The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Batman vs the black Joker thug (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=342145)

The Joker 09-26-2010 10:48 AM

Batman vs the black Joker thug

It's probably the only fight in the movies where we see Batman physically matched and get beaten up by someone who's not a superior fighter like Catwoman and Ra's.

What did everyone think of this fight?

Oddzball 09-26-2010 10:51 AM

Re: Batman vs the black Joker thug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 18961279)
It's probably the only fight in the movies where we see Batman physically matched and get beaten up by someone who's not a superior fighter like Catwoman and Ra's.

What did everyone think of this fight?

Link please. Not everyone sees what you see on the tube(?)

The Joker 09-26-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddzball (Post 18961288)
Link please. Not everyone sees what you see on the tube(?)

I don't have a link for it on YouTube. Have you not seen Batman '89?

Oddzball 09-26-2010 11:09 AM

Just a hint: When talking about something more than twenty years old, try giving it some context.

Blitzkrieg Bop 09-26-2010 11:15 AM

Must have been the shades.

The Joker 09-26-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddzball (Post 18961340)
Just a hint: When talking about something more than twenty years old, try giving it some context.

You're on a superhero forum. Unless it's been 20 years since you've seen the movie, you'll know what fight scene I'm talking about.

Travesty 09-26-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

-Batman Forum? Check

-Misc Batman Films section? Check

-Black Joker thug? Check

I can now deduce that Joker(SHH member) is talking about the scene in B89(which is a Batman movie), where Batman was fighting a big Black Joker thug(there's your context) on top of the bell tower.

Now to answer the original question: Yeah, I loved this scene. I don't know if you're trying to say it bothered you, or if you liked it, but I loved the fight. Batman gets tossed around(literally), yet, was still able to defeat his opponent by throwing him down the bell tower(ZOMG, Batman killed people:wow: ).:cwink:

El Payaso 09-26-2010 02:20 PM

I LOVE that scene. It's probably my favourite bat-fight ever. Not only had Batman a real challenge but the whole scene mixed very well the action and the humour. It was great how the fight had the Joker's waltz in the background and those hilarious Joker and Vicky's interventions.

And I was never bothered that Batman killed the thug in the end. It was a life or death situation.

Plus the whole bellfry background is simply perfect for a bat-like character.

The whole scene is epic for me. Not only the fight but the whole ascencion sequence also.

Quote:

Just a hint: Miscelaneous Batman Films forum.

You come here, you're supposed to have seen those movies.

SuperFerret 09-26-2010 02:26 PM

Seen them or studied them? I watched Batman '89 again about two or three weeks ago. I don't remember most of it aside from the broad strokes of the plot. Small scenes like the one being discussed only stick out in the memories of the obsessive or those who've literally just seen it.

The Joker 09-26-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Payaso (Post 18962081)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travesty (Post 18961787)
-Batman Forum? Check

-Misc Batman Films section? Check

-Black Joker thug? Check

I can now deduce that Joker(SHH member) is talking about the scene in B89(which is a Batman movie), where Batman was fighting a big Black Joker thug(there's your context) on top of the bell tower.

Thank you, gents :up:

Geez, you'd think if you're hanging around the Misc Batman movies forum that you'd know what scene I'm talking about.

Quote:

Now to answer the original question: Yeah, I loved this scene. I don't know if you're trying to say it bothered you, or if you liked it, but I loved the fight. Batman gets tossed around(literally), yet, was still able to defeat his opponent by throwing him down the bell tower(ZOMG, Batman killed people:wow: ).:cwink:
No, I loved this scene. But it sticks out because it's probably the only scene where Batman gets his ass handed to him, and it's not from a villain. Even other well trained thugs like the guy with the swords, or the Strongman in Returns never lasted long around Batman.

But this guy, using simple fisticuffs beat seven shades of s*** out of Batman. Where was the PREP TIME?!?!? :woot:

El Payaso 09-26-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFerret (Post 18962100)
Seen them or studied them? I watched Batman '89 again about two or three weeks ago. I don't remember most of it aside from the broad strokes of the plot. Small scenes like the one being discussed only stick out in the memories of the obsessive or those who've literally just seen it.

That's just a bad memory case man.

The scene is big, not a detail. But it is not strange to have people in this kind of forums who have seen the movies many times so they remember it.

Brother Jack 09-26-2010 09:14 PM

I always thought the ending of that fight with Batman pulling the thug down the chasm was a little cheap, not to mention murderous.

El Payaso 09-26-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Jack (Post 18963930)
I always thought the ending of that fight with Batman pulling the thug down the chasm was a little cheap, not to mention murderous.

Cheap how?

And yes, Batman either killed him or clearly he was going to be killed.

Cain 09-26-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Jack (Post 18963930)

Dude the fact that in the movie Batman also blew up a chemical lab full of henchmen before that, well it tells you he has no problems with being murderous.

Macphisto 09-26-2010 11:30 PM

It's a cool little fight scene. Batman can barely stand/walk after the Batwing crash and the thug takes full advantage. One of the few Bat moments where there's a genuine sense of danger.

Also, I love the fact that once Batman works out the true identity of his parents' murderer he goes completely ape**** and starts killing anyone who stands in his way to The Joker. Talk about being pushed over the edge.

GothamAlleys 09-26-2010 11:31 PM

AND he blew up the big guy in Returns. Burton's batman killed and Burton commented on that. The original Kane's Batman killed too. Sam Hamm was a major comic book fan so he did his homework. Theres a cool feature online about all the accuracy and nods of Batman 89 to the earliest comics - http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/fea...php?display=40

Rebel 09-26-2010 11:34 PM

He's talking about this fight scene:
http://screenmusings.org/Batman/images/Btmn_1084.jpg

And yes... that scene was intense! I remember fearing for Batman when I first saw this in theaters.

dude love 09-27-2010 06:58 AM

For a blind man, Ray Charles did pretty well against Batman IMHO.

Two-Face 09-27-2010 07:41 AM

Ray Charles! haha! I never seen it like that.

SuperFerret 09-27-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Payaso (Post 18962305)
That's just a bad memory case man.

The scene is big, not a detail. But it is not strange to have people in this kind of forums who have seen the movies many times so they remember it.

Not really, and I really don't think that "Batman fights a black guy" figures big in the plot.

El Payaso 09-27-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFerret (Post 18965495)
Not really, and I really don't think that "Batman fights a black guy" figures big in the plot.

Well it does. It's in the movie. Re-watch it.

SuperFerret 09-27-2010 11:19 AM

So you would include it in a plot synopsis? If you had to boil the plot of the movie down into a paragraph, you would include these details as important?

El Payaso 09-27-2010 11:38 AM

I wouldn't include the batwing in a plot synopsis. I know that people remember it though. Specially people who come here. It's far from being a detail.

LuisTX85 09-27-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Payaso (Post 18962081)
I LOVE that scene. It's probably my favourite bat-fight ever. Not only had Batman a real challenge but the whole scene mixed very well the action and the humour. It was great how the fight had the Joker's waltz in the background and those hilarious Joker and Vicky's interventions.

And I was never bothered that Batman killed the thug in the end. It was a life or death situation.

Plus the whole bellfry background is simply perfect for a bat-like character.

The whole scene is epic for me. Not only the fight but the whole ascencion sequence also.

I agree 100%.

Brother Jack 09-27-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Payaso (Post 18964535)
Cheap how?

And yes, Batman either killed him or clearly he was going to be killed.

Cheap as in he had to trick him and pull him down the chasm instead of beating him in fisticuffs.