The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Superman Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=315)
-   -   Will there be a Superboy spinoff??? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=239899)

Advanced Dark 06-29-2006 08:31 PM

Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
What do you think do we get to watch the orign thing all over again in a spin-off of sorts or will it play alongside the sequels???

Kane 06-29-2006 08:34 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
If they wanted a Son of Superman franchaise alone, they prolly would have made Brandon Routh play the son of Christopher Reeve and Margo Kidder from the first film.

I dont think theyre gonna play Son of Superman out.

Poetic Chaos 06-29-2006 08:40 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
Only if the WB doesn't like money.

LongshotRules 06-29-2006 08:40 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
I am sure WB is keeping it as an option if/should there's a spinoff. If SR turns out to be part of a 3 picture deal who knows what'll happen next?

NotFadeAway 06-29-2006 08:46 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
There is already a Superboy type deal going on as we speak, without the suit and all......

It's called Smallville!!!

Steelsheen 06-29-2006 08:49 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
depends on audience reactions, they can develop Superkid if the general public accepts Jason warmly, if there is massive resistance WB might insist to scale the kid back.

frankly i wont be surprised to see Superkid in either the 2nd or the 3rd movie. Singer is moving the franchise forward and if WB likes the direction its going to-- and that its making money, then you can expect Jason to be firmly on his way to be Superkid sidekick.

i dont like it myself. :( but that's the reality of life.

Savage 06-29-2006 09:29 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
I think they'll develop him to BE Superboy but not give him a Superboy spinoff. He'll just be...there...He could even be the movie version of Kon-El. No Lex stuff to complicate matters...IIII don't see him being in that full mode till a 3rd movie though.

Aren 06-29-2006 09:34 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
No :)

TriMatrix340 07-01-2006 03:25 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
I think there will be a Superboy spin-off in the future, but not in the coming sequel set for an '09 release. I mean, there could be a Superboy sub-plot if Singer hires an older actor to play Jason, but that would mess everything up.

The Kid 07-15-2006 04:40 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
there better be!!

prluver 07-16-2006 08:41 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
if there is. I will definently try out. But isnt superboy superman in his teen years?

Superman Prime 07-16-2006 08:42 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
I try to be optimistic about spin-offs, but I think "Superboy: The Movie" is stretching it a little. Not likely to ever happen.

Quote:

if there is. I will definently try out. But isnt superboy superman in his teen years?
Yes.

DTX 07-16-2006 09:28 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Dark
What do you think do we get to watch the orign thing all over again in a spin-off of sorts or will it play alongside the sequels???


Weelll.....I don't know about THAT, but I DO know about THIS:


http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/5480/spiderman3teaser0031ax.jpg

Up Up & Oy Vey! 07-16-2006 10:14 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
THAT I have got to see.

Clouseau 07-16-2006 10:34 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
i sincerely hope there is no way "Super-boy" will ever appear in a film, with or without his dad...

i also sincerely fear that my hopes will be crushed in the not-too-distant future...

Superman79 07-18-2006 11:35 AM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelsheen
depends on audience reactions, they can develop Superkid if the general public accepts Jason warmly, if there is massive resistance WB might insist to scale the kid back.

frankly i wont be surprised to see Superkid in either the 2nd or the 3rd movie. Singer is moving the franchise forward and if WB likes the direction its going to-- and that its making money, then you can expect Jason to be firmly on his way to be Superkid sidekick.

i dont like it myself. :( but that's the reality of life.

At that point I will never see another live action Superman movie ever again until it got redone properly :(

GL1 07-20-2006 01:16 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
You guys are firmly out of your minds. There is no way in heck Singer is trying to make Jason into a Superhero... no way in the world. I don't know what kind of twisted logic brings so many people to think that Jason is going to be some kind of sidekick, but the movie contradicts that notion every chance it gets. Jason is constantly scared, constantly sickly, perhaps psychosomatically so, constantly quiet, bashful and introverted... he is not on his way to becoming any kind of car crushing superhero....

It's just rediculous... why would anyone think that Jason could become Superboy... just because he has powers?

Superman79 07-20-2006 01:19 PM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GL1
You guys are firmly out of your minds. There is no way in heck Singer is trying to make Jason into a Superhero... no way in the world. I don't know what kind of twisted logic brings so many people to think that Jason is going to be some kind of sidekick, but the movie contradicts that notion every chance it gets. Jason is constantly scared, constantly sickly, perhaps psychosomatically so, constantly quiet, bashful and introverted... he is not on his way to becoming any kind of car crushing superhero....

It's just rediculous... why would anyone think that Jason could become Superboy... just because he has powers?

Singer may not make him into SUperboy...and he'd better m=not make him Superman...

But who knows what the next jackass to inherit the franchise is gonna do?? Joel Schumacher anyone???

Gabe99 04-19-2013 10:34 AM

Re: Will there be a Superboy spinoff???
 
The Inquisitr:
Warner Bros. Wins Superboy Lawsuit

Deadline:
Superboy Leaps Warner Bros Legal Hurdle - Warner Bros now has full license to make a Superboy movie.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.