The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Superman Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=315)
-   -   What If Geoff Johns Wrote MOS? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=287212)

Crazymaverick 10-22-2007 07:26 AM

What If Geoff Johns Wrote MOS?
 
1. He's recently worked/is working with both Dick Donner and Lauren-Shuler Donner, so there's already a working relationship there.

2. He's more than proven himself with Action Comics (with and without Donner).

3. He and Singer both have a "reverance" for Dick Donner's work.


I say it's a no brainer. What do you think?

Hypestyle 10-22-2007 04:44 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
yes.. but would Singer respect his vision?

SuperDaniel 10-22-2007 04:47 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
No more donnerverse! Reboot, pleasE!

GNR 10-22-2007 05:21 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
I'd rather have him stick to awesome comics he writes like Green Lantern and JSA.

NotFadeAway 10-22-2007 06:01 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
No....more.....donner.....or.....singer

Nightwing1977 10-22-2007 07:36 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
I think you stole my idea, crazymaverick! :p ;)

But honestly, I post twice on different threads that I think he would be great. And I wouldn't worry about another Donner's homage if he write the script, despite being his assistant before he did comic books.

Crazymaverick 10-22-2007 11:05 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Well Dick (can I call you Dick?), they say great minds think alike.

And yet fools seldom differ. :)

I'd just be happy if someone like Johns, Millar or Loeb got a crack at this puppy. That is to say someone who know their ******* from their elbow when it comes to Supes.

P.S. Give my regards to Bruce.

matrix_ghost 10-22-2007 11:08 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Donner isn't the be all end all thing for Superman. Granted his version of superman holds up well , but only using him is retarded. That way no other comic book story will ever be seen on the screen because everything needs to based off what Donner did.

mego joe 10-22-2007 11:13 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypestyle (Post 13050057)
yes.. but would Singer respect his vision?

deleted, i totally misread the above, sorry!

dude love 10-22-2007 11:25 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Geoff Johns can kiss my ass.

Quote:

No more donnerverse! Reboot, pleasE!
Quote:

No....more.....donner.....or.....singer
Just because it's a sequel to Donner's films doesn't mean they can't rehash the comics as well.

Nightwing1977 10-23-2007 12:54 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
What your beef with Johns, dude love? :(

Juice2020 10-23-2007 09:54 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
I didn't vote. Because as long as Singer is involved the movie will suck. He wants to bring back ZOD...Singer needs to remove his mouth from Donner's nut sack

Crazymaverick 10-23-2007 10:46 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Ah! Now I remember why I left these boards!

(sigh) good times.

Showtime 10-23-2007 10:55 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
WB/DC very rarely deviates from their system. They like to keep their comic writers seperate from the film side of things. Sure there has been some consultation in the past on properties, but WB does not like to crossover.

Crazymaverick 10-23-2007 11:14 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Dude, David Goyer's written some stuff for DC/WB (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight & Flash) and he's a comic book writer.

Also, Geoff Johns is producing (perhaps writing as well) "Metal Men" with Lauren Shuler-Donner.

Showtime 10-23-2007 11:55 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazymaverick (Post 13057196)
Dude, David Goyer's written some stuff for DC/WB (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight & Flash) and he's a comic book writer.

Also, Geoff Johns is producing (perhaps writing as well) "Metal Men" with Lauren Shuler-Donner.

Dude, "very rarely" I said. I didn't say never. Wouldn't you say that is the exception rather than the rule. :cwink:

The Sage 10-23-2007 02:05 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
I'd love to see Johns as consultant on the story than as a writer. He could assist the main writer, that's be perfect.

Crazymaverick 10-24-2007 08:13 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime029 (Post 13057542)
Dude, "very rarely" I said. I didn't say never. Wouldn't you say that is the exception rather than the rule. :cwink:

You're right but things are turning around now. They've got Cooke working actively on "New Frontier" and Wolfman and/or Perez working on "The Judas Contract".

Also, the fact that Johns is working on "Metal Men" with his mentor's wife gives me hope.

Showtime 10-24-2007 10:44 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazymaverick (Post 13065413)
You're right but things are turning around now. They've got Cooke working actively on "New Frontier" and Wolfman and/or Perez working on "The Judas Contract".

Also, the fact that Johns is working on "Metal Men" with his mentor's wife gives me hope.

I have no idea what Judas Contract or Metal Men is, but New Frontier is animated, this is not live action.

Nightwing1977 10-24-2007 11:38 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice2020 (Post 13056547)
I didn't vote. Because as long as Singer is involved the movie will suck. He wants to bring back ZOD...Singer needs to remove his mouth from Donner's nut sack

When did Singer want to bring in Zod? Those were just rumors. Maybe they were talk, but Singer was never serious on bringing Zod.

And that comment on Singer's mouth on Donner better not be a bashing of Singer's sexuality, since Singer isn't straight. I seen some bash Singer's sexuality before. Like on Countingdown. Pretty sad.

Steelsheen 10-25-2007 04:30 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Johns would be good, whether he'd pick up the Donner influenced Superman movie or come up with something original for a reboot :up:

Otto Octavius 10-29-2007 09:25 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
I Think He's the best guy for the job!

Cousin Itt 10-29-2007 11:01 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
Hmmmm I guess Geoff is better than those clowns that wrote the last Superman flick.

Michael Corleone 10-29-2007 02:10 PM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
I think Johns would be great. I don't think he would create a strictly Donner-verse film. But some people may want to think about wanting to see a Comic book version considering DC has been steadily retconning Superman into the Donner-verse.

I SEE SPIDEY 10-30-2007 11:53 AM

Re: What about Geoff Johns?
 
I hate Donner-verse so...





























NO!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.