The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Iron Man (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=300981)

Captain Planet! 04-22-2008 02:05 PM

The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
Yeah, may be a little early, but if you've seen the movie and want to post reviews about it this is the thread to post it in. Saves a lot of room to do it like this instead of everybody making their own thread.

If your review contains spoilers, put it in spoiler tags.

Immortalfire 04-24-2008 12:39 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
Liar, you just wanted to be the one to make this thread :oldrazz:


I hereby sticky this topic.

Rocker22 04-24-2008 01:32 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
I hereby subscribe to this thread so I can post my inevitable review next week.

hatebox 04-25-2008 09:36 AM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
I've read 4 (proper) reviews and it sounds like exactly the kind of film i thought it'd be: an enjoyable comedy action film where you can leave your brain at the cinema door.

S.A.A.D. 04-25-2008 01:14 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
Ah,come on,what is up with the held back written reviews for Iron Man from the people that voted on the poll who saw it??
One would be nice.

donk70 04-25-2008 08:31 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatebox (Post 14645621)
I've read 4 (proper) reviews and it sounds like exactly the kind of film i thought it'd be: an enjoyable comedy action film where you can leave your brain at the cinema door.

That's what you want in a movie, innit?

Hunter Rider 04-25-2008 08:33 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
Ive made a separate Critics review thread to discuss their reviews, This one will be saved for posters reviews and re opened on Wednesday night.

Harlekin 04-28-2008 04:42 PM

My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Since the official thread is still closed (this could be merged in there, I guess), here's what I thought:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bloody awesome. Really. It was surprisingly faithful to the material, with the necessary changes here and there, of course. They didn't go into Rhodey's history much and changed some stuff with Obadiah, but they certainly got the essences of the characters. It was a really fulfilling film. Definitely the best comic-to-film movie I've seen and enjoyed.

It has some really great scenes. Downey does great as the sarcastic Tony Stark, although he's less convincing when it comes to the serious stuff. One particular conversation with Pepper (Paltrow) felt a little hollow. Paltrow also did a splendid job. Sadly Happy Hogan didn't get a real role (played by Favreau). What little we got to see of Rhodey was great too. His interaction with Tony is great.

Stane too, wonderfully cast, although he ends up a bit two-dimensional in the end. There's not a lot to make you care for him, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and the way he goes out is relatively lame. Flinging his arms up in a cheesy supervillain pose while struck with a blast from a reactor core. That leads to another point of contention, by the way: The armour was done beautifully and all the scenes with it are great, but the fight with Stane isn't as action-packed as I'd hoped. Still tense, but less slugfest and more Tony running for his life.


All in all, it was a great movie and one I'm sure you won't regret seeing.

explode7 04-28-2008 05:13 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
:wow: Great review Harlekin. Even more pumped to see this.

Rocker22 04-28-2008 05:29 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait.

S.A.A.D. 04-28-2008 07:00 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Harlekin,I got one question,if you count all of the minutes worth of action that involves Ironman fighting,how much is the total of those action sequences???
:yay:

JediMasterConor 04-28-2008 10:04 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
the question everyone wants to know:

Is Nick Fury in the after credits scene?

fu manchu 04-28-2008 11:45 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
How in the hell did you get to see it, Harlekin? Good Review, though.

And Iron Monger doing a cheesy supervillain pose? HAHAHA...thats something to look forward to.

Harlekin 04-29-2008 01:14 AM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S.A.A.D (Post 14676661)
Harlekin,I got one question,if you count all of the minutes worth of action that involves Ironman fighting,how much is the total of those action sequences???
:yay:

Oh boy, I'd still say at least half an hour's worth. It's especially the stuff with the Mark 1 armor that's a joy to see though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterConor (Post 14677708)
the question everyone wants to know:

Is Nick Fury in the after credits scene?

Didn't stick around after the credits :(. Multitude of references to SHIELD though. Very awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fu manchu (Post 14678560)
How in the hell did you get to see it, Harlekin? Good Review, though.

Went to the premiere here in the Netherlands.

Quote:

And Iron Monger doing a cheesy supervillain pose? HAHAHA...thats something to look forward to.
It probably wasn't intended as such, but it looks kind of corny.

S.A.A.D. 04-29-2008 09:09 AM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Here is another question Harlekin,in total minutes wise,how long do we see Stark as Iron Man (fighting/testing the suits)??

Immortalfire 04-29-2008 12:30 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
Merging.


Remember to to use Spoiler tags, people.

Harlekin 04-29-2008 12:42 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S.A.A.D (Post 14681118)
Here is another question Harlekin,in total minutes wise,how long do we see Stark as Iron Man (fighting/testing the suits)??

More than half the movie at least. I didn't actually count the minutes.

S.A.A.D. 04-29-2008 12:55 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
^Awesome,good old balance of eye candy/story! Thanks Harlekin. :woot:

S.A.A.D. 04-29-2008 01:02 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
Doe's anyone at this point find the results of the poll interesting?? I do.

Golgo-13 04-29-2008 07:06 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
I hate it that i can't see the poll results until after i vote. :csad:

Golgo-13 04-29-2008 07:09 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlekin (Post 14675676)
Since the official thread is still closed (this could be merged in there, I guess), here's what I thought:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bloody awesome. Really. It was surprisingly faithful to the material, with the necessary changes here and there, of course. They didn't go into Rhodey's history much and changed some stuff with Obadiah, but they certainly got the essences of the characters. It was a really fulfilling film. Definitely the best comic-to-film movie I've seen and enjoyed.

It has some really great scenes. Downey does great as the sarcastic Tony Stark, although he's less convincing when it comes to the serious stuff. One particular conversation with Pepper (Paltrow) felt a little hollow. Paltrow also did a splendid job. Sadly Happy Hogan didn't get a real role (played by Favreau). What little we got to see of Rhodey was great too. His interaction with Tony is great.

Stane too, wonderfully cast, although he ends up a bit two-dimensional in the end. There's not a lot to make you care for him, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and the way he goes out is relatively lame. Flinging his arms up in a cheesy supervillain pose while struck with a blast from a reactor core. That leads to another point of contention, by the way: The armour was done beautifully and all the scenes with it are great, but the fight with Stane isn't as action-packed as I'd hoped. Still tense, but less slugfest and more Tony running for his life.


All in all, it was a great movie and one I'm sure you won't regret seeing.

I'm sorry, but this review is giving me 'Ghost Rider' like deja vu.

DyeLorean 04-29-2008 08:03 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
hello people, just letting you know that I'll be watching the movie 12 hours from now!
:D I'll be posting my review here

D

S.A.A.D. 04-29-2008 08:51 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golgo-13 (Post 14686219)
I'm sorry, but this review is giving me 'Ghost Rider' like deja vu.

Out of curiosity,how so?

X Knight 04-29-2008 08:57 PM

Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread
 
harlekin, did you feel an anti-war / anti-US military vibe when you watched IM?

some of the early reviews seem to suggest that that was a subtle theme or tone in the movie......

I'm really excited about the movie, but that might dampen my enthusiasm a bit.......

Golgo-13 04-29-2008 09:09 PM

Re: My review (spoilers, obviously)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S.A.A.D (Post 14687294)
Out of curiosity,how so?

Similar kinda vibe as the earlier GR reviews.

........like he doesn't want to be the one who says it wasn't as good as the all Hype. I may be wrong, but it's just a vibe.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.