The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454)
-   -   When should the DVD come out? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=355617)

one4smoke 06-04-2011 07:53 PM

Thor ...the DVD
 
I'd like to see what they cut from Thor.

kedrell 06-04-2011 11:13 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Well my guess is some time in September.

R_Hythlodeus 06-05-2011 03:49 AM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kedrell (Post 20509589)
Well my guess is some time in September.

Well, the question was, when it SHOULD come out. And the answer to that can only be: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
There is another question, though.
How should the DVD look?
I don't know if those steel book DVD were available in the US (since German distributors tend to do their own thing)
but since
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/m/m_Ll...yTPGdA/140.jpg
and
http://bilder.preisvergleich.org/pro...428_DE_210.jpg
fit so nicley together (what you can't see on the picture of the IM cover, because somehow it's missing, is that the cover actually has the same LIMITED EDITION on the top & the same 2 DVDs sign on it) and the spines of TIH, IM and IM2 definatly look like they are part of the same series, I want the same thing for Thor.

Verbal21 06-05-2011 03:35 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
^that would've been so cool if the US had something like that

Ponyboy 06-05-2011 03:39 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Just get a region free bluray player and you're all set.

Vartha 06-06-2011 01:16 AM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
I would love the Imax poster image as the DVD cover.

RealIrOnMaN 06-18-2011 05:35 AM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8163/84014783.th.png http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5245/89132284.th.png

Vartha 06-18-2011 05:42 AM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Nice August release!
Still two months away! lol

Wow, doesn't give Japan too much time for it in the theater.

Thor_Odinson 06-18-2011 11:37 AM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
I must remember to take a vacation day from work on August 26th!

04nbod 06-18-2011 11:57 AM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
I hope the movie poster isn't the DVD art. I actually like the French Poster more and the Teaser poster come to think about it. No floating heads.

R_Hythlodeus 06-18-2011 12:30 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
August is nice. But the cover is underwhelming.

Vartha 06-18-2011 12:46 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 04nbod (Post 20641989)
I hope the movie poster isn't the DVD art. I actually like the French Poster more and the Teaser poster come to think about it. No floating heads.

I liked the international poster better too I'll print that out too soon, when I have a frame to do that. lol

Thor_Odinson 06-18-2011 01:00 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
My favorite Thor poster is the 3D IMAX one. I saw Thor in 3D IMAX only once, but I just love that poster!

Vartha 06-18-2011 01:02 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
I printed that one out on 4 pieces of Typing paper. I have it hanging next to the Typical Theater poster that was out first

sgaana 06-18-2011 01:11 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor_Odinson (Post 20642491)
My favorite Thor poster is the 3D IMAX one. I saw Thor in 3D IMAX only once, but I just love that poster!

Which one is that?

I'm really glad we're getting an August release... although my immediate question is... is that definitely an August release for the U.S.? Or in overseas markets? That is, I'm wondering if they're going to stagger the DVD release the way they staggered the movie's opening?

If it's coming out that early in the U.S. too... is there any sense of what it might "mean" that they've decided to bring it out earlier than expected? Not that I am complaining! I'm just wondering what the marketing/promotional strategy might be. I was assuming that them getting to bring out Thor in the early fall, and then Cap a couple of months later, would be a way for them to remind folks about The Avengers.

Could it be due to how quickly it's losing screens in this crowded summer? And thus, Marvel doesn't expect it to stay in theaters earning money as long as IM or IM2 did, and thus sees no reason not to let it start making its money on DVD?

Vartha 06-18-2011 01:21 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgaana (Post 20642569)
Which one is that?

I'm really glad we're getting an August release... although my immediate question is... is that definitely an August release for the U.S.? Or in overseas markets? That is, I'm wondering if they're going to stagger the DVD release the way they staggered the movie's opening?

If it's coming out that early in the U.S. too... is there any sense of what it might "mean" that they've decided to bring it out earlier than expected? Not that I am complaining! I'm just wondering what the marketing/promotional strategy might be. I was assuming that them getting to bring out Thor in the early fall, and then Cap a couple of months later, would be a way for them to remind folks about The Avengers.

Could it be due to how quickly it's losing screens in this crowded summer? And thus, Marvel doesn't expect it to stay in theaters earning money as long as IM or IM2 did, and thus sees no reason not to let it start making its money on DVD?

This is the IMAX poster tho this one isn't mine, The image I have is Ultra High res VERY big, good enough for an actual poster size print out
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...60416305_o.jpg

Thor_Odinson 06-18-2011 01:31 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Amazon.com isn't giving a release date. I'm not complaining of the August release either, but I was expecting a September/October DVD/Blueray release date. I hope this won't be a "rush" job with very little extras.....................

Vartha 06-18-2011 01:35 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor_Odinson (Post 20642709)
Amazon.com isn't giving a release date. I'm not complaining of the August release either, but I was expecting a September/October DVD/Blueray release date. I hope this won't be a "rush" job with very little extras.....................

no Feige and Kenneth said there was plans for some things on Bluray just not sure what EXACTLY for both.
There's supposed to be a section set up as Odin's vault with everything in it, there's supposed to be 20 minutes of deleted scenes, but no word if that will be ADDED to the film or as extras like on TIH.

sgaana 06-18-2011 01:53 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 20642639)
This is the IMAX poster tho this one isn't mine, The image I have is Ultra High res VERY big, good enough for an actual poster size print out
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...60416305_o.jpg

Ohhhhh, right. Yes, that is my favorite of the posters as well. :woot:

They have some for sale on eBay now, you know.

EliteF50 06-18-2011 02:22 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Looks like a bad photoshop.

Vartha 06-18-2011 02:41 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgaana (Post 20642897)
Ohhhhh, right. Yes, that is my favorite of the posters as well. :woot:

They have some for sale on eBay now, you know.

Probably cheaper to go have one printed lol

sgaana 06-18-2011 03:47 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 20643227)
Probably cheaper to go have one printed lol

I dunno, good printing of large format always seems so expensive. There seems to be a 27x40 size offered for $10.99.

Vartha 06-18-2011 04:25 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
don't forget the 7 dollar postage lol

PyroChamber 06-19-2011 01:40 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
Blu-ray.com has Sept. 24 as a release date.

Vartha 06-19-2011 02:28 PM

Re: When should the DVD come out?
 
the ads do say "DVD"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.