05-20-2014 11:47 PM

Why the hell is there a debate about Garfield, or Evan's and Scarjo relationship in TWS in the Ben Affleck is Batman thread?

TheNextNolan22 05-21-2014 12:00 AM

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content...ck-Costume.jpg

John-An 05-21-2014 12:03 AM

Oh my heart blows when I saw that pic. EPIC!!!

regwec 05-21-2014 02:53 AM

There is a thread for fan casting The Joker.

C. Lee 05-21-2014 08:46 AM

It would really be nice to see someone....anyone....talking about BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAM IN THE BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN THREAD!!!!!

BatFan1979 05-21-2014 08:52 AM

Big...brute...Batman!!! Batfleck will bring it!

Man.of.Tomorrow 05-21-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 (Post 28839023)

That pic still does things to me....

Man.of.Tomorrow 05-21-2014 02:40 PM

double post whoops

BoredGuy 05-21-2014 02:41 PM

Why so sad, Batfleck?

DorneyDave 05-21-2014 02:47 PM

So, what do we think Affleck's choice on Batvoice will be?

He obviously won't be going for the tiger-like growl of Bale. I'm guessing something very deliberate and deep. Not too different from his normal voice, just deeper and slower.

If he's been Batman a long time, he will be very sure of his words and won't be overly intense. Think Michael Keaton's Bat-voice.

The Man of HEEL 05-21-2014 02:57 PM

maybe thats why he is smoking? To deepen his voice?

Astro13Zombie 05-21-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorneyDave (Post 28845541)
So, what do we think Affleck's choice on Batvoice will be?

He obviously won't be going for the tiger-like growl of Bale. I'm guessing something very deliberate and deep. Not too different from his normal voice, just deeper and slower.

If he's been Batman a long time, he will be very sure of his words and won't be overly intense. Think Michael Keaton's Bat-voice.

Have you seen the trailer for gone girl?
There's an audio clip at the very end where he says "I did not kill my wife. I am not a murderer"
I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he went with something like that.
Sounds damn near perfect to me.

anonomissx 05-21-2014 03:51 PM

I want more pics in the suit, or more manips of him from other photos. I know he has had some bombs, but so have other actors...but I am fine with him as Batman.

PS I didn't like Bale in the movies...they were OK otherwise. I am looking forward to a more "superhero-y" version with Superman and the rest of the JL.

LamboMan 05-21-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie (Post 28845729)
Have you seen the trailer for gone girl?
There's an audio clip at the very end where he says "I did not kill my wife. I am not a murderer"
I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he went with something like that.
Sounds damn near perfect to me.

Just saw the trailer and his voice sounded pretty normal to me. Not at all like Batman.

I think he should put on a little more gruff voice like he does in these scenes in DD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5WtyilrBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xicwgXHSVV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyy17j6Sktk

Now isn't that cool? Not too Bale-raspy not too normal, but just right.
Fun fact: Ever since I saw DD, I always knew Ben would make a great Batman. His performance was one of the good things in that movie.

C. Lee 05-21-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. Lee (Post 28841081)
It would really be nice to see someone....anyone....talking about BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAM IN THE BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN THREAD!!!!!

Yes it would. I wonder why these people spend all their time in the Ben Affleck is Batman thread so that they can talk about everything BUT Ben Affleck playing Batman....

Naked Shia 05-22-2014 01:48 AM

The MOS suit looks like it uses the same material as the ASM suit, but in the making off, when Cavill is walking, it seems like it makes him really stiff, and it doesn't look like it's easy to move his arms. The ASM suit doesn't seem to have that problem.

Since it seems Batman suit will use the same material, I hope he will be able to move really freely, which was near impossible in most previous batsuit. Considering Snyder's team managed to make the nite owl costume easy to move in, I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm wondering if Ben will try to do as much as he can of his own fight scenes, like he did in DD.

Bathead 05-22-2014 09:34 AM

I don' know, I didn't get the impression at all thta the MOS suit was restrictive in any way. Cavill seemed to move fairly well in it as far as I could tell.

Naked Shia 05-22-2014 09:38 AM

in the movie, I agree, but in the making off, it looked stiffer imo.

shauner111 05-22-2014 10:17 AM

Who cares about the making of, it's about what we see in the movie.

KillerMcQueen 05-22-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shauner111 (Post 28855019)

Yep, all about what we see in the movie. Well, until the Blu-Ray comes out, when that happens I want to see some thorough making of material (also hope they don't do that weird thing where they intercut special features with the movie, when I put in the special features disc I want special features, not the actual movie, the only special feature I want to see attached to the movie itself is commentary, really wish we could've gotten some Snyder/Cavill commentary on the film.)

But back on topic I fully expect the suit to move fine on screen, Superman's suit moved great on screen and that's all that matters.

Bathead 05-22-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shauner111 (Post 28855019)

Bezackly. What's seen in the movie is all that's important.

DarkKnight 05-22-2014 12:36 PM

My hopes for this movie keeps getting better and better as more stuff is released. I just don't get the negative banter on here sometimes especially about casting choices. Sure some of these people were not my personal "fan cast" but I honestly think Affleck will be great and I'm
really looking forward to seeing Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.
Every time I think of the negative casting choices I think of the same feedback with Michael Keaton, Heath Ledger, and a few others.

Cassandra Cain 05-22-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 (Post 28839023)

So, if this is a still from the movie (im guessing it is...maybe...) does it look like Bats and the batmobile are in the Batcave, or some kind of warehouse? If it's a warehouse, is it a warehouse in Metropolis? Obviously NO ONE knows these answers, but it's so much fun to speculate. :D

DorneyDave 05-22-2014 02:20 PM

My first guess would just be it's a promo shoot and the building it was shot in isn't even in the movie.

Second guess would be a warehouse somewhere in Metropolis. I don't think the Batcave would have tiles.

Two-Face 05-22-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain (Post 28857341)
So, if this is a still from the movie (im guessing it is...maybe...) does it look like Bats and the batmobile are in the Batcave, or some kind of warehouse? If it's a warehouse, is it a warehouse in Metropolis? Obviously NO ONE knows these answers, but it's so much fun to speculate. :D

I'm guessing It's a promo shoot. Nothing else.

Milkman95 05-22-2014 03:01 PM

Just a promo shot, not a still - I believe it was shot in the old Railroad Station in Detroit.