The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=442)
-   -   Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon??? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=348118)

Colonel Kurtz 02-08-2011 02:03 AM

Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Seeing how Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D came out on DVD after Iron Man in 2008, I think it would be conceivable that the 1990 Captain America film would finally be making an appearance on DVD soon. As far as the rights are concerned, I know National Studios Inc, Marvel Enterprises, and 20th Century Fox Television released the Nick Fury movie. Since 21st Century Film Corporation (Cannon under Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus) is non-existent, then I would think the rights for Captain America would go back to Marvel to choose a distributer. I know that the VHS was released through Columbia Tri-Star (Sony now). Does any one know who released the Hulu video?

It's also been hinted at on Albert Pyun's website that there is a DVD in the works:
http://www.albertpyunmovies.com/

and...

http://pyuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/...e302eea8cdee40
(Look at the comments section)

A little off topic, I find it funny that Pyun finally made a sequel to the Sword and the Sorcerer, Abelar: Tales of an Ancient Empire. So who knows, perhaps he'll just release his own version, anything is better than the poor VHS transfer that most bootlegs are made of.

Mace Dolex 02-08-2011 02:24 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
As a non-Captain America fan I did enjoy the cheap attempt of a film back in the 90's, did I care that it didn't adhere to the comics? Nope.

Did I find the rubber ears distracting? Nope.

Was I *****ing and moaning at the Red Skull for being Italian? Nope

At least it was ten times better than the god awful late 70's TV Cap movies.

Colonel Kurtz 02-08-2011 02:37 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Personally, I'm of the mind that this and The Fantastic Four (1994) should be released on DVD as soon as possible. Captain America is really a shame because it does have some decent actors in it, Ronny Cox and Ned Beatty. Sure Golan and Globus were con artists/criminals, but I love their films!

marvelboy10 02-08-2011 08:59 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ismail Ax (Post 19670440)
Seeing how Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D came out on DVD after Iron Man in 2008, I think it would be conceivable that the 1990 Captain America film would finally be making an appearance on DVD soon. As far as the rights are concerned, I know National Studios Inc, Marvel Enterprises, and 20th Century Fox Television released the Nick Fury movie. Since 21st Century Film Corporation (Cannon under Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus) is non-existent, then I would think the rights for Captain America would go back to Marvel to choose a distributer. I know that the VHS was released through Columbia Tri-Star (Sony now). Does any one know who released the Hulu video?

It's also been hinted at on Albert Pyun's website that there is a DVD in the works:
http://www.albertpyunmovies.com/

and...

http://pyuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/...e302eea8cdee40
(Look at the comments section)

A little off topic, I find it funny that Pyun finally made a sequel to the Sword and the Sorcerer, Abelar: Tales of an Ancient Empire. So who knows, perhaps he'll just release his own version, anything is better than the poor VHS transfer that most bootlegs are made of.

I'm ok with you but nick fury was a tv movie, not a film, it's not the same thing.

Colonel Kurtz 02-08-2011 12:45 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelboy10 (Post 19671216)
I'm ok with you but nick fury was a tv movie, not a film, it's not the same thing.

Captain America was released as a direct to video movie in the United States, only overseas did it receive a limited theatrical run. It's essentially the same type of situation. TV movies and direct to video films are in the same tier of shlock.

Charles Band's Doctor Mordrid (retooled Dr. Strange) is out on DVD, so should the Captain America movie and the Fantastic Four. I'm confident that Marvel, in conjunction with Albert Pyun and Paramount, will release an official copy of the movie very soon. Like I said before, Pyun is working on restoring the movie as I write this.

marvelboy10 02-08-2011 01:13 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ismail Ax (Post 19672140)
Captain America was released as a direct to video movie in the United States, only overseas did it receive a limited theatrical run. It's essentially the same type of situation. TV movies and direct to video films are in the same tier of shlock.

Charles Band's Doctor Mordrid (retooled Dr. Strange) is out on DVD, so should the Captain America movie and the Fantastic Four. I'm confident that Marvel, in conjunction with Albert Pyun and Paramount, will release an official copy of the movie very soon. Like I said before, Pyun is working on restoring the movie as I write this.

Ok ;)

Hope they will release it in DVD in France with Punisher 1989.

Colonel Kurtz 02-08-2011 02:49 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelboy10 (Post 19672353)
Ok ;)

Hope they will release it in DVD in France with Punisher 1989.

Get a region free DVD player and buy the American version of the Punisher (1989). Or if you're a real fan of the movie, buy the R2 Austrian version. It has the unrated original cut and a workprint version on disc two.

marvelboy10 02-08-2011 03:07 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
I'm not a fan of it, i never see it but thanks ;)

Colonel Kurtz 02-17-2011 05:43 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Here's an official update from Albert Pyun Movies on facebook:

"I'm working with several companies to find away to make my director's cut of Captain America available to fans. albert."

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Albert...s/172106871258

Antonello Blueberry 02-17-2011 06:53 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
I wonder if they'll digitally remove the elastic trampoline and the safety harness that can be seen in some scenes of the movie.

Colonel Kurtz 02-18-2011 01:39 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonello Blueberry (Post 19729469)
I wonder if they'll digitally remove the elastic trampoline and the safety harness that can be seen in some scenes of the movie.

Why would Albert Pyun Lucas his movie? Forget digitally removing SFX giveaway's, I just want a transfer better than a VHS found in a dumpster behind a tugger theater.

