The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Man of Steel (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   Superboy (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=267806)

Dark Sentinel 03-12-2007 09:02 AM

Superboy in the SR continuity (*read before bashing please!*)
 
Before the bashing begins, just hear me out. I've liked the character of the modern age Superboy for two reasons: a) He's more conflicted than Superman and b) Superboy's a bit of a smart-mouth when it comes to his "superhero" work.

For a while now I've been thinking about how Superboy (not Jason White!) would work in the SR continuity. Well, if you remember from SR when Superman lifts his hand after unknowingly touching the kryptonite ore in Lex's landmass his fingers are bleeding. Now this would involve a bit more retconning but le's theorize that Lex was able to obtain a bit of Superman's blood (or hair or whatever, some piece of Superman's genetic material) and after being foiled in SR came up with another plan: using Superman's DNA and the money he swindled from Gertrude, he begins Project Cadmus with the help of Dr. Paul Westfield.

Now i'm more than aware that Superboy was created by Project Cadmus after Superman's death, so Superboy's origin would change somewhat to conform to the SR continuity. Instead of being created with the purpose of replacing Superman after his death, Superboy would be created as a weapon to destroy Superman. So the movie would follow Superboy's journey from Superman's intended assassin to Superman's ally, eventually leading to him being christened Kon-El at the end and possibly allowing for a spinoff movie series (if this isn't one already lol)

If anyone's interested I'd be more than happy to post more details, as this is only a very rough sketch of the background and plot.

Eros 03-12-2007 09:29 AM

Re: Superboy
 
They already have Jason, for the "super boy" department. Anything else is uneccassary and redundant.

Showtime 03-12-2007 10:45 AM

Re: Superboy in the SR continuity (*read before bashing please!*)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_sentinel (Post 11357955)
Before the bashing begins, just hear me out. I've liked the character of the modern age Superboy for two reasons: a) He's more conflicted than Superman and b) Superboy's a bit of a smart-mouth when it comes to his "superhero" work.

For a while now I've been thinking about how Superboy (not Jason White!) would work in the SR continuity. Well, if you remember from SR when Superman lifts his hand after unknowingly touching the kryptonite ore in Lex's landmass his fingers are bleeding. Now this would involve a bit more retconning but le's theorize that Lex was able to obtain a bit of Superman's blood (or hair or whatever, some piece of Superman's genetic material) and after being foiled in SR came up with another plan: using Superman's DNA and the money he swindled from Gertrude, he begins Project Cadmus with the help of Dr. Paul Westfield.

Now i'm more than aware that Superboy was created by Project Cadmus after Superman's death, so Superboy's origin would change somewhat to conform to the SR continuity. Instead of being created with the purpose of replacing Superman after his death, Superboy would be created as a weapon to destroy Superman. So the movie would follow Superboy's journey from Superman's intended assassin to Superman's ally, eventually leading to him being christened Kon-El at the end and possibly allowing for a spinoff movie series (if this isn't one already lol)

If anyone's interested I'd be more than happy to post more details, as this is only a very rough sketch of the background and plot.

Your idea is solid in its own right, but wouldn't work in the realm of Returns. The DNA would most likely be used to create Bizzaro.

Dark Sentinel 03-12-2007 11:22 AM

Re: Superboy
 
you're quite right showtime, but Superman's DNA was used to create Superboy as well. Bizzaro is a degenerate clone of Superman while Superboy is a partial clone. this could be explained easily: the DNA that Lex obtained was highly contaminated by the kryptonite shard that Lex used to stab Superman with, thereby creating Bizzaro (i know thats not how it happened in the comics but i'm just thinking in terms of the film universe for now) but Kryptonian DNA is similar enough to human DNA that human DNA could be grafted onto it in order to stabilize it and neutralize its degenerative nature, thereby creating Superboy.

the above situation would actually function as a separate Superboy spinoff movie now that i think about it (albeit the plot will have to be more developed but it could work). one of Superboy's "titles" in the comics was Project 13, so i guess Bizzaro could be the failed Project 12. i'm really just freewriting at this point lol but i'll stop now

Showtime 03-12-2007 12:16 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_sentinel (Post 11358275)
you're quite right showtime, but Superman's DNA was used to create Superboy as well. Bizzaro is a degenerate clone of Superman while Superboy is a partial clone. this could be explained easily: the DNA that Lex obtained was highly contaminated by the kryptonite shard that Lex used to stab Superman with, thereby creating Bizzaro (i know thats not how it happened in the comics but i'm just thinking in terms of the film universe for now) but Kryptonian DNA is similar enough to human DNA that human DNA could be grafted onto it in order to stabilize it and neutralize its degenerative nature, thereby creating Superboy.

the above situation would actually function as a separate Superboy spinoff movie now that i think about it (albeit the plot will have to be more developed but it could work). one of Superboy's "titles" in the comics was Project 13, so i guess Bizzaro could be the failed Project 12. i'm really just freewriting at this point lol but i'll stop now

You know your stuff, and it certainly could work. Do I think they will do something like that? Probably not, but it' has merit.

