The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Avengers Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=380493)

BigThor 04-15-2012 01:42 AM

Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by newwaveboy87 (Post 22953071)
It's cool. Different strokes for different folks. :up:

Sure is, I think we can both agree on wanting to see Ultron as the villain in Avengers 2 though. :cool:

MarvelKnight 04-15-2012 03:50 AM

Newwaveboy...What don't you like about Apocalypse if you don't mind me asking..?

For me, personally, I would rather see him in an X-men film before I ever see She-Hulk in ANY kind of MCU film.. But. That is just me.

BigThor 04-15-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarvelKnight (Post 22954031)
Newwaveboy...What don't you like about Apocalypse if you don't mind me asking..?

For me, personally, I would rather see him in an X-men film before I ever see She-Hulk in ANY kind of MCU film.. But. That is just me.

Same here :up:

Artistsean 04-15-2012 04:23 AM

Not me, I like Apocalypse but I would rather see She-Hulk in an Avengers movie. Not sure why it has to be Apocalypse of She-Hulk though, how'd that happen? To me Apocalypse, with his alien robot body, and his unlimited power is a little too much for me. Like I said though, I like him, he just isn't my favorite. Maybe if his robot body looked more like armor, and it was easy to see that he had a flesh and blood body. Maybe its that he just seems to invulnerable or something.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 22938533)
I don't want to see She Hulk in an Avengers film, I'm much rather have Ms. Marvel as the female powerhouse of the team.

I don't think it needs to be either or, just which would be shown first. I think Ms. Marvel could be introduced in a sequel and then eventually bring in She-Hulk as well... probably after Hulk leaves. She could join the team even after Ms. Marvel has left, like Carol shows up in Avengers 3, and She-Hulk could show up in Avengers 4 or even Avengers 6.
There are so many great Avengers characters that they could run through a great number of them and still have some left over after Avengers 8.

Like I said before though, the reason I would love to see Hank Pym and Wasp is because he is a odd hero. At first he seems like a generic good guy, but then its shown that he isn't so stable, and then as we get to know him more he is very resentful of his teammates and maybe even has some serious mental illness. Plus he leads the to great Ultron story, scientist creates robot, robot attacks and creates another robot, the new robot turns on his robot creator to join the human scientist.
That movie could focus on Pym, with the Avengers playing important roles... but I think Pym should deliver the final blow that destroys Ultron.

I'd also love to see Wonder Man at some point and could be the team's Hulk like power house, Valkyrie would be great because she is a strong female character with ties to Thor, Vison as I have mentioned before, Hercules at some point would be fun I think (another mythical demi god though...), Luke Cage and Iron Fist would be fun too...

MarvelKnight 04-15-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 22954059)
Same here :up:

X-men have a lot of great villians but to me Apocalypse is the penultimate, almost even moreso than Magneto.

But (though I love the comics) that may be the part of me that loves the 90s cartoon of x-men. I am all for being enlightened :)

BigThor 04-15-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarvelKnight (Post 22954117)
X-men have a lot of great villians but to me Apocalypse is the penultimate, almost even moreso than Magneto.

But (though I love the comics) that may be the part of me that loves the 90s cartoon of x-men. I am all for being enlightened :)

Seeing Apocalypse in an X-Men film will be like seeing Thanos is an Avengers film....MIND BLOWING! :wow:

newwaveboy87 04-15-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 22953717)
Sure is, I think we can both agree on wanting to see Ultron as the villain in Avengers 2 though. :cool:

Or at the very least alluded to.
I could cream myself if Ultron was the baddie for Avengers 2. And if they added in Hank, Janet, and either Scarlet Witch or Ms. Marvel. Preferably Scarlet Witch so we could get her awkward relationship with Vision in there somehow... :up:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarvelKnight (Post 22954031)

I find him to be both annoying and highly incompetent. And EVERY video game and cartoon uses him constantly.

His grand pronouncements and ineffectual actions make him a laughable blowhard. I find nothing dangerous or interesting about him. Maybe if a movie used him like X-Men Evolution did, which was the only time he was intimidating and interesting to me, would it strike my fancy.

"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you!"
*****, you're how many hundreds, if not thousands, of years old and if you're so powerful you could have taken over the world at any point in time, but you're lazy and fat and constantly beaten by a group you consider vermin and insects.

:yawn:

newwaveboy87 04-15-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 22954359)
Seeing Apocalypse in an X-Men film will be like seeing Thanos is an Avengers film....MIND BLOWING! :wow:

Thanos would be sweet, especially if they brought in Death :up:

BigThor 04-15-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newwaveboy87 (Post 22959689)
Thanos would be sweet, especially if they brought in Death :up:

Agreed :up:

newwaveboy87 04-15-2012 07:31 PM

I mean, they would totally have to do Death like the Silver Surfer cartoon... But I could live with that.

Hawkingbird 04-17-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 22954359)

You would HAVE to have the right characters though.

BigThor 04-17-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl (Post 22973125)
You would HAVE to have the right characters though.

Right characters?

thalidomide 04-17-2012 07:59 AM

Vision

BigThor 04-17-2012 08:13 AM

^ Yes :up:

thalidomide 04-17-2012 12:47 PM

Since Vision doesn't really have a facial expression maybe Keannu Reeves can portray him :P

Darth Wheatly 04-19-2012 07:48 PM

Defiantly Wasp and Ant/giant man

newwaveboy87 04-20-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalidomide (Post 22975381)
Since Vision doesn't really have a facial expression maybe Keannu Reeves can portray him :P

Hilarious :up:

BigThor 04-20-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Wheatly (Post 22996197)
Defiantly Wasp and Ant/giant man

Yep :up:

Giant Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Vision are really the heroes I want to see join the team.

Hawkingbird 04-20-2012 01:52 AM

I think Apocalypse is brilliant with the right writer, but with a bad one he's just repetitive and cliche.
I really, really, REALLY do not want to see She Hulk :o Ms. Marvel is much more likeable and powerful.

BigThor 04-20-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl (Post 22998347)
I think Apocalypse is brilliant with the right writer, but with a bad one he's just repetitive and cliche.
I really, really, REALLY do not want to see She Hulk :o Ms. Marvel is much more likeable and powerful.

She is alot more likeable and bit more unique, but they're both pretty powerful.

Hawkingbird 04-20-2012 02:15 AM

Fair enough. There's just something about She Hulk that bores me. It might just be that she doesn't have very good writers...

The Morningstar 04-20-2012 03:22 AM

How is Ms Marvel more likable than Shulkie? Ms Marvel is a stiff and borderline Maria Hill esque ***** who only became popular when Bendis started writing her, for some reason. Shulkie is much more charismatic and friendly.

She Hulk had Dan Slott writing her. That series is better than anything Ms Marvel has ever been involved with. It's up there with Joe Kelly's Deadpool as one of the funniest comics Marvel has ever made.

BigThor 04-20-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Morningstar (Post 22998535)
How is Ms Marvel more likable than Shulkie? Ms Marvel is a stiff and borderline Maria Hill esque ***** who only became popular when Bendis started writing her, for some reason. Shulkie is much more charismatic and friendly.

She Hulk had Dan Slott writing her. That series is better than anything Ms Marvel has ever been involved with. It's up there with Joe Kelly's Deadpool as one of the funniest comics Marvel has ever made.

Well more "likeable" wasn't the best word to use, but honestly I think she would bring more to the team than She Hulk.

The Morningstar 04-20-2012 04:08 AM

Well, i can agree with that.

BigThor 04-20-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Morningstar (Post 22998637)
Well, i can agree with that.

Yep, just like I can agree that She Hulk does have a more likeable personality. :up: