The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Joker's Brother? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=333508)

soulonsale 01-15-2010 09:08 PM

Joker's Brother?

For all you super batman (comics) connoisseurs, with vast, immeasurable amounts of knowledge that I envy so much; I pose a question that came to mind while re-watching the first season of Dexter.

Was the Joker ever written as having a brother?

That may be a dumb, recurrent question, but it never occurred to me. and I wonder what he'd be like? just like Joker? polar opposite? please don't hesitate to flame on me if this has been brought up before, but I am curious to know

:yay:

tomstoyz2 02-03-2010 05:47 PM

Re: Joker's Brother?

I don't ever recall a story like that but it would be a cool idea for one!

Red_Hood 02-07-2010 04:10 PM

No. There is no story about the joker that reaches that far back. There are very few that even touch on the topic of his creation. So yeah.... id assume no. It seems to me that jokers insanity is more nurture than nature, meaning its his environment that changed him and made him crazy so even if he had a brother, there's no telling what he'd be like.

And side note. Dude u think dexter season 1 is good. Keep watching. All the way to up to date. Pm me if you have any trouble getting your hands on it. :)

TheLongestDay 03-05-2010 07:46 PM

Not that I recall but he has had a wife and a nephew in the comics

Jochimus 03-06-2010 11:58 AM

I doubt there's ever been such a story in continuity.

Although Elseworlds has had some fun with the idea - f'rinstance, in Batman vs. Lobo...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
...Joker is revealed to be Batman's long-lost twin brother.

Amber 03-08-2010 05:57 PM

wasnt Harley Quinn his wife? i havent actually read the comics coz my cousin only had x men comics but dont get me wrong i loved watching Batman when i was little

edit: right after posting this i laughed thinking it would be funny if he did have a brother whos the total polar opposite; i mean here ya go:

Joker: big time criminal

jokers bro: big time lawyer

etc.

cupcake_jimmies 03-08-2010 07:52 PM

I have never heard of the Joker having a brother. His life before becoming the Joker is kind of sketchy though. He supposedly had a wife and an unborn child...and Duela Dent had falsely claimed that he was her father..but that's all I have ever heard of as far as his relatives.

Anubis 03-08-2010 08:01 PM

Duela Dent was his daughter.....but from an alternate universe. Where the bad guys were good and the good guys were bad. Doesn't matter now. She and her old man are very dead.

TruerToTheCore 03-08-2010 08:55 PM

In "Legends of the Dark Knight #50", a Denny O'Neil story that re-told the first Joker / Batman meeting, he had a COUSIN. The guy was mental and actually invented the Joker poison. Which is a little bit lame, but what do you expect from "90s Denny". :o

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9748/3163.jpg

But no, we do not need any brothers, nannies, grandmothers, aunts and childhood pets of the Joker to appear in the stories.

Gazzlan 02-17-2013 05:14 AM

there's an easter egg in the Arkham City game that suggests that batman and Joker may be brothers howere to find it you need the catwoman add-on. in Catwomans attept to steal from Harvey Dent theres a painting of Cain carrying Abel and later after the Joker dies Batman is seen carrying Joker in the same way

Bathead 02-18-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzlan (Post 25206327)
there's an easter egg in the Arkham City game that suggests that batman and Joker may be brothers howere to find it you need the catwoman add-on. in Catwomans attept to steal from Harvey Dent theres a painting of Cain carrying Abel and later after the Joker dies Batman is seen carrying Joker in the same way

I think you're reading too much into that. That's also the exact same pose showing Batman carrying a dead Robin for the cover of "A Death In The Family". I don't see where that means they're brothers.