The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Iron Man 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415)
-   -   Iron Man 2 Score (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=319665)

VenomVsSpidey 02-15-2009 11:08 PM

Iron Man 2 Score

who thinks raimin djawadi will be back for the score? i've checked his imdb page and it doesent have him slated,but also on the complete casting list for iron man 2 it doesent appear to have a score composer.i love what he did for iron man, and if he doesn't come back i'll be a bit dissapointed. what's your input on djawadi returning,and his score to iron man?

Rac 02-16-2009 11:54 AM

Re: Iron Man 2 Score

I'd like him to return, but wasn't it confirmed already that someone else is doing the score?

VenomVsSpidey 02-16-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac (Post 16450153)
I'd like him to return, but wasn't it confirmed already that someone else is doing the score?

\nope.not yet. imdb has nothing on the full cast and credits page for original music by _____ yet...

terry78 02-17-2009 09:52 AM

I don't want any big names on this score...no Elfman, Zimmer, Williams, etc. Yet on the flip side I don't want it generic sounding either.

VenomVsSpidey 02-17-2009 01:24 PM

as much as i love wiliams scores, and i DO LOVE his scores...i dont think he could handle iron man...

TheVileOne 02-17-2009 04:41 PM

I think they need a new composer.

Someone who can take some of the tunes and themes from the first movie and just give it a really big, epic, score.

terry78 02-17-2009 05:08 PM

Marco Beltrami.

kedrell 02-17-2009 05:59 PM

I thought the 1st was fine, keep Ramin.

[A] 02-17-2009 06:00 PM

I hope someone with actual talent handles this

VenomVsSpidey 02-17-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aekhyron (Post 16458577)
I hope someone with actual talent handles this

djawadi's got talent. have you heard deception,mr.brooks or the blade : trinity promo score? those are great scores by djawadi himself.

IMfan29 02-18-2009 04:53 PM

I'd put my money on John Debney actually getting the job this time around.

TheVileOne 02-18-2009 06:19 PM

I've seen Trinity and I wasn't impressed with the score. It wasn't very memorable, nor was Iron Man's.

Just saying, this is a big super hero movie. Give it some BIG music. Big, big, big.

rashad 02-18-2009 07:39 PM

Crazy talk. I felt Blade Trinity's score was one of the few redeeming qualities of that film.

VenomVsSpidey 02-18-2009 08:05 PM

^^

yupyup.

IMfan29 02-18-2009 08:16 PM

Iron Man should have had a big, bombastic, orchestral score with an actual memorable theme. I'm confident that John Debney (if he does score it) will definitely deliver that. If anyone has doubts (or doesn't know who he is) listen to his Cutthroat Island score, his score for the video game LAIR (which is sadly no longer available on itunes), or Scorpion King. This guy was born to score action/adventure movies.

I would also like Zimmer to stay as far away from this as possible. We've heard enough of his repetitive, simplistic action music all over most of the blockbuster movies nowadays.

Give someone else a chance for once.

VenomVsSpidey 02-18-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMfan29 (Post 16465889)
Iron Man should have had a big, bombastic, orchestral score with an actual memorable theme. I'm confident that John Debney (if he does score it) will definitely deliver that. If anyone has doubts (or doesn't know who he is) listen to his Cutthroat Island score, his score for the video game LAIR (which is sadly no longer available on itunes), or Scorpion King. This guy was born to score action/adventure movies.

I would also like Zimmer to stay as far away from this as possible. We've heard enough of his repetitive, simplistic action music all over most of the blockbuster movies nowadays.

Give someone else a chance for once.

i do like debney,he's got great music scores...and i like zimmer.however i'd like to keep djawadi,or if he doesent do it and they hire debney,then at least keep his themes.and as much as i like zimmer's score,i have to agree.whilst the score was produced by djawadi/zimmer, i think zimmer should stick to bats.

tamron 02-19-2009 12:56 AM

John Powell would be great.

Djawadi's Blade:Trinity score was cool, but he collaborated with RZA on it. Perhaps that helped him out.

His Iron Man score was disappointing, IMHO. Completely forgettable.

VenomVsSpidey 02-19-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamron (Post 16467774)
John Powell would be great.

Djawadi's Blade:Trinity score was cool, but he collaborated with RZA on it. Perhaps that helped him out.

His Iron Man score was disappointing, IMHO. Completely forgettable

i feel the exact opposite.but everyone's got their own opinion so..whatever ;)

IMfan29 02-19-2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomvsspidey (Post 16466003)
i do like debney,he's got great music scores...and i like zimmer.however i'd like to keep djawadi,or if he doesent do it and they hire debney,then at least keep his themes.and as much as i like zimmer's score,i have to agree.whilst the score was produced by djawadi/zimmer, i think zimmer should stick to bats.

Well, I thought the "theme" (or lack thereof IMHO) was one of the main problems of the score. For rock music, it wasn't too bad. Some good guitar licks in there, but as for a movie score...I don't think so.

For example, the scene when he escapes out of the cave and he emerges for the first time in the Mark I, as soon as he escapes out of the gigantic fireball, the "dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN!" starts, I thought it was laughable. The music was completely inappropriate for the scene, it was supposed to show this heroic escape, then comes the BIG "theme," which was utterly simplistic and un-fitting.

I dunno maybe it's just me, but that's one example where the music was supposed to shine and for me it did nothing. It actually detracted me from the scene and was annoying.

The music actually sounds decent on CD, but in the movie it was very unfitting, and I'm sure as this movie is watched in years to come it will actually make the movie seem pretty dated and cartoony.

So anyways, Debney should get the job.

Chris B 02-20-2009 02:51 PM

I loved Djawadi's IM score. So I'm hoping that he comes back for IM2.

Though I do hope that should he come back, he develops more a character-specific theme for Iron Man himself. I've always thought that the suit-up montif of 'Iron Man' from the soundtrack would serve as a good template.

Daredevil_2003 02-20-2009 07:04 PM

I loved the metal-ish score. Who thinks Iron Man and hears classical music in the vein of Superman or whatnot? Honestly? I though the score fit the character and the film like a glove. I would like to have Djawadi back for IM2 or at least keep the same style.

Troy_Parker 02-20-2009 08:19 PM

Keep Djawadi.

VenomVsSpidey 02-21-2009 07:54 AM

i gotta agree with what daredevil 2003 said. i cant really hear something orchestral like spider-man's score in a movie like iron man. well just have to wait and see if djawadi comes back

Chris B 02-21-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daredevil_2003 (Post 16478510)
I loved the metal-ish score. Who thinks Iron Man and hears classical music in the vein of Superman or whatnot? Honestly? I though the score fit the character and the film like a glove. I would like to have Djawadi back for IM2 or at least keep the same style.

I agree 100%.

Spider-Vader 02-22-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomvsspidey (Post 16457132)
as much as i love wiliams scores, and i DO LOVE his scores...i dont think he could handle iron man...

Ditto. Though I think he'd be perfect for Cap or The Avengers.