BizarroAids 02-19-2011 05:58 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Thank god it's finally getting a dvd release. Now I can toss away my VHS copy.

I was beginning to wonder if this was ever going to be released. But I understand these companies like to release these old movies in conjunction with the new movie.

Pink Ranger 02-24-2011 03:10 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ismail Ax (Post 19670440)
A little off topic, I find it funny that Pyun finally made a sequel to the Sword and the Sorcerer, Abelar: Tales of an Ancient Empire. So who knows, perhaps he'll just release his own version, anything is better than the poor VHS transfer that most bootlegs are made of.

Dude, thanks for the tip there! I thought you are joking at first, but then I looked it up. Val Kilmer, check. Kevin Sorbo, check. Lee Horsely as Talon, check. Ralf Moeller, check. I'm going to scour the earth for this DVD now (without having to buy it on Amazon, as I'm sure it's garbage).

Iron_Stark 03-26-2011 08:31 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
First day buy for me. There were three reasons I still had my VCR, the original Star Wars movies, to record fights and Captain America '90.

Well the original SW cuts were released on dvd a few years ago, I got a dvr about two years ago and now looks like I'll be getting this on Blu Ray.

Guess its time to say goodbye to my old vcr.

Blade X 03-27-2011 03:40 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
I saw the uncut version of this movie on bootleg back in 1990 before it was ever released on video tape and cable. I didn't know it was uncut until I saw the movie on cable.

Mace Dolex 03-27-2011 06:07 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
I wonder if fans are pissed that the 1990 Cap suit is more comic book accurate than the new 2011 Cap film?

marvelboy10 04-23-2011 10:51 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Hey Guys, join us to ask a captain america 1990 revival DVD in France and around the world : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...55050447890794

Same thing for the old Punisher with Dolph Lundgren : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...77243038990915

Duke 05-09-2011 11:31 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
I'll be getting it the first day it comes out!!

Duke 05-09-2011 11:32 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mace Dolex (Post 19945187)
I wonder if fans are pissed that the 1990 Cap suit is more comic book accurate than the new 2011 Cap film?




I'm probably in the minority, but i'm not pleased with the costume they decided to go with in the 2011 film.

ShaneHelms 06-16-2011 02:28 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...121/capdvd.jpg

MGM and Fox Home Entertainment announced today that the Matt Salinger-starrer hits DVD on July 19:

Experience The Original Adventure
CAPTAIN AMERICA
Available on DVD for the First Time Ever

The Very First Avenger Makes His Long Awaited Debut On DVD on July 19th

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s “manufacturing on demand” (“MOD”) program is excited to announce its newest addition, CAPTAIN AMERICA, available on DVD as part of MGM’s Limited Edition Collection. Based on the bestselling Marvel Comics series, CAPTAIN AMERICA stars Matt Salinger (What Dreams May Come) as a crime-fighting superhero whose strengths and abilities may save the United States from nuclear destruction.

During World War II, a brave American soldier (Salinger) volunteers to undergo experiments to become a new super-soldier, codenamed “Captain America.” Infiltrating Germany to sabotage Nazi rockets pointed at the U.S., Captain America faces off with Nazi superhuman warrior Red Skull (Scott Paulin, The Right Stuff) who defeats the hero, throwing him into suspended animation. Frozen for 50 years, Captain America is found and revived only to find that Red Skull has changed identities and has targeted the President of the United States (Ronny Cox, RoboCop) for assassination. With America on the verge of utter chaos, it is up to one man to save the day!

CAPTAIN AMERICA also features supporting performances from Ned Beatty (Superman), Darren McGavin (A Christmas Story), Michael Nouri (Flashdance) and Melinda Dillon (Close Encounters of the Third Kind) and Kim Gillingham (“One Big Family”). The DVD will be available for sale on online retailers everywhere.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...dvd-on-july-19

Hypestyle 06-17-2011 12:31 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
eh.. from the looks of this, it doesn't sound like it will be an extended director's cut like Pyun promised some time back-- I'm not really a fan of the "original" version. Even from a completist standpoint, I don't see myself buying this unless it's the expanded version. We'll see..

and yeah, Ironic that MGM/Fox gets the video rights for it after all this time. I hope that Universal releases the 70's era stuff.. that I would cop, it's kitsch is actually tolerable for me..

marvelboy10 06-17-2011 09:34 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
It will be sell in shop or just on internet ?

Hope a release in France (zone 2).

Seems the director's cut of pyun comes this month according to Albert Pyun in dvd-r.

Hypestyle 06-18-2011 12:47 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelboy10 (Post 20629761)
It will be sell in shop or just on internet ?

Hope a release in France (zone 2).

Seems the director's cut of pyun comes this month according to Albert Pyun in dvd-r.

link?

I see on his website a mention of April 9, but that was long ago at this point.. :doh:

BizarroAids 07-03-2011 05:23 PM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaneHelms (Post 20621303)

I'm so ready for this on DVD!

I think it's funny that they saturated the pic to make the shield look more the First Avenger shield.

cryptic name 07-04-2011 05:47 AM

Re: Albert Pyun's Captain America Coming to DVD Soon???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mace Dolex (Post 19945187)
I wonder if fans are pissed that the 1990 Cap suit is more comic book accurate than the new 2011 Cap film?

it may be more accurate, and fun in a schlocky way. but in all honesty, the costume looks like **** in the movie. the mask smooshes his face. rubber ears?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.