The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=373903)

I'm Old Greg 12-17-2011 07:49 PM

ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
not sure if this has been posted?
you can hear Rami directing the actor in the make up.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=waYxuyM4vi0

Spider-ManHero12 12-17-2011 08:03 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Yup, it was posted in the "I Love Raimi" thread. :up:

Troy_Parker 12-17-2011 09:04 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm Old Greg (Post 22122353)
not sure if this has been posted?
you can hear Rami directing the actor in the make up.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=waYxuyM4vi0

Yep, RIM showed us it in the TASM spoiler forum.

It's great, with tweaks, it would have been much better than what we got, imo. But what we got worked within the context of the movie.

BrollySupersj 12-21-2011 11:00 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
That's some pretty damn good make up, I like it.

Anno_Domini 12-21-2011 11:17 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Greatest episode of Mighty Boosh ever.

Spideyisthelaw9 02-15-2012 04:18 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Yes, it's very good and I like it very much, but... I don't know why, but I don't think it would have worked.

webhead731 02-15-2012 06:19 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
I like it, but for some reason I think it would have looked kind of cheesy. Maybe we need to see it 100% all done and in costume.

I liked what we got for the most part. I agree it needed some work but I thought it held up really well in the night time scenes.

Anno_Domini 02-15-2012 10:58 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Agreed that it needs to be worked on if it didn't want to come out as cheesy, which that video does, but, that and what we got were still chessy, imo.

UltimateWebhead 02-16-2012 12:11 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
I understand that the GG mask in SM1 is part of an armored suit but does anyone know why they ditched the make-up mask in the first place? Too expensive or something??

The Morningstar 02-16-2012 12:52 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
See that was the way they should have gone. Can you imagine that with Willem Dafoe's already creepy as **** face?

Maybe dirty it up a bit, make the texture of the skin a bit rougher. But it's vastly superior to the Power Ranger esque mask we got in the finished film.

It still baffles me to this day why they got Dafoe, then covered his entire face up in that mask. The best Goblin moment of the movie was him talking into the mirror.

Dragon 02-16-2012 09:52 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
They didn't go with the expressive mask for the same reason as the mech webshooters- they felt it would be too hard to explain its existance. And yes, the overall design of the Goblin suit they at first wanted to use would've been too expensive.

I understand the latter argument, but not the former. As Iron Man and so many films since have shown, if the audience likes what they see, the improbability of it doesn't matter. Again, we're talking about a story with a guy being able to climb walls after a spider-bite.

This mask would've worked perfectly and added dimensions to the character. There'd be no reson to worry about it looking cheesy- we're only seeing tests with poor lighting and camera angles. The only thing I think they should've worked on was the eyes.

Godzilla2014 02-16-2012 10:58 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 22520183)
They didn't go with the expressive mask for the same reason as the mech webshooters- they felt it would be too hard to explain its existance. And yes, the overall design of the Goblin suit they at first wanted to use would've been too expensive.

I understand the latter argument, but not the former. As Iron Man and so many films since have shown, if the audience likes what they see, the improbability of it doesn't matter. Again, we're talking about a story with a guy being able to climb walls after a spider-bite.

This mask would've worked perfectly and added dimensions to the character. There'd be no reson to worry about it looking cheesy- we're only seeing tests with poor lighting and camera angles. The only thing I think they should've worked on was the eyes.

I'm not saying that they were right, but I do see where they were coming from.

Things like Spider-Man & Green Goblin's superpowers are covered by the Anthropic Principle. They are central conceits without which, there is no story, so the audience is automatically expected to suspend their disbelief. Mechanical webshooters and an expressive mask, on the other hand, have nothing to do with these conceits, and perhaps might not be covered under that principle. On the other hand, this didn't stop Spider-Man and Green Goblin from wearing elaborate costumes without justification.

webhead731 02-16-2012 11:45 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
I personally really do like the Green Goblin design in the movie. Dafoe helps it a lot. It could be better though.

Sometimes it looked a little goofy (but sometimes he did in the comics too). At night though, I think he looked great. I really like it in Aunt May's room, with the fire and orange light reflecting on him.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9258/gg2pu.jpg

Godzilla2014 02-16-2012 11:50 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by webhead731 (Post 22525073)
I personally really do like the Green Goblin design in the movie. Dafoe helps it a lot. It could be better though.

Sometimes it looked a little goofy (but sometimes he did in the comics too). At night though, I think he looked great. I really like it in Aunt May's room, with the fire and orange light reflecting on him.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9258/gg2pu.jpg

It was a lot better than the Alex Ross piece of crap that many praise.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--F0wA0cplR...cepts_full.jpg

webhead731 02-16-2012 11:51 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Yeah that looks great.

For something from the Star Wars prequels. :o

Boom 02-17-2012 12:07 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
I love it, and it depresses me that they abandoned the idea.

But then again, the forehead appears to be controlled remotely, which would have limited Dafoe's performance. The only part of him we'd really see is his mouth. As an actor, I imagine it would be quite frustrating knowing that somebody else is shaping the physicality of your performance.

webhead731 02-17-2012 12:14 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Good point.

Boom 02-17-2012 12:16 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Of course, the mask we got stripped Dafoe of any facial acting :o.

webhead731 02-17-2012 12:19 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Besides his mouth and sometimes his eyes. :D

Boom 02-17-2012 12:23 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
But for the most part, his eyes are covered and his mouth is pretty well silhouetted. Thank God for those close-up, intimate scenes between Green Goblin and Spidey.

webhead731 02-17-2012 12:28 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Intimate? :eek:

Boom 02-17-2012 12:31 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by webhead731 (Post 22525289)
Intimate? :eek:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...ok-240x180.jpg

webhead731 02-17-2012 12:32 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
:lmao:

Anno_Domini 02-17-2012 01:37 AM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by webhead731 (Post 22525073)
I personally really do like the Green Goblin design in the movie. Dafoe helps it a lot. It could be better though.

Dafoe would've made it awesome if he was just wearing a green robe.

UltimateWebhead 02-17-2012 08:16 PM

Re: ADI Goblin Make up test what Green Goblin was gonna look like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anno_Domini (Post 22525545)
Dafoe would've made it awesome if he was just wearing a green robe.

Dafoe is a creepy looking dude. He could have pulled just about anything off between his crazy facial expressions and acting ability.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.