The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454)
-   -   ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=336352)

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 08:52 AM

ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
You may have noticed that the thread about a certain Asgardian villain was deleted. That happened because it had bootlegged pics of said villain, which is a no-no. Discussions are fine, but please refrain from posting any pics or videos that were obtained via bootlegging.

This applies to Iron Man 2's after-credits scene as well--yes, the film has been released in various parts of the world, but the videos and pics are still bootlegged because they were obtained via some dude recording them in the theater illegally.

If you've posted them, please take them down. If I see them from this point on, I'll be issuing infractions for them.

Thank you, please drive through. :awesome:

Manowar 04-30-2010 09:02 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 (Post 18296193)
You may have noticed that the thread about a certain Asgardian villain was deleted. That happened because it had bootlegged pics of said villain, which is a no-no. Discussions are fine, but please refrain from posting any pics or videos that were obtained via bootlegging.

This applies to Iron Man 2's after-credits scene as well--yes, the film has been released in various parts of the world, but the videos and pics are still bootlegged because they were obtained via some dude recording them in the theater illegally.

If you've posted them, please take them down. If I see them from this point on, I'll be issuing infractions for them.

Thank you, please drive through. :awesome:

I'm a big fan of this site and don't post often and will probably never link photos on here, but do the above rules apply to On Set photos? Wouldn't the above rules make them taboo aswell? Just wondering.

Crimson King 04-30-2010 09:11 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Why was the Thor pic removed? It was from Yahoo!

Crimson King 04-30-2010 09:13 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Never mind. It's back!

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 09:15 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manowar (Post 18296234)
I'm a big fan of this site and don't post often and will probably never link photos on here, but do the above rules apply to On Set photos? Wouldn't the above rules make them taboo aswell? Just wondering.

Yep. I have to delete anything that's not an official, studio-approved release. :csad:

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 09:17 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeamek (Post 18296273)
Why was the Thor pic removed? It was from Yahoo!

Misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that.

Vartha 04-30-2010 09:58 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
WHEW yeah corpy no prob bud.
Things like the Iron Man 2 ending and Destroyer pic are the bootlegs. Can I contiune making a Wallpaper Now? :D

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 10:06 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
If you use official pics for it. :oldrazz:

Vartha 04-30-2010 10:19 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
of COARSE! :D

Anubis Raptor 04-30-2010 11:13 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
For anyone who posts bootlegs:

Ymir will come to you in your sleep and swallow you whole:yay:

imaperson2 04-30-2010 12:27 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
:( Set pics were what kept me coming back to this site before.

Webhead2006 04-30-2010 12:55 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
hey corp do i have to remove the destroyer pic from the caption thread i posted the other day if i i will take it down.

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 01:07 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Yep. Any and all bootlegged pics must be removed.

The Squirrel 04-30-2010 01:09 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
So spy set pics are bootleg now? When did that happen? So will the entire Green Lantern set pic thread be deleted?

Webhead2006 04-30-2010 01:11 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
ok corp i just wanted to double check.

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 02:28 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Squirrel (Post 18297324)
So spy set pics are bootleg now? When did that happen? So will the entire Green Lantern set pic thread be deleted?

Technically all spy pics are bootlegs since they're obtained without the studios' permission. But pics of people standing around in the desert aren't a big deal. If it reveals something major about the movie, like the pic of the Destroyer did, though, I'll have to take them down, so I would appreciate people not posting them in the first place.

The Squirrel 04-30-2010 02:31 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Everyone was ok with the leaked pics of the Iron Man suit, when the first movie came out (heck it even made into the movie). I guess rules just change with time. :csad:

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 02:32 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
I can only relate the rules that come down to me from on high.

That sounded a lot more religious than I meant it to. :o

thorstone 04-30-2010 09:11 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
The pics are all over blog sites regardless.

TheCorpulent1 04-30-2010 09:13 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Yep, but that's for the mods/owners of those blogs to deal with.

KrypJonian 05-01-2010 06:02 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
I get it Corp, you gotta do what the higher ups say is right, but I can't help but be bummed :csad:

As far as I'm concerned, this is the first I've heard of the Destroyer, and now that has been spoiled for me. But if I wasn't ready for spoilers, I should have gone somewhere else for some censored information. But I love spoilers, I read Batman Begins long before it came out. I read the leaked Green Lantern script. I can't resist spoilers.

So now I know something is coming in the Thor flick and I don't get to make the CHOICE to see what it may look like? That kinda sucks.

I know rules are rules, but you can't stop me from being upset about it. If I try hard enough, I'm sure I can find it. But it makes me sad that I can't see it on the Hype! because the studio hasn't approved it.

Just my rant I guess. I know if I stopped to think about the studio's investment I'd think differently, but I still get all worked up about it.:cmad:

The Squirrel 05-01-2010 11:09 AM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
What gets me is that a studio can film in an open and public desert, but pics from this open area are "not allowed"? I don't buy that for a second. But I digress.

Webhead2006 05-01-2010 12:06 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
i am so like that myself, i am a total spoiler hog for certain films/tv shows. Then at other things i do want to be surprised myself.

TheCorpulent1 05-01-2010 12:58 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Squirrel (Post 18300852)
What gets me is that a studio can film in an open and public desert, but pics from this open area are "not allowed"? I don't buy that for a second. But I digress.

Well, like KrypJonian said, it's not my call. The site has rules and we have to abide by them. There are plenty of other websites that don't have those rules, too, so you can always find spy pics if you're really desperate to see them.

Manowar 05-03-2010 02:50 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No
 
Is it ok to post links to other sites that do show boot-legged photos?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.