The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Amazing Spider-Man (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=463)
-   -   ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread) (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=339665)

Daisy 08-02-2010 04:52 PM

ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
As I was reading the various threads discussing the reboot, I felt a strange sense of deja vu. Yet, I felt there was something missing that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Then I realized what it was, there was no one putting those pesky man-spider fans in their place!

And so (after a bit of archival research), I present the beloved Mr Parker in all his glory:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Parker
Spider-Man without the mechs is like Batman without the batmobile,or Captain America without his shield or James Bond drinking a beer instead of the classic martini shaken but not stirred that he always asked for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Parker
anybody who likes organic webbing is not a true spidey fan because the fact that people could possibly not care about sony raping to death his character like they did in the movie by giving him organic webbing makes me sick.They have raped to death his character with organics because he is a damn monster now and no longer human anymore. the REAL reason they used organics in the movie was the director was too damn lazy to try and incorporate them in the movie because he did not want to take the extra 5 minutes of screentime it would take to put them in the movie and explain them so he took the easy and lazy way out with organics. the shooters are very much an important part of his character because like you said,he could always show his superiour intelligence over the average man with them.any idiot like flash thompson could have become spiderman with organic webbing but not just anybody could have had the smarts like peter did to invent th webbing.he was a special and unique person,it was a gift he had that very few people have.and you hit the nail on the head,it makes no sense for the webbing to shoot out of his hands.realistically they would shoot out of his butt.Great thread. if not for those stupid movies of sonys and that idiot director sam raimi ,they would never have been introduced in the comics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Parker
because of organics we now got the character of MAN-SPIDER instead of spider-man

:applaud TRUE SPIDEY FAN :applaud

----

Now that that's taken care of...

While I certainly don't share all of Mr P's sentiments (i.e. anyone liking the Sony Spider-Man films aren't true spidey fans, but man-spider fans), I do agree that mechanized web-shooters are something integral to the Spider-Man mythos. Like Mr P said, they are emblematic in showing how Peter Parker was special, how his intelligence and problem-sovling abilities allowed him to really make use of the power he was given (unlike someone like Flash Thompson).

Additionally, the constant need to buy supplies to create web fluid presented him with another challenge in his life, and the fact that his webbing could run out prevented him from using it as a cruch, forcing him to once again rely on his own intelligence and skills to get himself out of a jam. For me, that was always one of the more appealing things about Spider-Man (also why I prefer Batman over Superman, but that's for another forum).

So, I say, organics DO suck. The film-makers should do it right this time and use mechanical web-shooters.

The Joker 08-02-2010 11:02 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Mr Parker.....oh the memories. Shame you couldn't find any of Bakerboy's posts, too. They were a dynamic duo together.

Daisy 08-03-2010 08:30 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
This is the only remaining quote from bakerboy on Spider-Man (the others relate to Batman).

The question posed was which was worse the GG costume or the Organics:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerboy
Power ranger costume was a total joke, but with the organics they rapped the character and made of him a man spider. Both were a sin for the true spider man fans. They are just ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to choose , but the organics were a little bit worse than the goblin costume.


TheSlag 08-03-2010 09:49 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
hehe.. *breaks into song*... Memmmorrriessssss... Like the corners of my mind... *Hears Cats start howling...

Man-Spider... True Spider-Man fans... ahh, sweet memories. :up:

Those were the days. When you could really get into it with the umm... errr... "unique" posters that were on the site.

Wow. I hate it that I basically agree with Mr. Parker, not to his lunatic extent mind you, but I do prefer Mechs.\

Man, I really miss those days.

Oh yeah... almost forgot.. *clears throat*....

MARRY ME!!!! :cwink:

Daisy 08-03-2010 10:26 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
It's like when you're talking politics and some guy who agrees with you jumps in and then takes it ten steps further, and his way of saying things is so horrible you just think: "Please... don't help me. :("

I don't think that the organics made the movies bad or really detracted from the films. At the same time, though, they didn't really add or enhance the film either. There was nothing they did with the organics that they couldn't have done with mechanical webshooters. There was nothing that made you think: "Aha! Now I understand why they felt the need to change it. They wanted to show X." They were just ... there.

Mechs, on the other hand, provide an opportunity to really highlight another dimention of Peter's character - ingenuity.

