The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Superman Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=315)
-   -   After MOS The Dark Knight Falls (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=307597)

Superfreak 07-18-2008 09:58 PM

After MOS The Dark Knight Falls
 
seriously. I hope they do. After watching TDK today... I really want to see them go with The Dark Knight Falls. 1) WB gets their Superman vs. Batman, and it would make sense, 2)it's a nice intermediate step towards a JL, without making a ridiculous jump. 3) Frank Miller now has some hollywood weight to throw around. 4) the story is brilliant, and it fits with TDK to a degree (just needs a little tweaking here and there to make the plot points fit with the 2 existing live action universes)

and even though I hate to say it, with prep time, batman will always beats superman... but it would be awesome to see live action

I'd much rather see that, then some world finest stuff.

GreenKToo 07-19-2008 07:09 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
If TDK's B.O. doesnt lite a fire under W.B.'s ass to get other projects moving, nothing will.
and oh, TdK got the opening day record. 66 mill.

Superfreak 07-19-2008 07:19 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenKToo (Post 15318139)
If TDK's B.O. doesnt lite a fire under W.B.'s ass to get other projects moving, nothing will.
and oh, TdK got the opening day record. 66 mill.

Lets hope so, because the Dark Knight Falls narrative has pretty much everything in it.

SatEL 07-19-2008 05:45 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15316182)
seriously. I hope they do. After watching TDK today... I really want to see them go with The Dark Knight Falls. 1) WB gets their Superman vs. Batman, and it would make sense, 2)it's a nice intermediate step towards a JL, without making a ridiculous jump. 3) Frank Miller now has some hollywood weight to throw around. 4) the story is brilliant, and it fits with TDK to a degree (just needs a little tweaking here and there to make the plot points fit with the 2 existing live action universes)

and even though I hate to say it, with prep time, batman will always beats superman... but it would be awesome to see live action

I'd much rather see that, then some world finest stuff.

Great idea and Jason and Robin can team up and form the Teen Titans.

Superfreak 07-19-2008 06:49 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SatEL (Post 15320808)
Great idea and Jason and Robin can team up and form the Teen Titans.

SatEL man, sometimes you just gotta chill, and deal with the crap that you've got. Such is life. Sooner or later, there will be yet another superman franchise, with a reboot. It will just not be this time around. I'm assuming we're all under 30 here... so we've got atleast 2 reboots left in our lifetime. So just go with the flow for now. And really, I don't think any superman fan likes the idea of Jason. But it is still a mystery as to how this annoyance will be dealt with. Being negative all the time must take it's toll.

anyhow... like I said, a little tweaking to fit the existing live action universes. Robin doesn't even exist in this world yet... so no need to worry 'bout that. And as Superman only really figures in the story as a pawn of the government... there really isn't any need to see Superman's homelife... he is after all, the dimwitted villain of the story(which you should actually like SatEL).

hippie_hunter 07-19-2008 06:52 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15316182)
seriously. I hope they do. After watching TDK today... I really want to see them go with The Dark Knight Falls. 1) WB gets their Superman vs. Batman, and it would make sense, 2)it's a nice intermediate step towards a JL, without making a ridiculous jump. 3) Frank Miller now has some hollywood weight to throw around. 4) the story is brilliant, and it fits with TDK to a degree (just needs a little tweaking here and there to make the plot points fit with the 2 existing live action universes)

and even though I hate to say it, with prep time, batman will always beats superman... but it would be awesome to see live action

I'd much rather see that, then some world finest stuff.

1. Superman and Batman should never meet until Nolan and Singer are done with what they're doing.

2. World's Finest would be cool to see before a Justice League movie, but I can live without it.

3. Frank Miller should never, ever touch anything involving Superman. The man treats him with so much disrespect.

4. I think that almost no tweaking is needed. The way Nolan and Singer approached their respective characters, they can fit together. Realism can only go so far when making a comic book movie after all.

5. Even with prep-time, Batman will never beat Superman. Read Hush.

hippie_hunter 07-19-2008 06:53 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15321261)
And as Superman only really figures in the story as a pawn of the government... there really isn't any need to see Superman's homelife... he is after all, the dimwitted villain of the story(which you should actually like SatEL).

