The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454)
-   -   First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR! (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=336350)

anrrd_2 04-30-2010 08:48 AM

First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
here is is in all its glory!!!

[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/13609/Chris-Hemsworth-Thor.jpg[/IMG]

What do you think?:awesome:

The Sage 04-30-2010 08:48 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Ahhhh!

BETArayBill 04-30-2010 08:51 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Sweet but come on where's the helmet!

ArmsHeldOut 04-30-2010 08:52 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
There's so much WIN in that pic.. seriously!

anrrd_2 04-30-2010 08:54 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
They even got the crazy way the cape raises up in the back without making it look stupid... i was concerned about that, but now i see it and its F***in AMAZING!

He-Man 04-30-2010 08:55 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
I was just about to post this pic. Totally Kick-@SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

JAKŪ 04-30-2010 08:55 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Wow... that is very comic accurate. I want to see a full-body shot, and with his helmet!

MOVIELORD101 04-30-2010 08:57 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anrrd_2 (Post 18296178)
here is is in all its glory!!!

[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/13609/Chris-Hemsworth-Thor.jpg[/IMG]

What do you think?:awesome:

It's official: Hemsworth IS Thor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

anrrd_2 04-30-2010 08:57 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
after seeing this i am confident that the helmet will only add to the kick-assery that is this pick (that is, if it can even get more kick ass than it already is)...


...now i want to see LOKI and ODIN! :awesome:

King K 04-30-2010 08:58 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Holy poop that is epic.

SWAT 04-30-2010 08:58 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Looks a little plasticy... (That's not even a word is it?) But, I think It'll look good on camera.

anrrd_2 04-30-2010 09:07 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/10982L-1.jpghttp://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...an_stark-1.jpghttp://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ble_hulk-1.jpg

I challenge anyone to find a more bad ass trio of men... they. does. not. exist.

Khemik@L 04-30-2010 09:07 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anrrd_2 (Post 18296214)
after seeing this i am confident that the helmet will only add to the kick-assery that is this pick (that is, if it can even get more kick ass than it already is)...


...now i want to see LOKI and ODIN! :awesome:

Yea I am very curious to see how they did LOKI

antmanx68 04-30-2010 09:07 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
TECHNO VIKING! Seriously though, that looks good to me. It kind of toes the line between acient/futuristic like most Thor art work has since he was created. I think this will look very cool on screen.

Even if it does appear a little bit rubbery on screen, it looks good and it looks like the comics. I'll take it.

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 09:12 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Looks fantastic to me. Like it literally jumped off the page of a Coipel comic. I just wish he weren't leaning forward and making it all shadowy. There's clearly a lot of detail that we're missing because of the shadows in that pic.

Interesting note: It looks like they've moved the last two discs up to his belt. I like it. I always felt the one awkward part of Coipel's design is the fact that he has four clearly metal discs on his torso and then two, I don't know, silk-screened discs or something on the parts of his tunic hanging down over his legs. Making those last two discs metal and putting them on his belt is a good choice. :up:

Khemik@L 04-30-2010 09:15 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MOVIELORD101 (Post 18296213)
It's official: Hemsworth IS Thor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

I already seeing this movie is gonna be a FULL PRICE :cwink:

THE MR. TERRIFIC 04-30-2010 09:15 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Chris Hemsworth=:thor:


AMAZING!!

Hmarrs 04-30-2010 09:17 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by He-Man (Post 18296205)
I was just about to post this pic. Totally Kick-@SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I saw it on the Official home page Hype site.I was nervous.It took me minute to click on it because I was afraid of what I was going to see.ME TOOO!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SWAT (Post 18296221)
Looks a little plasticy... (That's not even a word is it?) But, I think It'll look good on camera.

I thought the same thing.Why didn't they just go with real Chainmail or Armor????
I hope that don't do that with CAP.
My only guess would be is that it might be too heavy however there are lighter metals.

DocHoliday 04-30-2010 09:17 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Looks very good. It does have a synthetic look but....whatever. Looks borderline futuristic while also having a look from an older age. Can't wait to see Loki.

The Sage 04-30-2010 09:17 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anrrd_2 (Post 18296253)

This needs Captain America. :awesome:

Khemik@L 04-30-2010 09:17 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 (Post 18296274)
Looks fantastic to me. Like it literally jumped off the page of a Coipel comic. I just wish he weren't leaning forward and making it all shadowy. There's clearly a lot of detail that we're missing because of the shadows in that pic.

Interesting note: It looks like they've moved the last two discs up to his belt. I like it. I always felt the one awkward part of Coipel's design is the fact that he has four clearly metal discs on his torso and then two, I don't know, silk-screened discs or something on the parts of his tunic hanging down over his legs. Making those last two discs metal and putting them on his belt is a good choice. :up:

Well that's because this is a Teaser Pic. I think they purposefully choose this pic because they are not ready to hit us with the full design as yet. That's also why his helmet and hammer is missing

Maximillian 04-30-2010 09:18 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Looks very dramatic and opera like. The way it should be. Still trying to figure out what this gash looking thing is:

http://i41.tinypic.com/121tjqw.jpg

JAKŪ 04-30-2010 09:19 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmarrs (Post 18296286)
I saw it on the Official home page Hype site.I was nervous.It took me minute to click on it because I was afraid of what I was going to see.ME TOOO!!!!

I thought the same thing.Why didn't they just go with real Chainmail or Armor????
I hope that don't do that with CAP.
My only guess would it might be too heavy however there are lighter metals.

You also won't be able to mold chainmail around his arms like that. Not to mention there has to be several costumes, they can't all be hand-crafted, functional armour.

bapi 04-30-2010 09:19 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Great! Shakespeare feeling... :)

DocHoliday 04-30-2010 09:19 AM

Re: First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!
 
Yes indeed...A teaser pic. Hey it's more than RDJ with an arc reactor and a hammer. (which was also badass...but just saying)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.