Dark Sentinel 03-12-2007 01:45 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime029 (Post 11358484)
You know your stuff, and it certainly could work. Do I think they will do something like that? Probably not, but it' has merit.

thats actually surprising to hear, since i havent read one Superboy comic. i just know everything from reading up on it. i think Conner (as Superboy) is a much more interesting character than Clark (as Superman)personally; he's able to be more relaxed and a little cocky at times as opposed to Superman's almost over-exaggerated nobility.

and yeah, it most likely wouldnt happen, but it'd be a fun movie to see IMO. i should start on the screenplay :woot:

IzzyJG99 03-12-2007 01:48 PM

Re: Superboy
 
That whole Jason White thing ruined the entire movie any any future movies, really.

daywalker2007 03-12-2007 02:17 PM

Re: Superboy
 
great ideas but unfortunately singer and his hack team of idiot morons called "dougherty and harris" do not have the mental capacity to think of such stories or use these

expect a sequel with 1 single villian, and some crappy scenes

dont expect any action with fight scenes etc

singer and his team dont have the balls or courage to make a good film

i mean, coming from a background of "urban legend", dougherty and harris have as much writing talent as 2 dollar hookers

daywalker2007 03-12-2007 02:19 PM

Re: Superboy
 
unfortunately WB or singer or his team dont have any courage or balls like true film makers like James Cameron or Steven Spielberg.

Even Albert Pyun is a better director than Bryan Singer and his Captain America movie is better than Superman Returns,

might as well hire him to do a sequel and cause some "Max havoc" , lol

Billy Batson 03-12-2007 03:20 PM

Re: Superboy
 
First SR ruined my Superman movie dream, now you guys all taking Superboy aka
(SV) from me. :cwink:

dark_sentinel, your idea is very imaginative :up:

I would love to see little Jason become Bizzaro.
The Human part of Jason's DNA is causing an chromosome abnormality within his Kryptonian DNA, resulting in a genetic disorder.
As Jason age, his DNA mutation transform him into Bizzaro. :woot:

Venom'sDad 03-12-2007 03:47 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_sentinel (Post 11358275)
you're quite right showtime, but Superman's DNA was used to create Superboy as well. Bizzaro is a degenerate clone of Superman while Superboy is a partial clone. this could be explained easily: the DNA that Lex obtained was highly contaminated by the kryptonite shard that Lex used to stab Superman with, thereby creating Bizzaro (i know thats not how it happened in the comics but i'm just thinking in terms of the film universe for now) but Kryptonian DNA is similar enough to human DNA that human DNA could be grafted onto it in order to stabilize it and neutralize its degenerative nature, thereby creating Superboy.

the above situation would actually function as a separate Superboy spinoff movie now that i think about it (albeit the plot will have to be more developed but it could work). one of Superboy's "titles" in the comics was Project 13, so i guess Bizzaro could be the failed Project 12. i'm really just freewriting at this point lol but i'll stop now

I agree.

Like Showtime, the DNA will most likely be used to create Bizarro, like someone else said ia another thread.

Dark Sentinel 03-12-2007 04:23 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Batson (Post 11359229)
First SR ruined my Superman movie dream, now you guys all taking Superboy aka
(SV) from me. :cwink:

dark_sentinel, your idea is very imaginative :up:

I would love to see little Jason become Bizzaro.
The Human part of Jason's DNA is causing an chromosome abnormality within his Kryptonian DNA, resulting in a genetic disorder.
As Jason age, his DNA mutation transform him into Bizzaro. :woot:

actually thats a pretty interesting idea that could work...maybe Lois was smoking while she was pregnant with him? :oldrazz:

TheBat812 03-12-2007 04:31 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Superboy sucks. Leave him out of Sr and it's sequels.

VenomsMom 03-12-2007 05:37 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom'sDad (Post 11359320)
I agree.

Like Showtime, the DNA will most likely be used to create Bizarro, like someone else said ia another thread.