Hatred for Frank Miller...rising :cmad:...rising...fading...RISING :cmad:

GreenKToo 07-19-2008 07:23 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15321261)
SatEL man, sometimes you just gotta chill, and deal with the crap that you've got. Such is life. Sooner or later, there will be yet another superman franchise, with a reboot. It will just not be this time around. I'm assuming we're all under 30 here... so we've got atleast 2 reboots left in our lifetime. So just go with the flow for now. And really, I don't think any superman fan likes the idea of Jason. But it is still a mystery as to how this annoyance will be dealt with. Being negative all the time must take it's toll.

anyhow... like I said, a little tweaking to fit the existing live action universes. Robin doesn't even exist in this world yet... so no need to worry 'bout that. And as Superman only really figures in the story as a pawn of the government... there really isn't any need to see Superman's homelife... he is after all, the dimwitted villain of the story(which you should actually like SatEL).

Heh. What about the over 30 crowd?;)

As for a reboot, i'm not going to rule out anything at this point.
That said, I do think we'll be hearing some news on other DC properties, and soon.

Jake Cassidy 07-19-2008 07:36 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hippie_hunter (Post 15321273)
1. Superman and Batman should never meet until Nolan and Singer are done with what they're doing.

2. World's Finest would be cool to see before a Justice League movie, but I can live without it.

3. Frank Miller should never, ever touch anything involving Superman. The man treats him with so much disrespect.

4. I think that almost no tweaking is needed. The way Nolan and Singer approached their respective characters, they can fit together. Realism can only go so far when making a comic book movie after all.

5. Even with prep-time, Batman will never beat Superman. Read Hush.

I agree with all of those, especially no. 5. :)
All Superman has to do is wait. Eventually Batman will get old and die. Than Superman can lean over his coffin and say "I win, *****".

Reebee52 07-20-2008 01:12 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hippie_hunter (Post 15321289)
Hatred for Frank Miller...rising :cmad:...rising...fading...RISING :cmad:


Yeah... I respect the guy for saving Batman, and making comics serious again, but God the guy s**ts all over Superman. I love both characters, and think it's disgusting how he treats him. As someone else said, "complete disrespect." He should in no way be involved.
And when it comes to the two fighting, Batman would certainly not always win. It all depends on how much Kryptonite he has, or what sort of ironman-esque type suit he's built, but I would think Superman would pretty much kill him with his spit (he did this to Luthor in a dream once... Just spit right through his power suit, right through his forehead. It was epic).

charl_huntress 07-20-2008 03:28 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Who cares....

I'm so blown away by the disaster that will forever mark Superman. Batman Begins was good. It wasn't that good, but it was good. I wish I had seen it in theaters. I was actually interested to see where they would go...and they went there!

I hope they reboot Superman...that's all I can say.

Superfreak 07-20-2008 08:56 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenKToo (Post 15321504)
Heh. What about the over 30 crowd?;)

As for a reboot, i'm not going to rule out anything at this point.
That said, I do think we'll be hearing some news on other DC properties, and soon.

you guys already got your movie(s), back in 1980s

Superfreak 07-20-2008 09:04 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hippie_hunter (Post 15321273)

3. Frank Miller should never, ever touch anything involving Superman. The man treats him with so much disrespect.

4. I think that almost no tweaking is needed. The way Nolan and Singer approached their respective characters, they can fit together. Realism can only go so far when making a comic book movie after all.

3) based purely on the material in DKF, I disagree. The use of superman in the story fits the character perfectly. Superman is dangerous because he wants to be so good, that he crosses the line in helping people (too much power in one man's hands) vs. Batman, the ultimate falsly accused fugitive. Based only on that comic, Millar used superman perfectly... most especially in the climax.

4)I meant tweaking of the DKF story, not of the two universes. IMO, both universes are pretty much flush. The environments are pretty similar and have no problematic barriers to integration

Ita-KalEl 07-20-2008 10:04 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by charl_huntress (Post 15323843)
Who cares....

I'm so blown away by the disaster that will forever mark Superman. Batman Begins was good. It wasn't that good, but it was good. I wish I had seen it in theaters. I was actually interested to see where they would go...and they went there!

I hope they reboot Superman...that's all I can say.

LOL calm down dude, the truth is that the supporters of the crappy JLA movie (made by teens and a old australian models) were the same that hated SR. In the WB and in this forum.

As Showtime told use, at WB the execs pro JLA (Dan lin included) were against Bryan Singer and its sequel. They thought that a JLA with new actors would have been the perfect change to reboot Superman and start the other franchises.
There was the problem of Batman, but they were ready to sacrifice him for a franchise able to do $400m in the US. Infact, despite what you can say Batman Begins barely crossed the $200m mark with a budget of $150, marketing excluded.
Infact it's not a novelty that in the fans of Batman Begins, hated the idea of the JLA movie with the recast of Batman.
On the other side, in the forums, the same paople that supported the JLA project were the same that hated SR (Welling fans included). It's a fact.