TheSlag 08-05-2010 12:34 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy (Post 18669925)
It's like when you're talking politics and some guy who agrees with you jumps in and then takes it ten steps further, and his way of saying things is so horrible you just think: "Please... don't help me. :("

I don't think that the organics made the movies bad or really detracted from the films. At the same time, though, they didn't really add or enhance the film either. There was nothing they did with the organics that they couldn't have done with mechanical webshooters. There was nothing that made you think: "Aha! Now I understand why they felt the need to change it. They wanted to show X." They were just ... there.

Mechs, on the other hand, provide an opportunity to really highlight another dimention of Peter's character - ingenuity.

LOL. I agree. It's not like the Organics ruined the movie for me, or made it the Amazing Man-Spider for me (thank you bakerboy and Mr. Parker)... but the Organics vs. the Mechs left a dimension out of Peter Parker for me, that I want to see in the reboot.

brianbuck 09-25-2010 07:32 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
I think the Spectacular Spider Man animated series showed how out-of-place and unneeded the organic web shooters were. I hope we get mechs in the reboot.

Franklin Richards 09-25-2010 07:45 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
If they were really organic they'd be coming out of his butt.



:thing: :doom: :thing:

Spider-Kid 09-26-2010 05:24 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
http://oi51.tinypic.com/296dc49.jpg

Alex The Great 09-27-2010 11:08 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Man, how did you find those posts? I want to be able to read the days of old Hype :csad:

Carcharodon 09-27-2010 05:36 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin Richards (Post 18958895)
If they were really organic they'd be coming out of his butt.



:thing: :doom: :thing:

Not necessarily. That assumption is based on a grossly oversimplified view of human and spider anatomy.

Franklin Richards 09-27-2010 05:39 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Would it be coming out of his hands?


:thing: :doom: :thing:

Carcharodon 09-27-2010 05:42 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
**** no lol.

Daisy 09-27-2010 07:25 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
It'd be coming out of his belly button.

Carcharodon 09-27-2010 09:52 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
....no.

Daisy 09-28-2010 12:17 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Dude, I think you're marching to the beat of a different drum here.

Alex The Great 09-28-2010 12:21 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
The webbing comes out of his penis


Case Closed :up:

Carcharodon 09-28-2010 01:52 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy (Post 18972229)
Dude, I think you're marching to the beat of a different drum here.

....no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex The Great (Post 18972250)
The webbing comes out of his penis


Case Closed :up:

....yes. :up:

Eggyman 09-29-2010 06:39 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex The Great (Post 18972250)
The webbing comes out of his penis


Case Closed :up:

The next time I see Spidey shoot webs at a bad guy's face, the charm will be lost.

chaseter 09-29-2010 09:43 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Organics are better for the environment.

Ken-Kaniff 09-29-2010 12:41 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
WOW! What a mature title this thread has...;)

Spider-Aziz 11-14-2010 04:47 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
I disagree with Mr Parker whoever he is, fans of the organic shooters are still Spidey fans, they simply accepted the change for the movies

Spider-Who? 12-04-2010 05:59 PM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
oh man....i became a member of Spider-Man Hype! so I could post in the Organics SUCK!!!!!!! thread. Wow, to think its been 10 years....

Irony-Man 12-06-2010 11:43 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz (Post 19222364)
I disagree with Mr Parker whoever he is, fans of the organic shooters are still Spidey fans, they simply accepted the change for the movies

Mr Parker was not a person. He was a concept, an idea, a man-spider bashing wraith! If you took every cliche of what is wrong with fanboys, rolled them up into one uber fanboy and ran their thoughts thru the OPPOSITE of spell check (while applying random caPITALIzation and personal attacks), then you would come close to recreating the glory that was Mr Parker.

Arguing with Mr Parker was the most fun the Hype has ever been.

Thousands of years from now, when Spider-man, man-spider, organic webbing and even Mr Parker himself have been forgotten, the SPIRIT of his semi-coherent, pourly speled, CAPITALIZEED, rants aginst SONY raping his childhood, will remain. Every time a fan rails against a change made to a beloved character, every time an internet troll SHOUTS at someone thru his computer, every time a clearly derailed argument is endlessly repeated, every time a logical inconsistency is pointed out but ignored in teh next post, we can say thank you to MR Parker.

If I may paraphrase BakerBoy: "I knew Mr Parker. I served on teh Hype with Mr Parker and you SIR are NO MR PARKER!

Daisy 12-07-2010 10:00 AM

Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)
 
:slowclap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.