Just great, thats all we need is Lex Luther and Superman's retarded clone for villains. You all are trying to bury this francise.

redcaped 03-12-2007 06:41 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Jason will never wear the same costume unless his father dies permanently but still won't fit because there are things meant for only one person and he's not suppose to be like Bat-Man or Flash.

Billy Batson 03-12-2007 10:24 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomsMom (Post 11359873)
Just great, thats all we need is Lex Luther and Superman's retarded clone for villains. You all are trying to bury this francise.

That has already been accomplished.

C. Lee 03-12-2007 10:53 PM

Re: Superboy
 
The Superboy from the new comics could be introduced by cloning as dark sentinel proposed.......Jason is sticky point....but he can be worked around.

wellsy 03-13-2007 03:54 AM

Re: Superboy
 
Technically, isn't Jason pretty much already equivalent to Conner?

Albeit with Lois' DNA.

But you see my point... I hope.

Aside from that though, I don't think its all that bad a concept - very clever of you.

I_Hate_U_All 03-13-2007 03:57 AM

Re: Superboy
 
ready for another trip through the Superman movie twilight zone on the hype, Mr. Lee? :cwink:

Not me. The Suit wars, cast wars, comic vs film wars, attack of the killer piano, etc... I'm not getting involved with that again...

I predict there'll be a "The Kid War" once the hype starts rolling on superman again.

Me, I consider the kid to be the new gus gorman. While watching superman III, it confuses me why Richard Pryor's in it so much, but ah well... At least there's some good parts with reeve to watch.

Now supposedly if Jason doesn't become Superboy, then maybe he can become supergirl through a sex change... yes, kidding.

I must say though, that wouldn't this whole plot be a rehash of superman IV in some aspects?

R_Hythlodeus 03-13-2007 06:44 AM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daywalker2007 (Post 11358937)
unfortunately WB or singer or his team dont have any courage or balls like true film makers like James Cameron or Steven Spielberg.

Even Albert Pyun is a better director than Bryan Singer and his Captain America movie is better than Superman Returns,

might as well hire him to do a sequel and cause some "Max havoc" , lol

http://faeren.fa.funpic.de/Board/ima...on_bruhaha.gif

Dark Sentinel 03-13-2007 08:10 AM

Re: Superboy
 
here's an idea (and one that might save my project): if Doomsday is in the sequel, what if one of Superman's motiviating factors (besides his commitment to protecting the world) is that Doomsday kills the kid during one of his rampages?

think about it:

a. It'd make the fight more personal (and therefore exciting)
b. Singer would (partially) redeem himself and keep the series open for more stories

plus that allows for me to write a really kick-*** Superboy script!:woot:

EDIT: yes, my Superboy script would be based on the Modern Age Superboy

P.S. VenomsMom: Bizzaro is Superman's degenerative clone, not retarted...ah who am I kidding?:oldrazz:

Dark Sentinel 03-13-2007 08:15 AM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wellsy (Post 11362897)
Technically, isn't Jason pretty much already equivalent to Conner?

Albeit with Lois' DNA.

But you see my point... I hope.

Aside from that though, I don't think its all that bad a concept - very clever of you.

actually no. i might not be a hardcore fan of Superboy's but i know enough of his backstory to know that the human part of Conner's DNA is actually thanks to a generous donation from Lex Luthor. Originally Conner's DNA was claimed to have been given to him by Paul Westfield (the head of Project Cadmus) but this got retconned i think either last year or in '05

Venom'sDad 03-13-2007 11:13 AM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomsMom (Post 11359873)
Just great, thats all we need is Lex Luther and Superman's retarded clone for villains. You all are trying to bury this francise.

No... if anything, Singer is burying the franchise, unless he come out of this Donner induced coma.

I really think h doesn't have a clue of the essence of Superman, that's why he's coping from Donner.... he really don't know the character.

VenomsMom 03-13-2007 01:35 PM

Re: Superboy
 
These movies should solely focus on the story that is Superman. Why on earth are we trying to set up Superboy? Superman has just been reintroduced to the big screen after almost a 20 year absence and we are talking about Superboy. They are taking the attention away from Superman with this kid. His inception is still an enigma to me. Get back to basics and establish Supes as he should be and give us some entertaining villains.

VenomsMom 03-13-2007 01:39 PM

Re: Superboy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom'sDad (Post 11363858)
No... if anything, Singer is burying the franchise, unless he come out of this Donner induced coma.

I really think h doesn't have a clue of the essence of Superman, that's why he's coping from Donner.... he really don't know the character.

This francise was already buried, it was Singer's job to dig it up and revive it to its glory. Instead he dug a deeper hole.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.