The TDK success is a clear victory for the faction of the "sequels"

With that said I don't exclude that the problems of the rights of the character could be the real obstacle for MOS and that they will decide to wait for the 2013 for Superman and, in the meantime, to greenlit the flash and wonder woman movies.

Freddy_Krueger 07-20-2008 11:02 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hippie_hunter (Post 15321289)
Hatred for Frank Miller...rising :cmad:...rising...fading...RISING :cmad:

Haha someone is a Simpsons fan.

"Urge to kill fading...fading....RISING...fading." :)

hippie_hunter 07-20-2008 03:25 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebee52 (Post 15323521)
Yeah... I respect the guy for saving Batman, and making comics serious again,

Batman comics were serious before Frank Miller came on board for the Dark Knight Returns. You can thank Denny O'Neil for that. Frank Miller is soooo overrated.

Quote:

but God the guy s**ts all over Superman. I love both characters, and think it's disgusting how he treats him. As someone else said, "complete disrespect." He should in no way be involved.
Ummm...that someone else was me :dry:

Quote:

And when it comes to the two fighting, Batman would certainly not always win. It all depends on how much Kryptonite he has, or what sort of ironman-esque type suit he's built, but I would think Superman would pretty much kill him with his spit (he did this to Luthor in a dream once... Just spit right through his power suit, right through his forehead. It was epic).
Batman...should...never...beat...Superman :cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

hippie_hunter 07-20-2008 03:45 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15324597)
3) based purely on the material in DKF, I disagree. The use of superman in the story fits the character perfectly. Superman is dangerous because he wants to be so good, that he crosses the line in helping people (too much power in one man's hands) vs. Batman, the ultimate falsly accused fugitive. Based only on that comic, Millar used superman perfectly... most especially in the climax.

Frank Miller treats Superman like garbage. He has absolutely no knowledge about Superman's character at all. He's not an idiot like he portrays him in All-Star Batman and Robin. He would never be a stooge of the government no matter the circumstance like in the Dark Knight Returns. He would never be a puppet of Lex Luthor like in the Dark Knight Strikes Again. And he would never be Wonder Woman's lover.

He also has no concept on how to use Superman's powers.

Let's compare:

Ordinary human vs. an ordinary Kryptonian. Logic clearly dictates that the man has absolutely no chance against the alien who can move at superspeed, shoot beams of heat out of his eyes, freeze and blow things away with his breath, fly, and can withstand a nuclear explosion. Even when he gets hit with a nuclear weapon and the ordinary man posesses a piece of kryptonite.

Quote:

4)I meant tweaking of the DKF story, not of the two universes. IMO, both universes are pretty much flush. The environments are pretty similar and have no problematic barriers to integration
Well in that case my mistake in misunderstanding you.

hippie_hunter 07-20-2008 03:50 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15324597)
3) based purely on the material in DKF, I disagree. The use of superman in the story fits the character perfectly. Superman is dangerous because he wants to be so good, that he crosses the line in helping people (too much power in one man's hands) vs. Batman, the ultimate falsly accused fugitive. Based only on that comic, Millar used superman perfectly... most especially in the climax.

Frank Miller treats Superman like garbage. He has absolutely no knowledge about Superman's character at all. He's not an idiot like he portrays him in All-Star Batman and Robin. He would never be a stooge of the government no matter the circumstance like in the Dark Knight Returns. He would never be a puppet of Lex Luthor like in the Dark Knight Strikes Again. And he would never be Wonder Woman's lover.

He also has no concept on how to use Superman's powers.

Let's compare:

Ordinary human vs. an ordinary Kryptonian. Logic clearly dictates that the man has absolutely no chance against the alien who can move at superspeed, shoot beams of heat out of his eyes, freeze and blow things away with his breath, fly, and can withstand a nuclear explosion. Even when he gets hit with a nuclear weapon and the ordinary man posesses a piece of kryptonite.

Quote:

4)I meant tweaking of the DKF story, not of the two universes. IMO, both universes are pretty much flush. The environments are pretty similar and have no problematic barriers to integration
Well in that case my mistake in misunderstanding you.

SatEL 07-20-2008 04:05 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15321261)
SatEL man, sometimes you just gotta chill, and deal with the crap that you've got. Such is life. Sooner or later, there will be yet another superman franchise, with a reboot. It will just not be this time around. I'm assuming we're all under 30 here... so we've got atleast 2 reboots left in our lifetime. So just go with the flow for now. And really, I don't think any superman fan likes the idea of Jason. But it is still a mystery as to how this annoyance will be dealt with. Being negative all the time must take it's toll.

