The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=457)
-   -   Thor vs. Wonder Woman (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=341361)

Nave 'Torment' 09-04-2010 03:52 AM

Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Norse vs. Grecian

Both are mythological entities, both have a strong stake in the mythology/fantasy/swords & sandals genres, and both are super heroes! So who would win in a fight? Who is the stronger hero? The superior character? The whiter warrior? (sorry). Most of the Thor stories occur on Asgard and it has a much better grasp on the fantasy elements then Diana, whose 'paradise' isn't exactly a place for conflict (unless you count recent events). But Diana has taken on superior forces - embodiments of War, Death, Discord, etc. So the debate rages - who?

TheCorpulent1 09-04-2010 11:00 AM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Thor. He's more powerful by pretty much any indicator; only advantage I'd give Diana is a potential speed advantage, since Thor can supposedly move around the speed of lightning, whereas Diana's taken down speedsters. Diana taking on superior forces is arguable. Thor's punched a hole in a Celestial, chased Galactus away, and routinely beats Mangog, a being who is the embodiment of billions of people's rage.

Nave 'Torment' 09-04-2010 07:08 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
But according to psuedo-mythology (tongue-in-cheek), Thor will perish come Ragnarok, but Diana will live on...

Um, Lasso of Truth vs. Mjolnir ?

TheCorpulent1 09-05-2010 09:28 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Thor's been through Ragnarok like 3 or 4 times that we've seen, with a whole lot more implied. It's just a cyclical death/rebirth in the comics, not the end of all things that the myths say.

Mjolnir is way better than the lasso of truth, for my money. The lasso of truth is exactly what it says: a lasso that forces people to tell the truth. Mjolnir is a hammer--so right off the bat, it's a more practical weapon--that can absorb and redirect energy, mess with the weather, create portals through space and other dimensions, return to the user's hand no matter what, etc.

Nave 'Torment' 09-11-2010 05:10 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 (Post 18863403)
Mjolnir is way better than the lasso of truth, for my money. The lasso of truth is exactly what it says: a lasso that forces people to tell the truth. Mjolnir is a hammer--so right off the bat, it's a more practical weapon--that can absorb and redirect energy, mess with the weather, create portals through space and other dimensions, return to the user's hand no matter what, etc.

Hmm...I like that! Gives the hammer a purpose! I wonder if there's any one else who would vote for Diana on this one? Guess not :P

TheWatcher 09-11-2010 05:35 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
This wouldn't even be a fight.

Thor wins every time.

Bren 09-24-2010 01:41 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
WW wins!!!


*in case she's reading this and takes a fancy to me!!!* :woot:

Nave 'Torment' 09-26-2010 03:03 AM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
:D but then Thor will kick your hineu to Asgard. And there you don't have a guard.

amalgam 10-07-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 (Post 18857957)
Thor. He's more powerful by pretty much any indicator; only advantage I'd give Diana is a potential speed advantage, since Thor can supposedly move around the speed of lightning, whereas Diana's taken down speedsters. Diana taking on superior forces is arguable. Thor's punched a hole in a Celestial, chased Galactus away, and routinely beats Mangog, a being who is the embodiment of billions of people's rage.

Diana has more skill as a warrior, and inuitive reflexes AND has beaten the GOD OF WAR, Ares, who is the sum of ALL rage and war and death and hatred and negativity in the World! she has also beaten other gods/goddesses

oh and her Lasso of Truth is indestructable! if she gets in around him he's not breaking out! not to mention he will be compelled to reveal his weaknesses and the way to defeat him! besides Diana's bracelets are forged from Zeus' Aegus shield which allows her to channel lightning as well

and her superstrength comibined with her skills and weaponry enable her to easily defeat Superman, her bracelets clashing could cause earthquakes and flinging her tiara with full force and speed could be extremely lethel even to Superman at his strongest

Nave 'Torment' 10-17-2010 04:49 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
^ Proven during her infamous murder scene/scandal.

:D Diana has supporters! Woo Hoo!

tricon7 11-24-2010 08:41 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amalgam (Post 19022419)
her bracelets clashing could cause earthquakes

Really? Are you serious? I'm willing to suspend disbelief to a degree when reading comics, but clashing bracelets causing earthquakes just ventures too far into fantasyland for me.

Nave 'Torment' 11-28-2010 04:40 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tricon7 (Post 19273259)
Really? Are you serious? I'm willing to suspend disbelief to a degree when reading comics, but clashing bracelets causing earthquakes just ventures too far into fantasyland for me.

Aw shucks. You're just repressed.

Kirk Langstrom 12-16-2010 11:59 AM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amalgam (Post 19022393)
Diana has more skill as a warrior, and inuitive reflexes AND has beaten the GOD OF WAR, Ares, who is the sum of ALL rage and war and death and hatred and negativity in the World! she has also beaten other gods/goddesses

Diana havving more skill as a warrior is certainly debateable.

Thor has also beaten Ares, as well as Ares' father, Pluto. :word:

TheCorpulent1 12-16-2010 12:00 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Thor's beaten most of Ares' family, to be honest. But Marvel's Ares doesn't really hold a candle to DC's Ares at their respective bests.

mc7791 12-17-2010 07:03 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Thing is that in some vs arguments its always WW speed blitz fight over, speed blitz fight over. Thor is rarely shown to have tremendous speed but he does have it and can use Mjolnir to teleport as well. Also getting the writers to show Thors fighting ability is a much an uphill battle as it is to fight the Destroyer armor. I give this one to the Thunder God.

Gamma Burst 12-17-2010 07:36 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWatcher (Post 18890906)
This wouldn't even be a fight.

Thor wins every time.

The truth.It's not even a contest.

TheCorpulent1 12-18-2010 04:09 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mc7791 (Post 19372662)
Thing is that in some vs arguments its always WW speed blitz fight over, speed blitz fight over. Thor is rarely shown to have tremendous speed but he does have it and can use Mjolnir to teleport as well. Also getting the writers to show Thors fighting ability is a much an uphill battle as it is to fight the Destroyer armor. I give this one to the Thunder God.

Sad but true. If anyone doubts that characters' power levels wax and wane with their popularity, all they need to do is read some Thor comics from the '60s or '70s and compare them to some from the '90s.

spider-neil 12-28-2010 06:59 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainStacy (Post 19365933)
Diana havving more skill as a warrior is certainly debateable.

Thor has also beaten Ares, as well as Ares' father, Pluto. :word:

pluto is ares' uncle not father.

Gamma Burst 12-28-2010 07:03 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Actually, while suffering from a temporary mental disease, Thor beat Ares and Pluto together!:)

WildcatNC 12-28-2010 07:07 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Thor. Every single time.

WW is no slouch, just not on Thors level.

Nave 'Torment' 01-05-2011 12:11 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
How do I turn this into a poll?

TheCorpulent1 01-05-2011 12:34 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
You can't once you've created the thread. I added a poll.

Bren 01-06-2011 09:26 AM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amalgam (Post 19022411)
oh and her Lasso of Truth is indestructable! if she gets in around him he's not breaking out!

All well and good, but it can also be said that Mjolnir is very powerful and if she gets hit on the head with it, she'd not getting UP :woot:.

Ultra Lantern 01-06-2011 08:13 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
Thor can get Oden to help him.Wonder Woman has the Amazons on her side.

Doomed_hero 01-06-2011 08:21 PM

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman
 
It would be a good fight and belive more even then the crappy WW vs Strom fight all those years ago.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.