The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America: The First Avenger (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   How should Captain America be viewed by soldiers and the public? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=331900)

MessiahDecoy123 11-26-2009 06:33 AM

How should Captain America be viewed by soldiers and the public?

How should Captain A be viewed by others?

R_Hythlodeus 11-26-2009 07:16 AM

Re: How should Captain America be viewed by soldiers and the public?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 17764953)
How should Captain A be viewed by others?

in IMAX!

:oldrazz:

Webhead2006 11-26-2009 09:56 AM

do you mean how should cap be viewed by others in the film. or by today's audience?

MessiahDecoy123 11-26-2009 11:53 AM

by others in the film.

Compi716 11-26-2009 02:07 PM

I'm thinking urban myth at first, but once he's revealed he becomes a symbol idolized by all.

marvel_freshman 11-26-2009 02:28 PM

Do you guys know what would be an awesome idea? What if the film starts & ends in modern times.

Have the film start off with SHIELD searching for Captain America in a submarine. Nick Fury is the head of the other crew on the Submarine. The crew aren't sure what fury is looking for, but they follow his orders. Then one out of the crew gets the guts to ask Fury, " Sir, What exactly are we looking for"? Fury gives an epic response. It all leads to a time lapse back in time.
Then the WW2 era begins.

Then at the end of the WW2 era part of the film, show Steve Rogers falling in the water to be frozen for almost 65 years. We then switch back over to modern times as Nick Fury finishes up his story.

How do you guys like the idea?

Another way they could do this, is have an 86 year old Bucky Barnes telling the story.

Ace of Knaves 11-26-2009 04:25 PM

I think the soldiers should be weary of Cap at first. Thinking he is just some propaganda tool dressed in the stars and stripes. Maybe even a little bit of resentment? Seeing this guy getting called a hero back home in the media, maybe feeling their work is being overlooked.

Then they see him in action...their attitudes change, quickly.

Webhead2006 11-27-2009 01:28 AM

yea they should be a little weary too i agree but then when its revealed what captain america is he becomes the huge symbol he is.

marvel freshman, that idea is likely not going to happen. Its been stated multi times the first avenger is going to be a full on ww2 period piece. At most any present day scene will be a closing/after credits scene where stark/fury/etc.... shield agents find cap's body. Which then leads into avengers.

Webhead2006 11-27-2009 01:38 AM

yea they should be a little weary too i agree but then when its revealed what captain america is he becomes the huge symbol he is.

marvel freshman, that idea is likely not going to happen. Its been stated multi times the first avenger is going to be a full on ww2 period piece. At most any present day scene will be a closing/after credits scene where stark/fury/etc.... shield agents find cap's body. Which then leads into avengers.

marcvader 11-27-2009 09:26 AM

Well Saving Private Ryan is considered a period piece and I think it starts and ends in modern times.
..and I'd have to go with distrust first idolized later.

3dman27 11-27-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compi716 (Post 17765811)
I'm thinking urban myth at first, but once he's revealed he becomes a symbol idolized by all.

my sentiments exactly:cap:

Young Superman 12-01-2009 12:04 PM

Urban myth at first then public hero later

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. 12-09-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvel_freshman (Post 17765846)
Do you guys know what would be an awesome idea? What if the film starts & ends in modern times.

Have the film start off with SHIELD searching for Captain America in a submarine. Nick Fury is the head of the other crew on the Submarine. The crew aren't sure what fury is looking for, but they follow his orders. Then one out of the crew gets the guts to ask Fury, " Sir, What exactly are we looking for"? Fury gives an epic response. It all leads to a time lapse back in time.
Then the WW2 era begins.

Then at the end of the WW2 era part of the film, show Steve Rogers falling in the water to be frozen for almost 65 years. We then switch back over to modern times as Nick Fury finishes up his story.

How do you guys like the idea?

Another way they could do this, is have an 86 year old Bucky Barnes telling the story.

Sounds like the presentation of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein."

afan 12-09-2009 02:44 PM

"Urban" myth is tied to a city, Batman is Gotham's urban myth, alligators in the sewer system is an urban myth. Cap would never be an urban myth.

ComicBookGuy 12-09-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves (Post 17766104)
I think the soldiers should be weary of Cap at first. Thinking he is just some propaganda tool dressed in the stars and stripes. Maybe even a little bit of resentment? Seeing this guy getting called a hero back home in the media, maybe feeling their work is being overlooked.

Then they see him in action...their attitudes change, quickly.

I agree. Kind of like the new kid at school, people seem a little iffy about them, some give them a ton of attention cause they're "fresh meat". Just like anyone though because he's different or a better soldier getting a lot of attention some will resent Cap the entire time.

Ultra Lantern 11-27-2011 09:35 PM

Urban myth at first,then public hero later.

sasa 12-08-2011 06:35 PM

Because captain of the army was amazed to him..
He shown that he is a brave man even he is small

Shadowlord X 12-08-2011 08:00 PM

Wow UL, way to necropost!!!

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. 01-10-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasa (Post 22029279)
Because captain of the army was amazed to him..
He shown that he is a brave man even he is small

This should definitely be the tagline for Captain America 2.