In other words Singer and crew ****ed up so I have to tolerate it? It sounds like thats what your saying, and no there is no mystery behind the concept of Jason and I dont care how Singer and co go about dealing with it in a sequel. The kid shouldn't and I repeat shouldn't have been in the first film, it was a stupid way of introducing Superman to a new generation and now they have to go through all this hassle of changing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15321261)
anyhow... like I said, a little tweaking to fit the existing live action universes. Robin doesn't even exist in this world yet... so no need to worry 'bout that. And as Superman only really figures in the story as a pawn of the government... there really isn't any need to see Superman's homelife... he is after all, the dimwitted villain of the story(which you should actually like SatEL).

:yay:Actually I like my Superman smart.

Superfreak 07-20-2008 04:17 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SatEL (Post 15327002)
In other words Singer and crew ****ed up so I have to tolerate it? It sounds like thats what your saying, and no there is no mystery behind the concept of Jason and I dont care how Singer and co go about dealing with it in a sequel. The kid shouldn't and I repeat shouldn't have been in the first film, it was a stupid way of introducing Superman to a new generation and now they have to go through all this hassle of changing it.

No ****, but it is. We've all complained about it at one time or another. But there is nothing we can do about it. Basically what I'm saying is: you are preaching to the choir, and I know how you feel, I think everyone on the forum does. No need to keep reminding us. Get it?

want your reboot? WAIT FOR IT

Superfreak 07-20-2008 04:19 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hippie_hunter (Post 15326939)
Frank Miller treats Superman like garbage. He has absolutely no knowledge about Superman's character at all. He's not an idiot like he portrays him in All-Star Batman and Robin. He would never be a stooge of the government no matter the circumstance like in the Dark Knight Returns. He would never be a puppet of Lex Luthor like in the Dark Knight Strikes Again. And he would never be Wonder Woman's lover.

He also has no concept on how to use Superman's powers.

Let's compare:

Ordinary human vs. an ordinary Kryptonian. Logic clearly dictates that the man has absolutely no chance against the alien who can move at superspeed, shoot beams of heat out of his eyes, freeze and blow things away with his breath, fly, and can withstand a nuclear explosion. Even when he gets hit with a nuclear weapon and the ordinary man posesses a piece of kryptonite.


Well in that case my mistake in misunderstanding you.


you really shouldn't be reading that all star stuff... it was going to be terrible as soon as the announced the title

hippie_hunter 07-20-2008 04:37 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15327107)
you really shouldn't be reading that all star stuff... it was going to be terrible as soon as the announced the title

I don't actually buy that crap.

SatEL 07-20-2008 06:47 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15327097)
No ****, but it is. We've all complained about it at one time or another. But there is nothing we can do about it. Basically what I'm saying is: you are preaching to the choir, and I know how you feel, I think everyone on the forum does. No need to keep reminding us. Get it?

want your reboot? WAIT FOR IT

I love singing that song.....................you know the one called SR sucks, why would I want to or have to wait for a reboot when there is a chance it could occur now. Oh and vice versa want your sequel? WAIT FOR IT.

Lauryn2000 07-21-2008 10:18 AM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak (Post 15324564)
you guys already got your movie(s), back in 1980s

LOLOLOLOL

Superfreak 07-21-2008 12:40 PM

Re: After MOS, I hope they go with Dark Knight Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lauryn2000 (Post 15331875)
LOLOLOLOL

I dunno, I'm 27, and I caught superman III and IV in the theatre, but I was pretty young. But those in the 30s would have been at the right age to get Superman fever, Star Wars fever and Indiana Jones fever... the good ol days when movies were HUGE

anyhow, after some thinking, and a another view of TDK, I change my mind. I'd go skipping MOS all together, and go into a World's Finest.
1) a world's finest will put the two worlds together, meaning that both universes (from the pov of the movie) will be minimized to fit a team up. That means they can just skip over superman's homelife, given that the movie should be focused on the duo, rather than each individual's melodramatic personal lives.
2) god knows that this current superman franchise needs a boost, and could benefit from a team up
3) I'd have a fanboygasm if we got that scene(s) from TAS, 1)Superman peaks at batman using the Xray 2)batman leaves the tracking device on superman. One of my favorites.

the idea appeals to me more and more, as the team up would basically throw Jason away for now. But a team up movie could help revitalize the superman franchise, as well as deal with that cliffhanger of sorts in TDK quickly. Singer needs to be pushed away until an actual superman solo sequel, where Jason would be dealt with, but this would come after.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of Mandatory, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.