The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Would You Guys Care If A BRAND NEW X-Men Character Was Introduced? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=274215)

Destiny Is Near 05-30-2007 11:57 PM

Would You Guys Care If A BRAND NEW X-Men Character Was Introduced?

yea as some of you may know, im currently trying to make a script for X-Men 4, and i was wondering if you guys would care if i made a brand new Character to the X-Men Universe?

JustABill 05-31-2007 12:35 AM

Re: Would You Guys Care If A BRAND NEW X-Men Character Was Introduced?

I wouldn't care if a future movie introduce a completely new character created for the movies as long as he/she didn't completely overshadow the already established characters.

Neptune 05-31-2007 06:31 AM

A character created for the movies? No way! Unless the character has a small role but it shouldn't be an Xman.

Canemacar 05-31-2007 06:34 AM

No. It'll just be Spyke (from Evo) all over again.

javphonic 05-31-2007 08:54 AM

Only if it was absolutely necessary, as when I was trying to write a short X-Comic, I couldn't think of any X-men with the power I needed, but with some research I found it

... so i guess I'll sum up and restate, only if you have to

The X-Universe is huge with tons of unknown characters that deserve to be revived, maybe you could tweak a minor character to match what you invision

Destiny Is Near 06-02-2007 04:55 PM

hmm a tie so far! cmon i have 70 views and only 10 votes!, VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

Arkady Rossovich 06-02-2007 08:31 PM

No.The X-Movies were already bad as they were.

TwilightPro101 06-02-2007 10:22 PM

After X3, one can only cringe at the thought.

RoguishGirl 06-13-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canemacar (Post 11758995)

Or it could be like an X-23 (Evo version) all over again.

ToriL90 06-13-2007 04:22 PM

I sort of have a made-up mutant in a very minor role in my script, but I'm looking into combining a couple real characters instead. See, I've got a couple scenes following Rogue during her depowered time. Bobby breaks up with her and she leaves the mansion, hooking up with another X-Mutant named Freddie, who she ends up killing by accident when her powers return. Freddie is a real character from a time in the comics when Rogue was depowered; but in my script, I'm turning him into another cure patient (helps create the initial bond) and I made up his former power. I'm thinking of combining him with an unimportant mutant so I'm not creating other mutants, lol.

So, my answer? Unless it's a minor role, it's a bad idea.

darkseid26 06-13-2007 04:55 PM

spyke was unnecssesary.

iamlegend 06-15-2007 10:20 PM

If they created a new character I wouldn't even bother to watch the movie. Why create something new when you've already got so many stock characters (with huge fan bases) that haven't seen the big screen yet? Creating a new character that has no history to worry about is just lazy.

See Spike in X-Men Evo. They basically stole Marrow's powers, tweaked them a bit, and threw them onto some teenager that had never been heard of before. LAME.

Canemacar 06-16-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlegend (Post 11885003)
See Spike in X-Men Evo. They basically stole Marrow's powers, tweaked them a bit, and threw them onto some teenager that had never been heard of before. LAME.

And if that wasn't bad enough, they also took the "Poochie the Dog" route and made him a bas pastiche of "kewl" teen stereotypes.

gothicFLAVOURS 06-18-2007 08:46 AM

The X-Universe has a lot of characters already. Why create one when you have a bazillion mutants around. And no, I wouldn't want a brand new X-Men character for the movies, I still remember the Magician fiasco in the Ultimate line

X-Maniac 06-18-2007 12:45 PM

There is no need for a new character. The Marvel X-Men Encyclopedia is sure to have one with the powers needed.

ReallyCoolGuy 07-13-2007 06:34 AM

Why are you making an X-Men 4 script?

November Rain 07-13-2007 06:47 AM

well considering there are tons of x-men characters waiting to be done, not to mention there are plenty of already existing movie character waiting to be done well, i think i'd be a lil peeved.

ReallyCoolGuy 07-15-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canemacar (Post 11758995)

What's "Evo"?... I'm assuming you're referring to X3... but where does "Evo" come from? ...just curious.

November Rain 07-16-2007 12:16 PM

the character that was throwing spikes at wolverine was originally created for the animated series known as x-men evolution.

it was a black character modelled on marrow who was a nephew of storms.

he managed to make a cameo in the x-men films and real comic book characters like gambit didn't.

people got upset.

Goddessreicho 07-16-2007 12:19 PM

I would get pissed off. I'm still waiting for Scott and Ororo to show up on screen and be active members in the X-men, let alone as distinguished stylized leaders with character issues.

X-Maniac 07-16-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReallyCoolGuy (Post 12176501)
What's "Evo"?... I'm assuming you're referring to X3... but where does "Evo" come from? ...just curious.

Evo is the X-Men: Evolution animated series, the more recent of the cartoon series.

X-Maniac 07-16-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by November Rain (Post 12187684)
the character that was throwing spikes at wolverine was originally created for the animated series known as x-men evolution.

it was a black character modelled on marrow who was a nephew of storms.

he managed to make a cameo in the x-men films and real comic book characters like gambit didn't.

people got upset.

No, you are wrong. The Evo character who was Storm's nephew was 'Spyke'

The movie character was 'Spike' based loosely on the comicbook character also called Spike - one version is a member of the X-Statix, another is in the New X-Men comic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_%28Marvel_Comics%29

The moviemakers originally intended to put Omega Red into X3, to fight Wolverine, but for some reason scrapped that idea, perhaps to keep Omega Red for a Wolverine solo movie. We instead got a version of the comicbook Spike, who extruded bone projections from his wrist in a similar fashion to the way Omega Red's coils come from his wrist.

So, people shouldn't have 'got upset' unless they didn't know better. Spike in the movie is based on the mutant Spike from the comics.

I'd rather see a brief scene with the small character Spike than a brief scene with the more well-known Gambit.

BMM 07-16-2007 02:41 PM

...and Spike in the comics is based on Spyke from X-Men: Evolution, so it all goes back to X-Men: Evolution anyway, right?

ReallyCoolGuy 07-16-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Maniac (Post 12189137)
The moviemakers originally intended to put Omega Red into X3, to fight Wolverine, but for some reason scrapped that idea, perhaps to keep Omega Red for a Wolverine solo movie. We instead got a version of the comicbook Spike, who extruded bone projections from his wrist in a similar fashion to the way Omega Red's coils come from his wrist.

So, people shouldn't have 'got upset' unless they didn't know better. Spike in the movie is based on the mutant Spike from the comics.

Nah, you got the wrong "Spike" or "Spyke" or however it's spelled... I don't know about X-Men Evolution (never heard of it before)... but "Spike" in the movie was the thug-lookin kid that hung out with Psylocke, Arclight and that other chick that can detect mutants... Spike was the one that had retractable porcupine-like spines that came out of his head... your thinking of "Marrow" that battle Wolverine when he entered the camp... that's a real character (but was actually a chick in the comics)

X-Maniac 07-16-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReallyCoolGuy (Post 12189465)
Nah, you got the wrong "Spike" or "Spyke" or however it's spelled... I don't know about X-Men Evolution (never heard of it before)... but "Spike" in the movie was the thug-lookin kid that hung out with Psylocke, Arclight and that other chick that can detect mutants... Spike was the one that had retractable porcupine-like spines that came out of his head... your thinking of "Marrow" that battle Wolverine when he entered the camp... that's a real character (but was actually a chick in the comics)

Nope. You're wrong, wrong, wrong.

The porcupine man in X3 was calld Quill. Qull is in the comics in several incarnations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quill_%28comics%29

The man who fought Wolverine was Spike.

That's the correct answer.